Official Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 and 7.2 dts:x dual subwoofers soundbars thread - Page 191 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1403Likes

post #5701 of 5919 Old 01-31-2020, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nack attack View Post
Thank you CRIOLLO2MIl, that's exactly what my question was implying the only difference is my rear surrounds I will be setting it at a lower setting than you do to my rear surrounds being much closer than that I will try all of your other settings actually as of now I will just start with them once I get it What is the purpose of changing the LFE I'm just curious
BLUF: I want my LFE to be sounds not dialogue of any kind.

The Cross over frequency controls what frequencies "roll-off" onto the LFE Subs...IMO the default setting of 185 is too high...at that setting you will get some Dialogue to roll onto the sub ( a preference thing but most folk dont like that).

and to me...it also balances the tones in the room better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5702 of 5919 Old 01-31-2020, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Thank you very much for the education and advice
CRIOLLO2MIl likes this.
post #5703 of 5919 Old 01-31-2020, 10:14 AM

Sorry I do have another question what are the DSP settings and why is it good not to use it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5704 of 5919 Old 01-31-2020, 10:15 AM

[quote=Ar Kai;58928946][quote=maverick777;58917134]I've reached out to Nakamichi support via email with the 2 recordings below. It only happens when playing the Atmos track from the 4K bluray. Playing the 5.1 track on Movies Anywhere does not cause the same issue.

Below are 2 videos while play the rhino/helicopter scene in Jumanji (2017) starting at the 1:16 mark. I've turned off the surrounds and reduced the volume from the center so the subwoofer issue can be heard more clearly. Anyone else have the 4K bluray of Jumanji? If so could you test this scene as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrodriguez559 View Post
Anyone have this problem....link to video below

Been having this popping/flapping sound through both subs almost unbearable at higher volumes.

Add me to the list and I have the same exact problem. What kind of setup do you guys have? Here is what I have and I got everything brand new for less than a month old.

- Samsung Q80R QLED Smart 4K UHD TV (2019)
- Nvidia Shield Pro 2019
- Nakamichi Shockwafe Elite 7.2.4Ch

Nvidia Shield Pro HDMI Output connects to the Nakamichi Soundbar HDMI 3 port
Nakamichi Soudbar HDMI 1 ARC port connect to he Samsung Q80R HDMI 4 ARC port

I am using the best settings for Samsung TV, Nvidia Shield, and Soundbar from Nakamichi's site. I also did hard reset all the devices and did re-do HDMI handshaking. The problem is on and off and sometime I only get sounds coming out from my Soundbar only and not both rear speakers/subwoofer. The popping/flapping sound will come from any contents I play from Nvidia Shield like Neflex/Disney Plus/Youtube. The soundbar works fine without any problem by playing contents directly from the Samsung TV.
did you ever get any help? correction to this? im experience same situation...cant find any concrete solution.
post #5705 of 5919 Old 01-31-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Sorry I do have another question what are the DSP settings and why is it good not to use it
DSP are basically PRESETS. Naka formatted Equalizer settings (MOVIE, SPORTS, ETC...).

they're OK for TV watching I guess...but SUCK A$$ for true ATMOS MOVIE Experience.
post #5706 of 5919 Old 01-31-2020, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
[quote=CRIOLLO2MIl;59179864][quote=Ar Kai;58928946]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick777 View Post
I've reached out to Nakamichi support via email with the 2 recordings below. It only happens when playing the Atmos track from the 4K bluray. Playing the 5.1 track on Movies Anywhere does not cause the same issue.

