VIZIO SB3651-E6 Sound Bar System lipsync issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 23 Old 12-27-2017, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
VIZIO SB3651-E6 Sound Bar System lipsync issue

Just purchased this, hooked it up using the ARC feature. The sound bar is equipped with smartcast. And when we use our Samsung smartphone or Vizio tablet the surround sound crackles and all of a sudden the voice sync is way off.. I have to change the input off and back on hdmi arc, but once the phone is used again it happens again.. Any idea? I put a couple of the magnet things on the power cord and hdmi cable with no luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 12-29-2017, 12:05 PM

i've been struggling with this + random av delay on the same soundbar

i've discovered that the issue is related to AAC that's being converted up to 5.1 channel from 2.1

go into the remote, change the EQ mode to DIRECT rather than movie or music

eliminated both issues for me, as far as i can tell.
post #3 of 23 Old 01-01-2018, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Vizio SB3651-E6 Lipsync Issues Also

At my wit's end on this one, and wife is about ready to beat me with the soundbar.

Have Vizio SB3651-E6 hooked up to TCL 55P605 TV. Tried every connection option I can find, but continue to have a lipsync issue. Everything starts in sync, but after a few minutes the audio is lagging behind the video and it looks like a poorly dubbed movie. I hit the use the AV-Sync on the Vizio soundbar remote prev key to get in sync again, but in a few minutes will be out of sync again. I swapped the Vizio soundbar at Costco for a replacement, but still the same issue.

The only input device I have connected to the TV is a DirecTV 4K Genie client. I've tried the following connections, but all exhibit the same issues:
- DirecTV hooked to HDMI1 on the TCL 55P605, with the soundbar HDMI-ARC output hooked up to HDMI3-ARC on the TCL
- DirecTV hooked to HDMI-In on the Vizio SB3651, the soundbar HDMI-ARC output hooked up to HDMI3-ARC on the TCL
- DirecTV hooked to HDMI1 on the TCL 55P605, with Optical Cable connected to the soundbar.

I have the same issue whether I'm using DirecTV, or the TCL Apps (Netflix, Plex). Issue is more pronounced with DirecTV, but all apps will eventually lose their audio/video sync.

Can't find any adjustment for this on the TV. Soundbar AV-Sync function on remote only allows to add additional delay, not to get rid of delay.

Have tried with ARC and CEC enabled and also turned off.

Have set TV audio output to Stereo-PCM, Digital Dolby, Digital Dolby +, DTS.....all with same issue. Can listen to TV using internal speakers without an issue, but they are pretty weak.

Any ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 01-02-2018, 07:29 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgaryc51 View Post
At my wit's end on this one, and wife is about ready to beat me with the soundbar.

Have Vizio SB3651-E6 hooked up to TCL 55P605 TV. Tried every connection option I can find, but continue to have a lipsync issue. Everything starts in sync, but after a few minutes the audio is lagging behind the video and it looks like a poorly dubbed movie. I hit the use the AV-Sync on the Vizio soundbar remote prev key to get in sync again, but in a few minutes will be out of sync again. I swapped the Vizio soundbar at Costco for a replacement, but still the same issue.

The only input device I have connected to the TV is a DirecTV 4K Genie client. I've tried the following connections, but all exhibit the same issues:
- DirecTV hooked to HDMI1 on the TCL 55P605, with the soundbar HDMI-ARC output hooked up to HDMI3-ARC on the TCL
- DirecTV hooked to HDMI-In on the Vizio SB3651, the soundbar HDMI-ARC output hooked up to HDMI3-ARC on the TCL
- DirecTV hooked to HDMI1 on the TCL 55P605, with Optical Cable connected to the soundbar.

I have the same issue whether I'm using DirecTV, or the TCL Apps (Netflix, Plex). Issue is more pronounced with DirecTV, but all apps will eventually lose their audio/video sync.

Can't find any adjustment for this on the TV. Soundbar AV-Sync function on remote only allows to add additional delay, not to get rid of delay.

Have set TV audio output to Stereo-PCM, Digital Dolby, Digital Dolby +, DTS.....all with same issue. Can listen to TV using internal speakers without an issue, but they are pretty weak.

