197Likes

post #1621 of 1817 Old 06-27-2019, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyQ View Post
I apologize ahead of time for asking a lot of questions that might sound stupid to you guys and/or have been answered already but I am completely new to this and just bought my first "decent" setup (C8 + SK10Y). I tried searching/reading as best I could but still need a lot of help....

- What kind of cable (optical/hdmi) should I use to connect the SK10Y to my C8? My setup only consists of those two devices so far, nothing else. Most likely getting a blu ray player at some point.
On the official LG website it says "using an optical digital cable will give you optimal performance" but from what I read so far, most people are using HDMI?

- I see a lot of people talking about "the app" that's needed to further configure the soundbar? It seems this is the only/best way to finetune it but I have no idea where to get it or what it is called actually.

- Firmware updates are mentioned frequently as one of the first things you should do when setting up - how do I do that? I have wifi at home, which my C8 TV is already connected to if that helps.

- are their any guides or "optimal settings" for the soundbar? I am a complete noob and worry about missing or messing up important settings

Thanks guys!
First of all yes u do have to download the app and do it as soon as possible so u can update the firmware for the bar it can only be done threw the app.. I suggest getting a few good cables and just replacing all your HDMI cables and starting from scratch HDMI cables are all u need .. optical is not needed the serve the same purpose..here is a link for some cheap great ones I bought on amazon..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

remember u have to adjust the settings on your TV also make sure to connect the arc from the sound bar to the arc on the tv which is input 2.. ARC is audio return channel which sends audio back and forth to all devices even when not directly connected to the sound bar.. set sound on tv to hdmi arc... and in general settings u want to set simplink on also .. in picture additional settings u want to set the HDMI Ultra deep color ON for what ever inputs use HDR I set it on for whatever inputs use 4k but anyway.. On the sound bar I use the standard settings I find its the most natural of all unless im using atmos that of course switches automatically to atmos.. keep auto volume off.. you going to have to adjust the individual settings for the speakers as u like them for me there different because I have the rear speaker package also.. Very important u do the firmware update because before the update it doesnt have a way to adjust the center channel which was a big problem before with the soundbar after the updates the fixed it.. hope this helps a little..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1817 Old 06-28-2019, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys,

So I just read through 55 pages and I have a question. I just ordered the SK10Y to pair with my Xbox One X and LG SK8000.
My X1X has been connected to my tv for the past year and I've gotten Atmos and Vision no problem. Now my X1X is plugged into the SB HDMI 1 and the SB Arc into the TV.
I have tried every possible connection and HDMI cable that I own and I cannot get Vision working. Xbox either runs in 4k UHD or, in the case of netflix, HDR.
When I plug my Xbox directly into the TV and run Arc to the SB I have bad lip sync problems which are also unsolvable...
I'm getting frustrated and am not sure what to do... somebody mentioned an HDFury HDMI splitter. Does anyone have any experience with that? Do I have to buy the SL10YG just to get my DV back? Is there a solution that doesn't require me to fork out the rest of my rent money? I'm at a loss...
Thanks!
post #1623 of 1817 Old 07-05-2019, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxD4RKxXx View Post
Hey guys,

