Official Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 and 7.2 dts:x dual subwoofers soundbars thread - Page 198 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1403Likes

post #5911 of 5923 Old 06-28-2020, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 187
I created a private owners group on Facebook. This is not a buy/sell group. It is for discussion/help and for showing off your stuff the link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/7197...455/?ref=share

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
atfree likes this.

Sony XBR 900F
LG C9 OLED
LG C7 OLED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5912 of 5923 Old 06-29-2020, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don’t know if anyone else has had this issue but lately the sound has intermittently become muffled like static/distortion. Particularly with dialog. A quick cycle through Native/Upmix/Surround fixes it, I’m just concerned it might be a precursor of a more serious issue.
post #5913 of 5923 Old 06-29-2020, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainodo View Post
I don’t know if anyone else has had this issue but lately the sound has intermittently become muffled like static/distortion. Particularly with dialog. A quick cycle through Native/Upmix/Surround fixes it, I’m just concerned it might be a precursor of a more serious issue.
Have you tried doing a soft reset of the soundbar? What content are you playing and which media device is it coming from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5914 of 5923 Old 06-29-2020, 07:17 PM

I’ve tried both a soft and hard reset. Not sure the hard reset took, strangely. Xbox One and Firestick, various apps. Problem usually starts with some garbled/distorted dialogue from the rears and then the center (7.2 system). Cycling through the native, upmix, etc fixes it.
I also tried changing the 5G channel on the wifi but no difference.
May try another hard reset to see if it’ll take.
Hoping it’s not something more serious and just an odd foible like having to change inputs and back to get audio on Plex (only on the content not the menus and only on the Xbox One app, oddly).
It also has the odd habit of always switching from HDMI 2 to HDMI 3 (Firestick) whenever I choose Xbox One (HDMI 2) no matter how many times I reprogram my Harmony remote.
Not dealbreakers or anything, everything else is great.
post #5915 of 5923 Old 06-29-2020, 08:18 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
I’ve tried both a soft and hard reset. Not sure the hard reset took, strangely. Xbox One and Firestick, various apps. Problem usually starts with some garbled/distorted dialogue from the rears and then the center (7.2 system). Cycling through the native, upmix, etc fixes it.
I also tried changing the 5G channel on the wifi but no difference.
May try another hard reset to see if it’ll take.
Hoping it’s not something more serious and just an odd foible like having to change inputs and back to get audio on Plex (only on the content not the menus and only on the Xbox One app, oddly).
It also has the odd habit of always switching from HDMI 2 to HDMI 3 (Firestick) whenever I choose Xbox One (HDMI 2) no matter how many times I reprogram my Harmony remote.
Quote:
Are you mainly experiencing the issues on Plex? Or other apps as well? At least for Xbox, there's been quite a lot of users experiencing audio cut outs especially with Plex.
https://forums.plex.tv/t/xbox-one-au...ing-out/352644
https://forums.plex.tv/t/xbox-one-x-...formats/238954
https://forums.plex.tv/t/dolby-atmos...ing-out/225641

Quote:
You might want to turn off CEC-OTP (one touch play) to prevent auto-switching between HDMI sources.
post #5916 of 5923 Old 06-30-2020, 12:04 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I have a lg c9 and a nakamichi shockwafe ultra 9.2ch dts. I was wondering do you guys have the Xbox connected via hdmi 2.1 port directly from the TV or do you have it connected to the Nakamichi Soundbar.

If I connect it directly to the TV I get VRR and allm. I also get all the sound as dolby atmos dd plus

If I connect it to the soundbar I get dolby atmos mat but I lose the VRR and allm features.

What do you recommend I do for my setup?

Would the results be the same when the Xbox Series X console is released?

Thanks!
post #5917 of 5923 Old 06-30-2020, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofchristopher View Post
[
Are you mainly experiencing the issues on Plex? Or other apps as well? At least for Xbox, there's been quite a lot of users experiencing audio cut outs especially with Plex.

You might want to turn off CEC-OTP (one touch play) to prevent auto-switching between HDMI sources.
Netflix is the main culprit (as we watch that disproportionately more than others) but some other apps too. If it happens, it’s usually after a decent amount of time of watching something.
I’ll try the OTP suggestion, thanks.
post #5918 of 5923 Old 07-02-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I’ll try the OTP suggestion, thanks.
Unfortunately, turning off CEC means I can’t control the Firestick with the Harmony. Hopefully, turning off the power sync on the LGTV but leaving the CEC will help somehow.
I’ve done a hard reset (again), not sure whether it took but hoping that fixes some/any other issues.
post #5919 of 5923 Old 07-02-2020, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Unfortunately, turning off CEC means I can’t control the Firestick with the Harmony. Hopefully, turning off the power sync on the LGTV but leaving the CEC will help somehow.
I’ve done a hard reset (again), not sure whether it took but hoping that fixes some/any other issues.

I’ve got a Sony TV and 6 boxes of one sort or another. Got HDMI-CEC on for TV and Naka so I can use ARC. Makes for an interesting power up when I turn things on with the Harmony, most often just power up and then changing which box a couple times for it to all settle down to where it is supposed to be.

IMO, HDMI-CEC is just a royal PITA when you have lots of devices. I say that because in my bedroom with a Samsung TV, Samsung soundbar and AppleTV all just comes up as it should with no twiddling.

Lloyd
post #5920 of 5923 Old Yesterday, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Is there any place that I can sell or trade in my nakamichi sound bar for the new earc model that is coming out?
post #5921 of 5923 Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taker13 View Post
Is there any place that I can sell or trade in my nakamichi sound bar for the new earc model that is coming out?
A new Naka sound bar is coming out?
What? When? Deets please!

85X950G / SHOCKWAFE 9.2 / Apple TV 4K / One X / PS4 Pro
post #5922 of 5923 Old Yesterday, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taker13 View Post

Where did you get this info , could you please share some details on the new model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5923 of 5923 Old Today, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, do you recommend to get nakamichi 9.2.4 refurbished from nakamichi eBay account ? price is $999 + shipping
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
button* , nakamichi shockwafe , nakamichi soundbar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page