Official Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 and 7.2 dts:x dual subwoofers soundbars thread - Page 183 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1368Likes

post #5461 of 5690 Old 12-04-2019, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBoundSinner View Post
Hi all,

I wrote before and got some feedback but I am wondering if anyone else is having the same issue that is found in the following video. I have this exact same issue. I contacted Alberto at Nakamichi who basically just had me do resets and the handshake process and yet I keep having the same issue. It's very frustrating and disheartening considering I really do like this system, but I have no clue what's causing the subwoofer noise. Here is the link for the video... https://youtu.be/EkCmST58zTc
Did you ever find a solution for this? I noticed mine does this as well on some movies. I can replicate this when playing the new Jumanji movie during the helicopter scene with the rhinos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5462 of 5690 Old 12-04-2019, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick777 View Post
Did you ever find a solution for this? I noticed mine does this as well on some movies. I can replicate this when playing the new Jumanji movie during the helicopter scene with the rhinos.
Maverick,
Unfortunately no I did not. I went back and forth with Nakamichi support, primarily Alberto. They kept having me reset the soundbar and re-do HDMI handshaking. They kept saying the subwoofers were fine and not faulty. I noticed that if you hook up HDMI to the TV directly the issue stops, but then the problem is you lose out on Dolby Atmos, etc. It affected a lot of movies that I was watching to the point I got rid of the Nakamichi and decided to go back to the old trusty 5.1.2 surround system using Klipsch speakers and Denon receiver. All you can do at this point is contact Nakamichi and ask for Alberto and mention the issue. I would link the video too and explain that there are others with this issue. It seems this is becoming an issue lately for a lot of people.
post #5463 of 5690 Old 12-04-2019, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Why is this soundbar always out of stock? I ordered Nov 21st to pick up from Best Buy today, they sent me an email saying my order is delayed ($999 BF price) and will be cancelled on Jan 3rd if they cannot work it out by then... If they cancel they will not honor $999 price and I will need to order at $1299.99 - horrible thing for Beat Buy to do. When I try and order it for home delivery on the Best Buy site it says I can have it delivered by 12/17, so maybe there is hope to still get it in December. Amazon is fully sold out after their $999 BF price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5464 of 5690 Old 12-05-2019, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBoundSinner View Post
Maverick,
Unfortunately no I did not. I went back and forth with Nakamichi support, primarily Alberto. They kept having me reset the soundbar and re-do HDMI handshaking. They kept saying the subwoofers were fine and not faulty. I noticed that if you hook up HDMI to the TV directly the issue stops, but then the problem is you lose out on Dolby Atmos, etc. It affected a lot of movies that I was watching to the point I got rid of the Nakamichi and decided to go back to the old trusty 5.1.2 surround system using Klipsch speakers and Denon receiver. All you can do at this point is contact Nakamichi and ask for Alberto and mention the issue. I would link the video too and explain that there are others with this issue. It seems this is becoming an issue lately for a lot of people.
I've reached out to Nakamichi support via email with the 2 recordings below. It only happens when playing the Atmos track from the 4K bluray. Playing the 5.1 track on Movies Anywhere does not cause the same issue.

Below are 2 videos while play the rhino/helicopter scene in Jumanji (2017) starting at the 1:16 mark. I've turned off the surrounds and reduced the volume from the center so the subwoofer issue can be heard more clearly. Anyone else have the 4K bluray of Jumanji? If so could you test this scene as well?

post #5465 of 5690 Old 12-05-2019, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick777 View Post
I've reached out to Nakamichi support via email with the 2 recordings below. It only happens when playing the Atmos track from the 4K bluray. Playing the 5.1 track on Movies Anywhere does not cause the same issue.

Below are 2 videos while play the rhino/helicopter scene in Jumanji (2017) starting at the 1:16 mark. I've turned off the surrounds and reduced the volume from the center so the subwoofer issue can be heard more clearly. Anyone else have the 4K bluray of Jumanji? If so could you test this scene as well?

https://youtu.be/GZEoK1ho6NM

https://youtu.be/0YrADE3qfxc
I have that 4k blu ray. No issues for me.

