Official Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 and 7.2 dts:x dual subwoofers soundbars thread - Page 44 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1337Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1291 of 5352 Old 10-13-2018, 08:05 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Apple TV 4k is supposed to have Atmos support in Netflix as well.
ari821 likes this.
Solar Seawolf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1292 of 5352 Old 10-14-2018, 07:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I have a Shockwafe Pro DTS:X. I am struggling between buying blu-rays of movies of 4k of movies. And had a few questions.



Does this bar decode Dolby TrueHD 7.1? Because if it doesn't I should probably save the $10 more a 4k costs and get the blu-ray with DTS-HD MA 7.1. Picture wise my TV does a pretty good job with blu-rays. I know it has some neural x, but is that for Dolby TrueHD 7.1 and does it make up for lack of a DTS codec on the 4k disc? I just don't know what version of disc to buy based on this system.



Is it worth it to buy any DTS:X sound videos with this 7.1? I'm looking at Lone Survivor, 3:10 to Yuma. Will it sound better? I'm assuming DTS:X refers to 10 channels where as my 7.1 doesn't have that many so I'm wondering if sound wise it would even be better.



The new Ant-Man and Wasp is supposed to look pretty good in 4k, the 4k has the Dolby TrueHD 7.1, whereas the blu-ray has DTSHDMA 7.1
warpigdave is offline  
post #1293 of 5352 Old 10-14-2018, 08:04 AM
Senior Member
 
PlasmaHiDef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Seawolf View Post
Apple TV 4k is supposed to have Atmos support in Netflix as well.
@ari821 It does
ari821 likes this.

LG OLED55B8PUA
LG OLED65C7P
LG UBK90
ATV 4K
Samsung HW-N950
PlasmaHiDef is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1294 of 5352 Old 10-14-2018, 10:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I m eagerly waiting for the Atmos firmware.Its a peculiar situation since Naka never officially promised the firmware , so not even sure when will it come and how long it might take


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ari821 is offline  
post #1295 of 5352 Old 10-15-2018, 11:42 AM
Senior Member
 
pete6737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
This week I got a new 7.2 shockwafe. I had researched a lot and decided this was what I needed. Previously I had a massive 5.1 surround system with 5 floorstanding B&W speakers and 15 inch sub. I sold all of it for turning my room into a high end 2 channel tube system. While I kept the projector and used the system as audio for the occasional movie, I did not like burning hours off my tubes to watch hockey or tv so I decided on this system.

It is unobtrusive enough and after the firmware update, I’m pleased with the sound. It’s not anything like my old system but it is definitely a reasonably satisfying sound for tv and sports. I played a Blu-ray and streamed a movie through the system and I was happy with the sound. It does seem that every source I used, directv, Blu-ray Disc, appletv all set through the oppo bdp103, I noticed they all sound different.

The system benefited from some tweaking with the settings. Once I got the idea on how the remote cycles through the settings, I made quick work of the adjustments.

Overall I’m pleased. Thanks to all who’ve given input to assist me in my decision and setup.
leojj25, Micarina and ari821 like this.
pete6737 is offline  
post #1296 of 5352 Old 10-15-2018, 12:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Mind sharing the settings you settled down on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6737 View Post
This week I got a new 7.2 shockwafe. I had researched a lot and decided this was what I needed. Previously I had a massive 5.1 surround system with 5 floorstanding B&W speakers and 15 inch sub. I sold all of it for turning my room into a high end 2 channel tube system. While I kept the projector and used the system as audio for the occasional movie, I did not like burning hours off my tubes to watch hockey or tv so I decided on this system.

It is unobtrusive enough and after the firmware update, I’m pleased with the sound. It’s not anything like my old system but it is definitely a reasonably satisfying sound for tv and sports. I played a Blu-ray and streamed a movie through the system and I was happy with the sound. It does seem that every source I used, directv, Blu-ray Disc, appletv all set through the oppo bdp103, I noticed they all sound different.

The system benefited from some tweaking with the settings. Once I got the idea on how the remote cycles through the settings, I made quick work of the adjustments.

