Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar? - Page 52 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 400Likes

post #1531 of 1562 Old 06-15-2020, 02:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1033 Post(s)
Liked: 1045
I also found the calibration to produce great results with my dual REL subs. Adding subs truly takes the Ambeo to the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
doubleroll likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1562 Old 06-17-2020, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 14
In the market for an all in one soundbar for my newly finished basement. Wife gave me the green light as long as it’s an all in one (she doesn’t want front, center and rear speakers) Been reading several sites and lists and the Ambeo keeps coming back as the best all in one that money can buy. Do you all still think that true? Or is there upcoming or recent 2020 competition?

Wish I would’ve been around a little sooner for that NM 30% sale...

LG 77GX OLED / Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar / Sony PS4 Pro / Belkin CNS08-T-06
post #1533 of 1562 Old 06-18-2020, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1033 Post(s)
Liked: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21 View Post
In the market for an all in one soundbar for my newly finished basement. Wife gave me the green light as long as it’s an all in one (she doesn’t want front, center and rear speakers) Been reading several sites and lists and the Ambeo keeps coming back as the best all in one that money can buy. Do you all still think that true? Or is there upcoming or recent 2020 competition?

Wish I would’ve been around a little sooner for that NM 30% sale...

While I continue to believe the Ambeo is the best one box solution currently available, if you have a newer TV (with eARC), i’d at least consider the new Sonos Arc. I’m considering it for a new bedroom setup and it’s far less expensive than the Ambeo.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1534 of 1562 Old 06-19-2020, 12:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
After reading through this forum I believe I have the same issue others have described. When I enabled ambeo the center channel sounds very muddy. With ambeo disabled everything works fine, but I don't get the benefits of having it on!

I bought the soundbar from crutchfield and originally reached out to them before being directed to Sennheiser. I've been unable to get in contact with anyone so far. Does anyone have any tips for getting through to someone? Does this sound like a hardware issue? The weird thing is that everything sounds fine with ambeo off.

Thanks!
post #1535 of 1562 Old 06-19-2020, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Gordy View Post
After reading through this forum I believe I have the same issue others have described. When I enabled ambeo the center channel sounds very muddy. With ambeo disabled everything works fine, but I don't get the benefits of having it on!

I bought the soundbar from crutchfield and originally reached out to them before being directed to Sennheiser. I've been unable to get in contact with anyone so far. Does anyone have any tips for getting through to someone? Does this sound like a hardware issue? The weird thing is that everything sounds fine with ambeo off.

Thanks!

Your problem description matches perfectly with the issue I and others have had with this soundbar. Have you tried emailing Sennheiser support at [email protected]? They are usually very responsive.
Ryan Gordy likes this.

Last edited by K_Thompson; 06-19-2020 at 03:05 PM.
post #1536 of 1562 Old 06-21-2020, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Been tossing up getting a system or a soundbar over the past few months. Some reviews state that it passes hdr10+ while an email I received from Sennheiser states it doesn't. Have any owners got any information on this? I have a Panasonic tv and 4k blu ray player that passes both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. From what I have read the front sound stage is pretty good would be enough for me. If I went this soundbar I would get an SVS2000.

Cheers
post #1537 of 1562 Old 06-22-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Thompson View Post
Your problem description matches perfectly with the issue I and others have had with this soundbar. Have you tried emailing Sennheiser support at ? They are usually very responsive.
They finally responded (IDK why I had such a hard time; it seems like others received responses pretty quickly). It has been a SLOW and painful "troubleshooting" process so far. I can only get them to reply once per day. They send me things to try, I do them immediately and email them back, and then I wait until the next day to hear back again. I'm hopeful this is the last run around as I've tested transmission via ARC as well as every input and varied devices/cables.

Most recently they had me check the hardware lights that you see if you look down from above into the grill. I couldn't help but wonder why we didn't start with that when they advised it would let them know if there was a hardware issue (as I initially told them it looked like, based on my readings here).

I see three lights (or three zones, there may be a couple of lights in each "pod"). The left is green, the middle is orange, and the right is red. Could someone do me a favor and tell me what colors you have?
post #1538 of 1562 Old 06-22-2020, 08:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
They finally responded (IDK why I had such a hard time; it seems like others received responses pretty quickly). It has been a SLOW and painful "troubleshooting" process so far. I can only get them to reply once per day. They send me things to try, I do them immediately and email them back, and then I wait until the next day to hear back again. I'm hopeful this is the last run around as I've tested transmission via ARC as well as every input and varied devices/cables.

Most recently they had me check the hardware lights that you see if you look down from above into the grill. I couldn't help but wonder why we didn't start with that when they advised it would let them know if there was a hardware issue (as I initially told them it looked like, based on my readings here).

I see three lights (or three zones, there may be a couple of lights in each "pod"). The left is green, the middle is orange, and the right is red. Could someone do me a favor and tell me what colors you have?

