196Likes

post #1591 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpyo012 View Post
Currently, don't have anything hooked up to HDMI 2 on the soundbar. When I did, it was my FireTV.

I believe our TVs have some sort of HDMI auto detect feature, where it will change the input icon according to device. Try unplugging all the HDMI connections and unplug c8 for 10 minutes. Plug in power and turn power on with NO HDMI inputs plugged in...then plug in soundbar ONLY and make sure ARC works. Then I would hook up your TiVo to SB HDMI 1 and verify. Then move onto Xbox.

Another question: do you have ultra deep hd color mode on for HDMI 2 on c8? If it is, might be worth trying to turn it off.

I'll be in front of my TV in several hours...
Im going to try the unplugging in a moment.. But I have come across postings on here about the Fire TV and it is sen differntly by the TV and sound bar on the sound bar it even changes the name from HDMI 1 or 2 to Fire TV which non of my devices do.. Also if you disable Ultra Deep color you will not get 4K thats my understanding..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Currently, don't have anything hooked up to HDMI 2 on the soundbar. When I did, it was my FireTV.

I believe our TVs have some sort of HDMI auto detect feature, where it will change the input icon according to device. Try unplugging all the HDMI connections and unplug c8 for 10 minutes. Plug in power and turn power on with NO HDMI inputs plugged in...then plug in soundbar ONLY and make sure ARC works. Then I would hook up your TiVo to SB HDMI 1 and verify. Then move onto Xbox.

Another question: do you have ultra deep hd color mode on for HDMI 2 on c8? If it is, might be worth trying to turn it off.

I'll be in front of my TV in several hours...
So I did the unplugging thing but made no difference.. this is my issue with arc.. first of all even if you are on HDMI 1 when u turn off your tv and sound bar when you turn back on it goes to arc doesnt stay on the previous setting which was HDMI 1.. and on top of that Im mostly on hdmi 1 but daily I will go to my Photo and video player on the LG to play a movie off my storage on my network so the TV automatically goes to arc which is fine BUT when I go back to my Tivo on HDMI 1 on the sound bar dammit it stays on arc..SOAB
post #1593 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgomez View Post
No.. I think u misunderstand.. hdmi 1 and 2 on the sound bar work just fine.. and it says exactly that.. what im saying is when I enable arc on the TV the sound bar switches to ARC automatically.. but the problem is that my tivo is on hdmi 1 on the sound bar so my TV is on HDMI 2 on the TV which is ARC and then shows NO VIDEO signal.. So pretty much if the soundbar is on arc how is it supposed to show HDMI 1 of the soundbar when its on another input..
Okay, I think I have a better understanding.

I never have to manually select HDMI 2 on the TV. When I hit input on c8, I have a sub-input right under under HDMI 2 that says BD Player (which is HDMI 1 on sb). When I select that on the c8, my BD Player turns on and sb says HDMI 1 automatically.

It seems to me that you need these sub inputs to show up before things can work correctly.

Quote:
Im going to try the unplugging in a moment.. But I have come across postings on here about the Fire TV and it is sen differntly by the TV and sound bar on the sound bar it even changes the name from HDMI 1 or 2 to Fire TV which non of my devices do.. Also if you disable Ultra Deep color you will not get 4K thats my understanding..
I disagree. Per rtings.com Ultra Deep Color is for HDR to work correctly. Either way, just another thing to check off the trouble shooting list.
jlgomez likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1594 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 02:25 PM

Quote:
So I did the unplugging thing but made no difference.. this is my issue with arc.. first of all even if you are on HDMI 1 when u turn off your tv and sound bar when you turn back on it goes to arc doesnt stay on the previous setting which was HDMI 1.. and on top of that Im mostly on hdmi 1 but daily I will go to my Photo and video player on the LG to play a movie off my storage on my network so the TV automatically goes to arc which is fine BUT when I go back to my Tivo on HDMI 1 on the sound bar dammit it stays on arc..SOAB
Okay I'm in front of my TV now.

I had my BD Player playing Dark Knight and then turned off the C8.

