Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar? - Page 50 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 376Likes

post #1471 of 1497 Old 05-17-2020, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked: 1030
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleroll View Post
I have my Ambeo in a small condo and added a SVS SB-1000 with the soundpath isolation feet. Seems to work well isolation wise and the bass is clean and tight after the calibration. Heard the REL at Magnolia but never heard the RSL. The REL will disappear and integrate well. I choose the SVS as it provided a bit more output for movies and sounds good for music as well.

Thanks for weighing in and good to hear about your experience with the SVS, particularly with sound isolation. I’ll need to look into this further, thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
doubleroll likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 1497 Old 05-18-2020, 04:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
Thanks for weighing in and good to hear about your experience with the SVS, particularly with sound isolation. I’ll need to look into this further, thanks again

Have my ambeo hooked up to a Rythmik L12 on a subdude in a NYC apartment. Really happy with the sound and the isolation.
post #1473 of 1497 Old 05-18-2020, 05:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmask5 View Post
Anyone have issues with the app not being able to find the soundbar. When I first set things up everything worked fine with the app. Now the app refuses to find the sound bar. Might be my phone. Although it does work when i unplug and replug the sound bar.

EDIT**Figured it out. Installed it on my Nvidia Shield and now works every time.

I found that Bluetooth connection to a cell phone always resets when my wife wipes the dust off the soundbar. It's the effect of an electrostatic discharge on the surface of the soundbar that resets the setting (faulty grounding)!!! I always have to disconnect Soundbar from power (from wall socked), wait about 20 minutes and reconnect and reset everything. Then it works again until the woman clears the dust. I guess I'll have to work out the grounding of the plastic cabinet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1474 of 1497 Old 05-18-2020, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Coane View Post
Have my ambeo hooked up to a Rythmik L12 on a subdude in a NYC apartment. Really happy with the sound and the isolation.

Thanks for your input. Ryrhmik does make a good product, very clean and musical. Thanks also for confirming the effectiveness of the subdude.

Jesse Coane likes this.
post #1475 of 1497 Old 05-18-2020, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Has any owner (for at least 6 months) that has no issue with either the calibration mike or centre channel? I'm seriously looking at the Ambeo. The sound quality seems to be excellent, but I'm concerned about all the problems I'm reading online.
post #1476 of 1497 Old 05-18-2020, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by @[email protected] View Post
Has any owner (for at least 6 months) that has no issue with either the calibration mike or centre channel? I'm seriously looking at the Ambeo. The sound quality seems to be excellent, but I'm concerned about all the problems I'm reading online.

Mine has worked flawlessly. Any issues I’ve had were my fault. I recognize that some have had problems, but I don’t believe there’s anything better than this out there right now. Also, I’ve found Sennheiser to be very responsive to questions/concerns. I’d also recommend buying from a reputable dealer, such as Crutchfield, who will support you if you do run into problems.

post #1477 of 1497 Old 05-18-2020, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Remember, most posts you see online are going to be from people having issues.

Last edited by Synomenon; 05-18-2020 at 03:38 PM.
post #1478 of 1497 Old 05-18-2020, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:

I know I don't fall into the category of an owner who hasn't had any issues in the last 6 months, but to put things into perspective (mine anyway), if I had to do it all over again I would. I have yet to hear a soundbar that sounds as good as this one. An added benefit is that it can also take the place of an AVR if you have 3 or fewer sources in your system because it can decode pretty much every audio codec out there, which is something no other soundbar that I've seen or read about can say.
post #1479 of 1497 Old 05-18-2020, 03:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
I have my Ambeo for about 5 months and no issue but don’t regularly use it as it’s in a second home. What’s interesting is the euro AV Forums Sennheiser thread, while less popular than this one, has little to no mention of issues. Probably just due to ratio of users but just an observation. It absolutely is the best Soundbar I have heard by far...fingers crossed mine stays healthy.
post #1480 of 1497 Old 05-19-2020, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I too had the muffled center channel issue, and had to ship my unit back to Sennheiser. I was a first-wave owner (see my review much earlier in the thread) so it was not too surprising.

What is the typical turn-around time in these odd times from shipping of defective unit till receipt of replacement unit?
post #1481 of 1497 Old 05-19-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murtagh View Post
I too had the muffled center channel issue, and had to ship my unit back to Sennheiser. I was a first-wave owner (see my review much earlier in the thread) so it was not too surprising.

What is the typical turn-around time in these odd times from shipping of defective unit till receipt of replacement unit?
It sounds like Sennheiser Canada isn't even processing returns and exchanges right now. Not sure about the US.
post #1482 of 1497 Old 05-20-2020, 02:36 PM

Today my dealer brought me a new AMBEO Soundbar at home. I have instal it, switch on, calibrated...
everything works as it should !!! Great servis and support from czech dealer!!!
healthnut likes this.
post #1483 of 1497 Old 05-21-2020, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Could someone help me out.......I keep getting the firmware update on the app to select later or install now and it will not update after selecting install now. Bar is connected ethernet.
post #1484 of 1497 Old 05-21-2020, 04:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamajama15 View Post
Could someone help me out.......I keep getting the firmware update on the app to select later or install now and it will not update after selecting install now. Bar is connected ethernet.
Strange mine updated automatically but you can try doing it manually by usb:
https://assets.sennheiser.com/global...ar_EN_1023.pdf
Bamajama15 likes this.