I never thought about checking the lights. On mine left is green, middle is orange and right is also orange. The right hand light is also rapidly blinking. Don't know what that means.
post #1539 of 1562 Old 06-23-2020, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im thinking of getting a SVS PC-2000 to go with the bar. This is my first sub purchase and I have a few questions. Is it ok to leave it in standby mode. Will the ambeo wake the sub from standby automatically when a signal is sent to it. I see that the sub has a place for a 1/8" trigger cable to wake it but there is no such output on the soundbar. I dont want to have to walk over and wake the sub or turn it on every time I use it. Also is a single RCA cable all I need to hook it up? I was thinking this one. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=21679 Thanks.

One last question if anyone has the SVS PC-2000 with the ambeo how do you have your dials set? Id like a starting place.
post #1540 of 1562 Old 06-23-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I never thought about checking the lights. On mine left is green, middle is orange and right is also orange. The right hand light is also rapidly blinking. Don't know what that means.
I heard back this morning and they are going to have me mail it in for a warranty fix. Wish we could have done this days ago lol, but at least it will get fixed.
post #1541 of 1562 Old 06-23-2020, 04:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I heard back this morning and they are going to have me mail it in for a warranty fix. Wish we could have done this days ago lol, but at least it will get fixed.

Glad to hear they are taking care of your issue. I'd be interested to know it they actually repair your unit or if they just send you a replacement. They sent me a replacement which was obviously not a brand new unit. I was never able to get a straight answer from them whether or not it was defective and had been repaired or it was just an open box that had been returned for a refund. I'm hoping it is a repaired unit so I don't have to worry about this happening again.
post #1542 of 1562 Old 06-26-2020, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muell67 View Post
Im thinking of getting a SVS PC-2000 to go with the bar. This is my first sub purchase and I have a few questions. Is it ok to leave it in standby mode. Will the ambeo wake the sub from standby automatically when a signal is sent to it. I see that the sub has a place for a 1/8" trigger cable to wake it but there is no such output on the soundbar. I dont want to have to walk over and wake the sub or turn it on every time I use it. Also is a single RCA cable all I need to hook it up? I was thinking this one. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=21679 Thanks.

One last question if anyone has the SVS PC-2000 with the ambeo how do you have your dials set? Id like a starting place.
I have the SB-1000 so this may not be exact but my dials are:
Phase = 0
Low Pass = LFE
Gain at 12 o’clock

The room correction should do a nice job of integrating the sub...
post #1543 of 1562 Old 06-27-2020, 09:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muell67 View Post

I have the SVS PC-2000 and I leave it in standby mode all the time. It wakes up as soon as it gets a signal from the Ambeo. I don't use the trigger. Yes, you just need a single RCA cable to connect it to the Ambeo. I purchased the one they sell on the SVS website when I bought the sub. My dials are set the same as doubleroll's.
post #1544 of 1562 Old 06-28-2020, 06:23 AM

Waiting for another sale somewhere to get this under <$2k but when it comes to wall mounting.. Are there requirements, or recommendations, for minimum height above console or minimum height below TV that the bar should be mounted? Tried poking around online and at the mounting instructions but didn't see anything.

post #1545 of 1562 Old 06-29-2020, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Have an issue only with my Apple TV. When I play a program, about half the time it plays without the center channel and I have to stop and restart the program to get it to kick in. Apple TV is connected to the ambeo directly. This hasn’t happened with my TVs smart apps through arc or anything else. Trying to figure out if it is an Apple TV issue or an ambeo issue. Anyone else have that problem.
post #1546 of 1562 Old 06-29-2020, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Coane View Post
Have an issue only with my Apple TV. When I play a program, about half the time it plays without the center channel and I have to stop and restart the program to get it to kick in. Apple TV is connected to the ambeo directly. This hasn’t happened with my TVs smart apps through arc or anything else. Trying to figure out if it is an Apple TV issue or an ambeo issue. Anyone else have that problem.
Yes I have seen this exact issue but it very random. I only have an Apple TV connected but like you I never noticed with internal TV Apps. However I use Apple TV much more than the TV Apps...
post #1547 of 1562 Old 06-29-2020, 09:46 AM

Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleroll View Post
Yes I have seen this exact issue but it very random. I only have an Apple TV connected but like you I never noticed with internal TV Apps. However I use Apple TV much more than the TV Apps...

Glad I’m not alone. “Half the time” might be a bit of an exaggeration, but seems to be happening more and more. Gonna reach out to Sennheiser about it.
doubleroll likes this.

Last edited by Jesse Coane; 06-30-2020 at 05:20 AM.
post #1548 of 1562 Old 06-29-2020, 08:56 PM

I see that Nieman Marcus has the Ambeo back in stock for $2500 on their website again. Hoping they run a sale for 4th of July. Do you guys sign up for the mailing list to see sales? Or would it just be listed on the product page if there’s an applicable sale?

post #1549 of 1562 Old 06-30-2020, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21 View Post
I see that Nieman Marcus has the Ambeo back in stock for $2500 on their website again. Hoping they run a sale for 4th of July. Do you guys sign up for the mailing list to see sales? Or would it just be listed on the product page if there’s an applicable sale?