Overall I’m pleased. Thanks to all who’ve given input to assist me in my decision and setup.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
nadavar is offline  
post #1297 of 5352 Old 10-15-2018, 03:39 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHiDef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Seawolf View Post
Apple TV 4k is supposed to have Atmos support in Netflix as well.
@ari821 It does
What's the power consumption? 5-10 watts?
Solar Seawolf is offline  
post #1298 of 5352 Old 10-15-2018, 03:41 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ari821 View Post
I m eagerly waiting for the Atmos firmware.Its a peculiar situation since Naka never officially promised the firmware , so not even sure when will it come and how long it might take


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope they add eARC support as well.
ari821 likes this.
Solar Seawolf is offline  
post #1299 of 5352 Old 10-15-2018, 07:18 PM
Senior Member
 
PlasmaHiDef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Seawolf View Post
What's the power consumption? 5-10 watts?
To be honest, I have never checked to see how many watts the ATV4K uses. I am sure it is listed on the Apple website.

LG OLED55B8PUA
LG OLED65C7P
LG UBK90
ATV 4K
Samsung HW-N950
PlasmaHiDef is offline  
post #1300 of 5352 Old 10-15-2018, 07:45 PM
Senior Member
 
atfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boiling Springs, South Carolina USA
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHiDef View Post
To be honest, I have never checked to see how many watts the ATV4K uses. I am sure it is listed on the Apple website.
Here's the info....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...VPQEx6fwRiiyDu

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Vizio M50-E1 (2017)
LG UBK90 UHD Blu-Ray Player
Nakamichi 7.1 Pro DTS:X Soundbar
Directv Genie
atfree is offline  
post #1301 of 5352 Old 10-15-2018, 08:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Official Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 and 7.2 dts:x dual subwoofers soundbars thread

Did anyone by any chance contact naka support last week regarding the Atmos firmware update, anyone with any news on the press release date


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ari821 is offline  
post #1302 of 5352 Old 10-16-2018, 05:47 AM
Senior Member
 
atfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boiling Springs, South Carolina USA
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ari821 View Post
Did anyone by any chance contact naka support last week regarding the Atmos firmware update, anyone with any news on the press release date


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not last week, but week before last I contacted them and they said a "big press release" would be coming "in the next few weeks" regarding Atmos and other things. I would think it's coming soon....
ari821 likes this.

Vizio M50-E1 (2017)
LG UBK90 UHD Blu-Ray Player
Nakamichi 7.1 Pro DTS:X Soundbar
Directv Genie
atfree is offline  
post #1303 of 5352 Old 10-16-2018, 07:21 PM
Member
 
Mike Ratledge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Seawolf View Post
I hope they add eARC support as well.
I don't see how that is possible since it requires a hardware update.

By the way, their prices went back up $100 for the 9.2 Ultra on both Amazon and eBay yesterday, so I predict we will be seeing something really soon now, since the OP that I did about it said early November release. We're under two weeks to November, so it seems that they would post details now, but I suppose they might wait until it is actually available? Hard to say, both / either make(s) sense.
ari821 likes this.
Mike Ratledge is offline  
post #1304 of 5352 Old 10-17-2018, 07:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Seawolf View Post
I hope they add eARC support as well.

I don’t have much idea about the eARC.If you don’t mind could you please explain ,how adding eArc to the soundbar will help. Won’t it be better if it’s part of the TV instead?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ari821 is offline  
post #1305 of 5352 Old 10-17-2018, 07:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ratledge View Post
I don't see how that is possible since it requires a hardware update.

By the way, their prices went back up $100 for the 9.2 Ultra on both Amazon and eBay yesterday, so I predict we will be seeing something really soon now, since the OP that I did about it said early November release. We're under two weeks to November, so it seems that they would post details now, but I suppose they might wait until it is actually available? Hard to say, both / either make(s) sense.


