196Likes

post #1681 of 1714 Old 08-02-2019, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusnyc View Post
Mine has been having the same problems. I used to listen at 18-22 volume level, and now, most of the time I have to raise to 34-38 to be able to listen. I also find the low frequencies inconsistent.

It doesn't happen with Atmos, which sounds just like before, so I think it is not the sub failing. In fact, I noticed this difference after the latest sound bar firmware update

Any suggestions?

Gus
Try a factory reset.. It wont change the firmware but it might just fix the problem.. I explained in an earlier post on here how to do it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 1714 Old 08-02-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitechicguy View Post
I have a question. I recently changed my AppleTV from going through ARC to being in HDMI 1. Now I have a lot of flickering and sound issues. I’m using a Monoprice cable. Anyone have this issue?
Well u should always have an hdmi connected through arc from tv to soundbar because like that if u use an app u will get audio from the sound bar... I suggest swapping hdmi cables maybe..
post #1683 of 1714 Old 08-02-2019, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Yes I do still have it connected to the TV for the apps on there. I just changed the AppleTV to HDMI 1 because of reading about not getting the full lossless sound from ARC. I’ll try another cable if it doesn’t fix it I’ll just have to stick to ARC if it means none of these issues. I also did a reset to see if that helps me.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1684 of 1714 Old 08-02-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Yes I do still have it connected to the TV for the apps on there. I just changed the AppleTV to HDMI 1 because of reading about not getting the full lossless sound from ARC. I’ll try another cable if it doesn’t fix it I’ll just have to stick to ARC if it means none of these issues. I also did a reset to see if that helps me.

Thanks!
It really does soundlike an HDMI cable issue.. also ther is a setting on the TV called HDMI Ultra deep color if u have an LG tv .. play with that on and off and see if that makes a differnece.. also u can try another device on that port with that cable ur having issues just to rule out the appletv or a compatabilty issue with it..
post #1685 of 1714 Old 08-08-2019, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey all,

I have my LG SK10Y for about 2 months now and still can’t get Atmos to sound good.
My current setup is a Nvidia Shield > LG SK10Y > LG B7.
Atmos is working on both ARC (TV apps) and Shield, but neither of those sound good. I prefer normal DTS/Dolby rather than Atmos.

In “calm” scenes, when there’s not much action, Atmos sounds good. But when there’s a fight action, explosions, etc. it doesn’t sound good at all. And dialogue during those scenes, forget it. Can’t hear it.

I saw some previous posts complaining the same. Have you found a way to fix it? Or this is how Atmos really sound on this soundbar?
If so, then I think Atmos is kinda useless on it...

Cheers
post #1686 of 1714 Old 08-09-2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgodinho View Post
Hey all,

I have my LG SK10Y for about 2 months now and still can’t get Atmos to sound good.
My current setup is a Nvidia Shield > LG SK10Y > LG B7.
Atmos is working on both ARC (TV apps) and Shield, but neither of those sound good. I prefer normal DTS/Dolby rather than Atmos.

In “calm” scenes, when there’s not much action, Atmos sounds good. But when there’s a fight action, explosions, etc. it doesn’t sound good at all. And dialogue during those scenes, forget it. Can’t hear it.

I saw some previous posts complaining the same. Have you found a way to fix it? Or this is how Atmos really sound on this soundbar?
If so, then I think Atmos is kinda useless on it...

Cheers
It sounds like you havent done the firmware update so u can modify center channel so that dialogue can be heard better .. u have to do it through an app on your phone..
post #1687 of 1714 Old 08-09-2019, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgomez View Post
It sounds like you havent done the firmware update so u can modify center channel so that dialogue can be heard better .. u have to do it through an app on your phone..
I have updated it already. And center channel is on maximum (+6). The problem is that it is very noticeable the dialogue difference between action scenes and normal scenes. Action scenes you barely hear it. Normal scenes is very high volume.
post #1688 of 1714 Old 08-09-2019, 02:32 AM

Quote:
I have updated it already. And center channel is on maximum (+6). The problem is that it is very noticeable the dialogue difference between action scenes and normal scenes. Action scenes you barely hear it. Normal scenes is very high volume.
If the B7 is not an Atmos ready tv then u have to make sure u r connecting ur atmos product to the hdmi port on the bar not through arc and also if it not a an atmos tv then u will also not get atmos through arc on apps.. And also before u ask all B7's are not made the same a B7P supports Atmos and a B7A does not..