When I turned it back on, c8 briefly said HDMI 2 before showing "No Signal" screen saver.

SB turned on and showed HDMI 1.

After a few more seconds, BD Player turned on and the c8 changed to the sub-input.

I have Simplelink On with Auto Power Sync also on.

FYI: I'm only using the C8 Magic Remote, not even touching the soundbar remote.

Edit: this is a ridiculous question, but in your recent testing is the Optical cable hooked up? If so, unplug it.

Also, how old are your HDMI cables? I replaced all of mine with these: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24187
jlgomez likes this.

Last edited by Kpyo012; 06-05-2019 at 02:32 PM.
post #1595 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Okay, I think I have a better understanding.

I never have to manually select HDMI 2 on the TV. When I hit input on c8, I have a sub-input right under under HDMI 2 that says BD Player (which is HDMI 1 on sb). When I select that on the c8, my BD Player turns on and sb says HDMI 1 automatically.

It seems to me that you need these sub inputs to show up before things can work correctly.

I disagree. Per rtings.com Ultra Deep Color is for HDR to work correctly. Either way, just another thing to check off the trouble shooting list.
No.. the input on the TV always stays on HDMI2 in never said that changes.. What changes is the input on the bar automatically when arc is enabled in TV settings and you turn on that device or switch to it and also when you first turn on the TV it swithes to arc automatically why I dont know.. I think those separate sub inputs your getting has to do with then type of device you have connected I dont think they all do that they come with a special setting on that device.
post #1596 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:

When I turned it back on, c8 briefly said HDMI 2 before showing "No Signal" screen saver.

After a few more seconds, BD Player turned on and the c8 changed to the sub-input.

Edit: this is a ridiculous question, but in your recent testing is the Optical cable hooked up? If so, unplug it.

Also, how old are your HDMI cables? I replaced all of mine with these: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24187
I removed the optical just to rule it out and for the hell of me cant remember why I originally connected it.. So please repeat yourself what input are you in when you turn off the tv and whats connected and what input does it go to when your turn back on.. Why my sound bar goes to ARC when I turn on my tv even though it was on hdmi1 of the sound bar when I turn it off im not understanding.. My cables are super expensive AudioQuest Cinnamon Hdmi cables..
post #1597 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:

Also question.. in the sound settings of the TV .. Sound out is "HDMI ARC correct"
post #1598 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:

I think the way your BD player reacts with sound bar and Tv and even those sub Hdmi inputs is because its a TRUE simplink device.. Unlike my tivo and xbox..
post #1599 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I removed the optical just to rule it out and for the hell of me cant remember why I originally connected it.. So please repeat yourself what input are you in when you turn off the tv and whats connected and what input does it go to when your turn back on.. Why my sound bar goes to ARC when I turn on my tv even though it was on hdmi1 of the sound bar when I turn it off im not understanding.. My cables are super expensive AudioQuest Cinnamon Hdmi cables..
After some more testing, I take back what I said about sub inputs. C8 does indeed say HDMI 2 when I'm viewing HDMI 1 on SB.

C8 on HDMI 2
BD Player via SB HDMI 1
Turn off with above settings.

1. Press power on C8 remote
2. C8 shows HDMI 2 and the "No Signal" screen saver
3. SB turns on automatically, still says HDMI 1
4. BD Player turns on
5. C8 "No Signal" goes away, and video from BD Player shows

I also repeated the above with my PS4 connected to SB HDMI 1. No sub input is shown on c8 with ps4 as only connection.

With BD Player HDMI 1 and ps4 HDMI 2, c8 only shows BD Player as a sub input.

I was also able to reproduce the C8 turning on with ARC on SB.

1. C8 on HDMI 2 playing BD Player via SB HDMI 1. SB shows HDMI 1 at time
2. Switched to C8 internal app (Netflix)
3. SB automatically changes to ARC
4. Turn off C8
5. Turn on C8, shows HDMI 2 with "No Signal"
6. SB turns on, shows ARC. After a few seconds, automatically changes to HDMI 1
7. C8 video now comes thru

From my experience, c8 will turn on with the last used input. Doesn't matter if you are using internal apps, it will also turn on with whatever the most recent HDMI input used.
jlgomez likes this.
post #1600 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Also question.. in the sound settings of the TV .. Sound out is "HDMI ARC correct"
Correct, TV is set to HDMI ARC

Quote:
I think the way your BD player reacts with sound bar and Tv and even those sub Hdmi inputs is because its a TRUE simplink device.. Unlike my tivo and xbox..
I am in agreement with that statement . Both are LG products with Simplelink.
jlgomez likes this.
post #1601 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
After some more testing, I take back what I said about sub inputs. C8 does indeed say HDMI 2 when I'm viewing HDMI 1 on SB.

C8 on HDMI 2
BD Player via SB HDMI 1
Turn off with above settings.

1. Press power on C8 remote
2. C8 shows HDMI 2 and the "No Signal" screen saver
3. SB turns on automatically, still says HDMI 1
4. BD Player turns on
5. C8 "No Signal" goes away, and video from BD Player shows

I also repeated the above with my PS4 connected to SB HDMI 1. No sub input is shown on c8 with ps4 as only connection.

With BD Player HDMI 1 and ps4 HDMI 2, c8 only shows BD Player as a sub input.

I was also able to reproduce the C8 turning on with ARC on SB.

1. C8 on HDMI 2 playing BD Player via SB HDMI 1. SB shows HDMI 1 at time
2. Switched to C8 internal app (Netflix)
3. SB automatically changes to ARC
4. Turn off C8
5. Turn on C8, shows HDMI 2 with "No Signal"
6. SB turns on, shows ARC. After a few seconds, automatically changes to HDMI 1
7. C8 video now comes thru

From my experience, c8 will turn on with the last used input. Doesn't matter if you are using internal apps, it will also turn on with whatever the most recent HDMI input used.
please do me a favor.. unplug the bd player to the sb.. shut down.. now turn on the ps4 switch to whatever input is correct for it.. now switch to a tv app now switch to the ps4 again what is it on now.. then switch to the ps4 input again.. now displaying ps4 shut down and start back up did it stay on the ps4 input.. thanks for your help in advance
post #1602 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
please do me a favor.. unplug the bd player to the sb.. shut down.. now turn on the ps4 switch to whatever input is correct for it.. now switch to a tv app now switch to the ps4 again what is it on now.. then switch to the ps4 input again.. now displaying ps4 shut down and start back up did it stay on the ps4 input.. thanks for your help in advance
Hah was actually doing this...think I found the issue. Did two tests, PS4 "HDMI Device Link" on and off. This is HDMI-CEC toggle on the ps4

Unplugged BD Player, only PS4 hooked up via SB HDMI 1

HDMI Device Link On
1. C8 HDMI 2, SB HDMI 1
2. Change to internal Netflix, SB changes to ARC
3. Change to C8 HDMI 2, SB changes to HDMI 1
4. Turn off PS4, change to internal Netflix, SB changes to ARC.
5. Turn off C8
6. Turn on C8, shows HDMI 2 no signal.
7. SB turns on, briefly says ARC and sb changes to HDMI 1
8. PS4 turns on automatically and C8 shows video

HDMI Device Link Off
1. Change to internal Netflix, SB stays HDMI 1 and plays ps4 audio with Netflix visual...
2. Force SB to ARC and then turn off c8
3. Turn on c8, goes to HDMI 2 with no signal.
4. SB turns on, shows ARC
5. Nothing happens with PS4 at this point.

So, I would check to see if your TiVo hardware supports HDMI-CEC and if so, make sure it's turned on.

FYI, with ps4 HDMI Device Link turned on my c8 did indeed show a sub input on the c8 as "PlayStation 4"
jlgomez likes this.
post #1603 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Hah was actually doing this...think I found the issue. Did two tests, PS4 "HDMI Device Link" on and off. This is HDMI-CEC toggle on the ps4

Unplugged BD Player, only PS4 hooked up via SB HDMI 1

HDMI Device Link On
1. C8 HDMI 2, SB HDMI 1
2. Change to internal Netflix, SB changes to ARC
3. Change to C8 HDMI 2, SB changes to HDMI 1
4. Turn off PS4, change to internal Netflix, SB changes to ARC.
5. Turn off C8
6. Turn on C8, shows HDMI 2 no signal.
7. SB turns on, briefly says ARC and sb changes to HDMI 1
8. PS4 turns on automatically and C8 shows video

HDMI Device Link Off
1. Change to internal Netflix, SB stays HDMI 1 and plays ps4 audio with Netflix visual...
2. Force SB to ARC and then turn off c8
3. Turn on c8, goes to HDMI 2 with no signal.
4. SB turns on, shows ARC
5. Nothing happens with PS4 at this point.

So, I would check to see if your TiVo hardware supports HDMI-CEC and if so, make sure it's turned on.

FYI, with ps4 HDMI Device Link turned on my c8 did indeed show a sub input on the c8 as "PlayStation 4"
so with the cec off on the playstion and bd player not connected or simplink off on that.. if your on hdmi 1 on the sb when you turn off system .. when u turn back on it does go to arc by default correct.. I think the son of a b that switches it to arc on startup is the tv.. but on your the bd player was then switching to the bd's hdmi input on the sb..
post #1604 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
so with the cec off on the playstion and bd player not connected or simplink off on that.. if your on hdmi 1 on the sb when you turn off system .. when u turn back on it does go to arc by default correct.. I think the son of a b that switches it to arc on startup is the tv.. but on your the bd player was then switching to the bd's hdmi input on the sb..
I completely removed the BD Player out of the equation. There is no way to disable CEC on the UBK-90...

PS4 with CEC disabled, c8 HDMI 2, SB HDMI 1.
After cycling power, tv turns on, SB briefly shows HDMI 1 and then automatically switches to ARC. Verified TV is the one throwing it to ARC when no device connected to SB has CEC enabled.
jlgomez likes this.
post #1605 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I completely removed the BD Player out of the equation. There is no way to disable CEC on the UBK-90...

PS4 with CEC disabled, c8 HDMI 2, SB HDMI 1.
After cycling power, tv turns on, SB briefly shows HDMI 1 and then automatically switches to ARC. Verified TV is the one throwing it to ARC when no device connected to SB has CEC enabled.
DUDE ITS ALL YOU FAULT.. LOL.. Thanks you figured it out.. I was looking into the tivo cec and guess what the stupid thing doesnt mention cec in any way but there is a setting thats called wake with Tivo button which just means that when u press the tivo button it turns on the tivo but also disables and enables CEC so if you tivo is set to "off" on the wake with tivo button cec is disabled ... good to know tivo.. anyway now it works just like your bd player even has a sub hdmi 2 input for tivo just like your bd player.. Wow dude I could not thank you enough thank you thank you thank you
post #1606 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
DUDE ITS ALL YOU FAULT.. LOL.. Thanks you figured it out.. I was looking into the tivo cec and guess what the stupid thing doesnt mention cec in any way but there is a setting thats called wake with Tivo button which just means that when u press the tivo button it turns on the tivo but also disables and enables CEC so if you tivo is set to "off" on the wake with tivo button cec is disabled ... good to know tivo.. anyway now it works just like your bd player even has a sub hdmi 2 input for tivo just like your bd player.. Wow dude I could not thank you enough thank you thank you thank you
Woohooo!!!!!! Glad you got it working!!!!!!
jlgomez likes this.
post #1607 of 1654 Old 06-05-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Woohooo!!!!!! Glad you got it working!!!!!!
I went ahead and LIKED a ton of your posts.. Thanks again

Well I had LIKED a mess of your posts and you had 23 likes but I guess they went back and modified it.. Sorry I tried..

Last edited by jlgomez; 06-06-2019 at 12:58 PM.
post #1608 of 1654 Old 06-07-2019, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
No.. I think u misunderstand.. hdmi 1 and 2 on the sound bar work just fine.. and it says exactly that.. what im saying is when I enable arc on the TV the sound bar switches to ARC automatically.. but the problem is that my tivo is on hdmi 1 on the sound bar so my TV is on HDMI 2 on the TV which is ARC and then shows NO VIDEO signal.. So pretty much if the soundbar is on arc how is it supposed to show HDMI 1 of the soundbar when its on another input..
This is what I meant by ARC being "greedy" -- the soundbar automatically switches to ARC/Optical whenever it "hears" any sounds coming from the TV to the soundbar over ARC, which then causes no video signal to be displayed on the TV. ARC is useful only if your AV sources are plugged into the TV itself and you're using the soundbar as an "replacement" to your TV speakers.
post #1609 of 1654 Old 06-07-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patters000 View Post
This is what I meant by ARC being "greedy" -- the soundbar automatically switches to ARC/Optical whenever it "hears" any sounds coming from the TV to the soundbar over ARC, which then causes no video signal to be displayed on the TV. ARC is useful only if your AV sources are plugged into the TV itself and you're using the soundbar as an "replacement" to your TV speakers.

I got u.. But with fantastic help of Kpyo012 I was able to figure out that the culprit in all this was my Tivo .. Tivo has a special way of having CEC on it doesnt mention it at all it has to do whether you have the tivo button used a s a wake or not.. And mine was set to NO.. SOB.. Because nothing in my system was asking hey switch to me it seems that the soundbar goes then automatically to ARC by default and now that its set correctly on the tivo in goes to the tv hdmi 1 the sound bar which is HDMI 1 and when i go to the TV apps it goes to arc and when I leave those it goes back to hdmi 1.. working perfectly.. And after further research it turns out Xbox doesnt really comply with CEC it has it own crap just to turn on TV and soundbar when it turn on and off the xbox .. But it wont work like CEC where it changes inputs and swaps when its already on and stuff..
patters000 likes this.
post #1610 of 1654 Old 06-12-2019, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut0011 View Post
I've watched alot of atmos content over the last few days and I have to agree with you here. Dialog is fine but as soon as some action kicks in something is not quite right. Even without dialog some action scenes are not coming through correctly, its like something is missing somewhere!
Has anyone figured out how to alleviate this issue? When watching non-Atmos movies on the Standard mode the sound is great. When an action scene occurs, or there's a loud bang or explosion, the sound amplifies and you really hear it, just like in a theater. On movie mode, however, action scenes or one-off loud bangs get muffled/muted. When watching an Atmos movie, I have the same issues as non-Atmos movie mode. It's very frustrating because I'll turn the volume up and everything is sounding amazing and loud as if I'm in a theater, then an action scene comes and it's essentially the same sound level as before. So it mutes down/muffles the sound so that it's not getting louder even though it should be. My bandaid fix has been to turn center, side, and rear speakers to +6, and then whenever an action scene comes up I immediately increase the volume by ~10. For example, when I was watching Star Trek Into Darkness, I was hovering around 22/23 normal volume level, but anytime there was action I had to bump it up to 32. Otherwise, the action is just muted down.

I can't imagine this is intended, seeing as how this is a $1k soundbar. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
JimHurk likes this.
post #1611 of 1654 Old 06-12-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelessert10 View Post
Has anyone figured out how to alleviate this issue? When watching non-Atmos movies on the Standard mode the sound is great. When an action scene occurs, or there's a loud bang or explosion, the sound amplifies and you really hear it, just like in a theater. On movie mode, however, action scenes or one-off loud bangs get muffled/muted. When watching an Atmos movie, I have the same issues as non-Atmos movie mode. It's very frustrating because I'll turn the volume up and everything is sounding amazing and loud as if I'm in a theater, then an action scene comes and it's essentially the same sound level as before. So it mutes down/muffles the sound so that it's not getting louder even though it should be. My bandaid fix has been to turn center, side, and rear speakers to +6, and then whenever an action scene comes up I immediately increase the volume by ~10. For example, when I was watching Star Trek Into Darkness, I was hovering around 22/23 normal volume level, but anytime there was action I had to bump it up to 32. Otherwise, the action is just muted down.