Sony 75xZ9D connected to Panasonic UB820 and Nakamichi Shockwafe 7.1 Pro Atmos
Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sony 75x940e (Returned :-( bad motion blur)
Sony 75x900e, Sony 75x940d, Sony 55x930d, 55x810c, Sony 55x850c (All retired)
post #5466 of 5690 Old 12-05-2019, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just wondering if anyone else is using the Dolby Access App on the Xbox One?

Contacted Dolby support and they asked for my set up and app version/os details but yet to hear back after replying with the details. Considering Atmos seems to work fine with the discs I’ve tried and it only started acting up after the app update, I’m inclined to think it’s an issue with the app, rather than the soundbar. Wish there were a way to roll back the app as I only got to try it briefly before the update.

Other than that, I’ve been quietly impressed with the Nakamichi. Seems to be surprisingly powerful and it’s much clearer than the ancient home theater in a box I’ve used for donkeys years. The subs pack a mighty punch.
My only concerns are odd little glitches, the soundbar starts up fine but keeps setting itself to HDMI 3 (fire stick) after starting on HDMI 2 (Xbox) when I’ve picked Xbox. Might be an issue with the Harmony remote though. There’s also a high pitched noise from the left side of the soundbar but that only seems to be when it’s set to HDMI 3 but it’s very quiet and is imperceptible once content starts playing. Fingers crossed it’s not something that’ll get worse and/or a sign of a larger issue.
post #5467 of 5690 Old 12-06-2019, 03:34 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I just bought the 9.2.4 and have a TCL 6 series tv that does Atmos, which I connect with arc hdmi. I have tested out the Atmos effect watching Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. Sounds good. (For some reason I cannot get/find Atmos from any Netflix videos. They all say 5.1. Is that Atmos? Or does it actually display an "Atmos" badge like it does for Dolby Vision?)

I'm thinking of getting one of those new Nvidia shields and wonder if the Atmos will sound much better than what my tv is able to do. I'll be watching mostly Netflix, amazon prime and Disney plus.
post #5468 of 5690 Old 12-06-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markenstein View Post
(For some reason I cannot get/find Atmos from any Netflix videos. They all say 5.1. Is that Atmos? Or does it actually display an "Atmos" badge like it does for Dolby Vision?).
I seem to remember seeing a film with "Atmos" where it would usually say 5.1, of course sods law that I haven't seen it since.

An update from anyone using the Xbox, turns out the Access App is the issue:
"Microsoft has confirmed there is a Windows miscommunication with the recent Xbox update, and Dolby Atmos is functional despite them.

https://kb.dolby.com/access?anid=a7b...stAnnouncement

Instead of using the Dolby Access app, please use the steps below to enable Dolby Atmos until Microsoft releases a permanent fix:

1) Press your Xbox guide button on your controller and navigate all the way right and Settings.
2) From here, select Display & Sound, then Audio output.
3) Once you’re here you can select Dolby Atmos."

My question now (do they ever end?) is whether Xbox needs the app deleted to work? Whenever I've changed settings, the Xbox has forced me to open the app if I want to enable Atmos.
post #5469 of 5690 Old 12-06-2019, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 19
For some reason I cannot get/find Atmos from any Netflix videos. They all say 5.1. Is that Atmos?

NO

나의 LM-Q815L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
post #5470 of 5690 Old 12-06-2019, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markenstein View Post
I just bought the 9.2.4 and have a TCL 6 series tv that does Atmos, which I connect with arc hdmi. I have tested out the Atmos effect watching Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. Sounds good. (For some reason I cannot get/find Atmos from any Netflix videos. They all say 5.1. Is that Atmos? Or does it actually display an "Atmos" badge like it does for Dolby Vision?)

I'm thinking of getting one of those new Nvidia shields and wonder if the Atmos will sound much better than what my tv is able to do. I'll be watching mostly Netflix, amazon prime and Disney plus.
The Netflix app doesn't support Atmos on every platform. You'll have to research to see if the TCL Netflix app specifically supports it.

Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
post #5471 of 5690 Old 12-06-2019, 10:14 PM

Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit390 View Post
Why does the soundbar weigh so little? Their website lists it at 7.27 lbs. The Samsung 80r soundbar weighs 20 lbs. I can't imagine something that weighs less would be better? Also, I love the idea of dual subs and surround sound speakers, but I don't want to have a lower quality soundbar. Any explanations?
The Samsung does simulated surround using reflections and hence has 13 speakers + 1 sub to cover everything. It does not have discrete rear, side or elevation speakers. The Nakamichi has 4 2-way surround speakers, and the job of the sound bar is mainly to reproduce center channel audio and the front sound field. It does that with 6 speakers and 2 tweeters, quite capably I might add. Ergo, its lighter.

If you are keeping count, the Nakamichi adds up to 16 speakers + 2 subs.

Listen to your ears and not the spec sheet. It is truly unfortunate that the system is not available in big box stores for a test drive.
Vg247 likes this.
post #5472 of 5690 Old 12-06-2019, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nv2017 View Post
The Samsung does simulated surround using reflections and hence has 13 speakers + 1 sub to cover everything. It does not have discrete rear, side or elevation speakers. The Nakamichi has 4 2-way surround speakers, and the job of the sound bar is mainly to reproduce center channel audio and the front sound field. It does that with 6 speakers and 2 tweeters, quite capably I might add. Ergo, its lighter.

If you are keeping count, the Nakamichi adds up to 16 speakers + 2 subs.

Listen to your ears and not the spec sheet. It is truly unfortunate that the system is not available in big box stores for a test drive.
Thanks for this post...I’ve been torn between the a Samsung Q90 soundbar and this set up , but can’t find them anywhere to listen to..
post #5473 of 5690 Old 12-07-2019, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Add me in to the popping/flapping issues =(

[quote=maverick777;58917134]I've reached out to Nakamichi support via email with the 2 recordings below. It only happens when playing the Atmos track from the 4K bluray. Playing the 5.1 track on Movies Anywhere does not cause the same issue.

[quote=Jrodriguez559;58476650]Anyone have this problem....link to video below

Been having this popping/flapping sound through both subs almost unbearable at higher volumes.

Add me to the list and I have the same exact problem. What kind of setup do you guys have? Here is what I have and I got everything brand new for less than a month old.

- Samsung Q80R QLED Smart 4K UHD TV (2019)
- Nvidia Shield Pro 2019
- Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4Ch

Nvidia Shield Pro HDMI Output connects to the Nakamichi Soundbar HDMI 3 port
Nakamichi Soudbar HDMI 1 ARC port connect to he Samsung Q80R HDMI 4 ARC port

I am using the best settings for Samsung TV, Nvidia Shield, and Soundbar from Nakamichi's site. I also did hard reset all the devices and did re-do HDMI handshaking. The problem is on and off and sometime I only get sounds coming out from my Soundbar only and not both rear speakers/subwoofer. The popping/flapping sound will come from any contents I play from Nvidia Shield like Neflex/Disney Plus/Youtube. The soundbar works fine without any problem by playing contents directly from the Samsung TV.
post #5474 of 5690 Old 12-08-2019, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi guys. New to forum and need some help. I just recently got the Naka 7.2 from Amazon. I currently only have a Sony X800 player and a Roku Ultra connected to the sound bar via HDMI. The problem I am having is that when both the Sony player and the Roku are on, and/or I try to change inputs on the Nakamichi to switch from one to the other, it sends the Nakamichi into a tailspin where it keeps switching from one input back to the other every couple of seconds. I can't get it to stop or pick just one input/source. The only way to stop it is to power off or disconnect one of the devices. Sorry if this has been discussed before, as I did not read the entire thread. Any help would be appreciated. I have the Nakamichi connected to my Oled E6p via HDMI also. Thanks guys.
post #5475 of 5690 Old 12-08-2019, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-257 View Post
Hi guys. New to forum and need some help. I just recently got the Naka 7.2 from Amazon. I currently only have a Sony X800 player and a Roku Ultra connected to the sound bar via HDMI. The problem I am having is that when both the Sony player and the Roku are on, and/or I try to change inputs on the Nakamichi to switch from one to the other, it sends the Nakamichi into a tailspin where it keeps switching from one input back to the other every couple of seconds. I can't get it to stop or pick just one input/source. The only way to stop it is to power off or disconnect one of the devices. Sorry if this has been discussed before, as I did not read the entire thread. Any help would be appreciated. I have the Nakamichi connected to my Oled E6p via HDMI also. Thanks guys.
Try to connect hdmi cables while powered on. Im talking about all of them on.

post #5476 of 5690 Old 12-08-2019, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhyena69 View Post
Try to connect hdmi cables while powered on. Im talking about all of them on.