Last edited by jlgomez; 08-09-2019 at 02:41 AM.
post #1689 of 1714 Old 08-09-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
If what explained earlier doesnt help try a factory reset on the bar.. i explained on earlier posts how to do it..
post #1690 of 1714 Old 08-09-2019, 09:28 AM

Dolby Atmos is properly connected. I see Dolby Atmos notification on the soundbar on every Atmos movie/show (on TV apps or Plex on Shield). And B7 is Atmos compatible. The only problem is really the dialogue. I just would like to know if it’s a standard behavior of the soundbar or just something is not well connected in my setup...
post #1691 of 1714 Old 08-09-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
If what explained earlier doesnt help try a factory reset on the bar.. i explained on earlier posts how to do it..
Did it already. No luck.
So your Atmos sound just fine? No issues at all with dialogue in loud scenes? Have you tried the “Horizon” Atmos trailer? As from 50 seconds of the clip, you can see the difference of the dialogue volume.
post #1692 of 1714 Old 08-09-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Did it already. No luck.
So your Atmos sound just fine? No issues at all with dialogue in loud scenes? Have you tried the “Horizon” Atmos trailer? As from 50 seconds of the clip, you can see the difference of the dialogue volume.
All my movies sound fine after the firmware for the center channel.. I was one of the early buyers of the SK10Y and because of that problem I returned it.. And later when they fixed I bought it again.. Now I also have their new model SL10YG no issues.. I even have the a set of rears for my bedroom one.. I can honestly say im happy.. Do you have good quality hdmi cables.. Have u tried swapping those out just for ****s and giggles.. Also do u have auto volume enabled.. make sure thats off..
post #1693 of 1714 Old 08-09-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Dolby Atmos is properly connected. I see Dolby Atmos notification on the soundbar on every Atmos movie/show (on TV apps or Plex on Shield). And B7 is Atmos compatible. The only problem is really the dialogue. I just would like to know if it’s a standard behavior of the soundbar or just something is not well connected in my setup...
Like I explained I suggest whatever you need atmos out of.. connect it directly to the sound bar.. do not use arc in that.. u keep saying its a b7 look at the back of the tv and see which B7 it is.. like i explained not all b7's are alike..
post #1694 of 1714 Old 08-09-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Did it already. No luck.
I have balanced out my center speaker as best I can between having it at the highest volume and turning down the other speakers. It does sound almost as if the center speaker lowers its volume itself when there are louder sounds from the surrounds.
post #1695 of 1714 Old 08-09-2019, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I have balanced out my center speaker as best I can between having it at the highest volume and turning down the other speakers. It does sound almost as if the center speaker lowers its volume itself when there are louder sounds from the surrounds.
Auto Volume on or off
post #1696 of 1714 Old 08-11-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm referring to. So I'm not alone...
So you still have this issue? Any way to make it better?

Quote:
Auto Volume on or off
Mine is off. But I've tried Auto Volume and/or DRC on - improved a little, but not good enough.
post #1697 of 1714 Old 08-11-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:

Mine is off. But I've tried Auto Volume and/or DRC on - improved a little, but not good enough.
NO.. I would suggest those OFF.. not On.. Thats why I asked..
post #1698 of 1714 Old 08-11-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:

Just for the hell of it have you tried new HDMI cables all around both for arc and also connected to the sound bar.. these at a great price and have worked out great for me..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #1699 of 1714 Old 08-12-2019, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Dialogue is always an issue for me with the sk10y. No way of fixing it. I've just learned to live with it and maybe in another year or so, gift this soundbar and get myself another when Atmos bars have hopefully become better.
With this bar i have noticed that with Atmos, sometimes some action scenes get quieter instead of loud. Very noticeable in John Wick movies. Gun shots sound like they got silencers on. It's very annoying.

You may want to get another soundbar or just force 5.1 instead of atmos. It helps a bit.
post #1700 of 1714 Old 08-13-2019, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkgabe View Post
Dialogue is always an issue for me with the sk10y. No way of fixing it. I've just learned to live with it and maybe in another year or so, gift this soundbar and get myself another when Atmos bars have hopefully become better.
With this bar i have noticed that with Atmos, sometimes some action scenes get quieter instead of loud. Very noticeable in John Wick movies. Gun shots sound like they got silencers on. It's very annoying.

You may want to get another soundbar or just force 5.1 instead of atmos. It helps a bit.
I also had issues like this but once it had the firmaware update and I was able to modify the center channel all was well..

Last edited by jlgomez; 08-13-2019 at 03:02 AM.
post #1701 of 1714 Old 08-13-2019, 03:05 AM

Quote:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm complaining of.
Have you tried different HDMI cables as jlgomez mentioned? I think I have already HDMI 2.0 cable (at least I can see 4K/60p with no issues) but maybe I could try a better one?
post #1702 of 1714 Old 08-13-2019, 10:05 AM

Just got a new HDMI cable (2.1). Still same issue. So it seems to be an issue with the soundbar itself.
Hard to believe a soundbar this expensive where its main feature is Atmos and can't do it properly.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.
post #1703 of 1714 Old 08-13-2019, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Just got a new HDMI cable (2.1). Still same issue. So it seems to be an issue with the soundbar itself.
Hard to believe a soundbar this expensive where its main feature is Atmos and can't do it properly.

