Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar? - Page 32 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 177Likes
post #931 of 984 Unread 11-08-2019, 06:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar works just fine playing SACD from my Sony UltraHD player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 984 Unread 11-08-2019, 07:08 AM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
I can’t answer your question, but I’d recommend you ask Sennheiser directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have this question too,I just sent a email to Sennheiser.I'll let you know if I get a answer.
post #933 of 984 Unread 11-08-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald Attanasio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
I can’️t answer your question, but I’️d recommend you ask Sennheiser directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have this question too,I just sent a email to Sennheiser.I'll let you know if I get a answer.
I have answered this question and Yes it can play sacd through hdmi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #934 of 984 Unread 11-08-2019, 08:27 AM

Ah, that's excellent news.

I have the Cambridge Audio CXUHD, which doesn't come with analogue outputs.

Thank you all very much for replying so swiftly.
post #935 of 984 Unread 11-09-2019, 05:38 AM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommeregner View Post
I have answered this question and Yes it can play sacd through hdmi
Aye just heard from Sennheiser and they confirmed that it will play SACD and DVD Audio with no problem.
I must say Sennheiser customer service is very good,they answered my question within the hour.
healthnut likes this.
post #936 of 984 Unread 11-16-2019, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 59
The Sennheiser website does not list DTS-HD MA as a supported format. It looks like it supports all other flavors of DTS so why not HD MA? I was considering getting this soundbar, but so much of my movie collection is DTS-HD MA that I may have to pass.
post #937 of 984 Unread 11-16-2019, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
It can play DTS HD MA. Not sure why the website doesn’t list it but I can see the codec listed in the companion app when I play source material that uses DTS HD MA and the logo shows up properly on the unit itself when playback begins.
post #938 of 984 Unread 11-16-2019, 06:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Savona View Post
It can play DTS HD MA. Not sure why the website doesn’t list it but I can see the codec listed in the companion app when I play source material that uses DTS HD MA and the logo shows up properly on the unit itself when playback begins.

Thank you. This wouldn't be the first time a manufacturers website incorrectly stated specs.

Has anyone bought the wall mount that goes with the Ambeo? If so, what were your impressions of mounting difficulty? The instructions for the wall mount imply that additional hardware not included with the mount may be required. Not sure why they wouldn't included all hardware with the mount, but maybe that was a mistake too?
post #939 of 984 Unread 11-19-2019, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
In the app, the only two codec I see when streaming movies from AppleTV 4K is PCM (2 and 6 channel) and Dolby ATMOS.

Should I be seeing more/different codecs?

I really wish I could see the sound format instead of input on the display screen. Does anyone have a contact email? I put in a request via their support website but not confident it went to the right place.
No that is correct for AppleTV4k as it streams PCM.
post #940 of 984 Unread 11-24-2019, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Thinking of getting this soundbar. Only wish was that is had Airplay. Really suprised that is not on this, being such a high end soundbar. Maybe they will add it in the future?

Anyone compare this to the Sonos Playbar and Sub or the Bose 700 Soundbar and Sub? Appreciate any input, before I buy this, as there is no where around my area to try it out.
post #941 of 984 Unread 11-25-2019, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregF2 View Post
Thinking of getting this soundbar. Only wish was that is had Airplay. Really suprised that is not on this, being such a high end soundbar. Maybe they will add it in the future?

Anyone compare this to the Sonos Playbar and Sub or the Bose 700 Soundbar and Sub? Appreciate any input, before I buy this, as there is no where around my area to try it out.
As far as Airplay, I run it with my Apple TV into the soundbar. Sounds great.

Mscarp
post #942 of 984 Unread 11-25-2019, 12:39 PM

Just purchased this today and should have it by Wen. Excited to try it against the Sonos Playbar and Sub on my 77 A9G. Expecting to be great, but we shall see!
Karthus likes this.
post #943 of 984 Unread 11-25-2019, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Well Sonos cannot even handle basic 5.1 audio formats like DTS. That is what prompted me to look for a replacement.

