Official Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 and 7.2 dts:x dual subwoofers soundbars thread - Page 193 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1397Likes

post #5761 of 5884 Old 02-19-2020, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
I love how everyone blames nakamichi for cec issues. It has absolutely nothing to do with the sound bar.
Probably because it is Nakamichi fault in some cases...Same exact TV with a Yamaha receiver works 0 issues with cec. Switch to soundbar and run into annoying issue. Some of it has to do with Nakamichi not letting you choose what the default input should be at startup (it likes to switch to ARC when you have cec -opt enabled in the soundbar setting). Nakamichi says to turn that off if you do not want it to switch inputs, which I turn off and then the soundbar no longer turns on with the tv (it does turn off). Turn that setting back on and soundbar turns on with TV. Whatever they are doing with that setting messes up my experience. If I could just keep that setting on AND set default input to hdmi2, then my cec experience would be complete. As of right now, I just keep it off and have to use a sideclick for my roku to turn soundbar on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5762 of 5884 Old 02-19-2020, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Soundbar stopped working after a year

Hello,

I have owned the soundbar for a year now. It has been working perfectly until this morning where no video was being shown on my TV from the soundbar.  Also there is no sound from any input.

I tried hard and soft resetting several times, checked the hdmi cables, tried new cables, switched inputs etc but the soundbar doesn't seem to accept input from my blu ray player or my fire stick.

Both of those devices work when plugged directly into the tv w/o going thru the sound bar so this confirms the streaming devices and tv and cables work.

If i press the demo button on the soundbar i can hear the test sounds on all speakers from the soundbar.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
post #5763 of 5884 Old 02-19-2020, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheetahAce View Post
Hello,

I have owned the soundbar for a year now. It has been working perfectly until this morning where no video was being shown on my TV from the soundbar.  Also there is no sound from any input.

I tried hard and soft resetting several times, checked the hdmi cables, tried new cables, switched inputs etc but the soundbar doesn't seem to accept input from my blu ray player or my fire stick.

Both of those devices work when plugged directly into the tv w/o going thru the sound bar so this confirms the streaming devices and tv and cables work.

If i press the demo button on the soundbar i can hear the test sounds on all speakers from the soundbar.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
I had the exact same issue 3-months into using Nakamichi. Only Demo mode would work. Nakamichi replaced the central soundbar and then things started working again. You should speak with Alberto from support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5764 of 5884 Old 02-19-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Bay View Post
I had the exact same issue 3-months into using Nakamichi. Only Demo mode would work. Nakamichi replaced the central soundbar and then things started working again. You should speak with Alberto from support.
Thanks very much for the reply. I'll try contacting him.

Does he have a direct address or is it just [email protected] ?

I will post back with the outcome.
In The Bay likes this.
post #5765 of 5884 Old 02-19-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheetahAce View Post
Thanks very much for the reply. I'll try contacting him.

Does he have a direct address or is it just [email protected] ?

I will post back with the outcome.
I have generally had better luck reaching them via their facebook direct message:

https://www.facebook.com/nakamichiusa/
CheetahAce likes this.
post #5766 of 5884 Old 02-19-2020, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Bay View Post
I have generally had better luck reaching them via their facebook direct message:

https://www.facebook.com/nakamichiusa/
Gotcha. Thanks.
post #5767 of 5884 Old 02-21-2020, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua goard View Post
No...it's a live with it situation. Nakamich support site explains this delay if you care to read it.
Is this the delay that I should be hearing: whenever I am playing Hulu with commercials...when I start a new show it plays for like 2 seconds, and then cuts out for 2 seconds. After the is plays good until I hit a commercial. It then plays the commercial for 2 seconds and cuts out for 2 seconds. It happens like this everytime I get to a commercial, or it returns to the show I am watching. It is consistent. And then on Netflix when I scroll through the shows, (you know how it plays a short preview). This cut out happens on each one of those previews too. Consistent everytime. This is on a Roku Ultra connected to HDMI 3 on the Soundbar. FireCube TV plays perfectly on everything I throw at it cept for voice sync issues.

But then at times, it works perfectly. I think if I would just let the Roku sit still for 30 or so seconds, when I hear the "click" whenever I hit the remote buttons...that is a sign that the audio will work perfectly.