Any ideas??
Having the same issue with my SB3651.. recently tried switching the optical connection from my TV to my Fios cablebox, hoping it was the TV causing the latency.. No such luck.
post #5 of 23 Old 01-04-2018, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We had just purchased a Lg 65B7a, along with a Vizio SB3651-e6 sound bar. The sound will stay in sync for awhile, and then it drops out of sync. I've tried every possible combination of hooking it up to the tv, along with the sync adjustments, but it keeps happening. Tried a Lg sound bar and it works perfectly, but the quality of build and sound is (for me) inferior to the Vizio,and returned it. Being the hard-headed person I am, I refuse to give up on the Vizio, hoping there will be some update released soon that will rectify the situation. I'm an older guy, and understand old-school stereo (still have all the stuff I bought in the '70's) , but some of this new technology has me blowing the dust out from between my ears--(read "think"). Didn't know if there was some secret trick that I'm not aware of, or if I'm going to have to continue to pretend that I'm watching poorly dubbed Godzilla movies. Thank You--I'd go get myself a cup of coffee if i could remember where the kitchen is.........
post #6 of 23 Old 01-07-2018, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Also having the audio sync issue with my sb-3651. It’s connected via optical directly to my Sony X900E. It’s getting really annoying.
post #7 of 23 Old 01-09-2018, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougun Mia View Post
i've been struggling with this + random av delay on the same soundbar

i've discovered that the issue is related to AAC that's being converted up to 5.1 channel from 2.1

go into the remote, change the EQ mode to DIRECT rather than movie or music

eliminated both issues for me, as far as i can tell.
How are you making out with the lip sync issue, still got it beat by using direct?

Edit:

I switched mine to direct tonight to try it out. Certainly noticed an improvement, it's pretty close now.

Living Room: Sony XBR55X800E / Sony UBPX800 / Vizio SB3651-E6
HT Setup: LG OLED55E6P / Panasonic DMP-UB900 / PS4 Pro / Denon X4500H (7.1.2 / 5.1.4) / KEF Q700's / KEF Q600c / KEF Q100 Surrounds, Front Heights / KEF Ci160ER / Rythmik FVX15

Last edited by HVAC Guru; 01-09-2018 at 09:32 PM.
post #8 of 23 Old 01-13-2018, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Still issues on mine. Literally have to adjust the AV delay every 5 minutes.. I had a old receiver hooked up via ARC with no issues at all. Rediculous they can't make a "sound" bar that works properly..
post #9 of 23 Old 01-21-2018, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Any progress on this? I am experiencing the same issues.
post #10 of 23 Old 01-22-2018, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
+1 here. Said in another thread, but I only get this problem when it goes to Dolby content. DTS Is completely fine
post #11 of 23 Old 01-22-2018, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thieves dont View Post
+1 here. Said in another thread, but I only get this problem when it goes to Dolby content. DTS Is completely fine
Ok,please explain to me how you change this DD to DTS on the soundbar? What does it have to be set to?
post #12 of 23 Old 01-22-2018, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPonik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thieves dont View Post
Ok,please explain to me how you change this DD to DTS on the soundbar? What does it have to be set to?
It's not through the soundbar. Some movies have DTS audio tracks.
post #13 of 23 Old 02-12-2018, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a Sony X900E, and I have them connected through the ARC. I do experience the lag, which varies in "intensity" - sometimes it is barely noticeable, but sometimes it is almost unbearable how bad it is. I only experience it, though, when the picture source is external (CableBox or BluRay via HDMI). I have not been able to notice any delay when I play content using the TV built-in apps (NetFlix, Amazon Video, etc.).

I have not been able to correct the lag. Frankly, the available options are very limited. The Sony does not really have any options to deal with that, and the Delay setting on the SoundBar only increases it. (I did set it to Direct for the EQ mode, to no avail.) Sigh.

To make matters worse, the SoundBar has been turning off randomly, while I'm watching the telly. Should not really matter, but I have the Eco mode and the timer both off. I guess I'll have return the thing....
post #14 of 23 Old 02-06-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgaryc51 View Post

Any ideas??
Change the EQ on the sound bar to direct...not movie or other settings.
post #15 of 23 Old 03-09-2019, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Finally replacing my old Denon 591 which had no lipsync issues with this guy for "simplicity" and I'm experiencing this lipsync issue. How frustrating is this? I also have it hooked up via HDMI ARC to a TCL tv. I'm currently trying it on "direct" and it seems to be helping the issue. Wonder if a firmware update will fix this eventually?
post #16 of 23 Old 03-11-2019, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I'm dealing with the same issue. I've had this since Christmas and it worked fine. Yesterday it started doing this. I actually did a factory reset and it solve it for a day. Now it's back to being out of sync. Anyone have any other suggestions? I've already switch EQ to Direct to no avail.

Larry L.

My Theater Build - The Lion's Lair
post #17 of 23 Old 07-25-2019, 10:21 AM

Roku works better

I've had the same issue with the Fire TV Stick 4K that I was unable to resolve after trying all the "fixes" suggested online.