So I just read through 55 pages and I have a question. I just ordered the SK10Y to pair with my Xbox One X and LG SK8000.
My X1X has been connected to my tv for the past year and I've gotten Atmos and Vision no problem. Now my X1X is plugged into the SB HDMI 1 and the SB Arc into the TV.
I have tried every possible connection and HDMI cable that I own and I cannot get Vision working. Xbox either runs in 4k UHD or, in the case of netflix, HDR.
When I plug my Xbox directly into the TV and run Arc to the SB I have bad lip sync problems which are also unsolvable...
I'm getting frustrated and am not sure what to do... somebody mentioned an HDFury HDMI splitter. Does anyone have any experience with that? Do I have to buy the SL10YG just to get my DV back? Is there a solution that doesn't require me to fork out the rest of my rent money? I'm at a loss...
Thanks!
Do you have ultra deep color enabled for input 2 on your TV settings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1624 of 1817 Old 07-07-2019, 04:13 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Hi guys, I have the lg SL10YG and I can’t figure out how to update manually the firmware. Which iOS app I have to download ? I tried the music flow and the lg hifi speaker app but can’t find my soundbar on my Wi-Fi network. I tried to reset the soundbar reconnected with the google home. I had some problems to connected to 5g so I moved my router near. Now the soundbar seems to be connected but I can’t connect the iOS apps with the soundbar. Any help?
post #1625 of 1817 Old 07-07-2019, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagos1103gr1 View Post
Hi guys, I have the lg SL10YG and I can’t figure out how to update manually the firmware. Which iOS app I have to download ? I tried the music flow and the lg hifi speaker app but can’t find my soundbar on my Wi-Fi network. I tried to reset the soundbar reconnected with the google home. I had some problems to connected to 5g so I moved my router near. Now the soundbar seems to be connected but I can’t connect the iOS apps with the soundbar. Any help?
Cant help u with IOS im an Android guy.. But in the playstore for droid u just type in LG speaker app and it comes up.. Should be called the same in IOS..
post #1626 of 1817 Old 07-07-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgomez View Post
Cant help u with IOS im an Android guy.. But in the playstore for droid u just type in LG speaker app and it comes up.. Should be called the same in IOS..
I have that but keep disconnecting the app from the soundbar. It also appears has problem the google assistance to connect sometimes. The Wi-Fi on soundbar says connected but periodically losing connection, I can see that from the google home. Do you know if the soundbar upgrade the firmware automatically?
post #1627 of 1817 Old 07-07-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
I have that but keep disconnecting the app from the soundbar. It also appears has problem the google assistance to connect sometimes. The Wi-Fi on soundbar says connected but periodically losing connection, I can see that from the google home. Do you know if the soundbar upgrade the firmware automatically?
Have you tried resetting the sound bar to factory settings and starting from scratch again.. press and hold WIFI button on the
sound bar until you hear the beep sound once. You can see “RESET” on the display window
post #1628 of 1817 Old 07-07-2019, 09:26 AM

Yes I did 3 times already. I change the 5 hrz channel on my router from 36 to 153. I am gonna test it further. I also test it with the 2 g on my router and was the same disconnection. I am gonna call tomorrow an lg technician. I was seeing also the reviews of the lg speaker app was very bad and other people have the same problem connecting the app with the soundbar. From where can I know if the soundbar has the latest firmware?
post #1629 of 1817 Old 07-07-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Yes I did 3 times already. I change the 5 hrz channel on my router from 36 to 153. I am gonna test it further. I also test it with the 2 g on my router and was the same disconnection. I am gonna call tomorrow an lg technician. I was seeing also the reviews of the lg speaker app was very bad and other people have the same problem connecting the app with the soundbar. From where can I know if the soundbar has the latest firmware?
through the app.. sorry.. did u say the router is close to the bar .. that might be an issue and is interfering with the subwoofer.. try father away not closer.. just try the soundbar in another room just for testing purposes doesnt have to be connected to the tv just to see if it still disconnects on u..
post #1630 of 1817 Old 07-07-2019, 10:51 AM

I got it to work I change my router from the bridge modem to router and the bar is stable connected now and the app is communicate also. I don’t know how you upgrade the firmware?
post #1631 of 1817 Old 07-07-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I got it to work I change my router from the bridge modem to router and the bar is stable connected now and the app is communicate also. I don’t know how you upgrade the firmware?
bridge mode should not matter .. bridge mode is when connecting 2 routers together to disable the wifi on the first router.. but ok.. and upgrade the firmware through the app after its connecting to the sound bar there is a setting to check for latest firmware or what firmware u have .. u can figure that out..
post #1632 of 1817 Old 07-07-2019, 11:39 AM

