Official Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 and 7.2 dts:x dual subwoofers soundbars thread - Page 66 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1323Likes

post #1951 of 5278 Old 12-17-2018, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just ordered my 9.2.

It better be as good as all you guys claim. ;P
atfree likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1952 of 5278 Old 12-17-2018, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojr74 View Post
This problem is only with Vizio? So you are saying all sound bars and a Viz TV will do the same?

No. What I am saying is, in particular, this year's P series has CEC issues, and every firmware release has been focused on resolving them. Some devices have no issues, while others do. Granted, CEC is rather janky to begin with, and I can't speak to what may or may not be going on with other manufactures' TVs.
post #1953 of 5278 Old 12-17-2018, 10:27 AM

Question for you folks. I have a Pro 7.1 DTS:X, and I've been fighting with it for a month trying to make dialog even reasonably audible. I've already taken the usual steps of updating the firmware, resetting the device, checking night mode settings, and cranking up the center channel. The only resolution I've been able to find is using DSP settings, but I was wondering if there might be some trick or setting I am missing that might fix this? It happens with both Dolby and DTS signals, and I haven't had this issue with previous soundbars. I'm thinking I am probably missing something obvious here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1954 of 5278 Old 12-17-2018, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovelite View Post
For anyone interested, you can add speakers in the rear (parallel or series with some easy wiring, just not discreet channels) and you can change out the stock speakers. Just playing around this weekend, I swapped in Vizio surrounds, onkyo bookshelf speakers, and Pioneer atmos/upfiring.

Results:
Vizio surrounds were the loudest, much louder than the stock, and actually sounded really good with this setup. They are also very small and discreet compared to the stock which is nice if you think the stock are an eye sore. The highs sounded crisper but produced almost no mid or low.. not really an issue since they sit next to the subs and you have crossover control

Onkyo bookshelf were noticeably quieter than the Vizios and didn’t have the highs of the vizio or stock, but produced a much warmer sound. A better two way or three way bookshelf with built in crossover might be a good option. Also something with high sensitivity for higher volume.

While the sense of immersion was relatively the same between the first two, the atmos modules actually filled the room and I could hear the sound above me, similar to how the K950 performed. However, this was height from a surround channel which won’t work in every scene. With rain, it sounds amazing... same with echo from a voice in a theater. However, when a plane flies behind and not above you, sound will still come from above. It also highlights the lack of upfiring from the front. It becomes very noticeable that the source of height is behind you. Depending on how well the SSE works with standard 2-way speakers, one option that could improve its performance would be to replace the rears in a 7.2 with atmos bookshelf speakers with a built in crossover. For the 9.2, using one of the hybrid elevation configurations with atmos speakers could be an improvement.

I will say that all the speakers, in my opinion, sounded better than the stock. When I single out my stock surrounds in any demo, the rears tend to sound noisy. All others I tried produced a cleaner/clearer sound.
Were you just using a Pioneer add on atmos speaker?

Also, what atmos bookshelf speaker with built in crossover would you recommend?
post #1955 of 5278 Old 12-17-2018, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signor Cat View Post
No. What I am saying is, in particular, this year's P series has CEC issues, and every firmware release has been focused on resolving them. Some devices have no issues, while others do. Granted, CEC is rather janky to begin with, and I can't speak to what may or may not be going on with other manufactures' TVs.
Ah - I see. With that said is there anything I (we as a group) can do then to add to the Vizio complaints for CEC fixes? Is it a simple call into their tech support or website or....this way I and others can add additional complaints to push Vizio for more of a fix?

I can still return this TV if it is going to a continued issue that other manufactures may have the bugs worked out (for reference I was looking at was the Samsung QLED QN75Q6FN which is $100 more at Video ONLY).

However I still feel that some of the video issues I'm getting are from the NAK as it's passthrough of 4k is a problem, unless it does somehow deal with the CEC...but I seriously doubt that as testing with the PC hooked directly to the Viz has no issues.

For reference the PC is Win10 build 1803 with Nvidia GeForce GT 1030. Resolution I am using > 4K 3840x2160 30hz and 60hz. Card can go to 4096x2160 but the previous is said to be native.

"GUESS WHAT?!! I've got a fever. And the only perscription...is more cow bell" - Christopher Walken - SNL
post #1956 of 5278 Old 12-17-2018, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yes the Pioneer set I used are the Andrew Jones add ons. I was very pleased with them.

I am not versed enough in atmos setups to really make any educated recommendations. There are two scenarios I’m interested in trying though..