Below are 2 videos while play the rhino/helicopter scene in Jumanji (2017) starting at the 1:16 mark. I've turned off the surrounds and reduced the volume from the center so the subwoofer issue can be heard more clearly. Anyone else have the 4K bluray of Jumanji? If so could you test this scene as well?

did you ever get any help? correction to this? im experience same situation...cant find any concrete solution.
Yes. This was resolved but I'm not entirely sure what I did to fix it. Here are the 2 things I tried that may be the reason it was fixed.
  • Repaired the subs to the soundbar
  • Plugged and unplugged the subs/speakers on accident because I was messing with the surge protector they were plugged into. I think this was what accidentally fixed my issue. I don't thin the surge protector was securely plug into the outlet in my floor underneath my couch. I think this was the case because the blue lights on the subs would occasionally flicker which coincided with the surround speakers losing their connections on and off, but not fully disconnect from the soundbar.

The weird sound issue has not reoccured since I plugged the surge protector in more securely. The connection has remained stable.

Now the only occassional issue I have is related to the HDMI cables I'm using to connect everything. It's not an issue with the soundbar itself. I know the issue is the cables because I used the one that came with the soundbar and the issues go away. I can't easily repalce the cables because of how they're routed through my fireplace, but one day I'll get around to it.
post #5707 of 5919 Old 01-31-2020, 11:11 AM

Thank you for your response here's a question within this Forum. I see that you're able to quote someone with their question before you answer I don't see an option for that here on my cell phone how do you put a quote in before you answer someone
post #5708 of 5919 Old 01-31-2020, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Thank you for your response here's a question within this Forum. I see that you're able to quote someone with their question before you answer I don't see an option for that here on my cell phone how do you put a quote in before you answer someone
Click the little box on their comment, upper right of comment. You’ll see a checkmark ✔️ and more options top of screen, click the “ and you’ll quote them.
post #5709 of 5919 Old 01-31-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dhereicome View Post
Quote:
Click the little box on their comment, upper right of comment. You’ll see a checkmark ✔️ and more options top of screen, click the “ and you’ll quote them.

Thank you
post #5710 of 5919 Old 02-01-2020, 07:01 AM

Liked: 11
Hello all,
I have a Sony x900f. I use the internal apps for Netflix and Disney plus and Hulu. I also have a PS4 pro hooked via arc to my Nakamichi. I have not yet updated my sound bar to be able to do Dolby Atmos. Is this something I should do? Is there any reason why I should not do the firmware update? Thanks!
post #5711 of 5919 Old 02-01-2020, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all,

I ran into a technical problem with the Nakamichi Shockwave 7.2.4 sound bar system. The model of my TV is LG OLED65C9PUA which supports both ARC and eARC. The first time I hooked up the systems, it was working flawlessly. However, it stopped working last week for no apparent reason. There is no sound from the TV to the sound bar and no picture from the sound bar to the TV. I have tried everything I found on Nakamichi website to reset the sound bar and to reset the TV. I did soft reset and hard reset countless times with no results.

I made sure all the settings on the TV were set correctly but it seems that the handshake between the sound bar and the TV couldn't be established. I unhooked all devices (Apple TV and Xbox One S) from the sound bar during the tests. The firmware of the sound bar is FW3.3. I tested the TV HDMI (ARC) port with other devices and it worked without problem. When I connected the TV to the sound bar using optical, the sound played fine on the sound bar.

I also tried different hi speed HDMI cables with no luck. Did anyone else run into the same problems? Do you think reinstalling the firmware will help? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
post #5712 of 5919 Old 02-01-2020, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmitchell View Post
Hello all,
I have a Sony x900f. I use the internal apps for Netflix and Disney plus and Hulu. I also have a PS4 pro hooked via arc to my Nakamichi. I have not yet updated my sound bar to be able to do Dolby Atmos. Is this something I should do? Is there any reason why I should not do the firmware update? Thanks!
I have the same equipment pretty much. I have a non-Pro PS4 though. I have updated to the 3.3 firmware and everything works great. I would see no reason not to update.
post #5713 of 5919 Old 02-01-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toan Chi View Post
Hi all,

I ran into a technical problem with the Nakamichi Shockwave 7.2.4 sound bar system. The model of my TV is LG OLED65C9PUA which supports both ARC and eARC. The first time I hooked up the systems, it was working flawlessly. However, it stopped working last week for no apparent reason. There is no sound from the TV to the sound bar and no picture from the sound bar to the TV. I have tried everything I found on Nakamichi website to reset the sound bar and to reset the TV. I did soft reset and hard reset countless times with no results.

