Soundbar and HDMI/TV help? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-08-2017, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Soundbar and HDMI/TV help?

So this holiday Season I plan to upgrade my TV and current sound. I was going to get a receiver too, but decided against it.

I'm going from a Sharp Aquos that is GREAT from 10 years ago, to a TCL 55in that is Dolby Vision, HDR 10, 72 Zones of FALD, Roku built in, and ranked like the 2nd best TV of 2017, being out Sony's, Samsung's, etc. It's the TCL P607

From audio standpoint, I'm going from a simple 2 channel and subwoofer setup to a Soundbar (do you guys have any suggestions for any that are HDMI Arc, and UNDER $300 or so?).

The question I have is, and I think I know but I just wanna make sure it's right before doing it: if I connect everything to the TV (Cable, DVD player, and PS3) to the TV, and then use it's only HDMI arc connection to run to the Soundbar, will of work? Will all the audio (once I disable the TV speakers in the settings) route to the Soundbar for each input device?

The TV has 3 HDMI slots total (2 regular and one Arc). The PS3 & Cable box will occupy the 2 HDMI slots and I'll use a breakout cable to do Component on the DVD player (I assume this will work too).

Am I visualizing this correctly?!

When I first set out to do the upgrade, I thought right away about JBL, Yamaha and Sonos. But, those are brands I'll go with further down the road. If I did get a receiver now tho, I would've likely gone LG or Denin.

The current setup is 10 years old and still going strong, but after some health issues recently, I want to make the changes now (even tho there's nothing wrong with the current setup).

I hope all 3 devices will reroute their sound through the Arc HDMI, right? The Cable & PS3 Blue Ray (2 HDMI inputs), and the DVD player (either composite or component breakout input)?

I might split one of the HDMI ports down the road too. Will it still work in routing the audio through to the Arc Output?

Whatever Soundbars you guys recommend, has to have HDMI out (Arc). I'm allocating about $250 or so MAX (maaaaaaaaaybe $300).

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-09-2017, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 7
ARC would work if the Soundbar has ARC as well. I personally have a Vizio 5.1 SB4051-CO in my bedroom and its working perfectly for my needs. I supports ARC as well as Toslink/coaxil.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-11-2017, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
[B]I think I've settled on the Yamaha YAS 207. For $300, it has a TON of features. Anyone agree or disagree?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
hdmi , hdmi (arc) , sound , soundbar , tcl

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page