196Likes

post #1471 of 1658 Old 04-28-2019, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpzsports View Post
Thanks so much, I really appreciate the insight and quick reply. So do you keep the "surround sound" setting always on? It seems like it primarily makes the rears sound like the surround speakers so that would be great.

Regarding the price, I am definitely waiting to try to get it for $400-450 like previous sales. I don't think I need the DTS X feature. I appreciate the info!

Is it possible to get 4k TV broadcasts with any OTA antenna? Do many channels actually support 4k?
Keep an eye out for sales on B&H Photo and also Buydig.. There the only ones that sell the bar on special alot..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 1658 Old 04-28-2019, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgomez View Post
Keep an eye out for sales on B&H Photo and also Buydig.. There the only ones that sell the bar on special alot..
Sounds good! Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated.
post #1473 of 1658 Old 04-30-2019, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi!

I have the SK10Y just new with my C8 tv.

What settings are you using? The sound and voices are clear. But i had some more expectations for this soundbar.

I use standard mode with everything on 0 and auto volume and night mode off.

Dolby Atmos mode is working on Netflix. I see the atmos text on the bar.

But Youtube on the TV with an Atmos sample is playing in normal mode. I can still change to movie etc. Do somebody else has this issue?

Thnx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1474 of 1658 Old 04-30-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoraxx View Post
Hi!

What settings are you using? The sound and voices are clear. But i had some more expectations for this soundbar.

But Youtube on the TV with an Atmos sample is playing in normal mode. I can still change to movie etc. Do somebody else has this issue?

Thnx!

I find bass on this to be crap at max.. so I changed from Standard which is the Meridian Sound setting to Bass Blast and settings are..
sub 6
tre 0
bass 5
center 2
ovc 3
rear 3
auto vol off
night off
Youtube has no atmos at all..
Now I have rear surround speakers though which u might not have..
post #1475 of 1658 Old 04-30-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpzsports View Post
Sounds good! Thanks for all your help! Much appreciated.
ur very welcome
post #1476 of 1658 Old 04-30-2019, 02:42 PM

I find bass on this to be crap at max.. so I changed from Standard which is the Meridian Sound setting to Bass Blast and settings are..
sub 6
tre 0
bass 5
center 2
ovc 3
rear 3
auto vol off
night off
Now I have rear surround speakers though which u might not have..[/QUOTE]

I have no rear speakers yet indeed. I am hesitating to get them. Is it a big difference?

Lol why are all those dolby atmos test videos there if it has no Atmos?

Thank you for the settings. Ovc what is this exactly?

Lots of people say to use the standard setting. Because its more natural. But you are not happy with that?
post #1477 of 1658 Old 04-30-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
sub 6
tre 0
bass 5
center 2
ovc 3
rear 3
auto vol off
night off
Now I have rear surround speakers though which u might not have..
Strange, I am unable to edit or delete my own post here? On the phone the quote did not work.

But here my reply:

I have no rear speakers yet indeed. I am hesitating to get them. Is it a big difference? My girlfriend does not like speakers to be visable to much haha.

Why are all those dolby atmos test videos there if it has no Atmos?

Lots of people say to use the standard setting. Because its more natural. But you are not happy with that?

I also just got my TK 10 TV mount, the soundbar looks much nicer now!
post #1478 of 1658 Old 05-01-2019, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I keep playing around with the bar. Some things have been really muffled voice wise. It’s a little frustrated. Did we ever find out what the latest firmware did?
post #1479 of 1658 Old 05-01-2019, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does anyone know if the SK10Y will be compatible with the LG Oled C9 (65" model) with the perfect fit Kit - TK10?

I am buying a C9 this year and i am seeing good deals on the SK10Y, but i want to put the soundbar with the TK10 kit and doesn´t know if it will be compatible...

Could anyone help me?
post #1480 of 1658 Old 05-02-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdrlvt View Post
Does anyone know if the SK10Y will be compatible with the LG Oled C9 (65" model) with the perfect fit Kit - TK10?

I am buying a C9 this year and i am seeing good deals on the SK10Y, but i want to put the soundbar with the TK10 kit and doesn´t know if it will be compatible...

Could anyone help me?
I dont know I have the TK10 with the C8.. If the dimensions are the same C8 versus C9 then yes.. But you know the TK10 is not easy to get.. I was able to find it on Amazon.UK and preorder and wait for a couple months and shipping was not cheap.. I ended up paying about $115 but it does look super nice..
post #1481 of 1658 Old 05-02-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Strange, I am unable to edit or delete my own post here? On the phone the quote did not work.

But here my reply:

I have no rear speakers yet indeed. I am hesitating to get them. Is it a big difference? My girlfriend does not like speakers to be visable to much haha.

Why are all those dolby atmos test videos there if it has no Atmos?

I also just got my TK 10 TV mount, the soundbar looks much nicer now!
Big difference in 5.1 sound since rear speakers is the natural way to go.. remember they are wireless so the only cables are going from a transmitter to the actual speakers they dont have to wire all the way to the soundbar hope that helps..
post #1482 of 1658 Old 05-02-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Hi!

Thnx!
the dolby atmos test videos has to be on a device that supports atmos.. most likely your doing of youtube that doesnt..
post #1483 of 1658 Old 05-03-2019, 02:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi guys. I have a problem with xbox one x, Dolby atmos and the rear speakes.

First I have a Hisense 4K tv.
My TV is with optical to soundbar,
Xbox in hdmi 1 of the soundbar and the soundbar in hdmi 3 without arc because with arc port I get only 1080p with xbox.
My Xbox ist set to Dolby atmos.
But if I watch Netflix or Amazon my rear speakers don't work with xbox only when I watch dolby atmos on Netflix. If I watch Amazon or Netflix with TV app my rear speakers work. My TV can't dolby atmos.
post #1484 of 1658 Old 05-03-2019, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthTayrint View Post
Hi guys. I have a problem with xbox one x, Dolby atmos and the rear speakes.

First I have a Hisense 4K tv.
My TV is with optical to soundbar,
Xbox in hdmi 1 of the soundbar and the soundbar in hdmi 3 without arc because with arc port I get only 1080p with xbox.
My Xbox ist set to Dolby atmos.
But if I watch Netflix or Amazon my rear speakers don't work with xbox only when I watch dolby atmos on Netflix. If I watch Amazon or Netflix with TV app my rear speakers work. My TV can't dolby atmos.
Have u tried playing one of the dolby atmos demo clips like the one with the feather u should hear the feather going around behind from left to right you if its playing atmos correctly..
post #1485 of 1658 Old 05-03-2019, 02:38 AM

Where can I find this clip? I will it try later today (it's 11:37 am in Germany) and what if when I hear it and what if not?
post #1486 of 1658 Old 05-03-2019, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Where can I find this clip? I will it try later today (it's 11:37 am in Germany) and what if when I hear it and what if not?
I think that might be the issue.. Because If I remember correct its actually an app that u have to install and after the app it shows you the clips and maybe u need the app to get "atmos experience" im not sure but if you dont hear it correctly then its not configured correctly.. see what happens in clip with the leaves sorry there not feathers but leaves my mistake.. let see what the outcome is with the clip and then take it from there..
post #1487 of 1658 Old 05-03-2019, 04:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Hi!

Thnx!
the dolby atmos test videos has to be on a device that supports atmos.. most likely your doing of youtube that doesnt..
You won't be able to get Atmos on YouTube.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.avs...e.html%3famp=1
post #1488 of 1658 Old 05-03-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I think that might be the issue.. Because If I remember correct its actually an app that u have to install and after the app it shows you the clips and maybe u need the app to get "atmos experience" im not sure but if you dont hear it correctly then its not configured correctly.. see what happens in clip with the leaves sorry there not feathers but leaves my mistake.. let see what the outcome is with the clip and then take it from there..

The clip works with the sound
post #1489 of 1658 Old 05-03-2019, 09:20 AM

I have to select 5.1 or 7.1 for non atmos content. Only then are the rear speaker working
post #1490 of 1658 Old 05-06-2019, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
What is everyone's thoughts on this bar? I find it very underwhelming. Even with the update and boosting the center speaker. The dialogue at times is bad, & not just the dialogue either but what should be prominent sounds. For example the Throne room scene in SW:TLJ. Instead of hearing the light sabers, and SFX etc, its drowned out by an overwhelming score. Also in Mad Max at times cars, explosions, etc aren't that deep. It feels like what sound is meant to be the very background/underscore, becomes forefront on this bar. I love that I got this bar for $400. but I almost feel it may be worth the extra $1000. for the Samsung HW-N950...I have not purchased the rear speakers for this bar yet, as I am very undecided about keeping it. Even at only $400. I am not yet sold on it.

Is it just me lol?
post #1491 of 1658 Old 05-06-2019, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DViper2399 View Post
What is everyone's thoughts on this bar? I find it very underwhelming. Even with the update and boosting the center speaker. The dialogue at times is bad, & not just the dialogue either but what should be prominent sounds. For example the Throne room scene in SW:TLJ. Instead of hearing the light sabers, and SFX etc, its drowned out by an overwhelming score. Also in Mad Max at times cars, explosions, etc aren't that deep. It feels like what sound is meant to be the very background/underscore, becomes forefront on this bar. I love that I got this bar for $400. but I almost feel it may be worth the extra $1000. for the Samsung HW-N950...I have not purchased the rear speakers for this bar yet, as I am very undecided about keeping it. Even at only $400. I am not yet sold on it.

Is it just me lol?
No, it's not just you... all I can hear is the music also. It just seems to output the opposite of what it's supposed to do. I'm very disappointed with this sound bar. I had the sj9 and I should've just kept it.
post #1492 of 1658 Old 05-07-2019, 12:47 PM

Hi guys I have another question.
If I buy the Amazon fire tv 4k stick and put it in hdmi 1 oder 2 of the bar, can I get dolby atmos, hdr10 and dolby vision with this stick from Amazon prime video and Netflix? My TV hasn't atmos, vision or hdr10
post #1493 of 1658 Old 05-08-2019, 10:16 PM
Odi

Liked: 11
SK10Y Audio issue

Hi!

I just got a SK10Y and put it through its paces to see if I like it. I'm quite impressed overall, it can handle some of my toughest songs well enough, but I've found a song that plays quite poorly on it. I'm wondering if any of you have the same issue with your SK10Y. The song is "Grandmaster Jam Session" by Mark Mothersbaugh (Thor Ragnarok album). The first 7 seconds of the song is descending (in pitch) continuous sound. On all my other sound systems (including from an iPhone X's tiny speaker!) that descending sound effect can be heard throughout the 7 seconds. But on the SK10Y, it starts, then gently drops out (in volume) twice during the descent. So, 2 seconds at full/normal volume, 1 second very low volume, 2 seconds coming back to full volume and then back down to low, 1 second very low volume, then the last 2 seconds are there again at full/normal volume.

Almost as if... there are frequencies in that descending pitch scale that the SK10Y can't play. I've tried turning on/off every single possible feature I could find, and using different sources (Apple TV 4K through ARC, optical, iPhone through BT...) but nothing changes the outcome for this song. (all modes: Music, Movie, Standard...)

Does yours do it? (Compare your SK10Y's playback of this first 7 seconds of that song with the same 7 seconds on any other sound system)

Trying to determine if my unit is defective.

Thanks,
Odi
post #1494 of 1658 Old 05-09-2019, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odi View Post
Hi!

I just got a SK10Y and put it through its paces to see if I like it. I'm quite impressed overall, it can handle some of my toughest songs well enough, but I've found a song that plays quite poorly on it. I'm wondering if any of you have the same issue with your SK10Y. The song is "Grandmaster Jam Session" by Mark Mothersbaugh (Thor Ragnarok album). The first 7 seconds of the song is descending (in pitch) continuous sound. On all my other sound systems (including from an iPhone X's tiny speaker!) that descending sound effect can be heard throughout the 7 seconds. But on the SK10Y, it starts, then gently drops out (in volume) twice during the descent. So, 2 seconds at full/normal volume, 1 second very low volume, 2 seconds coming back to full volume and then back down to low, 1 second very low volume, then the last 2 seconds are there again at full/normal volume.

Almost as if... there are frequencies in that descending pitch scale that the SK10Y can't play. I've tried turning on/off every single possible feature I could find, and using different sources (Apple TV 4K through ARC, optical, iPhone through BT...) but nothing changes the outcome for this song. (all modes: Music, Movie, Standard...)

Does yours do it? (Compare your SK10Y's playback of this first 7 seconds of that song with the same 7 seconds on any other sound system)

Trying to determine if my unit is defective.

Thanks,
Odi
Does the Rear Speaker option in the App control both The Side Speakers on the Sub and the Rear SPK8 speakers? I find the rear speakers are actually getting drowned out by the side firing speakers for a lot of movies now.
post #1495 of 1658 Old 05-15-2019, 07:04 AM

Hi,

I am using SK10y with LG OLEDC8 tv. Soundbar performance looks to be good overall, but i am facing a strange issue with it. While watching any content, after sometime, the sound automatically stops coming from the soundbar even though it is turned ON. This happens multiple times while playing Dolby Atmos contents and occurs less for other contents. The sound again comes up only if the soundbar is stopped and started from remote or the main switch is turned off and on. Also without the soundbar connected, i am not facing this issue with the TV speakers alone, so it doesn't look to be an issue from TV's end. I have tried resetting the soundbar settings but with no luck. Also i have tried by changing the HDMI 2.0 cable twice which connects the soundbar with TV through ARC. Is anybody facing this same issue? If yes, then can you please help me on what exactly is causing this issue?
post #1496 of 1658 Old 05-15-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghadey View Post
Hi,

I am using SK10y with LG OLEDC8 tv. Soundbar performance looks to be good overall, but i am facing a strange issue with it. While watching any content, after sometime, the sound automatically stops coming from the soundbar even though it is turned ON. This happens multiple times while playing Dolby Atmos contents and occurs less for other contents. The sound again comes up only if the soundbar is stopped and started from remote or the main switch is turned off and on. Also without the soundbar connected, i am not facing this issue with the TV speakers alone, so it doesn't look to be an issue from TV's end. I have tried resetting the soundbar settings but with no luck. Also i have tried by changing the HDMI 2.0 cable twice which connects the soundbar with TV through ARC. Is anybody facing this same issue? If yes, then can you please help me on what exactly is causing this issue?
Is it the sound bar or possibly the sub cutting out.. others have had issues with the sub cutting out because of interference with routers and stuff like that..
post #1497 of 1658 Old 05-15-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Is it the sound bar or possibly the sub cutting out.. others have had issues with the sub cutting out because of interference with routers and stuff like that..
Well, i have not checked that but sound completely goes off. Is there a possibility that sound completely goes off if sub cuts off?
I will still check on sub connection this time.
post #1498 of 1658 Old 05-15-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arghadey View Post
Well, i have not checked that but sound completely goes off. Is there a possibility that sound completely goes off if sub cuts off?
I will still check on sub connection this time.
No.. The sound bar would continue what would only cut off would be the sub by itself.. If not that then it sounds like a bad bar I would just exchange it..
post #1499 of 1658 Old 05-17-2019, 12:13 AM

Something to watch on the new LG Soundbars..
post #1500 of 1658 Old 05-17-2019, 12:19 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
arc , hdr , lg sk10y , sky10y , soundbar , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page