I made sure all the settings on the TV were set correctly but it seems that the handshake between the sound bar and the TV couldn't be established. I unhooked all devices (Apple TV and Xbox One S) from the sound bar during the tests. The firmware of the sound bar is FW3.3. I tested the TV HDMI (ARC) port with other devices and it worked without problem. When I connected the TV to the sound bar using optical, the sound played fine on the sound bar.

I also tried different hi speed HDMI cables with no luck. Did anyone else run into the same problems? Do you think reinstalling the firmware will help? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I would contact Nakamichi support. It sounds like your HDMI board may have gone bad. You've tried the reset procedure and it hasn't worked, so I think tech support is the next logical step.
post #5714 of 5919 Old 02-01-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet763 View Post
Quote:
Hello all,
I have the same equipment pretty much. I have a non-Pro PS4 though. I have updated to the 3.3 firmware and everything works great. I would see no reason not to update.
Thanks. I think I’ll give it a try. Everything is working so well right now, but I imagine more content will start offering Atmos. Would I need to spring for the updated remote to control the Atmos settings?
post #5715 of 5919 Old 02-01-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I think I’ll give it a try. Everything is working so well right now, but I imagine more content will start offering Atmos. Would I need to spring for the updated remote to control the Atmos settings?
Nope. I have a Harmony One that I use, but the original remote controls everything just fine.
post #5716 of 5919 Old 02-01-2020, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I would contact Nakamichi support. It sounds like your HDMI board may have gone bad. You've tried the reset procedure and it hasn't worked, so I think tech support is the next logical step.
Thanks for the response. I'm doing that now and will respond if they have a solution that works.
post #5717 of 5919 Old 02-01-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks. I think I’️ll give it a try. Everything is working so well right now, but I imagine more content will start offering Atmos. Would I need to spring for the updated remote to control the Atmos settings?
Nope. I have a Harmony One that I use, but the original remote controls everything just fine.
Thanks again!
silverbullet763 likes this.
post #5718 of 5919 Old 02-03-2020, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIOLLO2MIl View Post
Here are my two cents regarding MOVIE watching Settings based on my lessons-learned since purchasing back in December 2019.

My Setup:

- 9.2.4 SSE. w/ 3.3 fw
- Apple TV 4K - set to Naka Manual Specs
- My surrounds layout in the full Hybrid OPTION C3 (all surrounds on their side pointing semi-upwards position) see PG 10 in Manual.
- My Subs are to my sides and slightly forward of my listening position.
- My Room Dimensions are 19 x 17

I caution you to not limit yourself to the "Default" settings or the generic explanations in the Manual . I have found that there are settings that MUST be tweaked for best MOVIE experience:

General Settings:
1. Do not USE any of the DSP Settings...I for example am set to DSP - 0 (off).
2. Change the LFE Crossover...its Default is 185hz...I changed to 110.
3. Set your DIRECT mode to DOLBY SURROUND (this maximizes surround and Elevation Settings)

Preference Settings: (these differ based on user preferences)

4. Center Channel - I have mine at 9 (you will note from, many others that Dialogue tends to be quite low...this compensates but tweak to your liking).
5. SB - 9 (they're pretty far back in my setup) tweak to your liking)
6. SS - 3-4 (if set too high, it will DROWN out center channel IMO)
7. BASS - 5-6 (this system loves Bass...and I do too
8. TRE - 3-4 (this system loves treble...be careful not to have it too high)
9. Set the Dimmer to DIM - 0 (its the brightest setting but turns off after 5 secs) all others stay on full time (very counter-intuitive if i may add)
10. Room Size - MED (my preference regardless of Naka Manual)
11. SSE - SSE 3 (cause I love me sum immersion)

Can't help you with music setup (I don't use my system for that) but hope this helped.
Thanks for sharing.
I have the 7.2.4 setup, but I will change some of my settings to match yours for review in my space.
Thanks again.
post #5719 of 5919 Old 02-03-2020, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone encountered no sound when you visually see something that should make sound? What i mean for instance Is was watching John Wick 3 and sometimes when zoomed onto an actor or what not youll see an action but no direct sound for it. Ill hear the the rear or even the surL&R but nothing for whats on screen. Its not speech either. The center channel is fine. I noticed it more yesterday while watching the superbowl. I assume it was from commercials going from 5.1 to 7. I have Atmos going and everything else is fine. Any help if i made any sense would be appreciated.
post #5720 of 5919 Old 02-04-2020, 05:40 AM

I have some questions

What is DRC? THE Choices are off, DRC 50 and DRC 100 and what is the best setting

What is SSE? and the best settings

What is PURE Direct and what is the best settings the choices are stereo, pure direct, native and neutral x

Thank you
post #5721 of 5919 Old 02-05-2020, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
I have some questions

What is DRC? THE Choices are off, DRC 50 and DRC 100 and what is the best setting

What is SSE? and the best settings

What is PURE Direct and what is the best settings the choices are stereo, pure direct, native and neutral x

Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Neat View Post
Thanks for sharing.
I have the 7.2.4 setup, but I will change some of my settings to match yours for review in my space.
Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIOLLO2MIl View Post
Here are my two cents regarding MOVIE watching Settings based on my lessons-learned since purchasing back in December 2019.

My Setup:

- 9.2.4 SSE. w/ 3.3 fw
- Apple TV 4K - set to Naka Manual Specs
- My surrounds layout in the full Hybrid OPTION C3 (all surrounds on their side pointing semi-upwards position) see PG 10 in Manual.
- My Subs are to my sides and slightly forward of my listening position.
- My Room Dimensions are 19 x 17

I caution you to not limit yourself to the "Default" settings or the generic explanations in the Manual . I have found that there are settings that MUST be tweaked for best MOVIE experience:

General Settings:
1. Do not USE any of the DSP Settings...I for example am set to DSP - 0 (off).
2. Change the LFE Crossover...its Default is 185hz...I changed to 110.
3. Set your DIRECT mode to DOLBY SURROUND (this maximizes surround and Elevation Settings)

Preference Settings: (these differ based on user preferences)

4. Center Channel - I have mine at 9 (you will note from, many others that Dialogue tends to be quite low...this compensates but tweak to your liking).
5. SB - 9 (they're pretty far back in my setup) tweak to your liking)
6. SS - 3-4 (if set too high, it will DROWN out center channel IMO)
7. BASS - 5-6 (this system loves Bass...and I do too
8. TRE - 3-4 (this system loves treble...be careful not to have it too high)
9. Set the Dimmer to DIM - 0 (its the brightest setting but turns off after 5 secs) all others stay on full time (very counter-intuitive if i may add)
10. Room Size - MED (my preference regardless of Naka Manual)
11. SSE - SSE 3 (cause I love me sum immersion)

Can't help you with music setup (I don't use my system for that) but hope this helped.
Interesting you're getting good bass at 5-6. I literally have mine at 8-9 otherwise there's no bass at all, and I have to crank the master volume to 25-30 before you feel any rumble. Are you getting rumble at 5-6?
post #5722 of 5919 Old 02-05-2020, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay50 View Post
Interesting you're getting good bass at 5-6. I literally have mine at 8-9 otherwise there's no bass at all, and I have to crank the master volume to 25-30 before you feel any rumble. Are you getting rumble at 5-6?
My 7.2 is also running very similar settings. At bass 6, especially on Atmos, my whole bedroom rumbles. I generally have my volume at 20 or 22.
post #5723 of 5919 Old 02-07-2020, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Does anyone have issues with Roku Streaming Stick plugged into this soundbar? I am wondering if the Roku remote is not working reliably because of interference from the soundbar communication to the sub?
post #5724 of 5919 Old 02-08-2020, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Bay View Post
My 7.2 is also running very similar settings. At bass 6, especially on Atmos, my whole bedroom rumbles. I generally have my volume at 20 or 22.
I'm jealous! I don't know if its my Xbox1X limiting the bass or what. I've tried other source devices and its even worse. Nak has no answers. The highs sounds incredible though.
post #5725 of 5919 Old 02-08-2020, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Anyone having trouble with there systems and streaming on Nvidia Shield Pro/AT4k? I cant stream anything from Vudu, Netflix, or Disney+. Keep getting error codes and on AT4K it plays but no video. Also vudu shows SD only on Nvidia.
post #5726 of 5919 Old 02-09-2020, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Anyone having trouble with there systems and streaming on Nvidia Shield Pro/AT4k? I cant stream anything from Vudu, Netflix, or Disney+. Keep getting error codes and on AT4K it plays but no video. Also vudu shows SD only on Nvidia.
Nvidia Shield 2019 (the tube thingey)

- Netflix: works fine, including UHD, HDR and Atmos
- Disney+: works fine, including UHD, HDR. Atmos has never worked on Shield, I think this is a problem with Disney+ not supporting it.
- Vudu: I can't seem to get HD or UHD either! It was a month ago when I checked and I was able to get UHD, HDR and Atmos on Shield. Not sure what happened!

https://forum.vudu.com/forum/vudu/ge...-nvidia-shield

ATV 4K: No issues with any of the said apps.
post #5727 of 5919 Old 02-09-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Bay View Post
Quote:
Nvidia Shield 2019 (the tube thingey)

- Netflix: works fine, including UHD, HDR and Atmos
- Disney+: works fine, including UHD, HDR. Atmos has never worked on Shield, I think this is a problem with Disney+ not supporting it.
- Vudu: I can't seem to get HD or UHD either! It was a month ago when I checked and I was able to get UHD, HDR and Atmos on Shield. Not sure what happened!

https://forum.vudu.com/forum/vudu/ge...-nvidia-shield

ATV 4K: No issues with any of the said apps.
Thanks for the reply yea i just got my soundbar back from Nakamichi it was at there facility for 2 months being tested. So yesterday i finally got it back hooked everything up directly to the soundbar and nothing seems to work correctly, but if i connect directly to TV HDMI everything goes back to normal and works over ARC. I will contact Nakamichi tomorrow and see what i can do or if theres any issues they know of.
post #5728 of 5919 Old 02-09-2020, 08:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi All,
Looking for some help here.

SETUP
Xbox one x -> Nakamichi shockwave pro 7.1 (upgraded and verified FW33) -> Vizio M65

Issue - Xbox one doesn’t play anything - no streaming media’s, no games.
Just shows no signal on the TV.

I have 12 bit color depth selected on the Xbox. 12 bit (and 10 bit) color depth at least show me the Xbox menu. If I select 8 bit, I can’t even see the menu. In the video options of Xbox one x, all checkboxes are ticked.

I have checked the cable by directly connecting the Xbox one x to the tv and everything works fine.
post #5729 of 5919 Old 02-09-2020, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Is anyone having issues with a Roku Streaming Stick+ plugged into their sound bar? I am having issues with the Roku remote button pushes being recognized unless I put the remote on top of the streaming stick.....
post #5730 of 5919 Old 02-10-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFern View Post
Is anyone having issues with a Roku Streaming Stick+ plugged into their sound bar? I am having issues with the Roku remote button pushes being recognized unless I put the remote on top of the streaming stick.....
Not sure if you have one but try an HDMI extender cable, maybe the soundbar has some interference with the remote since its behind it. Just a suggestion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
button* , nakamichi shockwafe , nakamichi soundbar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page