I would sign up for the newsletter just to make sure I didn't miss out. You can always unsubscribe latter. Are they still offering 15% off for signing up?
post #1550 of 1562 Old 06-30-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
I would sign up for the newsletter just to make sure I didn't miss out. You can always unsubscribe latter. Are they still offering 15% off for signing up?

They are. I was planning to wait for another 20-30% sale and then try my luck at also using the 15%. Long shot, but worth a try.

post #1551 of 1562 Old 07-01-2020, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan001 View Post
For anyone interested, Neiman Marcus has 30% off going on right now. I am told you can not combine with the 15% off one time order for joining their email list. but would take it from $2499.99 to $1750.

I was able to get an adjustment to my order which refunded me $624.00 to my credit card. Now, I don't have to wait six to eight weeks for a $600.00 gift card. So, I ended up paying $1648.73 inc tax. I talked them into giving me 10% on top of the 30%. But, that is a one time deal. You can try speaking to a Supervisor and may have some luck.
I'm keeping an eye on NM for their next big sale. How did you convince them to do the 30 + 10?

post #1552 of 1562 Old 07-07-2020, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Has anyone been able to fix the issue where the center channel is muffled when ambeo surround is on? I’ve contacted support and they are having me check settings on my Apple TV but I don’t think the issue is there. This problem started with the center channel disappearing occasionally, started happening more frequently and now the center channel just constantly stays muffled.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
post #1553 of 1562 Old 07-08-2020, 01:44 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryekar View Post
Been tossing up getting a system or a soundbar over the past few months. Some reviews state that it passes hdr10+ while an email I received from Sennheiser states it doesn't. Have any owners got any information on this? I have a Panasonic tv and 4k blu ray player that passes both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. From what I have read the front sound stage is pretty good would be enough for me. If I went this soundbar I would get an SVS2000.

Cheers
Hi,

I've been asked this question on AV forums and i confirm and tested it out on oppo clone and samsung Q90r display the ambeo passes HDR 10+

grtz
post #1554 of 1562 Old 07-08-2020, 04:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot707.i View Post
Has anyone been able to fix the issue where the center channel is muffled when ambeo surround is on? I’ve contacted support and they are having me check settings on my Apple TV but I don’t think the issue is there. This problem started with the center channel disappearing occasionally, started happening more frequently and now the center channel just constantly stays muffled.

Sounds like the same issue many others have reported in this forum. From my understanding, the unit will need to be returned to Sennheiser for repairs unfortunately...
post #1555 of 1562 Old 07-08-2020, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Update: I've had my replacement soundbar for about 6 weeks now. So far so good, with no return of the dreaded centre channel issue (there, I've just cursed myself). The only issue has been 2 occasions of the bar spontaneously selecting a different video input on power up, from the one it was turned off with, resulting in a brief panic on each occasion until my level headed side took over and decided to check the front display.

Fingers crossed...
doubleroll likes this.
post #1556 of 1562 Old 07-08-2020, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrot707.i View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleroll View Post
Sounds like the same issue many others have reported in this forum. From my understanding, the unit will need to be returned to Sennheiser for repairs unfortunately...

+1. Your only options are repair or replacement.
Synomenon likes this.
post #1557 of 1562 Old 07-08-2020, 06:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archibald Haddock View Post
Update: I've had my replacement soundbar for about 6 weeks now. So far so good, with no return of the dreaded centre channel issue (there, I've just cursed myself). The only issue has been 2 occasions of the bar spontaneously selecting a different video input on power up, from the one it was turned off with, resulting in a brief panic on each occasion until my level headed side took over and decided to check the front display.

Fingers crossed...

My replacement unit has been working fine as well. Hope it stays that way.
doubleroll and Synomenon like this.
post #1558 of 1562 Old 07-08-2020, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
My replacement unit has been working fine as well. Hope it stays that way.

+1 My replacement is working great. My first one started exhibiting the muffled center channel issue after four months and I've only have the replacement three months so we'll see...
post #1559 of 1562 Old Today, 11:42 AM

Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar?

Just got the muffled center channel. Sucks. Power cycled and it’s better, but it’s probably only a matter of time right?

Last edited by Jesse Coane; Today at 11:51 AM.
post #1560 of 1562 Old Today, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Coane View Post
Just got the muffled center channel. Sucks. Power cycled and it’s better, but it’s probably only a matter of time right?
Man this has me very concerned as I have not been able to use my Ambeo due to COVID travel restrictions...UGH wonde what I will find when I find when I finally get back to the condo...

Good Luck and let us know how the repair goes...lucky I saved my box!
Synomenon likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page