Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos - Page 104 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 990Likes

post #3091 of 3105 Old 02-17-2020, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 30
After using the N950 about 15 months without issues, Last night I had popping sound from left rear speaker. I have quickly reset the SB and moved to 2.4GHz. This solved the issue. Given samsung manual says to use 5GHz , I am wondering will there be any difference in sound quality?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3092 of 3105 Old 02-18-2020, 08:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 1970 Post(s)
Liked: 1304
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyab View Post
After using the N950 about 15 months without issues, Last night I had popping sound from left rear speaker. I have quickly reset the SB and moved to 2.4GHz. This solved the issue. Given samsung manual says to use 5GHz , I am wondering will there be any difference in sound quality?

Thanks.
The Samsung uses 5.8Ghz internally between the speakers, your Router has no effect on this except possible interference.
satyab likes this.
post #3093 of 3105 Old 02-25-2020, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Whats up all question for you. I just got my lg c9 and hooked the soundbar arc to tv arc and my nvidia shield to hdmi 1. Im not getting any sound at all from the soundbar and cant get the input on soundbar to avr it basically acts like the setting isnt there. Is the problem i have the shield connected directly to tv? If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3094 of 3105 Old 02-26-2020, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootleg1 View Post
Whats up all question for you. I just got my lg c9 and hooked the soundbar arc to tv arc and my nvidia shield to hdmi 1. Im not getting any sound at all from the soundbar and cant get the input on soundbar to avr it basically acts like the setting isnt there. Is the problem i have the shield connected directly to tv? If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it
hdmi1 where? The Lg or the soundbar? You should try it each way and see which works for you. You could also have a settings issue on either the Lg or the Shield. You could try those forum threads as well. Good luck.
post #3095 of 3105 Old 02-26-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
Quote:
hdmi1 where? The Lg or the soundbar? You should try it each way and see which works for you. You could also have a settings issue on either the Lg or the Shield. You could try those forum threads as well. Good luck.
Hdmi1 on the tv is the tv arc port and the hdmi cable from tv arc going to soundbar arc. Im just not getting any sound from tv or apps and or hdmi sources connected to the tv
post #3096 of 3105 Old 02-26-2020, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hdmi1 on the tv is the tv arc port and the hdmi cable from tv arc going to soundbar arc. Im just not getting any sound from tv or apps and or hdmi sources connected to the tv
Sounds like an ARC setting on your Lg. Does D.in, TV ARC show on the Soundbar's LED when the TV and the N950 are powered On? Are you using a 2.0 premium certified cable from the TV's ARC port to the N950's ARC port? If you are using HDMI do not connect an optical cable to the soundbar.
post #3097 of 3105 Old 02-26-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Sounds like an ARC setting on your Lg. Does D.in, TV ARC show on the Soundbar's LED when the TV and the N950 are powered On? Are you using a 2.0 premium certified cable from the TV's ARC port to the N950's ARC port? If you are using HDMI do not connect an optical cable to the soundbar.
Yes D.in shows up while hdmi arc is connected. I dont have an optical cable connected. I am using the original hdmi cable that came with the n950 for arc connection. Ive played with all the settings within the tv and cant seem to get it to work unless i missed something.
post #3098 of 3105 Old 02-26-2020, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes D.in shows up while hdmi arc is connected. I dont have an optical cable connected. I am using the original hdmi cable that came with the n950 for arc connection. Ive played with all the settings within the tv and cant seem to get it to work unless i missed something.
Ok, D.in shows up so the Soundbar is seeing a connection, what about the second screen TV ARC? If you don't see TV ARC, a setting is wrong on the TV or you accidently turned Anynet+ (CEC) off on the soundbar.
post #3099 of 3105 Old 02-26-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, D.in shows up so the Soundbar is seeing a connection, what about the second screen TV ARC? If you don't see TV ARC, a setting is wrong on the TV or you
accidently turned Anynet+ (CEC) off on the soundbar.
When i get home im going to check tv settings again. How would i turn anynet+(cec) off and on through the soundbar? When i had my samsung tv i just connected the soundbar to the tv and it worked not the case with the LG lol appreciate all your help!!
post #3100 of 3105 Old 02-26-2020, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
When i get home im going to check tv settings again. How would i turn anynet+(cec) off and on through the soundbar? When i had my samsung tv i just connected the soundbar to the tv and it worked not the case with the LG lol appreciate all your help!!
It is in the manual and it's not something you would accidently turn off so I doubt that is an issue. It really sounds like an issue with the TV not sending an ARC signal/audio to the soundbar.
post #3101 of 3105 Old 02-28-2020, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:

To enable/disable AnyNet+ (i.e., HDMI-CEC) on the sound bar, hold down the right side of the circle on the remote for a few seconds until the sound bar displays the change. I often have had to do this because my LG B7 OLED and the sound bar don't handshake properly or something, so the N950 doesn't switch to TV ARC and I don't receive any sound. Usually, cycling the setting off and on via the remote in this manner forces it to try the handshake and it will reconnect.
naustin likes this.
post #3102 of 3105 Old 03-21-2020, 06:25 PM

Question when i have my nvidia shield connected to soundbar via hdmi and arc from soundbad to tv what is processing the picture? The tv or soundbar? And if its the soundbar how do i make my lg c9 take over picture processing. Thanks!!
post #3103 of 3105 Old 03-21-2020, 07:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Question when i have my nvidia shield connected to soundbar via hdmi and arc from soundbad to tv what is processing the picture? The tv or soundbar? And if its the soundbar how do i make my lg c9 take over picture processing. Thanks!!
The nVidia is doing some picture & audio processing to generate an A/V signal out. The SB is just passing the video signal with final video processing by your TV.
post #3104 of 3105 Old 03-21-2020, 07:35 PM

So the soundbar isnt processing the picture at all then correct?
naustin likes this.
post #3105 of 3105 Old 03-25-2020, 12:11 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Roku issues with Samsung soundbar

FYI, there seems to be a pretty big issue with Roku's playing on a Samsung sound bar. Specifically 4K HDR & ATMOS.

I have the HW-N950 soundbar and the Roku Ultra. All cables are premium HDMI 2.0b.

When playing 4K content with ATMOS, audio stops completely until you reboot the sound bar or unplug HDMI and plug it back in. I have tested my XBOX and it does work fine and the sound bar detects Atmos just fine.

Tested an Apple TV 4K and it's working fine. I assume an Amazon fire TV cube would work. (They were out of stock at the time of testing)

Apparently the latest Roku on the latest firmware won't properly play 4K/HDR/Atmos through the sound bar.

Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page