Here are my two cents regarding MOVIE watching Settings based on my lessons-learned since purchasing back in December 2019.
- 9.2.4 SSE. w/ 3.3 fw
- Apple TV 4K - set to Naka Manual Specs
- My surrounds layout in the full Hybrid OPTION C3 (all surrounds on their side pointing semi-upwards position) see PG 10 in Manual.
- My Subs are to my sides and slightly forward of my listening position.
- My Room Dimensions are 19 x 17
I caution you to not limit yourself to the "Default" settings or the generic explanations in the Manual . I have found that there are settings that MUST be tweaked for best MOVIE experience:
1. Do not USE any of the DSP Settings...I for example am set to DSP - 0 (off).
2. Change the LFE Crossover...its Default is 185hz...I changed to 110.
3. Set your DIRECT mode to DOLBY SURROUND (this maximizes surround and Elevation Settings)
Preference Settings: (these differ based on user preferences)
4. Center Channel - I have mine at 9 (you will note from, many others that Dialogue tends to be quite low...this compensates but tweak to your liking).
5. SB - 9 (they're pretty far back in my setup) tweak to your liking)
6. SS - 3-4 (if set too high, it will DROWN out center channel IMO)
7. BASS - 5-6 (this system loves Bass...and I do too
8. TRE - 3-4 (this system loves treble...be careful not to have it too high)
9. Set the Dimmer to DIM - 0 (its the brightest setting but turns off after 5 secs) all others stay on full time (very counter-intuitive if i may add)
10. Room Size - MED (my preference regardless of Naka Manual)
11. SSE - SSE 3 (cause I love me sum immersion)
Can't help you with music setup (I don't use my system for that) but hope this helped.