Hope this all makes sense

Last edited by beeson76; 02-21-2020 at 08:19 PM.
post #5768 of 5884 Old 02-21-2020, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1468 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeson76 View Post
Is this the delay that I should be hearing: whenever I am playing Hulu with commercials...when I start a new show it plays for like 2 seconds, and then cuts out for 2 seconds. After the is plays good until I hit a commercial. It then plays the commercial for 2 seconds and cuts out for 2 seconds. It happens like this everytime I get to a commercial, or it returns to the show I am watching. It is consistent. And then on Netflix when I scroll through the shows, (you know how it plays a short preview). This cut out happens on each one of those previews too. Consistent everytime. This is on a Roku Ultra connected to HDMI 3 on the Soundbar. FireCube TV plays perfectly on everything I throw at it cept for voice sync issues.

But then at times, it works perfectly. I think if I would just let the Roku sit still for 30 or so seconds, when I hear the "click" whenever I hit the remote buttons...that is a sign that the audio will work perfectly.

Hope this all makes sense
The change of audio format causes the delay, when you go from show to commercial you typically change from Dolby to PCM...when the audio format changes it causes a delay

Sony 75xZ9D connected to Panasonic UB820
Sony 65xZ9D (Living room)
Sony 65xA9F (Bedroom)
Sony 75x940e (Returned :-( bad motion blur)
Sony 75x900e, Sony 75x940d, Sony 55x930d, 55x810c, Sony 55x850c (All retired)
post #5769 of 5884 Old 02-22-2020, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Has anyone had their 9.2 just randomly turn off in the middle of using it? Mine has turned off a few times while playing Xbox One X games. The Xbox is connected directly to the soundbar. I have to turn it back on and everything works again. It's very random.

65C8P l 65B6P l P55-C1 l Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 & Elite 7.2 l XB1 X l PS4 Pro l Switch
post #5770 of 5884 Old 02-22-2020, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
Has anyone had their 9.2 just randomly turn off in the middle of using it? Mine has turned off a few times while playing Xbox One X games. The Xbox is connected directly to the soundbar. I have to turn it back on and everything works again. It's very random.
turn off the eco mode

나의 LM-Q815L 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄
post #5771 of 5884 Old 02-23-2020, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I just recently purchased a refurbished Nakamichi ShockwafePro 7.1.4 Dobly Atmos SSE soundbar. I have been very pleased with it so far, including the design, features, and intuitive manual.

At the moment, I am only using the soundbar and subwoofer and won't be able to mount and install the two satellite speakers for a while. I would still like to take advantage of soundbar as much as possible and for watching 4k UHD and blu rays.

Given the numerous soundbar sound settings, I am looking at recommended or preferred settings for the soundbar. This includes such features as the Direct DTS / Dolby or Stereo settings, Surround Speaker, or channel volumes.

Also, my current room is about 14' x 14'. Are there any preferred settings to ensure it is adjusted to the room properly?

I currently have a Sony UBP-700 4k UHD player and a DirecTV DVR hooked up to it via HDMI.
post #5772 of 5884 Old 02-24-2020, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua goard View Post
The change of audio format causes the delay, when you go from show to commercial you typically change from Dolby to PCM...when the audio format changes it causes a delay
I understand this, but the audio doesn't change formats. It is pegged on PCM for both Hulu shows and commercials. I have been in contact with Nakamichi support and they are calling it a "phenomenon" It is also happening on Netflix. When you go to a show, it has a short 20 second or so preview. It also happens on that previews. Consistently the same time into the preview/show/commercial and consistent delay time too.

I am still in contact with them, so if I get any answers I will try to keep the forum updated. May be just a problem with my setup....I have no idea

Just mainly curious if others have experienced it and if they found a solution.

Thanks
post #5773 of 5884 Old 02-24-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeson76 View Post
I understand this, but the audio doesn't change formats. It is pegged on PCM for both Hulu shows and commercials. I have been in contact with Nakamichi support and they are calling it a "phenomenon" It is also happening on Netflix. When you go to a show, it has a short 20 second or so preview. It also happens on that previews. Consistently the same time into the preview/show/commercial and consistent delay time too.

I am still in contact with them, so if I get any answers I will try to keep the forum updated. May be just a problem with my setup....I have no idea

Just mainly curious if others have experienced it and if they found a solution.

