1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kid Poker

post #1 of 19 Old 01-30-2018, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Vizio SB3651-E6

I have been using the Vizio SB3651-E6 for about a month now and I am really enjoying it. I am still trying to fiddle with the sound, hoping to improve the quality. I was wondering if anyone would like to share their speaker level settings, bass, treble, etc.

I currently have Bass and Treble set one dot from the top
Center i have set two dots above the default
surround: I have set at the default (Two dots lit)
surround balance: I have set at the default (To dots lit)
sub-woofer: I have set 3 dots up from the default.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 01-30-2018, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Great thread, but one suggestion I may add. Include source, connection type and EQ setting. I know this affects the output greatly!

Will write mine down when I get home!
post #3 of 19 Old 01-31-2018, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guacamoleparty View Post
Great thread, but one suggestion I may add. Include source, connection type and EQ setting. I know this affects the output greatly!

Will write mine down when I get home!
That would be awesome if you did!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 01-31-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocxjg View Post
That would be awesome if you did!
No worries. This is my first surround sound setup so some of the settings may be bias (or so I feel). Which goes without saying and additionally, room bias is a factor etc.

I have the bar hooked up directly to my Xbox One X with the Optical input. From the Xbox, I've tried the two available options of Dolby Digital and DTS, and they're a little different in subtle ways (but mainly bass output) from what I have noticed. I can get into those details etc.

On the bar itself, I have the device set to EQirect (which I hear is the best way to set it up). Im not sure what the other two EQs do, other than what is mentioned in the manual, but direct is apparently one of the few ways to get 'true' 5.1. Correct me if I am wrong.

Additionally, the sub is very powerful/boomy loud so I generally turn it down a lot - from the default two dots, I go about 7 clicks? Or two bright dots down. I also turn the surround output down until the first bright glow dot below the two double dots. Otherwise it seems a little TOO much from the left and right - which again may be my bias. I have experimented with turning up the center channel slightly, but I have not fully committed to that.

Lastly, I have eco mode off, truvolume off, and surround on. There is also the other power save mode? Where you hold down two buttons but I do not know how that is different from eco mode etc.
I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions!
post #5 of 19 Old 02-01-2018, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
No worries. This is my first surround sound setup so some of the settings may be bias (or so I feel). Which goes without saying and additionally, room bias is a factor etc.

I have the bar hooked up directly to my Xbox One X with the Optical input. From the Xbox, I've tried the two available options of Dolby Digital and DTS, and they're a little different in subtle ways (but mainly bass output) from what I have noticed. I can get into those details etc.

On the bar itself, I have the device set to EQirect (which I hear is the best way to set it up). Im not sure what the other two EQs do, other than what is mentioned in the manual, but direct is apparently one of the few ways to get 'true' 5.1. Correct me if I am wrong.

Additionally, the sub is very powerful/boomy loud so I generally turn it down a lot - from the default two dots, I go about 7 clicks? Or two bright dots down. I also turn the surround output down until the first bright glow dot below the two double dots. Otherwise it seems a little TOO much from the left and right - which again may be my bias. I have experimented with turning up the center channel slightly, but I have not fully committed to that.

Lastly, I have eco mode off, truvolume off, and surround on. There is also the other power save mode? Where you hold down two buttons but I do not know how that is different from eco mode etc.
This was great stuff...Just curious...what levels do you have your bass and treble set to?
post #6 of 19 Old 02-01-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
This was great stuff...Just curious...what levels do you have your bass and treble set to?
I havent changed those at all, but now I am curious how it effects the overall sound signature. I may also switch it to 'Movie' EQ because the 'Direct' sound is just waay to much bass.
post #7 of 19 Old 02-11-2018, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Anyone know why the sound bar disconnects from the TV if I for example pause a movie for a few minutes?? I have to reestablish an HDMIARC connection and it gets pretty damn annoying. Aside from this issue the sound quality of the sound bar is absolutely amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 19 Old 02-24-2020, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:

when i set it to direct even with surround on my satelites turn off?
gpolly1 likes this.
post #9 of 19 Old 02-24-2020, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensingtonwick View Post
Anyone know why the sound bar disconnects from the TV if I for example pause a movie for a few minutes?? I have to reestablish an HDMIARC connection and it gets pretty damn annoying. Aside from this issue the sound quality of the sound bar is absolutely amazing!