First, they have to get the licenses.Not sure if they have already got them. I don’t think they will do any press release prior to getting licenses. I am also eagerly waiting. Hope it comes soon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ari821 is offline  
post #1306 of 5352 Old 10-18-2018, 09:00 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ari821 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Seawolf View Post
I hope they add eARC support as well.

I don’t have much idea about the eARC.If you don’t mind could you please explain ,how adding eArc to the soundbar will help. Won’t it be better if it’s part of the TV instead?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eArc supports better decoding of audio. It can decode less compressed audio. It's the next step in audio performance. I believe it's supposed to be released alongside HDMI 2.1. Currently no displays support these options though.
arystiol is offline  
post #1307 of 5352 Old 10-20-2018, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
PlanetAVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin TX USA
Posts: 3,280
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2091 Post(s)
Liked: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by ari821 View Post
I don’t have much idea about the eARC.If you don’t mind could you please explain ,how adding eArc to the soundbar will help. Won’t it be better if it’s part of the TV instead?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by arystiol View Post
eArc supports better decoding of audio. It can decode less compressed audio. It's the next step in audio performance. I believe it's supposed to be released alongside HDMI 2.1. Currently no displays support these options though.
Both the TV and the soundbar/AVR will need to support eARC in order for the enhanced audio to be obtained. eARC will provide lossless ATMOS vs the lossy DD+ version of ATMOS.
PlanetAVS is online now  
post #1308 of 5352 Old 10-20-2018, 09:42 PM
Senior Member
 
pete6737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadavar View Post
Mind sharing the settings you settled down on?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Hi
I just saw this....sorry for the delayed reply


DSP (EQ) OFF

Volume

Bass Level 1

Center Level -1

Treble Level 0

Surround Left & Right channel levels Left 1 Right -1

Surround Back Left & Right channel levels NA

Channel Mapping , Native,

Stereo Mode ( OFF Stereo)

Dynamic Range Control ( OFF)

ECO ( OFF)

Subwoofer Cross-Over ( 140Hz, STill playing around with this setting )

Firmware Version 21

Update:
I streamed Jigsaw...Not the greatest movie ever, but my wife wanted to see it....I found myself toggling between MOVIE and DSP OFF....Some parts sounded better with the settings changed, but I ended on DSP OFF...

I plan on spending more time with some of the settings...I have the center turned to its lowest setting but it's still a tad louder than the L&R....adjusting the subs is dependent on the source...some blurays sound good at one setting, regular DirecTV needs some adjustments....

Overall it's a great little system....Pete
kidujp, Micarina and nadavar like this.
pete6737 is offline  
post #1309 of 5352 Old 10-22-2018, 06:31 PM
Newbie
 
Praag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: NJ
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hey All - I just bought the 7.2 Elite model and thoroughly love it. I have a couple questions. I have the ATV 4K. With tvOS 12 update, you are supposed to see 'Atmospheric audio' option under 'Audio'. Can someone confirm they have the option post update? The only option I have is Best available (which defaults to M-CH-PCM) and then when I choose to make a selection I only see 'Dolby Digital 5.1' and 'Stereo'
Many thanks in advance!
leojj25 likes this.
Praag is offline  
post #1310 of 5352 Old 10-24-2018, 01:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praag View Post
Hey All - I just bought the 7.2 Elite model and thoroughly love it. I have a couple questions. I have the ATV 4K. With tvOS 12 update, you are supposed to see 'Atmospheric audio' option under 'Audio'. Can someone confirm they have the option post update? The only option I have is Best available (which defaults to M-CH-PCM) and then when I choose to make a selection I only see 'Dolby Digital 5.1' and 'Stereo'
Many thanks in advance!
If you referring the post update as the Atmos update, yes it should be available as it support Dolby Atmos 'Atmospheric audio'. right now you can stick with Dolby Digital 5.1 first. Looks like apple need some time to get his iTunes movie updated with Atmos audio. Not all Atmos movies are outputting Atmos right now somehow.
Micarina is offline  
post #1311 of 5352 Old 10-24-2018, 01:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praag View Post
Hey All - I just bought the 7.2 Elite model and thoroughly love it. I have a couple questions. I have the ATV 4K. With tvOS 12 update, you are supposed to see 'Atmospheric audio' option under 'Audio'. Can someone confirm they have the option post update? The only option I have is Best available (which defaults to M-CH-PCM) and then when I choose to make a selection I only see 'Dolby Digital 5.1' and 'Stereo'
Many thanks in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
Both the TV and the soundbar/AVR will need to support eARC in order for the enhanced audio to be obtained. eARC will provide lossless ATMOS vs the lossy DD+ version of ATMOS.
on spec, eARC supports lossless audio format like dolby truehd and dts hd. it also support multi channel PCM instead of PCM 2.0 as for ARC current standard. However, like what you mentioned, both ends need to provide eARC support and it supposed to be featured in HDMI 2.1 standard only.
Micarina is offline  
post #1312 of 5352 Old 10-24-2018, 01:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Seawolf View Post
I hope they add eARC support as well.
I think this is very unlikely. It requires hardware change instead of just a firmware update. However, you will need to find TV to support that as well. I personally don't think the TV makers will adopt to this standard really soon as it doesn't benefit them much. For the built in streaming app, they mostly provide Dolby Digital plus (Netflix, amazon prime video, hbo go) and it is already possible with current ARC.

