Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar? - Page 27 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 171Likes

post #781 of 898 Old 09-07-2019, 03:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundizer17 View Post
Which Country are you in?

France
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 898 Old 09-07-2019, 03:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btbw03 View Post
France
I don’t know what the Support is like from Sennheiser in FRANCE, but it us excellent in UK and GERMANY.

Perhaps give Sennheiser a call after sending a detailed email via website support.
Or give GERMANY a call.
post #783 of 898 Old 09-07-2019, 03:52 AM

Still have the same issues in sound quality drop ( like if ambeo is partially deactivated...) and sub option reactivation ...

Unplug this bar and wait for the sennheiser reply ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #784 of 898 Old 09-07-2019, 03:52 AM

Quote:
I don’t know what the Support is like from Sennheiser in FRANCE, but it us excellent in UK and GERMANY.

Perhaps give Sennheiser a call after sending a detailed email via website support.

Or give GERMANY a call.

My reseller will contact sennheiser support on Monday.
Soundizer17 likes this.
post #785 of 898 Old 09-07-2019, 04:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
My reseller will contact sennheiser support on Monday.
Don’t stress about it now. Enjoy rest of weekend and wait for the reply. You still have option to return it.
post #786 of 898 Old 09-07-2019, 04:42 AM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 20
It seems that with Sennheiser’s response from feedback they are really on it. I still haven’t personally made the jump but I feel like it has the possibility of being amazing once everything’s worked out and with them I feel like it will be. At this point it seems like it’s just a matter of if your willing to be a early adopter or wait until all the kinks are worked out.
post #787 of 898 Old 09-07-2019, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Don’t stress about it now. Enjoy rest of weekend and wait for the reply. You still have option to return it.

Yes i don’t stress about that I m just that my new toy doesn’t work as expected
Soundizer17 likes this.
post #788 of 898 Old 09-07-2019, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Or give GERMANY a call.

You don't happen to have the email address for the german and/or UK support branch?
Soundizer17 likes this.
post #789 of 898 Old 09-07-2019, 06:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzar View Post
You don't happen to have the email address for the german and/or UK support branch?
You have to go onto the Sennheiser Support page and complete the form. Search Ambeo in ‘Product’.

After you fill out form you will get an email with case reference.

Then just call them on Monday and refer to the Case Reference.

Here is the UK LINK to the form.
https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/service-support-contact
Panzar likes this.
post #790 of 898 Old 09-07-2019, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitechicguy View Post
It seems that with Sennheiser’s response from feedback they are really on it. I still haven’t personally made the jump but I feel like it has the possibility of being amazing once everything’s worked out and with them I feel like it will be. At this point it seems like it’s just a matter of if your willing to be a early adopter or wait until all the kinks are worked out.
Spot on. The hardware for me is fantastic but the software/app is really not developed enough for prime time, especially on such a highly priced item. But Sennheiser are on it and I am sure it will go from strength to strength.
hsinnott likes this.
post #791 of 898 Old 09-07-2019, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
You have to go onto the Sennheiser Support page and complete the form. Search Ambeo in ‘Product’.

After you fill out form you will get an email with case reference.

Then just call them on Monday and refer to the Case Reference.

Here is the UK LINK to the form.
https://en-uk.sennheiser.com/service-support-contact

Ok, thank you!
post #792 of 898 Old 09-07-2019, 10:09 AM

A new issue, now on my Apple TV 4K netflix atmos content is ser as pcm 2.0 ....
post #793 of 898 Old 09-08-2019, 02:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
A new issue, now on my Apple TV 4K netflix atmos content is ser as pcm 2.0 ....
Are you connected directly to Ambeo or via TV.
post #794 of 898 Old 09-08-2019, 05:17 AM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Since I made it all work few days back I had no issues, really happy with the soundbar.
There is one new thing that came up, but it is related to Smart Control app. The app went through the upgrade, and now each time I launch it it calls me to finish the setup, yet I have no clue what else I’d need to do. It is all set.
Anyone else having this?
I can probably reset it and start over, but why. 🙂
post #795 of 898 Old 09-08-2019, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Are you connected directly to Ambeo or via TV.