maybe its turning off because of the power saving mode?
post #10 of 19 Old 03-06-2020, 09:16 AM

Good Info! All my audio settings are at the default. I have heard that EQ Direct has the best true 5.1, but it seems that no sound comes out of my surround speakers, so I set the EQ to Movie. Does anyone know why I'm not getting any surround sound on EQ Direct?
post #11 of 19 Old 03-06-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Poker View Post
when i set it to direct even with surround on my satelites turn off?
Mine do too, what's up with that?
post #12 of 19 Old 03-17-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I have been using the Vizio SB3651-E6 for about a month now and I am really enjoying it. I am still trying to fiddle with the sound, hoping to improve the quality. I was wondering if anyone would like to share their speaker level settings, bass, treble, etc.

I currently have Bass and Treble set one dot from the top
Center i have set two dots above the default
surround: I have set at the default (Two dots lit)
surround balance: I have set at the default (To dots lit)
sub-woofer: I have set 3 dots up from the default.

Thanks
just try to make volumes as close to equal as possible home cinema is 75 decibals you can get many apps that measures decibals on ios or android usually your subs should be at 80 decibals just think of it as a band you dont want john lennon over powering paul and vice versa but of course your speaker locations play a role as well essential you want to have the soundbar and satelites the same distance to the listener if possible. sub i would put in the front of the room as apposed to where vizio recommends it in the back!! to much isolated sound that way i find oh and keep it on direct eq as direct doesnt add anything its mean to be as the directors intended. although direct disables the satelites depending on the source. mainly cable tv
but yea direct sounds so much better when streaming or blu ray

but again not evrythings set in stone just mess around
post #13 of 19 Old 03-17-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Poker View Post
just try to make volumes as close to equal as possible home cinema is 75 decibals you can get many apps that measures decibals on ios or android usually your subs should be at 80 decibals just think of it as a band you dont want john lennon over powering paul and vice versa but of course your speaker locations play a role as well essential you want to have the soundbar and satelites the same distance to the listener if possible. sub i would put in the front of the room as apposed to where vizio recommends it in the back!! to much isolated sound that way i find oh and keep it on direct eq as direct doesnt add anything its mean to be as the directors intended. although direct disables the satelites depending on the source. mainly cable tv

oh and make sure surround sound is always on otherwise youll get 2.1 in direct
post #14 of 19 Old 03-17-2020, 10:55 AM

oh and dont upgrade the firmware with the app 2.6 keep the 1.0.8.1 as 2.6 reportedly is very very buggy
post #15 of 19 Old 03-17-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:

yea my sub even on 0 settings doesnt turn off unlike the 2.1 but yea even with it off sounds great on high certain scenese cause to much rattle if u want to test it try the destruction of jedha scene in roque one
post #16 of 19 Old 03-17-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolly1 View Post
Mine do too, what's up with that?
its the format of the source of the audio its just the way it is regardless direct sounds better more bass but thats just me
post #17 of 19 Old 03-17-2020, 10:59 AM

plus direct is actually audio from the source movie and music add stuff to the audio which isnt intended by the director this from vizio on line chat
post #18 of 19 Old 03-17-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensingtonwick View Post

maybe its the power save feature?
post #19 of 19 Old 03-17-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpolly1 View Post
Good Info! All my audio settings are at the default. I have heard that EQ Direct has the best true 5.1, but it seems that no sound comes out of my surround speakers, so I set the EQ to Movie. Does anyone know why I'm not getting any surround sound on EQ Direct?

depends on the source ie cable tv will disable the satelites when set to direct because its not surround i find direct sounds better more bass even with sat's disabled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page