Samsung K-850 Dolby Atmos Issue - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-07-2018, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Samsung K-850 Dolby Atmos Issue

New to the forum. I have a Samsung k-850 Dolby Atmos soundbar that I have owned since late last year that I still have yet to hear Atmos on at home. Here is my set up:

Sharp Aquos LC-70UE30U TV; Samsung K-850 Soundbar; Xbox One X Multi Use Device (DVD, stream, etc.); Xfinity Comcast for Cable.

I have my Xfinity & Xbox passing through my Samsung K-850. I understand that I will not get Dolby Atmos out of Xfinity, but, my Xbox One X does support Dolby Atmos audio. I have downloaded the Dolby Atmos app. through the Xbox and have changed the settings to what is suggested by the app. and get zero sound. The Xbox states an error and says that I do not have an Atmos supported soundbar. I have attempted to run Xbox & Xfinity through the TV and get an error through the Atmos (Xbox app.) that basically says that is a no go also. It actually not even let me make the necessary changes to the Xbox audio settings. I have the soundbar connected to my TV via the TV ARC ports from both the soundbar & the TV. I do have sound on a regular basis, but, I do not get any Atmos audio when I place a Blu Ray disc. that has Atmos audio. I have been on the phone with both Xbox & Samsung and have gotten no resolution. Any help would be much appreciated. I know that there are others with my issue.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-08-2018, 01:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullydawg0511 View Post
New to the forum. I have a Samsung k-850 Dolby Atmos soundbar that I have owned since late last year that I still have yet to hear Atmos on at home. Here is my set up:

Sharp Aquos LC-70UE30U TV; Samsung K-850 Soundbar; Xbox One X Multi Use Device (DVD, stream, etc.); Xfinity Comcast for Cable.

I have my Xfinity & Xbox passing through my Samsung K-850. I understand that I will not get Dolby Atmos out of Xfinity, but, my Xbox One X does support Dolby Atmos audio. I have downloaded the Dolby Atmos app. through the Xbox and have changed the settings to what is suggested by the app. and get zero sound. The Xbox states an error and says that I do not have an Atmos supported soundbar. I have attempted to run Xbox & Xfinity through the TV and get an error through the Atmos (Xbox app.) that basically says that is a no go also. It actually not even let me make the necessary changes to the Xbox audio settings. I have the soundbar connected to my TV via the TV ARC ports from both the soundbar & the TV. I do have sound on a regular basis, but, I do not get any Atmos audio when I place a Blu Ray disc. that has Atmos audio. I have been on the phone with both Xbox & Samsung and have gotten no resolution. Any help would be much appreciated. I know that there are others with my issue.

Thanks in advance.
Seems like an xbonex issue. https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc...test-oled-tvs/

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page