Ok, I tried this. It seems to be working. I even connected my Apple Tv as a third device, and everything seems to be working for now. Thanks for helping out.
post #5477 of 5690 Old 12-08-2019, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnbos View Post
Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2.4 bought from Amazon 23 NOV 2019 firmware 3.3 ("33")

I originally had all HDMI inputs going to soundbar but Roku Ultra caused endless HDCP failure and Sony BD player just made horrible screeching sounds when playing Nakamichi demo disc.

I switched to no Roku because LG has all the streaming apps I needed.

Final answer:

2017 Sony BDPS6700 player HDMI 1 (back) connected to 2019 65" LG C9 TV HDMI 4 input (nothing special about 4)

2019 Nakamichi Shockwafe Ultra 9.2.4 HDMI 1/Arc connected to LG C9 TV HDMI 2/ARC

The LG TV HDMI audio setting are "pass through" and "e-arc"

--Now-- Sony plays Atmos demos on Nakamichi disk. "Atmos Atmos Dolby D Plus" is displayed on sound bar.

Both Netflix and Amazon Prime apps on the TV show "Atmos Vision" on TV, and "Atmos Dolby D Plus" is shown the sound bar

Everything sounds great.

May want to change your review
It is definitely not garbage.....lol
Love mine

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...SIN=B07HHZ94BW
rochoa21 likes this.
post #5478 of 5690 Old 12-08-2019, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicoled View Post
May want to change your review
It is definitely not garbage.....lol
Love mine

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...SIN=B07HHZ94BW
Its completely unreliable when the input to the sound bar changes quickly. For examine quickly flipping thru the channels watching TV will cause the soundbar to either freeze, or go crazy and blast at full volume.

Considering all this thing has to do in my case is play the sound coming in on ARC; that makes it garbage. $1000 garbage.

And while the sound is good, almost all of the posts here concern people that plug the thing in and Font left sound comes out of the surround, No Atmos, No sound, it makes clicking sounds, etc, etc, etc

A soundbar that can't even play sound reliably...
...that's garbage for sure.
DavAbq likes this.

Last edited by jjnbos; 12-08-2019 at 05:17 PM.
post #5479 of 5690 Old 12-08-2019, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hi All,

Where to start.. Over the past 2 months I ready nearly all the pages in this thread.
I then purchased a 9.2.4 but returned and opted for the 7.1.4 (couldn't hide the second subwoofer, and the wife didn't like it on the cabinet.. It was huge..)

I wanted to contribute with the following:

I tested dolby atmos through my TV /arc with both the nakamichi 9.2.4 and the 7.1.4.
I have an Lg C8 65 (2018 model). With my previous soundbar (lg sk10y) I did have dolby atmos through ARC when playing Netflix through the LG TV Netflix app.

The 9.2.4 on the latest firmware did show Dolby Atmos when playing the LG Netflix app.

The 7.1.4 did not.

I know it's strange, but that's what I saw.

Obviously, it's still not "full" Dolby Atmos and the best scenario to play everything is probably the new Nvidia Shield connected to the soundbar directly.. Just wanted to share my findings.

I will go find the optimal setup now!
post #5480 of 5690 Old 12-08-2019, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl-257 View Post
It's a CEC problem. Turn Cec off both on the sony and the roku and then test from there..
post #5481 of 5690 Old 12-09-2019, 08:33 AM

[quote=Ar Kai;58928946][quote=maverick777;58917134]I've reached out to Nakamichi support via email with the 2 recordings below. It only happens when playing the Atmos track from the 4K bluray. Playing the 5.1 track on Movies Anywhere does not cause the same issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrodriguez559 View Post
Anyone have this problem....link to video below

Been having this popping/flapping sound through both subs almost unbearable at higher volumes.