meanwhile, you can connect all devices to soundbar directly without the need of eARC. so don't think it is a must for years to come.
Micarina is offline  
post #1313 of 5352 Old 10-24-2018, 01:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Seawolf View Post
Apple TV 4k is supposed to have Atmos support in Netflix as well.
ya supposed they said. it makes sense to support Netflix with Atmos on both ATV 4k and amazon fire tv cube which both hardware support Dolby Atmos.
Micarina is offline  
post #1314 of 5352 Old 10-24-2018, 01:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpigdave View Post
Does this bar decode Dolby TrueHD 7.1? Because if it doesn't I should probably save the $10 more a 4k costs and get the blu-ray with DTS-HD MA 7.1. Picture wise my TV does a pretty good job with blu-rays. I know it has some neural x, but is that for Dolby TrueHD 7.1 and does it make up for lack of a DTS codec on the 4k disc? I just don't know what version of disc to buy based on this system.
This bar doesn't directly decode trueHD but you can use either use your player to decode into multi channel PCM or recode into Dolby Digital. both work well with neural X upmixing. I guess the real question here is do you need 4K video quality for your screen. It does make a significant difference in my perspective. I think it worth to invest $10 more for it. And some said we have Atmos firmware coming our way which it allows dolby trueHD direct decoding : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpigdave View Post
Is it worth it to buy any DTS:X sound videos with this 7.1? I'm looking at Lone Survivor, 3:10 to Yuma. Will it sound better? I'm assuming DTS:X refers to 10 channels where as my 7.1 doesn't have that many so I'm wondering if sound wise it would even be better.
Oh man, you should really try to get the lone survivor in DTSX. I have the disc and I'm extremely pleased with the sound. more details and more natural as it should sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpigdave View Post
The new Ant-Man and Wasp is supposed to look pretty good in 4k, the 4k has the Dolby TrueHD 7.1, whereas the blu-ray has DTSHDMA 7.1
I have the non 4k version and I think it is kind of average. not the fan of the movie. Thor Ragnarok does have better picture quality in 4K but the audio mastering is not quite there.
Micarina is offline  
post #1315 of 5352 Old 10-24-2018, 01:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertczek View Post
So I'm still not completely satisfied with this soundbar. My father's system sounds SOOOO much better and he has the "older" firmware. I did upgrade my firmware and told him not to do it after I did mine. It's just not getting near the same bass that his is and you can't turn the volume on his past 45 without the whole house shaking.... Mine is well into 50 and 60s and not the same depth from the subs.. And I know the volume curve is different but I don't like it.

Anyway to go back to the old firmware?!