I have tried various cables, even expensive ones. Right now i've removed my Audioquest cables and now using the Belkin 48gbps hdmi cable for my ATV4k. The firmware update and multiple resets didn't fix it. Even with raising the center channel, dialogue is low and action scenes turn quiet.

I'm just glad I didn't pay full retail for this soundbar because it definitely doesn't perform at the levels you would expect from a soundbar at this price point.
post #1704 of 1714 Old 08-14-2019, 03:03 AM

Quote:

It sounds like both of you either have both a bad bar or have the same issue and we havent found the problem.. I ask again about making sure auto volume is off even though I have a feeling this option is disbaled in atmos setting..but I just noticed in the app their other settings that need to be off.. so off to auto volume.. off to drc.. and off to night time.. lets hope it was one of these..

Last edited by jlgomez; 08-14-2019 at 03:10 AM.
post #1705 of 1714 Old 08-14-2019, 03:04 AM

Quote:
I have tried various cables, even expensive ones. Right now i've removed my Audioquest cables and now using the Belkin 48gbps hdmi cable for my ATV4k. The firmware update and multiple resets didn't fix it. Even with raising the center channel, dialogue is low and action scenes turn quiet.

I'm just glad I didn't pay full retail for this soundbar because it definitely doesn't perform at the levels you would expect from a soundbar at this price point.
It sounds like both of you either have both a bad bar or have the same issue and we havent found the problem.. I ask again about making sure auto volume is off even though I have a feeling this option is disbaled in atmos setting..but I just noticed in the app their other settings that need to be off.. so off to auto volume.. off to drc.. and off to night time.. lets hope it was one of these..

Last edited by jlgomez; 08-14-2019 at 03:10 AM.
post #1706 of 1714 Old 08-16-2019, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those using the AppleTV, be aware that AppleTV has a setting called “Reduce loud sounds”. You can verify if it is on by calling up the info screen (where you would set subtitles). When TVOS12 came out it seems that Apple turned this setting on after the update for some devices.
I had similar problems with gunshots, explosions, and crashes before and discovered that this setting was on. Afterwords the sound is better. I still think the processing for dialog could be improved. I wish they gave an option to reduce the side speakers as well. I feel that the background music overpowers the dialogue even with the center at +6 and OVC at -4.
It would also be great if they had a separate profile for Atmos and other content. That way I could keep the OVC at +2-3 for Atmos and -4 for everything else. I hate changing it whenever I watch a Atmos movie.
post #1707 of 1714 Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richg799 View Post
I got them but haven’t installed them. Redoing cables is always a pain but I should get it done this weekend
I got them installed and I can’t say it fixed the problem. On some shows/channels the bass still seems to be dropping about for maybe a second and then come back. I got the cables you suggested so I am not using crappy cables. I replaced all of them.

Rich G
post #1708 of 1714 Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM

Quote:
I got them installed and I can’t say it fixed the problem. On some shows/channels the bass still seems to be dropping about for maybe a second and then come back. I got the cables you suggested so I am not using crappy cables. I replaced all of them.

Rich G
Rich first of all u quoted your own reply.. But I take it the message was menat for me.. Anyway have you tried this that I replied earlier.. "I ask again about making sure auto volume is off even though I have a feeling this option is disbaled in atmos setting..but I just noticed in the app their other settings that need to be off.. so off to auto volume.. off to drc.. and off to night time.. lets hope it was one of these.." im hoping this helps
post #1709 of 1714 Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM

Quote:

Rich G
I just noticed u said the bass is droping.. 2 things that might be the reason is first it might be to far from the bar trying moving it closer.. second is interferience with wireless device like a router or landline phone try moving it further away from those devices.. also just try moving somewhere else in the room sometimes we dont know whats interfering with it so just changing it placement might help.. hope this helps
post #1710 of 1714 Old Today, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I got them installed and I can’️t say it fixed the problem. On some shows/channels the bass still seems to be dropping about for maybe a second and then come back. I got the cables you suggested so I am not using crappy cables. I replaced all of them.

Rich G
I just noticed u said the bass is droping.. 2 things that might be the reason is first it might be to far from the bar trying moving it closer.. second is interferience with wireless device like a router or landline phone try moving it further away from those devices.. also just try moving somewhere else in the room sometimes we dont know whats interfering with it so just changing it placement might help.. hope this helps
Yea definitely make sure it’s away from a router. When I first got this and hooked it up my router went nuts. I had to move the woofer farther away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
arc , hdr , lg sk10y , sky10y , soundbar , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page