First, running the 9.2 with a single atmos bookshelf speaker for each L/R rear/surround. So, if setup in the hybrid elevation, running the elevation leads to the atmos terminals and the side surround leads to the standard 2-way terminals. This will only work as intended if the 9.2 has a setting to process in hybrid elevation.

Secondly, run a 7.2 setup with the rear surround leads running in parallel to the atmos bookshelf combo. Then, the atmos speaker crossover should only play the frequency’s suited for height (not that there is a fine line, just that the speaker controls dispersion better at the high frequencies). This is definitely not how Nakamichi intended the system to be used, however, it sounds like this may do the same thing SSE will do but with higher quality drivers.

I think the main takeaway from all of this is that it is nice to have the flexibility to modify the rears to your liking. And for anyone who has used a real atmos setup and is feeling underwhelmed by the height of this system, there may be options to fake it that sound more enveloping than what the stock system is capable of.

Of course a potential downside is once you swap out the rear speakers, it may start to feel like the most exciting sound is coming from behind and there’s nothing you can do about the drivers in the bar.

I’ll also mention that I reached out to Nakamichi about the ability to advertise the system as a 9.2.4 or 7.2.4 without actually having upfiring drivers. They responded that Dolby has done away with the requirement for upfiring drivers in certifying/licensing equipment for Atmos. So, either virtualization works so well that Dolby is willing to stake its technology reputation on it, or, more likely, it wants to capitalize on the licensing fees and not limit them to the flagship bars. I’m skeptical any virtualization works, but also hopeful to be pleasantly surprised.
Viscious82 likes this.
post #1957 of 5278 Old 12-17-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signor Cat View Post
Question for you folks. I have a Pro 7.1 DTS:X, and I've been fighting with it for a month trying to make dialog even reasonably audible. I've already taken the usual steps of updating the firmware, resetting the device, checking night mode settings, and cranking up the center channel. The only resolution I've been able to find is using DSP settings, but I was wondering if there might be some trick or setting I am missing that might fix this? It happens with both Dolby and DTS signals, and I haven't had this issue with previous soundbars. I'm thinking I am probably missing something obvious here.
I have the Elite 7.2 and have not noticed this. Played a few movies (so they have all been Dolby) and the dialog seems fine. Not muffled or low, however I have not messed with the Audio Control to add or remove (I'll have to check each of those settings to see what they are stock) except for the Bass as that had to come down to 1

Room size is set to Large. I have the DSP in Movie and Neural X. I've tried Clear Voice, but not 100% on if it just turns 'on' and there is no off (pushing the button just displays 'Clear Voice' - no mention to go between on and off).
Viscious82 likes this.

"GUESS WHAT?!! I've got a fever. And the only perscription...is more cow bell" - Christopher Walken - SNL
post #1958 of 5278 Old 12-17-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojr74 View Post
I have the Elite 7.2 and have not noticed this. Played a few movies (so they have all been Dolby) and the dialog seems fine. Not muffled or low, however I have not messed with the Audio Control to add or remove (I'll have to check each of those settings to see what they are stock) except for the Bass as that had to come down to 1

Room size is set to Large. I have the DSP in Movie and Neural X. I've tried Clear Voice, but not 100% on if it just turns 'on' and there is no off (pushing the button just displays 'Clear Voice' - no mention to go between on and off).

Yeah, Movie DSP was the solution I found for it, but I was wondering if there might be a solution that doesn't involve using the DSP modes.
post #1959 of 5278 Old 12-18-2018, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Anyone know if ATMOS/DTX will function if the rear speakers are not connected? The way my room is configured, I won't be able to put the rear speakers up so I plan to use the system as 7.1 or 5.1 (depending on the version I get)

Thanks
post #1960 of 5278 Old 12-18-2018, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoMtn View Post
Anyone know if ATMOS/DTX will function if the rear speakers are not connected? The way my room is configured, I won't be able to put the rear speakers up so I plan to use the system as 7.1 or 5.1 (depending on the version I get)

Thanks
7.1 or 5.1 (depending on the version I get) I mean to say 5.1 or 5.2
Viscious82 likes this.
post #1961 of 5278 Old 12-18-2018, 11:21 AM

My 9.2 just shipped!

Just wanted some thoughts at to speaker/ sub placement for my room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Room2.png
Views:	108
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	2498308  
Viscious82 likes this.
post #1962 of 5278 Old 12-19-2018, 09:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameneeded View Post
Just ordered my 9.2.

It better be as good as all you guys claim. ;P
Or what? You gonna take ours away from us? You better bring an elite Navy Seal team with you if you want mine !
nameneeded likes this.

LG 55C6P OLED Display
Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player (65-0131 firmware)
ELAC unifi B5 Speakers
NAD C316BEE Stereo Amplifier
Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 Sound Bar (3.2 firmware)/Xbox One X 4K Gaming Console/Apple TV 4K
post #1963 of 5278 Old 12-19-2018, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hello all ..

Picked up an Elite last month, and got it hooked up last weekend...

I couldn't get the setup working with a TV Box and TV over an ARC, as given in the instruction manual (Option 2). Nak ARC to TV ARC and TV BOX HDMI to Nak HDMI

Had to change to TV BOX HDMI TO TV HDMI to get it working... TV is Sony X900f

Most of the tests I have done end up giving me PCM output ... There are very few like ESPN Streaming which came up as Dolby....

Want to tap into the knowledge here..

1.) Do I need to adjust any settings to get the best Audio format output? or Nak knows and is switching according to the format input? I have the TV set to output Auto..

2.) Did anyone else have had the setup issue I had? and is that causing issue 1?

appreciate your insights
post #1964 of 5278 Old 12-19-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD_99 View Post
Or what? You gonna take ours away from us? You better bring an elite Navy Seal team with you if you want mine !
That's not how I roll.

I bring 1 hacker (to gain access to your Bluetooth and local network) and 5-7 11 year old T swift fans to bombard you with their inane chatter including playing their music on your system till you are begging them to take it away.
RickD_99 likes this.
post #1965 of 5278 Old 12-19-2018, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by frujmkl View Post
hello all ..

Picked up an Elite last month, and got it hooked up last weekend...

I couldn't get the setup working with a TV Box and TV over an ARC, as given in the instruction manual (Option 2). Nak ARC to TV ARC and TV BOX HDMI to Nak HDMI

Had to change to TV BOX HDMI TO TV HDMI to get it working... TV is Sony X900f

Most of the tests I have done end up giving me PCM output ... There are very few like ESPN Streaming which came up as Dolby....

Want to tap into the knowledge here..

1.) Do I need to adjust any settings to get the best Audio format output? or Nak knows and is switching according to the format input? I have the TV set to output Auto..

2.) Did anyone else have had the setup issue I had? and is that causing issue 1?

appreciate your insights
Here's my setup (I have a 7.1 Pro DTS:X):

DIRECTV box to Naka HDMI 2
LG UHD player to Naka HDMI 3
Naka HDMI/ARC to Vizio M Series HDMI/ARC (I only use ARC for streaming Netflix etc from TV to Naka).

On Naka, I use Neural X, Movie, Surround On, ECO off settings. On TV I make sure CEC is set to ARC Only.

Set TV output to bitstream.

Using DirecTV and streaming apps, i always get Dolby sound, DTX-HD when playing Blu Ray's and UHD discs.

That's about it. Make sure you're using 4k 18gbs HDMI cables. I got some audio dropouts on my LG player at first but got a new HDMI cable and that fixed that problem.

Also make sure you've installed the latest firmware from September and do a reset on the Naka after you update.

Hope you get it sorted out. It's a great system with a few quirks

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Vizio M50-E1 (2017)
LG UBK90 UHD Blu-Ray Player
Nakamichi 7.1 Pro DTS:X Soundbar
Directv Genie
post #1966 of 5278 Old 12-19-2018, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I need help getting DTS (or Dolby) on my PC.
I have hdmi going from my graphics card (1080ti) to the soundbar (9.2 system), and the sound bar to my LG C8 tv to the ARC hdmi. With this way, all I can get is multi channel pcm. If I plug my pc directly to the tv, all I get is regular pcm and the only sound is from the soundbar.
The LG C8 does not have an option the change the audio, except to select pcm or auto.
With my old tv (Samsung ks8000) I did get DTS sound on my PC, so the only thing I changed was getting a new tv.
post #1967 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysocky View Post

I have hdmi going from my graphics card (1080ti) to the soundbar (9.2 system), and the sound bar to my LG C8 tv to the ARC hdmi. With this way, all I can get is multi channel pcm. If I plug my pc directly to the tv, all I get is regular pcm and the only sound is from the soundbar.

The LG C8 does not have an option the change the audio, except to select pcm or auto.

With my old tv (Samsung ks8000) I did get DTS sound on my PC, so the only thing I changed was getting a new tv.

I have not tried but below is my 2 cents:

What content are you playing and through which app( like vlc, etc).

While playing the content try to check if there are any settings in your software ( vlc player etc) that can be adjusted to output Dts or Dolby

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=145489

I would suggest you reach out to naka rep and they will surely help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1968 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I am likely going to be returning my 7.2 due to the HDMI passthrough issues I’ve documented previously. In short, I can’t get any 4K devices (specifically an Xbox One S and an Apple TV 4K) to consistently pass video when plugged into the sound bar. I’ve done a dozen HDMI refreshes, bought brand new high bandwidth cables, etc, but it is just way too flaky. When I can get it working it will stop working the next time I turn it on. This is to a Sony X900F TV btw, which has only one extra high bandwidth HDMI port so I rely on the sound bar doing the HDMI switching. I have my Nvidia Shield plugged into the TV port and it works flawlessly.

There seems to be something poorly engineered around their HDMI handshaking. Just look at how extensive the FAQ on HDMI issues is on the Nakamichi website. I have a Denon receiver that I’ve never had any issues at all with many of the same types of devices, all of them 4K 60Hz capable.

I guess there is a chance I’ve got a defective sound bar, but the extensive Nakamichi HDMI FAQ suggests otherwise.

Can anybody recommend another sound bar that is HDMI 4K stable, has at least one wireless sub, and wireless rear speakers? I love the sound of the Nakamichi but my wife is getting pissed off that I spend more time trying to get the sound bar to work than listening to it.
mykq likes this.
post #1969 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbknightx View Post
I am likely going to be returning my 7.2 due to the HDMI passthrough issues I’ve documented previously. In short, I can’t get any 4K devices (specifically an Xbox One S and an Apple TV 4K) to consistently pass video when plugged into the sound bar. I’ve done a dozen HDMI refreshes, bought brand new high bandwidth cables, etc, but it is just way too flaky. When I can get it working it will stop working the next time I turn it on. This is to a Sony X900F TV btw, which has only one extra high bandwidth HDMI port so I rely on the sound bar doing the HDMI switching. I have my Nvidia Shield plugged into the TV port and it works flawlessly.

There seems to be something poorly engineered around their HDMI handshaking. Just look at how extensive the FAQ on HDMI issues is on the Nakamichi website. I have a Denon receiver that I’ve never had any issues at all with many of the same types of devices, all of them 4K 60Hz capable.

I guess there is a chance I’ve got a defective sound bar, but the extensive Nakamichi HDMI FAQ suggests otherwise.

Can anybody recommend another sound bar that is HDMI 4K stable, has at least one wireless sub, and wireless rear speakers? I love the sound of the Nakamichi but my wife is getting pissed off that I spend more time trying to get the sound bar to work than listening to it.
Sorry to hear that you are returning your unit. This is disappointing to hear since with the upcoming Dolby updates I was hoping that the Nak would be not only the best sound bar on the market audio wise but also the best 4K switcher! Your experience now has me wondering if my present setup has been masking a 4K source HDMI pass through deficiency for my past year of ownership (my 4K sources are cabled directly to my LG C6 currently). Has anyone else here with the 7.2 or 9.2 systems experienced similar pass through issues as described by dbknightx?

I wonder if these issues are what is holding up the firmware release???

LG 55C6P OLED Display
ELAC unifi B5 Speakers
Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 Sound Bar (3.2 firmware)/Xbox One X 4K Gaming Console/Apple TV 4K
post #1970 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockysocky View Post
With a PC it is dependent on the app you are using. Netflix in the browser will only do PCM, however if you download the Netflix app it can do bitstream.
Same with Kodi, Plex, etc - you need to use an app to have the PC do bitstream. Otherwise it’s going to be PCM.

post #1971 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Sorry to hear that you are returning your unit. This is disappointing to hear since with the upcoming Dolby updates I was hoping that the Nak would be not only the best sound bar on the market audio wise but also the best 4K switcher! Your experience now has me wondering if my present setup has been masking a 4K source HDMI pass through deficiency for my past year of ownership (my 4K sources are cabled directly to my LG C6 currently). Has anyone else here with the 7.2 or 9.2 systems experienced similar pass through issues as described by dbknightx?

Soundbar has been rock solid for almost a year with an Nvidia Shield, A4KTV, and Xbox One plugged directly into the soundbar. Sounds like this is an isolated issue and maybe a defective unit.
You would be hearing a lot more complaining if we all had this issue.
RickD_99 and atfree like this.
post #1972 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I’ve had similar issues with 4k going through the NAK with a PC. It happens when I start at the beginning of the day and play a video. When the video starts the TV (Vizio P75-F1) will go black, then come back and go black again. Audio still works.
I have to switch either the TV or the NAK source input (PC is on NAK HDMI2) to try and get the picture back. However, there are times I have to do it more than a couple times.
Once I do get the picture back then it won’t do it again until the next time the system is powered on. Then it starts all over again.

I also have CEC issues with the VIZ and the NAK. So I’m thinking about returning both and going with different brands.

Still troubleshooting with NAK but I do not have high hopes. I’ve tried several HDMI cords (bluejeans cable, new amazon basics) and now I’m being asked to purchase another new set from bluerigger.

post #1973 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2377 Post(s)
Liked: 3134
Official Nakamichi Shockwafe 9.2 and 7.2 dts:x dual subwoofers soundbars thread

Quote:

I finally set up my bar last night (Ultra 9.2.) have not done any FW updates yet (don’t have a USB stick that is small enough ). No fancy cables, mostly what came with the source units and some certified for bar to TV and BR player and Apple TV.

I have a Sony Z9D running latest FW.

I’ve had issues in the past with various AVRs connected to it (Apple TV stops working, HDMI port 2 stops all together, etc) that were solved by a soft reset (holding down the power button on the remote for about ten seconds) which solves the issue every time.

Direct TV box running to TV HDMI 1, Apple TV running to HDMI 2 and Nak on HDMI 3

Xbox One X, PS 4 Pro and Sony X700 UHD player all to Nak HDMI inputs.

The Nak is a little slow to switch... but all sources report as expected (all 4k formats supported except Dolby Vision.).

ARC switching on bar works really really well.

I recently had a Samsung K950 sound bar and it was fairly flaky switching sources.

My point is that our sets are very similar.... and the Nak seems to work well for me so I don’t think it’s endemic to the bars design or implementation.

Maybe you have a bad bar with a defective board.

And I’d strongly suggest the tv reset. It might be that.

More than other manufacturers Nak seems to want to help their customers set up their source devices properly. And as I said my experience with Samsung was less than ideal.
CoreyM likes this.
post #1974 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:

I have a 9.2 with 3 devices connected to the bar. A shield tv, atv4k, and PS4 pro. So far I have had no issues with the bar and video pass through. Initially I had CEC related issues with the bar and the PS4 but I had to change the configuration on the PS4 to get CEC working properly. I am still really happy with the bar and hoping the new firmware comes out soon with Atmos support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
atfree likes this.
post #1975 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 207
I've had no issues running Shield or UHD Blu-Ray through the Nak.

I don't run the xbox and never will because I have different video settings I like but I don't think the bar has any problems with switching for me (9.2).

The latest NVidia Shield update has appeared to have broken my CEC and wakes the bar and TV after I turn them off if I don't change the source, I assume I will just have to put it to sleep now every time I turn the TV off. Annoying but that's on NVidia.

XBox: King Nuthin
post #1976 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Only time I run into devices not running 4K/UHD properly is when the device is powered on before the Nakamichi. I don't know why this is the case, but it is. Turn off the Nakamichi and I need to turn off all 4K/UHD devices before they'll function again.
post #1977 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I've been using my 9.2 with hdfury products :avr key for my xbox and integral 2 for my ps4 and shield tv. No real issues in the Nakamichi side. My damming k950 was more finicky. The only issue I have is that when using the shield tv it wants to switch from hdmi 3 to arc all of the time. I have to keep pressing the hdmi 3 button on the nak remote to get it to stick to the input that want. I do this so that I can usted dts hd ma/ x with plex. Anyone find a fix for that? Bar sounds great right now running the latest firmware. Almost as good as the k950 running atmos content. The arc sound performance with DD is really good compared to the k950. Dts hdma and x sound phenomenal. Can't wait to see sse and atmos in action. Come on Nakamichi!

Thanks in advance to anyone that can Help with my arc issue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
post #1978 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I got my 7.1 Pro delivered today, and just testing things out before setting it all up properly (spaced, etc) For some reason, the display on it is just blinking. Not sure why. Just blinking ARC right now. It wasn't earlier lol.

Any reasons?
post #1979 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Nothing is holding up the firmware release. Nakamichi always said "Dec 2018". And it's not Jan 1st 2019 yet. So it's not late.
Jake Farrell likes this.
post #1980 of 5278 Old 12-21-2018, 06:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngettler View Post
Nothing is holding up the firmware release. Nakamichi always said "Dec 2018". And it's not Jan 1st 2019 yet. So it's not late.
True dat but to be fair the release date has been something of a moving target. There was an initial post indicating “maybe by the end of the second week in December” and then next thing we know Ray (and the Nak site) says end of December. When it comes to firmware updates I believe it’s a mistake to mention dates at all as it creates expectations that may perhaps not be met. Oppo were smart in never commiting to firmware release dates for that very reason.

Honestly I would rather Nak squish any remaining bugs in the firmware regardless of how long it takes. Otherwise we early adopters become beta testers.

LG 55C6P OLED Display
ELAC unifi B5 Speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
button* , nakamichi shockwafe , nakamichi soundbar