Thanks
Yup, I noticed it too... On Netflix previews, which are all in PCM format, when I click to go from one movie to another, first few seconds of the preview is lost, though both are PCM. This does not happen on my Samsung Q90R.

That said, I do not see any major or bothersome delays when I fast forward a movie or a show. Yes, Nakamichi probably takes more time to output sound than say Q90R, but it is not too bothersome. In the case of Netflix previews, the delay does seem very pronounced. I had not paid attention to it so far...
post #5774 of 5884 Old 02-27-2020, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone help me figure out if my unit is broke please? I just purchased the Pro 7.1 for the bedroom and I can't get HDMI to work.

Basically my setup is a Vizio dx50, the Nakamichi sound bar and my Xbox One X. I realize the Vizio is a lower end 4k, HDR set but it's just for the bedroom and works fine. It does have ARC (which the Nakamichi recommends). So this shouldn't be an issue with the tv not supporting HDMI from a sound bar right?

When I run an HDMI cord from the Nakamichi to the TV and plug my Xbox into the sound bar itself (this is the recommended way) I get nothing. No audio, no video, nothing. It doesn't matter what input I put the sound bar or the TV on. Nothing happens.

I can however plug my Xbox into the TV like I did before and run an optical cord from TV to sound bar and everything will work fine. This is not the best way though because optical doesn't support the higher end audio the sound bar is capable of though right? Not to mention even if it did perform just as well with Optical as it does with HDMI I'd still be upset. I mean if you pay for something you want it all to work lol.

So yeah, any suggestions? I've tried everything I can think of. I did the Nakamichi recommendation of resetting the HDMI ports and all that jazz. I've tried different HDMI cords and no matter what I do I just cannot get the TV to display anything or the sound bar to produce any sound when trying to use HDMI.

Thank you all!

*edit*
Literally right on this same page I see someone else had this problem. Looks like they had to get the bar itself replaced. I guess I'll try and contact Nakamichi also. Sorry for the long post, I shouldn't have been lazy and read more on here.

Last edited by RobisConfused; 02-27-2020 at 04:46 PM.
post #5775 of 5884 Old 03-03-2020, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just a video update of what issue i have right now any help appreciated.

https://youtu.be/tJNKoqAZbKg
post #5776 of 5884 Old 03-03-2020, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Wow, so many pages. Read many of them but still have a few questions.

I have both the 7.1.4 Pro and the 9.2.4 Ultra sitting in my living room, still boxed up because I'm trying to make a decision so I can return the other one.

Basic question because I'm a bit lost. How is the 9.2.4 not a 7.2.4 system (and the 7.2.4 not a 5.2.4 for that matter)? 9.2 comes with center, L and R speakers in the bar, two surrounds, and two back. That's 7 speakers (ignoring the subs and atmos for the moment). I feel like I'm missing something. I'm looking at my Blu-ray collection and 7.1 Atmos is the best I have (Mad Max and some others). Again, lost.

I have a 14' x 14' room, open wall on one end. Not ideal, but it is what it is for now. Any recommendations for the Pro compared to the Ultra? I know the physical differences, 1 8" sub vs. 2 10" subs as well as two additional speakers with the Ultra. There is about a $600 difference in cost, is it really going to sound like a $600 step up? That is a big difference in price. I don't mind paying the extra for the Ultra, but want to make sure I'm not throwing money away by owning the bigger system "just because."

If it helps at all, I have a 14' x 14' room, with the reclining love seat against the wall. With the Ultra, I thought about mounting the two rears on either side of the love seat in the horizontal position (hybrid 2 setting in their book), that way they are as far back as possible, and then mounting the two sides to the wall directed at the sweet spot on the love seat. That sounds reasonable to me, but wanted to hear some thoughts before I start drilling brackets into my wall.

Thank you.

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-LX303 (5.2.4 configuration)
Speakers: Main-Polk S60, Center-Polk S35, Surrounds Polk S15, Subs Polk HTS 12" Atmos Polk OMW3
Video: Samsung 65NU8000 Flat 65" 4K UHD 8 Series Smart LED TV (2018)
Use: Theater and Gaming
post #5777 of 5884 Old 03-03-2020, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by RQuinton79 View Post
Wow, so many pages. Read many of them but still have a few questions.

I have both the 7.1.4 Pro and the 9.2.4 Ultra sitting in my living room, still boxed up because I'm trying to make a decision so I can return the other one.