Thanks, I see on the app on the end software version information and there show you the detail version .there isn’t any other options for manual firmware upgrade.
post #1633 of 1817 Old 07-07-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I see on the app on the end software version information and there show you the detail version .there isn’t any other options for manual firmware upgrade.
If i remember correct when u check the version u have .. it checks to see if its latest.. if it needs to upgrade it does then..
post #1634 of 1817 Old 07-08-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Do you have ultra deep color enabled for input 2 on your TV settings
Yes I do. All my settings are correct, it just doesn't seem like the sk10y supports DV passthrough.
I've ordered the SL10YG (I managed to find a deal and got it for the same price as the sk10y). I will be arriving tomorrow and hopefully it solves the issue.
post #1635 of 1817 Old 07-08-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Yes I do. All my settings are correct, it just doesn't seem like the sk10y supports DV passthrough.
I've ordered the SL10YG (I managed to find a deal and got it for the same price as the sk10y). I will be arriving tomorrow and hopefully it solves the issue.
Sorry to double post, I just got my SL10YG and teh XB1X STILL wont output dolby vision...I guess this is an issue with Xbox and the Soundbar then? Anyone have any solutions?
post #1636 of 1817 Old 07-08-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Sorry to double post, I just got my SL10YG and teh XB1X STILL wont output dolby vision...I guess this is an issue with Xbox and the Soundbar then? Anyone have any solutions?
Not sure if this helps .. But im also going to try a dv bluray in a few and ill let u know what happens..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#235e60c5c936
post #1637 of 1817 Old 07-08-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
OK.. Heres the outcome.. First I took IT in 4k which does play dolby vision.. And no through the sound bar only HDR and I also connected the xbox directly to the tv and NO it only plays HDR.. But I noticed something when you go to the video settings of the xbox and look at the dolby vision setting.. READ IT.. It does not mention playing dolby vison blurays at all only APPS.. So NO its not the TV or Sound bar its the xbox they have yet to enable dolby vison on bluray but give it time it took them a while to get atmos at all..
post #1638 of 1817 Old 07-08-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
OK.. Heres the outcome.. First I took IT in 4k which does play dolby vision.. And no through the sound bar only HDR and I also connected the xbox directly to the tv and NO it only plays HDR.. But I noticed something when you go to the video settings of the xbox and look at the dolby vision setting.. READ IT.. It does not mention playing dolby vison blurays at all only APPS.. So NO its not the TV or Sound bar its the xbox they have yet to enable dolby vison on bluray but give it time it took them a while to get atmos at all..
The Xbox never has supported DV on bluray. I'm talking about Netflix and games. I've had dolby vision through my Xbox when plugged directly into the TV for over a year, and now it just doesn't work anymore when running through the soundbar.
post #1639 of 1817 Old 07-09-2019, 01:22 AM

Quote:
The Xbox never has supported DV on bluray. I'm talking about Netflix and games. I've had dolby vision through my Xbox when plugged directly into the TV for over a year, and now it just doesn't work anymore when running through the soundbar.
Well u r 100% correct dolby vision pass through on the ports on the soundbar do not work.. It does however work on arc through the sound bar because you are then connecting the xbox to the TV.. So if you have a TV model that supports also Atmos through arc like my oled then the only work around is to connect the xbox through one of the tv ports and use arc on the sound bar it does then work both atmos and dolby vision I did test with netflix.. try calling lg tomorrow and see what they say I dont suggest calling now because they have limited staff on overnight that might not be that knowledgeable.. good luck
post #1640 of 1817 Old 07-09-2019, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Well u r 100% correct dolby vision pass through on the ports on the soundbar do not work.. It does however work on arc through the sound bar because you are then connecting the xbox to the TV.. So if you have a TV model that supports also Atmos through arc like my oled then the only work around is to connect the xbox through one of the tv ports and use arc on the sound bar it does then work both atmos and dolby vision I did test with netflix.. try calling lg tomorrow and see what they say I dont suggest calling now because they have limited staff on overnight that might not be that knowledgeable.. good luck
My TV does support Vision and Atmos but whenever my Xbox is plugged in to the TV directly I get bad audio lag on the soundbar which isn't fixed by any sync settings. This is a known bug and LG has no plans to fix it at this time...also only lossy atmos is supported through ARC- so not real atmos anyways.
I think the only way to get both atmos and vision working for me now is to buy a HDFury HDMI splitter or something of that nature...
post #1641 of 1817 Old 07-09-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
My TV does support Vision and Atmos but whenever my Xbox is plugged in to the TV directly I get bad audio lag on the soundbar which isn't fixed by any sync settings. This is a known bug and LG has no plans to fix it at this time...also only lossy atmos is supported through ARC- so not real atmos anyways.
I think the only way to get both atmos and vision working for me now is to buy a HDFury HDMI splitter or something of that nature...

