Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-07-2018, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Arrow Soundbar 300-450€ ($)

Hi guys!

I'd like to upgrade my audio tv (samsung full hd tv at the moment, 4K in the next future). I mainly use PS4, netflix, nowtv.
After I read several reviews, the Yamaha yas207 seemed perfect for my needs, however several users reported a problem with sub and dialogues, so I discarded it.

Considering my budget I found:

-sony ht nt5
-jbl bar 3.1
-panasonic all70t
-samsung hw651

An interesting option is the yamaha yas107 + yamaha sub sw012 (or sw100??). This combination costs 329-380€ and I read that is better than the yas207 itself.
Do you think that one of the above soundbars is much better of yas107+sub?

Thank you for any suggestions

Davide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-09-2018, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Hi Davide, We have the HT-NT5 and are pretty happy with it. And whilst not familiar with those others you're considering abv, I think the NT5 (may?) have more features with higher/better specs, such as 'High Resolution' audio - Surround Sound Supported: DTS-ES, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS 96/24, Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and Wi-Fi built-in, etc.

I know it's a little on the more pricey side, and lacking a true center channel (a very knowledgeable senior member here informed me the config is often referred to as a 'phantom center'), and only 400 watts, etc, but 3 months on....it's been great so far, for us, as our first external tv audio system. Although it seems like these days, one never knows how far, so far, will last.
Moreover, after adding the SRS-ZR5 wireless surrounds to the NT5, whilst stumbling our way thru a minor sync setting adjustment, we've been super pleased with the 4.1 [phantom 5.1] surround sound quality, hence beginning to really appreciate the immersive qualities of surround sound.
It's our first soundbar, so we're newbies to tv external audio, but just saying you may want to take a closer or second look at the NT5 vs. the others (ie- checkout the CNET - HT-NT5 review); (at some retailers, $400 when bundled w/Sony tv).

More info at: Sony website - HT-NT5

Last edited by WinMod21; 02-09-2018 at 07:46 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-09-2018, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinMod21 View Post
Hi Davide, We have the HT-NT5 and are pretty happy with it. And whilst not familiar with those others you're considering abv, I think the NT5 (may?) have more features with higher/better specs, such as 'High Resolution' audio - Surround Sound Supported: DTS-ES, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS 96/24, Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and Wi-Fi built-in, etc.

I know it's a little on the more pricey side, and lacking a true center channel (a very knowledgeable senior member here informed me the config is often referred to as a 'phantom center'), and only 400 watts, etc, but 3 months on....it's been great so far, for us, as our first external tv audio system. Although it seems like these days, one never knows how far, so far, will last.
Moreover, after adding the wireless surrounds to the NT5, whilst stumbling our way thru a minor sync setting adjustment, we've been super pleased with the 4.1 [phantom 5.1] surround sound quality, hence beginning to really appreciate the immersive qualities of surround sound.
It's our first soundbar, so we're newbies to tv external audio, but just saying you may want to take a closer or second look at the NT5 vs. the others (at some retailers, $400 when bundled w/Sony tv).
Thanks for your detailed reply.

I really appreciate the opportunity to expand the ht-nt5 to have a sorround system, but sony rear speakers are too expansive. If i should consider this option, i would move to fidelio b5, which is a little more expansive, but probably sounds better. However, I decided to spend less and "bet" on virtual sorround

I tried the sony ht-ct390 and 800 at mediaworld, nice but not awesome as I expected. Actually, they were reproducing some jingle and Uefa CL soundtrack......and I can not set anything, only turn on...I am sure the ht-nt5 sounds better.

I am not so interested in features, i only need 4K HDR Passthrough HDMI. I'd like good virtual sorround and a good sub. For these reasons I am focused on the yamaha yas107 (dts virtual X) plus a good subwoofer. Jbl bar 3.1 have a good virtual sorround too (by reviews) but I am not sure whether the higher price is worth it (sorry for bad English).

What do you think about ht-nt5 sorround?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-09-2018, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davide Marangon View Post
Thanks for your detailed reply.

I really appreciate the opportunity to expand the ht-nt5 to have a sorround system, but sony rear speakers are too expansive. If i should consider this option, i would move to fidelio b5, which is a little more expansive, but probably sounds better. However, I decided to spend less and "bet" on virtual sorround

I tried the sony ht-ct390 and 800 at mediaworld, nice but not awesome as I expected. Actually, they were reproducing some jingle and Uefa CL soundtrack......and I can not set anything, only turn on...I am sure the ht-nt5 sounds better.

I am not so interested in features, i only need 4K HDR Passthrough HDMI. I'd like good virtual sorround and a good sub. For these reasons I am focused on the yamaha yas107 (dts virtual X) plus a good subwoofer. Jbl bar 3.1 have a good virtual sorround too (by reviews) but I am not sure whether the higher price is worth it (sorry for bad English).

What do you think about ht-nt5 sorround?
Well so far, as mentioned, we're really loving it/them. Granted the ZR5's & ZR7's are expensive, but Sony is (or was, not sure if they still are) running an in-store only special of: (2) SRS-ZR5's for $249. ..(so @ $125./ea, instead of $150). I saw a brand new, excellent condition 'open'box' (but you couldn't tell) pair apparently just returned at one store for $115./ea.
At first we weren't too impressed with the Sony wireless surrounds, and rather underwhelmed you might say, but then we figured-out how to adjust the wireless surround [dB] 'Level' (loudness), in the 'Wireless Surround Settings', as well as 'Distance', both of which you can do for each L & R wireless surround speaker. They actually kick-out pretty nice surround sound, ioho, in our humble opinions.

We're still turning our heads, surprised and amazed at the sounds coming from our R & L rear quadrants. Just last night, my wife walked in the room and thought an ambulance was heading our way, as she raised her head a bit, listening as it sounded like it was drawing nearer and nearer . . . until I said, 'Uh, Honey, that's the surrounds.'

Last edited by WinMod21; 02-09-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page