When I swapped it out with my 4k Roku Streaming Stick+ that I had on another television, the problem went away---no sync issues whatsover.
post #18 of 23 Old 01-31-2020, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I purchased this same sound bar (3651-E6) over the holidays and am experiencing out of sync issues, enough to even drive my seven year old mad!
One thing I've noticed is the sound isn't consistently out of sync from one streaming app to another (using Fire stick 4K).
Nearly everything we watch on Disney+ is unbearable.
Some Netflix shows sync worse than others.
I tried the Direct setting. I tried both optical and HDMI Arc settings.
Sound seems to sync fine with BluRay via HDMI.

It's all very frustrating. I called Vizio Support a few weeks back because the sound cut out every 15 seconds but never mentioned the sync issue although it was ever present. They sent me a replacement. While the sound no longer cuts out, the sync issue is still ever present!

Any further advancements from others regarding this issue?
post #19 of 23 Old 01-31-2020, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRyan View Post
I purchased this same sound bar (3651-E6) over the holidays and am experiencing out of sync issues, enough to even drive my seven year old mad!
One thing I've noticed is the sound isn't consistently out of sync from one streaming app to another (using Fire stick 4K).
Nearly everything we watch on Disney+ is unbearable.
Some Netflix shows sync worse than others.
I tried the Direct setting. I tried both optical and HDMI Arc settings.
Sound seems to sync fine with BluRay via HDMI.

It's all very frustrating. I called Vizio Support a few weeks back because the sound cut out every 15 seconds but never mentioned the sync issue although it was ever present. They sent me a replacement. While the sound no longer cuts out, the sync issue is still ever present!

Any further advancements from others regarding this issue?
Until you get it resolved, have you manually tried to adjust sound sync settings on your TV or soundbar?
post #20 of 23 Old 02-04-2020, 10:23 PM

I did a factory reset to the new soundbar and opted NOT to connect it to wifi. That sure seemed to help the lip sync issue quite a bit. I was pretty happy with it. I had to adjust the sound delay with the remote here and there but over all, I was happy with it. That is until I started experiencing sleep issues. Once the soundbar goes to sleep, I have to perform an auto input to get the sound back. What a pain!

On top of all that, I'm experiencing the sound cutting out every 15 seconds once again with that little blue light blinking every 15 seconds.

I'm not sure how much more I can deal with this. I might have to call them again. I'm almost ready to give up and return this thing.
post #21 of 23 Old 02-10-2020, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I was having the dreaded lip-sync issue with my TCL 613 55" and the Vizio SB3651-E6.

I found nothing but trouble with the HDMI-ARC, so I abandoned it and went with the optical. Still had some intermittent issues, but it was much better. Somehow, it has "fixed itself". It's no longer an issue for me. I am guessing that the issue will intermittently come up again, but so far the optical has performed admirably.

And believe me, it was bad...at one point I was already in the process of getting pre-paid return shipping labels to return it for a full refund...

My OTA Setup
- TiVo Roamio OTA DVR
- Antennas Direct DB4e
- Channel Master Chimney Mount w/10 Foot Mast (1.5" Diameter)
My TV Fool Report
post #22 of 23 Old 02-14-2020, 09:04 PM

I'm having the same issue with a new TCL 65" 6-series Roku TV regardless of source, including the built-in Roku. I've noticed that it's bad on anything with surround sound, and the worst on Dolby 5.1 or 7.1.

I've noticed that the problem practically disappears when switching the Roku audio output setting to Stereo PCM instead of Auto or Dolby/surround... but then of course the surround sound turns into lame 2-channel audio with no subwoofer or rear or center channel speakers even working.

This is highly frustrating and after doing a ton of reading on the topic, it appears that neither Vizio nor TCL have any certain plans for a firmware fix for this latency/lag. I'm thinking of buying an HDMI signal splitter then running the Roku Ultra (my standalone media input box) into the soundbar and the TV in series (simultaneous inputs) instead of parallel (Roku Ultra box --> TV --> Vizio soundbar via HDMI ARC).

Thoughts? Product solutions that don't mess with HDR, 4K, framerate, and/or surround encoding because of HDCP copyright protection protocol over HDMI??
post #23 of 23 Old 02-16-2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeekiM01 View Post
I was having the dreaded lip-sync issue with my TCL 613 55" and the Vizio SB3651-E6.

I found nothing but trouble with the HDMI-ARC, so I abandoned it and went with the optical. Still had some intermittent issues, but it was much better. Somehow, it has "fixed itself". It's no longer an issue for me. I am guessing that the issue will intermittently come up again, but so far the optical has performed admirably.

And believe me, it was bad...at one point I was already in the process of getting pre-paid return shipping labels to return it for a full refund...
It seems many of my issues have resolved themselves as well. It's all very peculiar. Since disconnected from wifi, I've been on HDMI-ARC and haven't noticed my issues. Overall, sync issues are minimal. There's still a slight issue with some programming but nearly tolerable.
Sleep issues have also resolved.

For now everything seems to be okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page