Add me to the list and I have the same exact problem. What kind of setup do you guys have? Here is what I have and I got everything brand new for less than a month old.

- Samsung Q80R QLED Smart 4K UHD TV (2019)
- Nvidia Shield Pro 2019
- Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4Ch

Nvidia Shield Pro HDMI Output connects to the Nakamichi Soundbar HDMI 3 port
Nakamichi Soudbar HDMI 1 ARC port connect to he Samsung Q80R HDMI 4 ARC port

I am using the best settings for Samsung TV, Nvidia Shield, and Soundbar from Nakamichi's site. I also did hard reset all the devices and did re-do HDMI handshaking. The problem is on and off and sometime I only get sounds coming out from my Soundbar only and not both rear speakers/subwoofer. The popping/flapping sound will come from any contents I play from Nvidia Shield like Neflex/Disney Plus/Youtube. The soundbar works fine without any problem by playing contents directly from the Samsung TV.

Well, I was able to fix my issue this weekend. The sound is now working perfectly. On Friday I tested out the following movies and all had the same issue when playing directly from my Sony X700 player.
  • *Jumanji - scene with the rhinos
    *The Matrix - chapter 30 in both Atmos and 5.1
    *Ready Player One - race scene in chapter 2

I noticed while watching Ready Player One that my subwoofers were sporadically losing their connection. The blue light was constant, but would cut in and out randomly. I wasn't sure why this was happening so I try resyincing the subs to the soundbar. That didn't help. I got a constant blue light. But playing the moving it was cut in an out again. I may have stumbled upon the problem by accident the next day.

I think the issue was a loose connection between my surge protector and the outlet. I was messing around with another surge protector and needed to unplug the one that had the subwoofers plug into. After I plugged the surge protector back in, my issues went away. My subs no longer lose their connection and the weird flapping sounds no longer occur. I tries a bunch of movies on Saturday and Sunday and all of them played perfectly.

I have only one remaining issue I have yet to solve. My Sony X700 bluray player will not let me get back to the player menu/settings when using 2 of my HDMI cables. I can play movies just fine, but just can't go to the player menu. The screen just blacks out. Once I hit play again on then the movie resumes. Using a third HDMI cable, I can't get everything working. So it may be a strange problem with 2 of my cables I'm just not sure. The problem is the 2 cables that don't allow me to get to the menu are 25 foot cables that are fished through a wall and through my fireplace to the the TV/soundbar. The third cable that worked is not neatly routed.

So that's my only remaining issue so far that may be unrelated to the soundbar itself. I am glad to have the sound properly working. It's now the upgrade I was hoping for.
post #5482 of 5690 Old 12-09-2019, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubi76 View Post
Hi All,

Where to start.. Over the past 2 months I ready nearly all the pages in this thread.
I then purchased a 9.2.4 but returned and opted for the 7.1.4 (couldn't hide the second subwoofer, and the wife didn't like it on the cabinet.. It was huge..)

I wanted to contribute with the following:

I tested dolby atmos through my TV /arc with both the nakamichi 9.2.4 and the 7.1.4.
I have an Lg C8 65 (2018 model). With my previous soundbar (lg sk10y) I did have dolby atmos through ARC when playing Netflix through the LG TV Netflix app.

The 9.2.4 on the latest firmware did show Dolby Atmos when playing the LG Netflix app.

The 7.1.4 did not.

I know it's strange, but that's what I saw.

Obviously, it's still not "full" Dolby Atmos and the best scenario to play everything is probably the new Nvidia Shield connected to the soundbar directly.. Just wanted to share my findings.

I will go find the optimal setup now!

I have the same exact setup, had the same issue couldn’t hide the 2nd sub. So far the only issue is there is a 2-3 sec sound delay between switching apps. Overall very happy with this setup. I just need more movie time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5483 of 5690 Old 12-09-2019, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4 SSE Sound Help

Hi everyone,

So I grabbed a Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4 SSE and I'm now a bit concerned about sound quality. I was originally going to grab the Samsung Q90R, but this system got such insanely positive reviews. Unfortunately, I'm a bit concerned and I have a few quick questions...

