Forum Jump: 
 199Likes

post #1651 of 1861 Old 07-16-2019, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
SK10Y Surround sound and bass issues.

I've had the SK10Y along with the surround speakers for 6 months. I seem to be having issues with the surround sound. It seems I only get SS when watching a movie and the mode is set to "Movie". I do not get SS while watching TV or netflix in the other modes. What I get out of the rears is the same as the soundbar. I have the LGC8, should I be looking at the settings in setup? Even the my bass is turned up to max, I hardly get any bass as well. How far should the subwoofer be from the router? Right now, it's only a foot. I downloaded the LG app but I can only access it in about 1 out of 50 times. Most of the time it's blank. I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1861 Old 07-16-2019, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbo View Post
SK10Y Surround sound and bass issues.

I've had the SK10Y along with the surround speakers for 6 months. I seem to be having issues with the surround sound. It seems I only get SS when watching a movie and the mode is set to "Movie". I do not get SS while watching TV or netflix in the other modes. What I get out of the rears is the same as the soundbar. I have the LGC8, should I be looking at the settings in setup? Even the my bass is turned up to max, I hardly get any bass as well. How far should the subwoofer be from the router? Right now, it's only a foot. I downloaded the LG app but I can only access it in about 1 out of 50 times. Most of the time it's blank. I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks you!
Try a reset on the bar and start from scratch.. i posted a few timmes on here how to do it..
post #1653 of 1861 Old 07-16-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgomez View Post
Try a reset on the bar and start from scratch.. i posted a few timmes on here how to do it..
OK Great!! I'll look up your posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1654 of 1861 Old 07-16-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Thank you!!!
post #1655 of 1861 Old 07-18-2019, 06:21 AM

LGTK 10 and SK9Y

Does anyone know if SK9Y compatible with TV stand kit TK10 which is compatible by default with SK10Y...
Trying to find any sort of the subj item but unfortunately found nothing compared =((
post #1656 of 1861 Old 07-20-2019, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergey Savelyev View Post
Does anyone know if SK9Y compatible with TV stand kit TK10 which is compatible by default with SK10Y...
Trying to find any sort of the subj item but unfortunately found nothing compared =((
no the 9y is not.. I have the sk10y with the tk10.. And also have the sk9y in my living room alone.. I just checked the tk10 has these i would call like alleys that the sk10y has openings on the back for that it slides into each other and i just checked and the 9y doesnt have it.. look on google for a pic of the back of an sk10y and you will see what I mean ther just rectangular holes that the tk10 brackets slide into.. Now the tk10 seems to also work with the new SL10YG at leaast I hope it does because I just ordered one to replace the my 10y in my bedrom with the tk10 and then moving the 10y to the living room and selling the 9y.. I got the tk10 on amazon.uk after a 2 month waitlist preorder and had to pay like $60 for shipping because in the US you cant find anywhere not even LG US says it excist idiots.. But anyway it looks beautiful with the 65oled..
post #1657 of 1861 Old 07-20-2019, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Mine has been acting weird lately. The other day the sound was muffled and almost sounded like a blown speaker. Now the volume has been all over the place and the sound is tiny. I’ll have to try a reset and see if that fixes any issues.
post #1658 of 1861 Old 07-23-2019, 12:01 PM

Guys and gals.. I need some suggestions.. I just got the new SL10YG and Im getting a constant noise out of the sub as if it was a low skipping on a record thats lightly scarctched about every 5 seconds.. First of all I do have alot of wifi devices in my room including the router itself and alexa .. a laptop wifi.. a usb wifi device connected to the laptop for better range.. a wifi tablet always on on rotating pictures.. a wifi wall clock.. another alexa just being used a second speaker .. i have the rear speaker kit also for the bar.. I moved the sub to the other side of the room but it continues.. I also fideled with the settings for the router changing channels and other stuff.. but no dice still the noise.. my old sk10y didnt have this issue at all in the same location.. any ideas
post #1659 of 1861 Old 07-24-2019, 12:32 AM

Wells ladies and gentlemen.. Since I had the SK10Y also besides the new soundbar it turns out they use the same exact subwoofer so took them and swapped subs and definately a bad sub is all.. so off to LG the Soundbar and sub go for repair .. They will not take just the sub they say they have no way of testing out just the Sub by itself that the techniatian needs the bar also.. Because i bought it open box for half price I have to get it repiared instead of just returning it because they have no more open box sound bars to replace it with.. o well
post #1660 of 1861 Old 07-24-2019, 01:58 AM

I have the 65C8 with the sound bar and tk10 stand.. Does anyone know if the make a stand like the tk10 for the 65B7A
post #1661 of 1861 Old 07-24-2019, 02:26 PM

Guys and gals.. Just an FYI.. The subwoofer on the 2018 SK8Y.. SK9Y and SK10Y look and are called the same SK8-W as the 2019 version included with SL10YG .. BUT there is one differnence 2018 models of the sub are 200 watts and 2019 models are 220 watts.. I guess they noticed the sk8-w was a subpar sub after all..
post #1662 of 1861 Old 07-24-2019, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have an SK10Y soundbar with an LG C8 TV and Xfinity for Cable. I had the box connected directly to the TV and used ARC to connect to the soundbar, but was dealing with audio lag. The TV only lets me add delay to the audio, not delay the video so I had to find a different solution. I'm not sure if there are any alternative fixes available, but I found that by switching the xfinity box hdmi cable to the soundbar HDMI port 1 and then connecting that to the TV, I solved the audio lag. Now my issue is, when I turn on the TV and it turns to HDMI 2 (which is correct), the soundbar switches to ARC and the TV says "no video signal." I then have to use the soundbar remote and switch the source over to HDMI 1 each time. Is there any way to solve this so the soundbar stays on HDMI 1 and doesn't keep switching to ARC?

Thanks so much!
post #1663 of 1861 Old 07-25-2019, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So this was asked by someone earlier but was never answered. I have the sk10y (connected by ARC) and did a firmware upgrade to it and everytime I turn off my TV the sound bar would mute itself and turn off as well. And when I turn the tv back on the soundbar stays muted and I would have to unmute it. Kind of annoying but not a deal breaker. LG could not give me any answers, hell their tech support didn't even know you could do a firmware upgrade as he kept trying to tell me the sk10y has no possible way of upgrading. Prior to the firmware upgrade the soundbar was not doing this only after. I can't seem to find any option to stop this on the remote, instruction manuals, or the lg speaker app. I'm almost at the point where I will just forgo the Atmos and connect via optical. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Oh and my tv is a vizio p75-f1 (might have something to do with it as the other person who was having the same issue had a p65-f1)
post #1664 of 1861 Old 07-25-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpzsports View Post
Hello,

I have an SK10Y soundbar with an LG C8 TV and Xfinity for Cable. I had the box connected directly to the TV and used ARC to connect to the soundbar, but was dealing with audio lag. The TV only lets me add delay to the audio, not delay the video so I had to find a different solution. I'm not sure if there are any alternative fixes available, but I found that by switching the xfinity box hdmi cable to the soundbar HDMI port 1 and then connecting that to the TV, I solved the audio lag. Now my issue is, when I turn on the TV and it turns to HDMI 2 (which is correct), the soundbar switches to ARC and the TV says "no video signal." I then have to use the soundbar remote and switch the source over to HDMI 1 each time. Is there any way to solve this so the soundbar stays on HDMI 1 and doesn't keep switching to ARC?

Thanks so much!
do u have any other stuff connected to the tv directly right now after u switched the box to hdmi on the bar.. it might be taking presidence in the handshaking with CEC or simplink this was happening to me.. also make sure that simplink or cec is enabled on the cable box if it has it..
post #1665 of 1861 Old 07-25-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Choi View Post
So this was asked by someone earlier but was never answered. I have the sk10y (connected by ARC) and did a firmware upgrade to it and everytime I turn off my TV the sound bar would mute itself and turn off as well. And when I turn the tv back on the soundbar stays muted and I would have to unmute it. Kind of annoying but not a deal breaker. LG could not give me any answers, hell their tech support didn't even know you could do a firmware upgrade as he kept trying to tell me the sk10y has no possible way of upgrading. Prior to the firmware upgrade the soundbar was not doing this only after. I can't seem to find any option to stop this on the remote, instruction manuals, or the lg speaker app. I'm almost at the point where I will just forgo the Atmos and connect via optical. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Oh and my tv is a vizio p75-f1 (might have something to do with it as the other person who was having the same issue had a p65-f1)
first of all u should use hdmi arc unless its just not possible if u do so dont leave the optical connected there is no need to do that just make sure u connect the arc cable to both arc on tv and on soundbar.. u will get better audio that way.. search on here I explained how to do a factory reset to the bar that wont chane the firmware but it might fix the problem.. how that helps
post #1666 of 1861 Old 07-27-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
do u have any other stuff connected to the tv directly right now after u switched the box to hdmi on the bar.. it might be taking presidence in the handshaking with CEC or simplink this was happening to me.. also make sure that simplink or cec is enabled on the cable box if it has it..
Nothing else is connected and unfortunately I do not see any setting on the Xfinity box to enable CEC. Very frustrating...

