Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-06-2017, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Samsung m450 vs Sony htct290

Hey all,

Need a soundbar for a new sony xbr tv. Soon it will have the full 7.1 with reciever, but until then, need a soundbar. BEst buy has really pushed the sony ht290 on me, saying Sony talks better with Sony. However, I would prefer to have the better sounding soundbar.

I picked up the sony, it's not out of the box yet, but I am debating getting the samsung and trying both.

Any thoughts on the 2? One better than the other?

Thanks!
dave

Anything bigger than a handful, you're risking a sprained tongue - Gary, Weird Science
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-14-2017, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemsc View Post
Hey all,

Need a soundbar for a new sony xbr tv. Soon it will have the full 7.1 with reciever, but until then, need a soundbar. BEst buy has really pushed the sony ht290 on me, saying Sony talks better with Sony. However, I would prefer to have the better sounding soundbar.

I picked up the sony, it's not out of the box yet, but I am debating getting the samsung and trying both.

Any thoughts on the 2? One better than the other?

Thanks!
dave
Recently I bought the Samsung hw m550 which is 3.1 soundbar and it certainly sounds good with good base sounds.much better than the tv speakers.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old 12-20-2017, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
FWIW I picked up the Sony 290 about a month ago for my living room setup and love it. Huge upgrade over the tv speakers obviously. However, the Klipsch sound bar that’s normally $399 is on sale (or was last week) for $149 and I would have gone with that only because the subwoofer is larger and heavier leading me to believe it might hit lower freq and sound more impressive. I don’t regret my purchase at all I just feel like I may have missed out on a better choice for the same money.

I can only compare the Sony 290 subwoofer and Soundbar to tv speakers and to my PB 16 Ultra in the the theater room which are on 2 completely separate ends of the spectrum. It’s a lot better than tv speakers but also can’t hold a candle to a real subwoofer.

TV: Sony XBR75X900E
Receiver: Denon AVR-X6400H
Protection: Panamax M5400-PM, Blu-ray UHD 4K Player:Xbox One X
Subwoofer: SVS PB16 Ultra, Front Speakers: Klipsch RP-450C and R-28F, Rear Speakers: Polk Audio T90e
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page