I can't imagine this is intended, seeing as how this is a $1k soundbar. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Well I dont really have the same setup as you probably because I have the rear wireless speakers also installed.. But I can suggest a couple things.. First make sure you have updated your firmware to the latest using the android or apple app.. Also Ive found that when things are sounding a little funky it has to to with the over head channel.. hope this helps..
post #1612 of 1654 Old 06-12-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Well I dont really have the same setup as you probably because I have the rear wireless speakers also installed.. But I can suggest a couple things.. First make sure you have updated your firmware to the latest using the android or apple app.. Also Ive found that when things are sounding a little funky it has to to with the over head channel.. hope this helps..
I have my Xbox One X plugged in directly to HDMI IN 1 on the soundbar, and the soundbar directly into the TV via HDMI. And I do have the wireless SPK8-S rear speakers as well. I'm fairly certain I'm on the latest firmware but I'll check again when I get home.

So it does sound like we have the same setup. Do action scenes not get drowned out for you in movie mode versus standard? And if you do hear this occurring in movie vs standard, does your Atmos mode handle it the same was as movie, drowning out/muffling the sound? Maybe I can try and take a video later and upload it to illustrate the effect i'm hearing. It's infuriating.
post #1613 of 1654 Old 06-12-2019, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I also have always noticed the muffled thing happening with loud action scenes, especially with dialogue and its frustrating. I keep trying different settings but haven't found the magic ones yet.
jdelessert10 likes this.
post #1614 of 1654 Old 06-12-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitechicguy View Post
I also have always noticed the muffled thing happening with loud action scenes, especially with dialogue and its frustrating. I keep trying different settings but haven't found the magic ones yet.
what I would do..
First of all I dont like me movie mode to me it just sounds strange I usually stick to standard.. Even though I do like bass boost because I find the sub on this sub par even at the highest settings but still I stick to standard there are no funky affects that I want.. Then

I would do a global reset to the sound bar just in case.. Search the word reset on this thread I mentioned how to do it.. MAKE 100% sure you have the latest firmware installed.. Make sure you have the rear surrounds on you have to press and hold auto volume button on the sound bar remote until the bar says surround on.. Then try the standard mode modify the way you like and see if your still having issues remember to play with the overhead channel setting if you put it to high it sounds weird.. I would leave all the other settings off like auto volume.. Also you mentioned your using the xbox make sure you have the sound settings set to atmos on their settings.. Also make sure the sound bar arc cable is connected to arc input on the TV.. Like on the LG tv's its usually HDMI 2 not 1.. try these things and let us know..
post #1615 of 1654 Old 06-13-2019, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 2
ATMOS & other updates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skratchy_Seal View Post
Yes, you can connect your Apple TV 4K and get BOTH Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos on iTunes and Netflix for movies/shows that offer it. I just tested First Man on iTunes, and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on Netflix. I also tested First Man on Vudu and get both Vision and Atmos.
I'd appreciate using your response to an earlier question re: Apple TV 4K to ensure I understand this $1200 LG SL10Y SB I'm about to buy:

1. I have a 2016 LG 55E6P 4K OLED 3D & will be adding Apple TV 4K with ATMOS; LG's SL10Y's soundbar + rear speakers; and XBox One X.
2. x43x wrote a very helpful summary at the start of this LG section which included the following: "Atmos does work over ARC, albeit using DD Plus so it's not true Atmos." His update was around mid-2018. Has something changed along the way to cause you to write what seems to be a different "take" on the Dolby Vision/Dolby ATMOS issues??? I am NOT going to be a happy camper having spent almost $5,000 on LG's already out-dated TV; another $1500 on a soundbar; wasting close to 2 years researching and waiting for the right SB to come out, only to find that it STILL does not have true Atmos (& dts:x??) in certain circumstances (and a muddied center channel when there is a lot of action. DUH! I thought this was FINALLY supposed to be fixed!)
3. LG helpfully (NOT!!) dropped the Ethernet port off their 2019 SL10 soundbar. Ethernet is far superior to me, for a number of reasons. One was mentioned earlier - the owner's system had to be set up close to his router which caused a lot of problems for him. My WiFI system is pathetic, & I really don't want to use it if possible. Sorry for a dumb question, but I'm thinking I could get away without it if I dumped Google (which I totally don't need), but I suppose I'd need it to pair the sub woofer and soundbar???
4. There is 4K pass-through, of course, and this may sound like an odd question, but do I need the assurance of 3D passthrough given that I bought one of the last LG 3D TVs.
5. Any suggestions for good Test Disks for both Atmos & dts:x without breaking the bank?
Many thanks! (And BTW, there are a couple of solid reviews of this SB on YouTube now although I can't quite shake the feeling I might be buying the wrong product.)
post #1616 of 1654 Old 06-19-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
what I would do..
First of all I dont like me movie mode to me it just sounds strange I usually stick to standard.. Even though I do like bass boost because I find the sub on this sub par even at the highest settings but still I stick to standard there are no funky affects that I want.. Then

