Official Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 and 7.2 dts:x dual subwoofers soundbars thread - Page 170 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1304Likes

post #5071 of 5162 Old 09-15-2019, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all,

I posted before a few pages ago but never heard anything. I have the Naka Shockwafe 7.2. Lately for some reason it starts and goes to mute to right away. I have done the reset on the soundbar and I even did the extended steps of removing the hdmi cords and powering items down for five minutes and reconnecting one at a time while powered up. Still happens. Before the soundbar would just always default to ARC but now sometimes it goes to HDMI2 or HDMI3 and goes into mute. Any ideas on what to try to fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5072 of 5162 Old 09-16-2019, 03:12 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBoundSinner View Post
Hi all,

I posted before a few pages ago but never heard anything. I have the Naka Shockwafe 7.2. Lately for some reason it starts and goes to mute to right away. I have done the reset on the soundbar and I even did the extended steps of removing the hdmi cords and powering items down for five minutes and reconnecting one at a time while powered up. Still happens. Before the soundbar would just always default to ARC but now sometimes it goes to HDMI2 or HDMI3 and goes into mute. Any ideas on what to try to fix it?
Happens to mine. I found if i turn off hdmi cec opt on the soundbar then it will not mute or switch audio inputs. Downside to this on my setup is soundbar no longer turns on with tv/roku just off. With it on it turns on fine but switches to arc, mutes.
post #5073 of 5162 Old 09-17-2019, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Naka 7.2. Fw33. xbox one x vudu app. I bought 2 brand new hdmi 2.1 cables off amazon. Then reset the sound bar according to the steps laid out in this thread. Bought a the new spiderman off the vudu app. But the sound avs picture bought continue to cit out. Xbox to soundbar hdmi 2- soundbar arc to tv arc. Constantly cuts out. Now if i connect the xbox directly to tv then arc back to soundbar. I have zero issues cept I can not get atmos this way. Any ideas that might Help? Thanks

Ps I have also uninstalled both the vudu and dolby app and reinstalled them on xbox

Last edited by Jjdy2k; 09-17-2019 at 06:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5074 of 5162 Old 09-18-2019, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1306 Post(s)
Liked: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjdy2k View Post
Naka 7.2. Fw33. xbox one x vudu app. I bought 2 brand new hdmi 2.1 cables off amazon. Then reset the sound bar according to the steps laid out in this thread. Bought a the new spiderman off the vudu app. But the sound avs picture bought continue to cit out. Xbox to soundbar hdmi 2- soundbar arc to tv arc. Constantly cuts out. Now if i connect the xbox directly to tv then arc back to soundbar. I have zero issues cept I can not get atmos this way. Any ideas that might Help? Thanks

Ps I have also uninstalled both the vudu and dolby app and reinstalled them on xbox
Out of curiosity, what mode is your soundbar on? By mode I mean which "Pure Direct" button setting are you using?

Sony 75xZ9D connected to Panasonic UB820 and Nakamichi Shockwafe 7.1 Pro Atmos
Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 75x940e (Returned :-( bad motion blur)
Sony 75x900e, Sony 75x940d, Sony 55x930d, 55x810c, Sony 55x850c (All retired)
post #5075 of 5162 Old 09-19-2019, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What do you think is easiest way to get this system to Canada? Buy on Ebay and ship to canada or buy on Amazon or something like that and ship to family/drop box at border in USA? about 5hrs from my house?

Do you think I will get dinged at the border?

This is for 9.2.4
post #5076 of 5162 Old 09-19-2019, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua goard View Post
Quote:

Out of curiosity, what mode is your soundbar on? By mode I mean which "Pure Direct" button setting are you using?
Pure Direct is set to dolby surround with stereo off
post #5077 of 5162 Old 09-20-2019, 04:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi, I'm in the market to buy a Home Cinema setup for myself, confused between the two setup

1) Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2

2) Bose Soundbar 700 with 700 Base module and 700 Surround speakers

I'm able to get both of them at the same price range, which one should i go for ?
post #5078 of 5162 Old 09-20-2019, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav013a View Post
Hi, I'm in the market to buy a Home Cinema setup for myself, confused between the two setup

1) Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2

2) Bose Soundbar 700 with 700 Base module and 700 Surround speakers

I'm able to get both of them at the same price range, which one should i go for ?
Is not Bose 700 the soundbar the one which does not handle any of the new and exciting audio formats like Atmos, DTS:X etc.? I am not sure if it even handles Digital Plus?
gaurav013a likes this.
post #5079 of 5162 Old 09-20-2019, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1016 Post(s)
Liked: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4K Guy View Post
Thanks robnix. Great feedback. I’m curious though, does your Nakamichi have 1 sub or two?
After you posted this, I dug out the Elites and the Denon and hooked them back up to see if I could tell the difference. I only hooked up the front three, so just the left, right, and center. I can say unequivocally that after 10 minutes of listening I won't be able to go back to the soundbar. The Elite's are able to provide a clearer sound with more separation at lower volumes than the nakamichi. The difference is pretty dramatic,

[COLOR=inherit !important]

#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }
[/COLOR]
DavAbq likes this.

Looky here!
post #5080 of 5162 Old 09-21-2019, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
So I went over to a buddy's house this weekend and he has a full on Atmos system in his living room. Receiver, 2 subs, center, front left and right channels, and 6 in ceiling speakers - rears, rear height, left right height...

Obviously his setup sounded better than my 7.1 Naka system, but it wasn't like we were playing 2 different sports...The Nakamichi 7.1 sounds very, very good in my opinion. I had never heard a full Atmos setup before so I had nothing to compare it to. Worth noting, my friend has been doing audio/video setup for 10 years so his install was good, measured the distances from where he would be sitting when he placed the speakers and all that jazz...

Again, his system obviously sounded better, but I was surprised at how amazing the Nakamichi system sounds in comparison.
How much was your friend's system?
What brand components?
post #5081 of 5162 Old 09-21-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffinmylye View Post
When did Nakamichi change the way they recommend you connect the Shield TV to the TV/soundbar? I swear when I first got my Nakamich Soundwafe Pro 7.1 DTS:X they said to connect the Shield to the soundbar via HDMI port and the TV to the soundbar via HDMI ARC. Now I'm seeing this:

https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.com/audio-settings

When did this change and can other's confirm this is how they have their devices connected?
You have to make sure you select the model on top of the page. After the Atmos upgrade, Shield should be connected to soundbar. If you select their 2016 model, it will tell you to connect to TV because it does not decode DD+
post #5082 of 5162 Old 09-21-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_smoker View Post
I messaged them yesterday and no response. I've called, emailed, and FB messaged enough over the last 3 weeks that I can initiate a chargeback with a clean conscience. I'm on the phone with the CC company as I type, actually. I like rooting for the underdog, especially when their product has so much potential, but this whole situation is just completely unacceptable.
I think their tech support is in India, you need to try to get in touch with Ray or Alberto, they are the best.
post #5083 of 5162 Old 09-21-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:

Double check your Xbox settings too
https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.com/xbox-one-x-video
https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.com/xbox-one-x-audio

If it is the subs and rears that are cutting out, it may be your router. Good luck
post #5084 of 5162 Old 09-21-2019, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicoled View Post
I think their tech support is in India, you need to try to get in touch with Ray or Alberto, they are the best.
I emailed Alberto (no response) and the tech I spoke with told me multiple times that he would personally speak to Alberto and have him get in touch with me. Frankly, I put in far more effort and patience than is reasonable. I disputed the charge and that's that <brushes off hands>
DavAbq likes this.

Vizio P75-F1 | Denon AVR-S740H | Chane A1.5/A2.4 L/C/R | Boston VRS Micro Surrounds | Dayton Sub-1200 | HTPC (Win10, Red Dragon RX 5700 XT, Kodi, MPC-HC/MadVR) | PS4 | XBone
post #5085 of 5162 Old 09-21-2019, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicoled View Post
How much was your friend's system?
What brand components?
I don't know. I think he said the ceiling speakers were about 300 bucks a piece and there were 6 of them...Not sure the brand or total cost, but I am sure it's high end.

Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
post #5086 of 5162 Old 09-22-2019, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrodriguez559 View Post
So i tried your methods just now and all audio cleared up. Subs are working beautiful no clipping in subs or surround speakers. Alberto actually called while i was testing and he has taken notes to hand down to engineering so they can try to recreate what is happening with our setups so they can fix it. He said it was me and one other that had these issues im guessing its you lol. Good luck ill post updates
I used this HDMI splitter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One output HMDI goes to the Nakamichi and the other HDMI output goes to the LG TV. Atmos sound to the Nakamichi no longer has the issue with the subs and rear speakers. Very odd and unfortunate that I have to use this work around.
post #5087 of 5162 Old 09-23-2019, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimaster5577 View Post
To get my XB1X to work with my Naka, I had to:
* Turn off 4:2:2
* Turn off both Allow 24Hz and 50Hz
* Make sure that 10bit color depth is selected
* And use certified cables

Not sure why this works for my setup but it did, and I was no longer suffering from the intermittent black screen. And Atmos sounded great in the games I played like BF1 and Battlefront 2. Try it out. Personally, I moved my XB1X to ARC to take advantage of 1440p and 120Hz, and when using 4k I like how great Freesync renders games -- I love my Samsung NU8000.

Cheers and good luck.
Quote:

This is my solution I used to get the Xb1X to play nice with my Naka.

As a note, I currently connect the Xbox directly to the TV so that I can take advantage of VRR. So now I only use Arc
post #5088 of 5162 Old 09-23-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
This is my solution I used to get the Xb1X to play nice with my Naka.

As a note, I currently connect the Xbox directly to the TV so that I can take advantage of VRR. So now I only use Arc
So, I believe I have the same setup.
Samsung 65NU8000 and nakamichi 7.1 DTS:X with Dolby Atmos FW.

So, in order to get [email protected] I have to connect the Xbox One X directly to my TV, and then use ARC to get the audio to the soundbar. By doing this, I will still have Dolby Admos on the soundbar?

I thought ARC will not send Dolby Atmos signal to the soundbar from the TV.
post #5089 of 5162 Old 09-23-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Feria View Post

So, in order to get [email protected] I have to connect the Xbox One X directly to my TV, and then use ARC to get the audio to the soundbar. By doing this, I will still have Dolby Admos on the soundbar?

Nope, because the Samsung doesn't allow eARC, and possibly not the Naka passing through Dolby Atmos as DD+, but I may be mistaken. So unfortunately I can't take advantage of the Atmos since I've prioritized faster response times.
post #5090 of 5162 Old 09-23-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Nope, because the Samsung doesn't allow eARC, and possibly not the Naka passing through Dolby Atmos as DD+, but I may be mistaken. So unfortunately I can't take advantage of the Atmos since I've prioritized faster response times.
FML... .... I should have buy the Samusng atmos soundbar
post #5091 of 5162 Old 09-24-2019, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Trying to watch a movie today, but the english tracks wouldn't process. Any advice? This is the nakamichi shockwafe pro 7.1.

Here's the audio streams:

The two English streams don't work. I'm on the latest firmware. I'm sending this through the Samsung K8500 4k player as uncompressed bitstream. It is connected hdmi straight to the soundbar, then to tv via ARC.

Last edited by F34R; 09-25-2019 at 04:15 AM.
post #5092 of 5162 Old 09-25-2019, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Feria View Post

You can get Atmos over ARC, it's just compressed Atmos vs Lossless Atmos. Audio compression is very good these days and it will probably sound fine. It will be sent via Dolby Digital plus most likely vs True HD

Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
post #5093 of 5162 Old 09-25-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
You can get Atmos over ARC, it's just compressed Atmos vs Lossless Atmos. Audio compression is very good these days and it will probably sound fine. It will be sent via Dolby Digital plus most likely vs True HD
I believe you need eARC enable on the Tv to get this to work. I know with my setup, the XB1X does not allow for Atmos over ARC. If you have gotten it to work, let me know. I definitely would love to be able to get it to work even though eARC isn't officially supported by the Samsung NU8000
post #5094 of 5162 Old 09-25-2019, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I believe you need eARC enable on the Tv to get this to work. I know with my setup, the XB1X does not allow for Atmos over ARC. If you have gotten it to work, let me know. I definitely would love to be able to get it to work even though eARC isn't officially supported by the Samsung NU8000
I was talking about Dolby Atmos in general. You can get Atmos over ARC but it is the lossy compressed version rather than the lossless TrueHD version. Does Samsung TVs support Atmos over ARC? I'm pretty sure the limiting factor is your Samsung TV. I don't think the tv will pass through Atmos over ARC. I don't think it's a Nakamichi issue.

Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
post #5095 of 5162 Old 09-25-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I was talking about Dolby Atmos in general. You can get Atmos over ARC but it is the lossy compressed version rather than the lossless TrueHD version. Does Samsung TVs support Atmos over ARC? I'm pretty sure the limiting factor is your Samsung TV. I don't think the tv will pass through Atmos over ARC. I don't think it's a Nakamichi issue.
You're speaking specifically about the Naka. Gotcha. Yes, I believe it is with the TV which I hope in the future they will update -- doubt it, but here's hoping. Cheers!
post #5096 of 5162 Old 09-25-2019, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You're speaking specifically about the Naka. Gotcha. Yes, I believe it is with the TV which I hope in the future they will update -- doubt it, but here's hoping. Cheers!
You've probably stated this before but I haven't been on the thread in a while. Is there a reason you don't send the Xbox through the Naka? Is it because you want the VRR feature of the TV? I've never had that, but from what I understand, motion handling was rated very well on the NU8000 which is surprising because Samsung isn't typically knows for their amazing motion handling...Is the VRR feature worth losing Atmos over?

Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
post #5097 of 5162 Old 09-25-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
You've probably stated this before but I haven't been on the thread in a while. Is there a reason you don't send the Xbox through the Naka? Is it because you want the VRR feature of the TV? I've never had that, but from what I understand, motion handling was rated very well on the NU8000 which is surprising because Samsung isn't typically knows for their amazing motion handling...Is the VRR feature worth losing Atmos over?
VRR allows for quicker response times even at 4k, which is great for competitive gaming. Also, by connecting directly to the TV I also have access 1440p at 120hz. I do, however, miss Atmos. It sounds great for games such as Battlefront 2 and BF1/V.

EDIT: But I may go back and test Atmos and non-VRR to see if there's a difference.

Last edited by Jedimaster5577; 09-25-2019 at 02:51 PM. Reason: grammar
post #5098 of 5162 Old 09-27-2019, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by christonian View Post
What do you think is easiest way to get this system to Canada? Buy on Ebay and ship to canada or buy on Amazon or something like that and ship to family/drop box at border in USA? about 5hrs from my house?

Do you think I will get dinged at the border?

This is for 9.2.4
Anyone have any ideas as I cant find anyone selling this in Canada?

5hrs to family, I am about 1hr or less from border for a drop box
post #5099 of 5162 Old 09-28-2019, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Xfinity X1 remote code for 7.2 Elite?

Greetings all - I have a new Elite 7.2 on FW32 (just OOTB, have not updated FW yet), and am trying to see if anyone knows if there is a pairing code to support the Xfinity X1 voice remote ? (corporate.comcast.com/stories/introducing-the-new-x1-voice-remote)

Did some searches here but nothing concrete (might be poor search skills on my part), hence this quick post. Grateful for any help. Would like this to work if it can versus getting a Harmony remote or such... thank you!
post #5100 of 5162 Old 09-28-2019, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxf250 View Post
Greetings all - I have a new Elite 7.2 on FW32 (just OOTB, have not updated FW yet), and am trying to see if anyone knows if there is a pairing code to support the Xfinity X1 voice remote ? (corporate.comcast.com/stories/introducing-the-new-x1-voice-remote)

Did some searches here but nothing concrete (might be poor search skills on my part), hence this quick post. Grateful for any help. Would like this to work if it can versus getting a Harmony remote or such... thank you!
NM... acc. to Ray at Nak, there are no codes yet from Xfinity for the 7.2 bar....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
button* , nakamichi shockwafe , nakamichi soundbar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page