I fixed this one, was on my side

Still have the auto sub activation and auto ambeo deactivation

More than 8/10 times yesterday with a ~1h30 movie

I stop trying fix this by myself ... at this level the problem is the soundbar

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
post #796 of 898 Old 09-08-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirekti View Post
Since I made it all work few days back I had no issues, really happy with the soundbar.
There is one new thing that came up, but it is related to Smart Control app. The app went through the upgrade, and now each time I launch it it calls me to finish the setup, yet I have no clue what else I’d need to do. It is all set.
Anyone else having this?

A lot of people have this one, thing the issue is on the app side .... buggy app, buggy soundbar....
post #797 of 898 Old 09-08-2019, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirekti View Post
Anyone else having this?
Yes mine is now doing this and also disconnects after about 20seconds every time. The app is just horrible to be honest.
post #798 of 898 Old 09-08-2019, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
I fixed this one, was on my side

Still have the auto sub activation and auto ambeo deactivation

More than 8/10 times yesterday with a ~1h30 movie

I stop trying fix this by myself ... at this level the problem is the soundbar

Have you tried to reset the Soundbar, then unplug it all (power, HDMIs, sub out). Delete the app, and reinstall and then start over.
I have somehow similar issue (my sub would go on and off even though it wasn't connected) and after I did the above all is stable for week now.
post #799 of 898 Old 09-08-2019, 08:23 AM

Yes, tried it many times
post #800 of 898 Old 09-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes, tried it many times
You don’t have a sub and never connected one, is that right?
post #801 of 898 Old 09-08-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
You don’t have a sub and never connected one, is that right?

Yes never have a sub connected

But .... big news !

In a last hope, i pluged an rca cable into the sub output .....

And ....

It seems to have solve all my issues... very very strange no more activation of the sub option / lost of the ambeo option ... just because I pluged a cable with nothing on it o_O

I still think of an exchange if my seller will propose it
post #802 of 898 Old 09-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes never have a sub connected

But .... big news !

In a last hope, i pluged an rca cable into the sub output .....

And ....

It seems to have solve all my issues... very very strange no more activation of the sub option / lost of the ambeo option ... just because I pluged a cable with nothing on it o_O

I still think of an exchange if my seller will propose it
Amazing.
post #803 of 898 Old 09-08-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Amazing.

Yes ... cant explain how just a cable pluged can do this .... perhaps a wrong solder of the rca plug ... don’t know ...

Soundizer17 likes this.
post #804 of 898 Old 09-08-2019, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes ... cant explain how just a cable pluged can do this .... perhaps a wrong solder of the rca plug ... don’t know ...

Maybe try to reinstall the Smart App, remove it from Bluetooth settings list aswell. Try again. Then unplug the cable.
post #805 of 898 Old 09-10-2019, 02:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Outstanding sound

Count me in, guys. I had been in the market for a soundbar to replace my traditional Yamaha/B&W 5.1 setup as my significant other doesn‘t like speakers all over the place. So I went to visit some local hifi dealers to listen to a bunch of soundbars from different manufacturers. But I couldn’t find a single one that could even come close to what I was looking for. Luckily, I don‘t live far from Sennheiser‘s headquarter in Germany. I popped around for a visit and listened to the awesome Ambeo soundbar. Boy, what a great sound experience.

Even though the Ambeo was about double the price I initially planned spending, I had to take it home. It really is true what everyone is saying. This thing is a beast. And it is not easy to position, depending on your room. I had to drill some extra holes into the wall mount to properly mount it. And it was worth the effort.

I played with the Ambeo soundbar for a couple of days. Not only does it come very close to the sound I had before. It even beats my old 5.1 setup in certain areas. What strikes me most is the feeling of being in some kind of immersive „sound bubble“. Before, I could always tell which speaker a certain effect comes from. Now, the sound comes „from behind“ or „from above“. It is much broader. When there is a movie scene where it rains, the Ambeo gives me the impression of rain all around (and above) me. With my old 5.1 setup it was more like an open window behind me where I could hear it rain. And the Ambeo always sounds natural, light-footed and never feels strained or harsh.