Those that did upgrade what are your sound settings? I have to have the bass @ 8 to get near what I'm looking for
So your father has the older firmware which you have the newer one? did you update to the latest one they posted recently on website? The audio improved in terms of loudness adjustment. I think you could try it out on that too.

otherwise, you can try contacting Nak support to ask for older firmware to roll back the firmware version to the previous version and see how it goes.
Micarina is offline  
post #1316 of 5352 Old 10-24-2018, 06:18 AM
Senior Member
 
PlasmaHiDef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micarina View Post
I think this is very unlikely. It requires hardware change instead of just a firmware update. However, you will need to find TV to support that as well. I personally don't think the TV makers will adopt to this standard really soon as it doesn't benefit them much. For the built in streaming app, they mostly provide Dolby Digital plus (Netflix, amazon prime video, hbo go) and it is already possible with current ARC.

meanwhile, you can connect all devices to soundbar directly without the need of eARC. so don't think it is a must for years to come.
Take this with a grain of salt, but someone posted this on another thread:

"E-arc doesn't necessarily require new hardware; Denon is adding it to 2017 receivers (x4400h for example) via firmware at some point as well as their latest receivers."

Let's hope he/she is right....

LG OLED55B8PUA
LG OLED65C7P
LG UBK90
ATV 4K
Samsung HW-N950
PlasmaHiDef is offline  
post #1317 of 5352 Old 10-24-2018, 07:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHiDef View Post
Take this with a grain of salt, but someone posted this on another thread:

"E-arc doesn't necessarily require new hardware; Denon is adding it to 2017 receivers (x4400h for example) via firmware at some point as well as their latest receivers."

Let's hope he/she is right....
Quoted from Denon support site: (https://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/an...-compatibility)
"At same timing (1st half 2018), we will issue a firmware update for the following HDMI 2.0 compliant models to achieve eARC compatibility:

AVR-X3400H, AVR-X4400H, AVR-X6400H, AVC-X8500H

Note that new hardware is required for eARC. Therefore, older AV receivers cannot be updated to receive eARC feature. On the other hand, all Denon AV receivers featuring eARC will be backward compatible to ARC."

Guess he/she is right. didn't know that until you pointed it out. that's good to know : )
Micarina is offline  
post #1318 of 5352 Old 10-24-2018, 07:48 AM
Senior Member
 
PlasmaHiDef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 494
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micarina View Post
Quoted from Denon support site: (https://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/an...-compatibility)
"At same timing (1st half 2018), we will issue a firmware update for the following HDMI 2.0 compliant models to achieve eARC compatibility:

AVR-X3400H, AVR-X4400H, AVR-X6400H, AVC-X8500H

Note that new hardware is required for eARC. Therefore, older AV receivers cannot be updated to receive eARC feature. On the other hand, all Denon AV receivers featuring eARC will be backward compatible to ARC."

Guess he/she is right. didn't know that until you pointed it out. that's good to know : )
The info you posted did say that older AV receivers cannot be updated to receive eARC feature so I guess it depends on what is considered "old."

LG OLED55B8PUA
LG OLED65C7P
LG UBK90
ATV 4K
Samsung HW-N950
PlasmaHiDef is offline  
post #1319 of 5352 Old 10-25-2018, 06:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 433
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHiDef View Post
The info you posted did say that older AV receivers cannot be updated to receive eARC feature so I guess it depends on what is considered "old."
ya technically the eARC only available on HDMI 2.1 but they said it is firmware upgradeable on receivers with HDMI 2.0. I wonder how can this possible. Will be interesting to find out.
Micarina is offline  
post #1320 of 5352 Old 10-25-2018, 07:32 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Finally pulled the trigger today, bought the 9.2 refurbished one, with ebay 10% code. Post the coupon code here if anyone is interested, only valid today: PICKUPTEN.
I guess the next question is which one should I get to fully experience DTS:X (and Dolby Atmos in the future if they update the firmware) from Netflix for example. Should I get Roku ultra, Chrome cast, NVIDIA Shield, or Apple TV?
Thanks!
[email protected] is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Soundbars

Tags
button* , nakamichi shockwafe , nakamichi soundbar

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off