Basic question because I'm a bit lost. How is the 9.2.4 not a 7.2.4 system (and the 7.2.4 not a 5.2.4 for that matter)? 9.2 comes with center, L and R speakers in the bar, two surrounds, and two back. That's 7 speakers (ignoring the subs and atmos for the moment). I feel like I'm missing something. I'm looking at my Blu-ray collection and 7.1 Atmos is the best I have (Mad Max and some others). Again, lost.

I have a 14' x 14' room, open wall on one end. Not ideal, but it is what it is for now. Any recommendations for the Pro compared to the Ultra? I know the physical differences, 1 8" sub vs. 2 10" subs as well as two additional speakers with the Ultra. There is about a $600 difference in cost, is it really going to sound like a $600 step up? That is a big difference in price. I don't mind paying the extra for the Ultra, but want to make sure I'm not throwing money away by owning the bigger system "just because."

If it helps at all, I have a 14' x 14' room, with the reclining love seat against the wall. With the Ultra, I thought about mounting the two rears on either side of the love seat in the horizontal position (hybrid 2 setting in their book), that way they are as far back as possible, and then mounting the two sides to the wall directed at the sweet spot on the love seat. That sounds reasonable to me, but wanted to hear some thoughts before I start drilling brackets into my wall.

Thank you.

9.2.4 all the way. My room is about like yours and I have the subs slightly forward of the couch with the side surrounds directly to the left and right of the couch at ear level. The Back surrounds I have mounted behind the couch but firing upward at the ceiling. Really helps to bring atmos alive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sony XBR 900F
LG C9 OLED
LG C7 OLED
post #5778 of 5884 Old 03-04-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
9.2.4 all the way. My room is about like yours and I have the subs slightly forward of the couch with the side surrounds directly to the left and right of the couch at ear level. The Back surrounds I have mounted behind the couch but firing upward at the ceiling. Really helps to bring atmos alive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Can you explain why? Biggest concern is price difference, I want to make sure my extra dollars for the Ultra are worth it. $750 for the Pro is a MASSIVE step up from TV speakers. Is $1350 for the Ultra going to sound that much better? The biggest selling point for me at the moment for the Ultra is it is going to last longer, tech wise, and thus will require fewer upgrades in the long run.

I hooked up the Ultra last night and I can tell I definitely need time to tweak settings and placement of speakers, but overall sound was great while watching Lord of the Rings. I did notice one subwoofer was working much better than the other, is this something that needs/can be adjusted with the remote?

If I just unplug the surrounds from the Ultra and leave the rear channels plugged in, would this simulate the 7.2.4 or do I need to unbox and complete a separate setup to hear the difference between the 7 and the 9?

Sorry for the picky questions, but the answers are a big help.
Thank you.
post #5779 of 5884 Old 03-10-2020, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobisConfused View Post
Can someone help me figure out if my unit is broke please? I just purchased the Pro 7.1 for the bedroom and I can't get HDMI to work.

Basically my setup is a Vizio dx50, the Nakamichi sound bar and my Xbox One X. I realize the Vizio is a lower end 4k, HDR set but it's just for the bedroom and works fine. It does have ARC (which the Nakamichi recommends). So this shouldn't be an issue with the tv not supporting HDMI from a sound bar right?

When I run an HDMI cord from the Nakamichi to the TV and plug my Xbox into the sound bar itself (this is the recommended way) I get nothing. No audio, no video, nothing. It doesn't matter what input I put the sound bar or the TV on. Nothing happens.

I can however plug my Xbox into the TV like I did before and run an optical cord from TV to sound bar and everything will work fine. This is not the best way though because optical doesn't support the higher end audio the sound bar is capable of though right? Not to mention even if it did perform just as well with Optical as it does with HDMI I'd still be upset. I mean if you pay for something you want it all to work lol.

So yeah, any suggestions? I've tried everything I can think of. I did the Nakamichi recommendation of resetting the HDMI ports and all that jazz. I've tried different HDMI cords and no matter what I do I just cannot get the TV to display anything or the sound bar to produce any sound when trying to use HDMI.

Thank you all!