The second best surprise was how nice stereo music sounds in Ambeo music mode. It really is a pleasure to listen to. And it get’s even better with some minor tweaks to the EQ in the smart control app. I mainly like funk and R&B. When I cast music with my Apple TV and Airplay 2 hooked up to the Ambeo, it even synchronizes perfectly with my HomePod in the kitchen. There is no lag or latency whatsoever. I only wished, the Ambeo soundbar had Airplay 2 itself. Then I wouldn‘t need to run the TV when listening to music. But maybe this feature will be added in a future firmware update.

For me, the Ambeo Soundbar definitely is a keeper. And I will sell my old 5.1 setup. Maybe I keep the sub, as I could connect it to the soundbar. But, honestly, I don‘t really feel that is necessary. The bass of the Ambeo is so pronounced and at the same time well integrated.

The only downside so far is that the handshake between my Apple TV 4K and the soundbar doesn‘t always get the codec right. Even with the latest firmware installed (.16) it sometimes falls back to 2 channel PCM. Switching from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 and back usually fixes that. When I set the Apple TV to only decode Dolby Digital 5.1, everything works fine and I even see the Dolby Logo in the smart control app and have the extra controls like dialogue neutralization that don‘t appear when the decoder shows 6 channel PCM. I even have the impression that the sound is more spatial in Dolby Digital 5.1 mode. But that may well be in my fantasy only. And of course I will have to change this setting in the Apple TV whenever I want to listen to an Atmos movie.

Is there anyone else still having the PCM problem with the most recent firmware or is it just me?
suitechicguy likes this.
post #806 of 898 Old 09-10-2019, 03:54 AM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by knallgrau View Post
Count me in, guys. I had been in the market for a soundbar to replace my traditional Yamaha/B&W 5.1 setup as my significant other doesn‘t like speakers all over the place. So I went to visit some local hifi dealers to listen to a bunch of soundbars from different manufacturers. But I couldn’t find a single one that could even come close to what I was looking for. Luckily, I don‘t live far from Sennheiser‘s headquarter in Germany. I popped around for a visit and listened to the awesome Ambeo soundbar. Boy, what a great sound experience.

Even though the Ambeo was about double the price I initially planned spending, I had to take it home. It really is true what everyone is saying. This thing is a beast. And it is not easy to position, depending on your room. I had to drill some extra holes into the wall mount to properly mount it. And it was worth the effort.

I played with the Ambeo soundbar for a couple of days. Not only does it come very close to the sound I had before. It even beats my old 5.1 setup in certain areas. What strikes me most is the feeling of being in some kind of immersive „sound bubble“. Before, I could always tell which speaker a certain effect comes from. Now, the sound comes „from behind“ or „from above“. It is much broader. When there is a movie scene where it rains, the Ambeo gives me the impression of rain all around (and above) me. With my old 5.1 setup it was more like an open window behind me where I could hear it rain. And the Ambeo always sounds natural, light-footed and never feels strained or harsh.

The second best surprise was how nice stereo music sounds in Ambeo music mode. It really is a pleasure to listen to. And it get’s even better with some minor tweaks to the EQ in the smart control app. I mainly like funk and R&B. When I cast music with my Apple TV and Airplay 2 hooked up to the Ambeo, it even synchronizes perfectly with my HomePod in the kitchen. There is no lag or latency whatsoever. I only wished, the Ambeo soundbar had Airplay 2 itself. Then I wouldn‘t need to run the TV when listening to music. But maybe this feature will be added in a future firmware update.

For me, the Ambeo Soundbar definitely is a keeper. And I will sell my old 5.1 setup. Maybe I keep the sub, as I could connect it to the soundbar. But, honestly, I don‘t really feel that is necessary. The bass of the Ambeo is so pronounced and at the same time well integrated.

