Originally Posted by mbeezie
Just purchased this soundbar and i'm curious about some issues i'm having.
1) Does it introduce any video processing? When i run my xbox one x through this soundbar, i have a noticeable increase in input lag and it seems like the game is runny less smoothly/more choppy. Is this normal? I have it hooked up to a Sony A9F TV via eARC.
2) when initially starting the TV + speaker system, i have a "no input" screen for a few seconds, then a green flicker, and then the cable TV turns on. This whole process takes about 5 seconds from hitting the button. With no soundbar connected, it is immediate.
3) Was this speaker supposed to come with an Atmos demo disc? I thought I read that somewhere, but i don't see it in the box
4) When changing volume with my Sony A9F remote, it now shows two volumes. One on the TV screen and one on the soundbar. These volumes are different levels. Is that normal? Also changing the volume is 'slower' than before the soundbar was attached.
*** Go into sound bar settings and set HDMI to enhanced if you haven't already. Same w TV.
1) I have the same issue with Sony A8F oled. I turned the TV to game mode and its fine now. Best description I can give is that the controls feel like they are fighting against you. Primarily in cinema mode playing a FPS....it's unplayable.When the Xbox is plugged into TV via HDMI it does not cause this, but then we lose streaming atmos. There was a new SW update 1.818 that got pushed like 10 min ago. So curious what it fixes or enhances. Was hoping for equalizer. Don't see any update info.
My only complaint w this soundbar is voices in alot of DTS Master and 2.0 channel videos is low. I was watching Batman Begins 4k and voices were all whispers yet explosions wake the neighbors. It's frustrating. I had a polk magnify max that was much better w voices that I returned for this.
3) Yes. I had disc in my box.
Also for anyone wondering...the vertical-s gives a great sound field...combined with the rear speakers u occasionally get a sense of over head but it's primarily vertical.
The rear speakers seem more for ambieance than an actual 5.1 imo. Sometimes unless there's explosions I wonder if they are on. Though in Batman Begins the gunshot in the alley scared the crap outta me as it felt like it zipped past my head. Granted they rears r not in a great place...leaning on the couch 2-3 ft from me. Still im not overly impressed by them, but does add some immersion.
Lastly, I've had this setup for over a week now and have not experienced any connection issues with the sub or rears. It's working flawlessly.
Sorry for the odd sentences, not at my pc. Trying to type in tablet browser that hates displaying avsforums lol.