*edit*
Literally right on this same page I see someone else had this problem. Looks like they had to get the bar itself replaced. I guess I'll try and contact Nakamichi also. Sorry for the long post, I shouldn't have been lazy and read more on here.
I have the same but 9.2.4 config. Had similar problems with getting 4k to do a proper handshake. First thing...did you turn on UHD on your Vizio? If not, that would be a problem! Vizio: Menu > Input Settings > Nakamichi (Vizio should recognize Nak if you have your Vizio connected to the internet) > UHD (turn this on). Make sure you're using HDMI 2.0 cables or you won't getting any 4k. Lastly, will take multiple handshakes to get it to register. I would also disconnect the power cord from the xbox to "clear the cache" (10 secs).

The only issue I have is not getting full performance bass like everyone else is getting. Still trying to solve that. I have to put the subs at level 9 to get any rumbling at all, otherwise they sound super weak.
post #5780 of 5884 Old 03-20-2020, 09:27 AM

I’m beyond frustrated with this thing. As posted above I’ve got the pro version. The first soundbar just would not work with HDMI and my tv. To their credit they sent me another soundbar and it does work with HDMI.

Now though I have a few other issues. One the sub knocks and farts pretty often. Simply using YouTube and moving the video selected will make it knock and fart. Maybe something is just loose and I can fix that myself. I can deal with that.

What I cannot deal with is now the soundbar just cuts in and out at random. It will stay on but all audio will just go away. I’ve noticed the thing gets hot as all get out so maybe that’s the issue I don’t know.

Regardless this is a post in frustration and I’ll just say this. When the thing works it really does sound absolutely amazing for a soundbar. With that said if your in the market now I wouldn’t purchase one as I’ve had nothing but problems. I wish I would have waited for the new JBL soundbar that is coming out with rear speakers and atmos capability.
post #5781 of 5884 Old 03-20-2020, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
I’m beyond frustrated with this thing. As posted above I’ve got the pro version. The first soundbar just would not work with HDMI and my tv. To their credit they sent me another soundbar and it does work with HDMI.

Now though I have a few other issues. One the sub knocks and farts pretty often. Simply using YouTube and moving the video selected will make it knock and fart. Maybe something is just loose and I can fix that myself. I can deal with that.

What I cannot deal with is now the soundbar just cuts in and out at random. It will stay on but all audio will just go away. I’ve noticed the thing gets hot as all get out so maybe that’s the issue I don’t know.

Regardless this is a post in frustration and I’ll just say this. When the thing works it really does sound absolutely amazing for a soundbar. With that said if your in the market now I wouldn’t purchase one as I’ve had nothing but problems. I wish I would have waited for the new JBL soundbar that is coming out with rear speakers and atmos capability.
Do you have the Atmos version?
post #5782 of 5884 Old 03-22-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicoled View Post
Quote:

Do you have the Atmos version?
I do have the atmos version. Is there an issue with that version that causes the cutting in and out of audio?
post #5783 of 5884 Old 03-22-2020, 11:01 PM

Quote:
I do have the atmos version. Is there an issue with that version that causes the cutting in and out of audio?
Mine doesn't cut out. What TV are you using and what is the source for Youtube? Try to email their support and ask for Alberto, he is very knowledgeable.
post #5784 of 5884 Old 03-23-2020, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicoled View Post
Quote:
Mine doesn't cut out. What TV are you using and what is the source for Youtube? Try to email their support and ask for Alberto, he is very knowledgeable.
I’m using a Sony 950g for the tv and my source is an Xbox one X. It didn’t cut out last night while watching a blu ray. I have the Xbox set to let blu rays let the soundbar decode the audio. However if I watch Netflix or play games it will do the audio cut off and on. Maybe it’s something the Xbox is doing I don’t know.
post #5785 of 5884 Old 03-23-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
I’m using a Sony 950g for the tv and my source is an Xbox one X. It didn’t cut out last night while watching a blu ray. I have the Xbox set to let blu rays let the soundbar decode the audio. However if I watch Netflix or play games it will do the audio cut off and on. Maybe it’s something the Xbox is doing I don’t know.
Only thing I can suggest is to double check your audio and more importantly your video settings....could be a bandwidth issue if you set color depth or something too high
https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.com/xbox-one-x-audio
https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.com/xbox-one-x-video
post #5786 of 5884 Old 03-23-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
It is always frustrating when things don't 'just work.' I feel your pain, however, I think I might have the answer and it is specifically because you mentioned Blu-ray vs. Netflix.