The only downside so far is that the handshake between my Apple TV 4K and the soundbar doesn‘t always get the codec right. Even with the latest firmware installed (.16) it sometimes falls back to 2 channel PCM. Switching from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 and back usually fixes that. When I set the Apple TV to only decode Dolby Digital 5.1, everything works fine and I even see the Dolby Logo in the smart control app and have the extra controls like dialogue neutralization that don‘t appear when the decoder shows 6 channel PCM. I even have the impression that the sound is more spatial in Dolby Digital 5.1 mode. But that may well be in my fantasy only. And of course I will have to change this setting in the Apple TV whenever I want to listen to an Atmos movie.

Is there anyone else still having the PCM problem with the most recent firmware or is it just me?
I am jealous that you got to just go right to Sennheiser and listen hahahahaha. That is pretty awesome.

Glad to hear more good things about this bar. As a possible future owner, please make sure to report the issues with Apple TV 4K to Sennheiser. That is what I will being using for most of my content and the more that report it the better, plus Sennheiser seems to really listen.
post #807 of 898 Old 09-10-2019, 04:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I am jealous that you got to just go right to Sennheiser and listen hahahahaha. That is pretty awesome.
Indeed, it is. Feels great to just walk into the headquarter‘s store. And they have a really nice building. Great architecture that perfectly matches their high quality gadgets.

Quote:
(…) plus Sennheiser seems to really listen.
They do. I already reported the issues and ideas I came across and got a phone call from them to reach out. That is more than can be expected, I suppose.
post #808 of 898 Old 09-10-2019, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Got it but am not very impressed; also, what subwoofer to get?

I just got the bar installed and calibrated last night; a bit disappointed in the sound...

It replaces a Bose Lifestyle v30 5.1 setup with small cubes installed in the four ceiling corners of the room a small center channel and a subwoofer I hid behind the TV. Sound is better but not by a long shot...

I played the THX intro sound and I could clearly hear all the frequencies harmonize. But it does not sound nearly as good as I would have expected at this price point and I am not getting any surround effects. I miss the rear surround sounds from the Bose rear speakers. I am also getting some boominess/resonance at some frequencies; probably due to room geometry but I thought that would have been taken care of by the microphone calibration. I'll play some more with the settings to see how I can improve the sound. I'll download the Atmos demo files to USB and play them to see how the Atmos effects play out...

I am looking to get a subwoofer to improve the low end. What would be a good match? I am looking at Monoprice Monolith 12" or Definitive Technology SuperCube 4000...

Thanks!

*** UPDATE ***
Sounds much better now, yey! I noticed an installation tip in the app; to make sure the output from TV is set to bypass rather than PCM. Did that and sound is much better with wider stage. I was on the fence but now think this is a keeper.

SHORTCOMINGS: I am disappointed that the OLED display shows the active input (e.g. HDMI 1). I can see how that may be useful when you switch inputs but otherwise the display should really show audio format (e.g. Dolby Plus, Dolby Atmos, etc.) Right now I have to keep my phone handy and open the app to look it up; quite cumbersome. This is more important to know. It flashes briefly when format changes but if you do not pay attention, display changes and there is no way to bring it back on the screen. SUGGESTION: (for Sennheiser) use a remote button to cycle through type of info to display and keep that type unless changed.

NOT INCLUDED: Some posters on this thread mentioned they received an ATMOS demo disc of some kind. My box did not include any demo disc... did yours?

Last edited by Strategerizer; 09-11-2019 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Update
post #809 of 898 Old 09-11-2019, 04:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 197
I should have mine delivered soon not sure how good it will sound as I have not had sound bar before and wife does not want cables/wires in the new house.

I will test it when it arrive as I already have loads of demo discs.

I bought it from a supplier with 30 day return policy just in case I really did not like it.

Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Note 9 using Tapatalk

TV: Sony 65" A1E OLED Surround: Yamaha RXA3070 + Orbs Audio Mod 4/2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Iscan Mini + Darbee 5000S Players: Oppo UDP-203 / Dune Solo 4K / Apple TV 4K / VU+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 10GBE
post #810 of 898 Old 09-11-2019, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I just bought the soundbar but I can’t for the life of me get it to cooperate with my TV. I have an oled b6 and have hooked up the soundbar to the hdmi ARC on the tv with the hdmi cord that came in the box. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page