The Ambeo blows it out of the water. I will say the Ambeo bass, on its own, was slightly underwhelming coming from the Sonos sub and I wound up adding an external sub to the Ambeo.
post #944 of 984 Unread 11-25-2019, 02:07 PM

Very true - if I get a sub though, I can't add it wirelessly like a Sonos Sub. Don't want a wires anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glide2flip View Post
Well Sonos cannot even handle basic 5.1 audio formats like DTS. That is what prompted me to look for a replacement.

The Ambeo blows it out of the water. I will say the Ambeo bass, on its own, was slightly underwhelming coming from the Sonos sub and I wound up adding an external sub to the Ambeo.
post #945 of 984 Unread 11-25-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Very true - if I get a sub though, I can't add it wirelessly like a Sonos Sub. Don't want a wires anywhere. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Quote:

You can. It’s just not officially supported.

I believe someone on the forum has a wireless AVS sub attached.
post #946 of 984 Unread 11-25-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
You can. It’s just not officially supported.

I believe someone on the forum has a wireless AVS sub attached.
Interesting. I wonder if I connect my Sonos Sub then? Guessing not.
post #947 of 984 Unread 11-25-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Interesting. I wonder if I connect my Sonos Sub then? Guessing not.
No. Sonos devices are proprietary.
post #948 of 984 Unread 11-26-2019, 01:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Very true - if I get a sub though, I can't add it wirelessly like a Sonos Sub. Don't want a wires anywhere.
I had a svs subwoofer with svs wireless adaptors.

Had to return them as the sub would not activate all the time and most time had to wait for 5min more.

I have gone back to slim wired connection which I need to install back in.

With the subwoofer set to active the soundbar will send any signal under 80hz to the sub.

If you not using the sub the soundbar will handle signal down to 30hz.

Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Note 9 using Tapatalk

TV: Sony 65" A1E OLED Surround: Sennheiser AMBEO + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Iscan Mini + Darbee 5000S Players: Oppo UDP-203 / Dune Solo 4K / Apple TV 4K / VU+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 10GBE
post #949 of 984 Unread 11-26-2019, 04:32 AM

Thanks - how is the soundbar with out a sub? Guess I will know myself tomorrow, as that is when my Ambeo is getting delivered.
post #950 of 984 Unread 11-26-2019, 07:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Thanks - how is the soundbar with out a sub? Guess I will know myself tomorrow, as that is when my Ambeo is getting delivered.
Hi,

It is fine but if you want deep bass then I would recommend a sub.

I have been using it/test it without the sub and find it is fine. I was actually considering using it without the sub but will install it back in due to wanting the deep low bass.

Let is now you opinon of it when you have tested it.

Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Note 9 using Tapatalk

TV: Sony 65" A1E OLED Surround: Sennheiser AMBEO + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Iscan Mini + Darbee 5000S Players: Oppo UDP-203 / Dune Solo 4K / Apple TV 4K / VU+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 10GBE
post #951 of 984 Unread 11-27-2019, 05:24 PM

So, just setup my new Ambeo. Calibrated without an issues. Any tips that others have discovered would be appreciated.

I wish it could tell what you were watching and automatically tune it. That would be neat, instead of having to select what you are watching, like News, Movies, etc... Curious if others are always changing this or just leaving it on a particular setting. I know my wife won't want to keep switching.

Thanks!

Last edited by GregF2; 11-27-2019 at 05:36 PM.
post #952 of 984 Unread 11-27-2019, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Any chance this gets a black Friday discount ???

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
post #953 of 984 Unread 11-28-2019, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
. Nope
post #954 of 984 Unread 11-28-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
. Nope
Haha, why's that ?

Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
post #955 of 984 Unread 11-28-2019, 08:41 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
So, just setup my new Ambeo. Calibrated without an issues. Any tips that others have discovered would be appreciated.