[EDIT] Can't post a direct link because I do not have enough posts. Still, type in Nakamichi Wifi Interference into Google and it should pop up with instructions on how to fix the problem.

Your Blu-ray (XBox One) does not need a wireless signal to play video, but Netflix does, and I am going to GUESS that while playing games you are online in some capacity, even if just connected to XBox Live. Changing your router settings should completely get rid of the speaker disconnects. For me, I have everything hardwired with network cables (not an option for everyone) to my XBox and other accessories and that cleared up problems I had with a previous sound system. I made sure my router, for the few wireless devices I do have, was not on the same wavelink as the Nakamichi. Try it, and hopefully all your problems go away so you can just enjoy the system and not fight it.
post #5787 of 5884 Old 03-23-2020, 12:20 PM

Here is the link: https://www.helpdesk.nakamichi-usa.c...dio-distortion

Receiver: Pioneer VSX-LX303 (5.2.4 configuration)
Speakers: Main-Polk S60, Center-Polk S35, Surrounds Polk S15, Subs Polk HTS 12" Atmos Polk OMW3
Video: Samsung 65NU8000 Flat 65" 4K UHD 8 Series Smart LED TV (2018)
Use: Theater and Gaming
post #5788 of 5884 Old 03-24-2020, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RQuinton79 View Post
Thank you for the info!

I tried changing my router settings. I ended up just completely stopping my router from using 5ghz WiFi. Unfortunately this hasn’t helped the problem. I still get sound cuts and garbled audio at times.

It looks like Xbox uses some kind of “Mat” decoder for Atmos and I guess it’s possible this is why I’m having issues. Apparently multiple people with multiple devices experience issues when things use the mat decoder.

I’m just going to assume this is the issue. I am of course still talking to nakamichi support they are being very helpful.

Oh yeah one final note. I did check all of Xbox settings and they are on exactly what nakamichi recommends. The only thing I haven’t changed it putting the Xbox to output 8 bit video as opposed to 10 bit. I just don’t want to do that. The whole point of expensive TVs is to get the best picture quality anyways. Also I googled and I found an article that says 10 bit actually uses less bandwidth then 8bit due to some compression. I’m not sure how that works but if it’s correct I don’t see how changing from 10 bit to 8 bit would help anyway.
post #5789 of 5884 Old 03-25-2020, 12:10 PM

Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
What I'm hoping is a simple question for the experts around here.

I've got a Shield TV connected to my HDMI 2. I'm generally using Kodi with the occasional Netflix. In general, the system works like a dream (apart from CEC weirdness, but you know). However, I've got one annoying problem and I don't know if it's just something to live with, or if it can be fixed.

Basically, any time audio kicks in (I'm assuming it's a codec change) I get ~4-5 seconds of silence while the system decides what the audio format is, DOLBY appears on the Naka display, and then the audio starts. It's a livable situation, obviously, but it is kind of annoying having missing the first few seconds of audio on everything I play.

Is this something that can be fixed?

I have the same issue..I am pretty sure its the Kodi settings I am using. I recently changed my Kodi audio settings and that's when it started. I haven't had a chance yet to go back and play with them. Just thought this would be a good place for you to start. I am far from a Kodi settings expert; only thing I can advise is to do what I do; Google for help with Kodi audio settings. There are lots of good sites and YouTube videos.
post #5790 of 5884 Old 03-25-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Scheuer View Post
I have the same issue..I am pretty sure its the Kodi settings I am using. I recently changed my Kodi audio settings and that's when it started. I haven't had a chance yet to go back and play with them. Just thought this would be a good place for you to start. I am far from a Kodi settings expert; only thing I can advise is to do what I do; Google for help with Kodi audio settings. There are lots of good sites and YouTube videos.
This also happens when I use Plex and sometimes when starting my PS4 Pro. Incidentally, I haven't noticed it on the XBox One, but my XBox also takes longer to boot, so that may be enough time for the Nakamichi to kick in. Usually the sound only has an issue when I fast forward or rewind when watching movies. If I just start normally, I have no problem. Fast forward/rewind creates a few second sound loss every time. Nothing out of sync, just a silence. Annoying, but not something of a deal breaker for me. Using Plex on my Ipad has no issues, which leads me to believe my Plex server is working as intended but it is the Nakamichi that is a bit slow on the uptake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
button* , nakamichi shockwafe , nakamichi soundbar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page