Originally Posted by Robertczek
Well this is no good if the PCM issue is still there.... I don't want to have to toggle pure direct everytime I turn on a PCM source that defeats the purpose of having just 1 remote which is a massive pain to have the Naka remote sitting there constantly... And it Def sounds like its still there if the rear speakers are playing no sound until you toggle the pure direct....
I am going to try later this afternoon, will report back but I am currently using the 2.1 firmware with very little issue and will Def save a copy of that just in case this new one is still not doing what it's supposed to
sooooo.... IT WORKS!!!! originally it was the exact same issue after updating and then resetting the soundbar. but then i decided to unplug everything and do a hard reset... and after plugging back in and powering everything back up the PCM issue is solved! i tried going to/from pcm and dolby and i even shut off the tv and then turned it back on and the dolby surround was working fine both times without having to toggle!
if you ask your gf to do the following i bet you will have similar results!!! let me know if this solves the PCM issue for you as well!!
Re-establish HDMI connection with TV
1. Disconnect all HDMI cables connected to TV and soundbar
2. Power OFF the TV, soundbar and other devices
3. Unplug the power cord of TV, soundbar and other devices from power outlets
4. Wait for 10 minutes to clear the internal memory
5. Plug the power cord of TV and soundbar back to power outlet
6. Power ON the soundbar and TV
7. Connect a HDMI cable to soundbar HDMI 1 ARC and TV HDMI ARC
8. Ensure the soundbar is switched to ARC mode
9. Verify the TV audio is playing on the soundbar
10. Configure the TV audio settings HERE
11. Press INFO button on your soundbar remote to verify audio format received on your soundbar
12. Proceed to connect content devices one by one