I wish it could tell what you were watching and automatically tune it. That would be neat, instead of having to select what you are watching, like News, Movies, etc... Curious if others are always changing this or just leaving it on a particular setting. I know my wife won't want to keep switching.

Thanks!
So what is your feedback about the delivered sound from this bar ?
post #956 of 984 Unread 11-28-2019, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 26
On my second sound bar. First one had issues with calibration so it was sent back. This one has audio dropouts when playing all sources. Purchased all new audioquest cinneman hdmi cables to verify it wasn't a cable issue. Still has dropouts every minute or so for about a second. Can be annoying when lots of action playing on the screen. Using a LG77C9 oled which has the eARC. Plugged this into the sound bar and then apple tv, cable and blu-ray into each of the hdmi inputs on the soundbar. TV is mounted on wall so this is my preferred setup using one cable to TV. When I tried to hook each device directly to the TV there are no audio dropouts. It would seem the soundbar is unable to switch the devices without audio issues. I am at a loss as to how to make the soundbar work without the dropouts using the sound bar to switch sources. Hard to believe I have another defective unit.
post #957 of 984 Unread 11-29-2019, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjl View Post
On my second sound bar. First one had issues with calibration so it was sent back. This one has audio dropouts when playing all sources. Purchased all new audioquest cinneman hdmi cables to verify it wasn't a cable issue. Still has dropouts every minute or so for about a second. Can be annoying when lots of action playing on the screen. Using a LG77C9 oled which has the eARC. Plugged this into the sound bar and then apple tv, cable and blu-ray into each of the hdmi inputs on the soundbar. TV is mounted on wall so this is my preferred setup using one cable to TV. When I tried to hook each device directly to the TV there are no audio dropouts. It would seem the soundbar is unable to switch the devices without audio issues. I am at a loss as to how to make the soundbar work without the dropouts using the sound bar to switch sources. Hard to believe I have another defective unit.
I sometimes get audio drop-outs when streaming. I mostly stream Netflix and I don't recall if this happens also on Amazon. Most of the times I stream directly from the latest LG65C9.

SOLUTION: What I have done that solves the issue is to re-start the stream (click back once or twice and then play again and see that new playback gets cached and starts playing from where I left off. This solves it. Sometimes though if I click pause it gets to start again the drop-out every few minutes.

Not clear to me whose fault it is... TV, Netflix app, soundbar, cable. Likely not the cable though since I tried different one too and issue gets resolved by restarting the stream since to point to some other point of failure.
post #958 of 984 Unread 11-29-2019, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategerizer View Post
I sometimes get audio drop-outs when streaming. I mostly stream Netflix and I don't recall if this happens also on Amazon. Most of the times I stream directly from the latest LG65C9.

SOLUTION: What I have done that solves the issue is to re-start the stream (click back once or twice and then play again and see that new playback gets cached and starts playing from where I left off. This solves it. Sometimes though if I click pause it gets to start again the drop-out every few minutes.

Not clear to me whose fault it is... TV, Netflix app, soundbar, cable. Likely not the cable though since I tried different one too and issue gets resolved by restarting the stream since to point to some other point of failure.
Thanks for the feed back. At least, I know I'm not the only one noticing this with the C9 oled. I'll probably just hook two cables up to TV; the eARC and one for the streaming device ( apple tv ). After more experimentation, I found the blu-ray player does not have the problem so it can stay in the sound bar. Hope a software update will take care of this in the future.
post #959 of 984 Unread 11-30-2019, 11:52 AM

Does the C9 eArc play well with the Sennheiser Ambeo sound bar's eArc ?

Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
post #960 of 984 Unread 12-02-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjl View Post
I also just started getting audio dropouts. This happens when streaming and watching OTA. Does not happen a lot, but it is annoying when it drops. It is like a quick hiccup. Can't figure what is causing this, since it did not do this when I set it up last week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars