Originally Posted by jlgomez
please do me a favor.. unplug the bd player to the sb.. shut down.. now turn on the ps4 switch to whatever input is correct for it.. now switch to a tv app now switch to the ps4 again what is it on now.. then switch to the ps4 input again.. now displaying ps4 shut down and start back up did it stay on the ps4 input.. thanks for your help in advance
Hah was actually doing this...think I found the issue. Did two tests, PS4 "HDMI Device Link" on and off. This is HDMI-CEC toggle on the ps4
Unplugged BD Player, only PS4 hooked up via SB HDMI 1
HDMI Device Link On
1. C8 HDMI 2, SB HDMI 1
2. Change to internal Netflix, SB changes to ARC
3. Change to C8 HDMI 2, SB changes to HDMI 1
4. Turn off PS4, change to internal Netflix, SB changes to ARC.
5. Turn off C8
6. Turn on C8, shows HDMI 2 no signal.
7. SB turns on, briefly says ARC and sb changes to HDMI 1
8. PS4 turns on automatically and C8 shows video
HDMI Device Link Off
1. Change to internal Netflix, SB stays HDMI 1 and plays ps4 audio with Netflix visual...
2. Force SB to ARC and then turn off c8
3. Turn on c8, goes to HDMI 2 with no signal.
4. SB turns on, shows ARC
5. Nothing happens with PS4 at this point.
So, I would check to see if your TiVo hardware supports HDMI-CEC and if so, make sure it's turned on.
FYI, with ps4 HDMI Device Link turned on my c8 did indeed show a sub input on the c8 as "PlayStation 4"