Last edited by doubleroll; 05-22-2020 at 04:23 AM.
post #1485 of 1497 Old 05-22-2020, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamajama15 View Post

In my mind it is update of application in mobile, not for soundbar!
Bamajama15 likes this.
post #1486 of 1497 Old 05-22-2020, 02:42 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar?

So ....

My ambeo came back from sennheiser with the muffled voice problem ... fixed !

It’s the same bar with an hardware remplacement inside

But ....

Now I can’t add my smartphones ( I tried two ) to control it with Bluetooth ....

I can’t authenticate the connection

When I need to push 2 buttons during two seconds it’s not working .... so I can’t use the app to control the ambeo

I applied the last update, did a reset ... same

There is a other way to authenticate it ?
post #1487 of 1497 Old 05-22-2020, 07:03 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btbw03 View Post
So ....

My ambeo came back from sennheiser with the muffled voice problem ... fixed !

It’s the same bar with an hardware remplacement inside

But ....

Now I can’t add my smartphones ( I tried two ) to control it with Bluetooth ....

I can’t authenticate the connection

When I need to push 2 buttons during two seconds it’s not working .... so I can’t use the app to control the ambeo

I applied the last update, did a reset ... same

There is a other way to authenticate it ?
Hi, as mostly happy owner of this beast of a soundbard; I have also noticed very different qualities in the center channel / voices. Sometimes they feel like canned, lower bitrate etc, but sometimes not!
I have a LG C965 Oled, and I was fiddling with some options while watching a new Netflix movie and got the weird dialog. I then did this, disabling eARC (but keeping ARC), and something happened, I actually think the center channel / speech got better?!
This was not a Atmos movie anyways, also I am not sure eARC has any benefits for Netflix just yet. For XBOX likely, but I have not tested this there.

Anyone else should also try that one.
post #1488 of 1497 Old 05-22-2020, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 5
You will soon have the muffled central channel, it start likes this, be prepared !
post #1489 of 1497 Old 05-22-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btbw03 View Post
You will soon have the muffled central channel, it start likes this, be prepared !
The point was that it could be different / certain codecs does this and somehow turning eARC off might fix it. But it could be it was one instance.
post #1490 of 1497 Old 05-22-2020, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sennheiser sent me an "Acknowledge of receipt" that they have received my defective Ambeo on 5/21. We'll see how long it takes them to send me a replacement/repaired unit. I was told that the US service center is open, though with reduced staff.
doubleroll likes this.
post #1491 of 1497 Old 05-23-2020, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Unhappy Random piercing pop noises

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I sometimes get loud pop noises sound randomly. Usually happens on higher format soundtracks. Once it starts, they keep sounding more often. What usually fixes it for some time is to back out of the stream and restart it. It also happens when playing off DVD. Some of my devices are plugged directly into my LG OLED C9 TV, some are plugged into the AMBEO and then going to the TV via eARC.

No muffle sound issue here, just these pop noises. They are very loud, sometimes scaring/jarring and concerning that the speaker may blow out...
post #1492 of 1497 Old 05-26-2020, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Anyone else feel like the smart control app is failing to connect more often? Have to pull the plug in the bar to get it to connect a lot these days.
post #1493 of 1497 Old 05-26-2020, 07:34 PM

Try reserving an IP for the soundbar in your router's settings and if possible, go into the soundbar's settings to assign it that reserved address.
post #1494 of 1497 Old 05-28-2020, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I received a shipping notice yesterday for the return of my defective Ambeo. The notice makes no mention of any work that was done so I have no idea if they repaired my unit and are sending it back or if they are sending a brand new unit. I'll post an update when it arrives to let everyone know how it worked out.
post #1495 of 1497 Old 05-28-2020, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Update on my situation. Took jmask5's advice and called Crutchfield, as I thought Sennheiser Canada's response (ship us your defective bar, but don't expect us to tell you when we will reopen and fix it for you) was crap customer service for a product priced pretty much higher than anyone else's. Crutchfield shipped me a new bar before I had even had a chance to return the defective one.

The night before I planned to ship back the defective unit, I was awoken at about 2 am by a strong, electrical burning smell. Long story short, it was the defective soundbar attempting to catch itself on fire. The right side of the unit was too hot to touch, visibly smoking. Thankfully, no fire resulted, and by some miracle there was no damage to the wooden entertainment cabinet it was resting on.

A couple of days later the new 'bar arrived. So far it has performed fine. Needless to say, I am VERY nervous about the new 'bar as well: it is one thing to have a well documented defect with the centre channel becoming muffled, but quite another thing to have this product try to immolate itself.

Let's just say that I am trying to be reasonable and open minded, to give Sennheiser a second chance, but with a healthy dose of skepticism, and a caution to fellow forum members to 'be alert' for overheating issues!
post #1496 of 1497 Old 05-28-2020, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I am wondering if all these heat issues is due to usage of plastic. Wouldn't wooden enclosures make more sense?

Epson TW9400 / 6050UB 4K HDR Projector, Panasonic DX-902B 4K HDR TV, Panasonic UB820 UHD Player and Vero 4K+ OSMC Media Player
post #1497 of 1497 Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I just added a pair of REL 1003 subs and man do they deliver the goods! Despite my adding sound isolation feet from SVS, still got a complaint from a neighbor (I’m in a condo) so next step is to add a 50hz high pass filter. They blend very well with the Ambeo after calibration just need to dial it down a bit. If you’re looking for a sub and don’t have issues of neighbors close by, this is a great choice!

doubleroll likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page