When I had my Xfinity box connected to the TV and the soundbar connected via ARC it worked well from a connectivity standpoint, but the issue is, the audio is slightly delayed behind the video. The TV and soundbar have settings to adjust audio sync, but only to add delay to the audio (not delay video). Is there any way to fix this?
post #1667 of 1861 Old 07-27-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Nothing else is connected and unfortunately I do not see any setting on the Xfinity box to enable CEC. Very frustrating...

When I had my Xfinity box connected to the TV and the soundbar connected via ARC it worked well from a connectivity standpoint, but the issue is, the audio is slightly delayed behind the video. The TV and soundbar have settings to adjust audio sync, but only to add delay to the audio (not delay video). Is there any way to fix this?

Send me the model number of that xfinity box..
post #1668 of 1861 Old 07-28-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Send me the model number of that xfinity box..
Sure, it is XG2v2-P. Thanks for your continued help with this!
post #1669 of 1861 Old 07-28-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Sure, it is XG2v2-P. Thanks for your continued help with this!
I found a thread on it.. It looks like lovely comcast disabled the CEC for that box for some lovely reason.. But check to make sure you dont have it and from what I see alot of people are pissed and want it back so maybe check in the future..

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/HDM...d/td-p/3070131
post #1670 of 1861 Old 07-28-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:

By the way dont remember if I asked or not.. Did you try a factory reset on the bar.. I mentioned on this thread before how to do it.. Also try fidiling with the cec settings and see if that makes a differnece.. they are on settings, general under simplink cec
post #1671 of 1861 Old 07-29-2019, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Do you reckon the TK10 would fit the C9?
post #1672 of 1861 Old 07-30-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammiwinks View Post
Do you reckon the TK10 would fit the C9?

not sure i have it on the 65c8.. i would suggest searching for pics on google of mine the c8 and see if the back is the same or not..
post #1673 of 1861 Old 07-30-2019, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Is there a better way to control this device besides IR? Would love to be able to direct select Input via ANY other method?
post #1674 of 1861 Old 07-30-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
Is there a better way to control this device besides IR? Would love to be able to direct select Input via ANY other method?
Not 100% sure the question but I use the Logitech harmoney hub with basic remote with my alexa for my A/V setup.. Works well once you got out all the bugs.. Theres been alot of specials on the hub with the basic remote be sure not to buy the set with the remote with the lcd it will drive u nuts u will clicking that lcd by mistake all the time..
post #1675 of 1861 Old 07-30-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirth24 View Post
I didnt explain something the Logitech can receive rf from its own remote but then transmits to ur devices in infared.. hope that helps
post #1676 of 1861 Old 07-31-2019, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
not sure i have it on the 65c8.. i would suggest searching for pics on google of mine the c8 and see if the back is the same or not..
Hmm looks similar!

C8:

c9:

post #1677 of 1861 Old 08-01-2019, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Have you actually researched the availability of this.. It took me about three months on back order from Amazon.uk to get it and I had to pay over 100 for after shipping.. And thats when Amazon.uk allowed me to backorder it.. Just wondering if you realize how difficult it is to get this tk10.. But that said even if it doesnt fit im sure there 100's of people that would happily take it off your hands for whatever u paid..
post #1678 of 1861 Old 08-01-2019, 03:43 AM

Quote:
The web of what my c8 looked like before the tk10 install it seems gives misleading pics of the back. This is my c8 with the tk10 installed..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190801_062940.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	2597036  
post #1679 of 1861 Old 08-02-2019, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I have a question. I recently changed my AppleTV from going through ARC to being in HDMI 1. Now I have a lot of flickering and sound issues. I’m using a Monoprice cable. Anyone have this issue?
post #1680 of 1861 Old 08-02-2019, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitechicguy View Post
Mine has been acting weird lately. The other day the sound was muffled and almost sounded like a blown speaker. Now the volume has been all over the place and the sound is tiny. I’ll have to try a reset and see if that fixes any issues.
Mine has been having the same problems. I used to listen at 18-22 volume level, and now, most of the time I have to raise to 34-38 to be able to listen. I also find the low frequencies inconsistent.

It doesn't happen with Atmos, which sounds just like before, so I think it is not the sub failing. In fact, I noticed this difference after the latest sound bar firmware update

Any suggestions?

Gus

Last edited by Gusnyc; 08-02-2019 at 07:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
arc , hdr , lg sk10y , sky10y , soundbar , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page