Give a try to LG maybe youll get an actual knowledgeable person that might have a solution for you.. But I think If I where you I would either get a stand alone player that might actually work correctly or return the bar a get this one I saw a review on it more expensive but seems to be the best right now.. Look at the video and this guy does not support crap he calls out everyone on their defects and actually called out LG on theirs when the sk10y came out over the center channel problem..

post #1642 of 1817 Old 07-09-2019, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Give a try to LG maybe youll get an actual knowledgeable person that might have a solution for you.. But I think If I where you I would either get a stand alone player that might actually work correctly or return the bar a get this one I saw a review on it more expensive but seems to be the best right now.. Look at the video and this guy does not support crap he calls out everyone on their defects and actually called out LG on theirs when the sk10y came out over the center channel problem..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gkLfA9LnCc&t=488s
I got in touch with LG and they told me that the soundbar only supports high-latency vision passthrough and the Xbox produces low-latency. So it's not and likely won't be supported...
It's unfortunately too much hassle now to replace this soundbar, as I ordered it from US to EU and got it for a decent price. Also, most of the best bars aren't even available in EU like the Nakamichi
post #1643 of 1817 Old 07-10-2019, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hallo all, I have a problem with my LG SK10Y and my Apple TV 4K.

I have a Samsung KS8000. All the connections are how they are supposed to be, and the HDMI cables support HDR 60 frames. Apple TV 4K detects the soundbar as ATMOS, and can use it on supported titles.

My problem, is that the sound I am getting when using Netflix from Apple TV, is greatly inferior with the sound when I am using the Netflix from the television, both in quality and in loudness (from Apple TV max vol is something like 25 when playing from TV).

In fact, the sound is similar with the sound I am getting from the TV, when I force the output from PCM to dolby surround. The sound I get from Apple TV 4K when using auto option or Dolby surround seems to be the same.

Anyone has any idea what could be happening?
post #1644 of 1817 Old 07-10-2019, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papakaliati View Post
Hallo all, I have a problem with my LG SK10Y and my Apple TV 4K.

I have a Samsung KS8000. All the connections are how they are supposed to be, and the HDMI cables support HDR 60 frames. Apple TV 4K detects the soundbar as ATMOS, and can use it on supported titles.

My problem, is that the sound I am getting when using Netflix from Apple TV, is greatly inferior with the sound when I am using the Netflix from the television, both in quality and in loudness (from Apple TV max vol is something like 25 when playing from TV).

In fact, the sound is similar with the sound I am getting from the TV, when I force the output from PCM to dolby surround. The sound I get from Apple TV 4K when using auto option or Dolby surround seems to be the same.

Anyone has any idea what could be happening?
I have the same audio issue. ATV4K plugged into LG SK10Y and then SK10Y to tv thru ARC.

All movies played through ATV4K are very low and demand the volume be increased TREMENDOUSLY, especially in ATMOS. Non-Atmos content seems fine only with a workaround which is changing the effect from standard to Movie mode; doing this amplifies the sound a lot.

However, if I watch movies through the native TV apps on my tv, Atmos and Non-Atmos content are both equally loud and no adjustments are needed. I can set the soundbar to say Volume 16 and its loud. However with the ATV4K playing Atmos content, I have to increase the volume to about 26-28 on the soundbar just to get near the same level of sound.
post #1645 of 1817 Old 07-11-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkgabe View Post
I have the same audio issue. ATV4K plugged into LG SK10Y and then SK10Y to tv thru ARC.

All movies played through ATV4K are very low and demand the volume be increased TREMENDOUSLY, especially in ATMOS. Non-Atmos content seems fine only with a workaround which is changing the effect from standard to Movie mode; doing this amplifies the sound a lot.

However, if I watch movies through the native TV apps on my tv, Atmos and Non-Atmos content are both equally loud and no adjustments are needed. I can set the soundbar to say Volume 16 and its loud. However with the ATV4K playing Atmos content, I have to increase the volume to about 26-28 on the soundbar just to get near the same level of sound.
Have you tried with other devices connected to the soundbar? Is it sound bar issue or Apple TV 4K issue ?
post #1646 of 1817 Old 07-11-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papakaliati View Post
Have you tried with other devices connected to the soundbar? Is it sound bar issue or Apple TV 4K issue ?
I also have an Nvidia shield. No audio issues with it. Sound volume is equally loud.
post #1647 of 1817 Old 07-12-2019, 03:49 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You need to reset the ATV 4k

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
post #1648 of 1817 Old 07-12-2019, 10:31 AM

I had it replaced by Best Buy last week, and same issue.
post #1649 of 1817 Old 07-12-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefy314 View Post
You need to reset the ATV 4k

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
I did a factory reset, no change whatsoever.
post #1650 of 1817 Old 07-12-2019, 10:58 AM

Does anyone has the Apple TV 4K that could confirm if the sound is indeed lower than when playing from other sources?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
arc , hdr , lg sk10y , sky10y , soundbar , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page