I would do a global reset to the sound bar just in case.. Search the word reset on this thread I mentioned how to do it.. MAKE 100% sure you have the latest firmware installed.. Make sure you have the rear surrounds on you have to press and hold auto volume button on the sound bar remote until the bar says surround on.. Then try the standard mode modify the way you like and see if your still having issues remember to play with the overhead channel setting if you put it to high it sounds weird.. I would leave all the other settings off like auto volume.. Also you mentioned your using the xbox make sure you have the sound settings set to atmos on their settings.. Also make sure the sound bar arc cable is connected to arc input on the TV.. Like on the LG tv's its usually HDMI 2 not 1.. try these things and let us know..
Thanks for the info, when I have a chance to do the reset I'll try and let you know if it solved the issue. Again, Standard sounds great. It's only Atmos (and movie mode) ruining the action/loud scenes for me.

Quick question though -- you say to remember to play with the overhead channel settings. I for the life of me have never found a setting for Overhead. My app shows rear, bass, center, and side, but not overhead. Where would I find those settings?
post #1617 of 1654 Old 06-19-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the info, when I have a chance to do the reset I'll try and let you know if it solved the issue. Again, Standard sounds great. It's only Atmos (and movie mode) ruining the action/loud scenes for me.

Quick question though -- you say to remember to play with the overhead channel settings. I for the life of me have never found a setting for Overhead. My app shows rear, bass, center, and side, but not overhead. Where would I find those settings?
OVC.. If u dont see it .. Lets verify your model number again.. But I cant remember correctly if OVC cannot be modified in ATMOS setting..

Last edited by jlgomez; 06-19-2019 at 07:26 PM.
post #1618 of 1654 Old 06-20-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:

OVC.. If u dont see it .. Lets verify your model number again.. But I cant remember correctly if OVC cannot be modified in ATMOS setting..
OVC can be modified in Atmos, along with Rear and Center. The modes (Standard/Movie/Bass/etc) are not supported when in Atmos.
post #1619 of 1654 Old 06-20-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
OVC can be modified in Atmos, along with Rear and Center. The modes (Standard/Movie/Bass/etc) are not supported when in Atmos.
No idea whats happening in this message..
post #1620 of 1654 Old 06-27-2019, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I apologize ahead of time for asking a lot of questions that might sound stupid to you guys and/or have been answered already but I am completely new to this and just bought my first "decent" setup (C8 + SK10Y). I tried searching/reading as best I could but still need a lot of help....

- What kind of cable (optical/hdmi) should I use to connect the SK10Y to my C8? My setup only consists of those two devices so far, nothing else. Most likely getting a blu ray player at some point.
On the official LG website it says "using an optical digital cable will give you optimal performance" but from what I read so far, most people are using HDMI?

- I see a lot of people talking about "the app" that's needed to further configure the soundbar? It seems this is the only/best way to finetune it but I have no idea where to get it or what it is called actually.

- Firmware updates are mentioned frequently as one of the first things you should do when setting up - how do I do that? I have wifi at home, which my C8 TV is already connected to if that helps.

- are their any guides or "optimal settings" for the soundbar? I am a complete noob and worry about missing or messing up important settings

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
arc , hdr , lg sk10y , sky10y , soundbar , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page