Do I need to update the Naka system to get Dolby Atmos via the LG E7 OLED's apps, because the Dolby Atmos or surround sound IMO isn't coming through as clearly as I had expected if at all outside of the demo & demo disk?

I have my system set up with all devices going through the Naka with the Naka going back to the TV via its HDMI 2 slot ARC connection.
Should I just plug the SB into a regular HDMI connection on the LG? Because again, I hear movement during the demo and the demo disk, but in actual content I've yet to sense any surround sound effects.

Also, if anyone could help with some tested sound settings I would appreciate it. Because I had to settle with using game preset for now for it's clearer, less muddy/hollow bass sound. And what speaker stands are you all using?

Last edited by Johnny Neat; 12-09-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Added Question
post #5484 of 5690 Old 12-10-2019, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Thinking of using this setup in my games room with my LG 65' C9 and the 9.2 Ultra - does the soundbar support eARC? I have the Samsung Q90R in my main lounge but want to try this setup for gaming and watching movies.
post #5485 of 5690 Old 12-11-2019, 07:16 AM

Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Maelstrom View Post
Thinking of using this setup in my games room with my LG 65' C9 and the 9.2 Ultra - does the soundbar support eARC? I have the Samsung Q90R in my main lounge but want to try this setup for gaming and watching movies.
I had the Samsung Q90R in mind before opting for the Naka 7.2.4, but seeing as I am not getting the atmos sound I had hoped for wanted to ask how they compare? Do you think the Sammy does a better sound and atmos to boot?
post #5486 of 5690 Old 12-11-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Neat View Post
I had the Samsung Q90R in mind before opting for the Naka 7.2.4, but seeing as I am not getting the atmos sound I had hoped for wanted to ask how they compare? Do you think the Sammy does a better sound and atmos to boot?
My Naka arrives Friday and I'll probably get it setup over the weekend, as for the Q90R. Absolutely love it, I was going to go with the same in the gamesroom but fancied something different.
I did reach out to Naka - no eARC and no plans to implement in the future - that's a bummer but not a show stopper atm
post #5487 of 5690 Old 12-11-2019, 08:09 AM

Need a Review

Quote:
My Naka arrives Friday and I'll probably get it setup over the weekend, as for the Q90R. Absolutely love it, I was going to go with the same in the gamesroom but fancied something different.
I did reach out to Naka - no eARC and no plans to implement in the future - that's a bummer but not a show stopper atm
Bummer on the eArch. Yes, please give us a run down on a comparison. If things don't pan out for me with the Naka, I'm going back to hunting down a Sammy Q90R. I want atmosphere, I want Atmos darn it.
post #5488 of 5690 Old 12-11-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Neat View Post
Bummer on the eArch. Yes, please give us a run down on a comparison. If things don't pan out for me with the Naka, I'm going back to hunting down a Sammy Q90R. I want atmosphere, I want Atmos darn it.
In the short term I'll be plugging my Atmos sources direct into the Soundbar (Xb1X, PS4 Pro and nVidia Shield) - that way i'll get TrueHD Atmos and DTS-X. Only con to that is loosing VRR and ALM on the XB1X (which only a few games take advantage of)
post #5489 of 5690 Old 12-11-2019, 08:23 AM

True That

Quote:
In the short term I'll be plugging my Atmos sources direct into the Soundbar (Xb1X, PS4 Pro and nVidia Shield) - that way i'll get TrueHD Atmos and DTS-X. Only con to that is loosing VRR and ALM on the XB1X (which only a few games take advantage of)
I think going forward when I can grab a 77" 2020 LG OLED to replace the 65" LG E7 OLED, I'll hook up my game systems directly to the tv for VRR. I play with headsets anyway.

What's ALM, Application lifecycle management?
post #5490 of 5690 Old 12-11-2019, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Does the samsung pass through Dolby Vision?

Sony 55x900e
Sony 55xA1E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
button* , nakamichi shockwafe , nakamichi soundbar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page