197Likes

post #1801 of 1823 Old 09-19-2019, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgomez View Post
I explained in an earlier post that I preordered mine from amazon.uk when one day it notified me that it was available.. Mind I had to pay for shipping because im in the US.. so a good chunk of my cost was the shipping.. See if u can get notified or maybe possibly preorder I waited about a month and half to receive after the preorder and they had actaul stock..
Wow what an incredibly useful product. Figures it doesn't exist anywhere. Ugh why. I'd spend hundreds on one because I hate my setup now. I bought an aftermarket ugly af stand that makes the tv way too high for my liking and the soundbar is literally hanging an inch off the tv stand. It's already fallen off once and my kids are always messing with it to the point where I have it hooked up to a smart plug so they don't keep turning it off and on all day. They already factory reset it twice by pressing some combination of the buttons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1823 Old 09-19-2019, 11:00 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 8
does anybody know if the SK10Y or the SK9Y can use bluetooth sources such as a wireless Bluetooth turntable, such as the Audio Technica AT-LP60BK-BT ?

i want to buy a sound bar surround system to replace my aging bulky Home theater system, but i also have a lot of records and still want to be able to play my vinyl.
post #1803 of 1823 Old 09-19-2019, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner89 View Post
Wow what an incredibly useful product. Figures it doesn't exist anywhere. Ugh why. I'd spend hundreds on one because I hate my setup now. I bought an aftermarket ugly af stand that makes the tv way too high for my liking and the soundbar is literally hanging an inch off the tv stand. It's already fallen off once and my kids are always messing with it to the point where I have it hooked up to a smart plug so they don't keep turning it off and on all day. They already factory reset it twice by pressing some combination of the buttons.
I dont think it ever really existed especially here in the US.. I went crazy looking for it only to find it in a couple places in the UK.. I would just keep an eye on amazon.uk and see if at any point they let u either preorder or send u a message when available hopefully ull get lucky like I did.. And it really does look clean and nice.. I just makes it look like its all one item. bar and tv together..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1804 of 1823 Old 09-19-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickpony View Post
does anybody know if the SK10Y or the SK9Y can use bluetooth sources such as a wireless Bluetooth turntable, such as the Audio Technica AT-LP60BK-BT ?

i want to buy a sound bar surround system to replace my aging bulky Home theater system, but i also have a lot of records and still want to be able to play my vinyl.
Im not sure about the bluettoth part.. But r u aware that last years model the sk10 does have a portable in port that with a mini mic to rca adapter u can get your turntable working .. i know because i did have it hooked up that way.. now this years model SL10YG does not have that port.. so if u decide to go with the sk10 u wont be getting dtsX and google assistant
post #1805 of 1823 Old 09-20-2019, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgomez View Post
Im not sure about the bluettoth part.. But r u aware that last years model the sk10 does have a portable in port that with a mini mic to rca adapter u can get your turntable working .. i know because i did have it hooked up that way.. now this years model SL10YG does not have that port.. so if u decide to go with the sk10 u wont be getting dtsX and google assistant
the location of my record player in the new setup would dictate that i need to connect it via some sort of wireless...unfortunately.

I looked at doing a Yamaha Musiccast setup, BUT, ultimately the yamaha musiccast turntable does not have automation, it is fully manual, which is a no-no, i must have a fully automatic turntable
post #1806 of 1823 Old 09-20-2019, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Damn I got all excited after a google search i found the TK10 at what looked like a European ecommerce site krikkkmarket.com but apparently it looks like it's a scam site.
post #1807 of 1823 Old 09-20-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner89 View Post
Damn I got all excited after a google search i found the TK10 at what looked like a European ecommerce site krikkkmarket.com but apparently it looks like it's a scam site.
keep trying amazon.uk.. u never know when they will get one
post #1808 of 1823 Old 09-20-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
the location of my record player in the new setup would dictate that i need to connect it via some sort of wireless...unfortunately.

I looked at doing a Yamaha Musiccast setup, BUT, ultimately the yamaha musiccast turntable does not have automation, it is fully manual, which is a no-no, i must have a fully automatic turntable
By the way why do u think it WONT work with bluetooth.. If its the version of bluettoth thats the proiblem call lg and ask what it supports .. there open 24 7
post #1809 of 1823 Old 09-20-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:

I was thinking what I would do in your situation to get my own answer.. I would go to bestbuy and pickup any bluetooth speaker and then test it out with your turntable and see if it works fine.. If it does there is just no reason why it wont work with the lg soundbar and of course just go back to besy buy and return the speaker..
post #1810 of 1823 Old 10-02-2019, 05:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have the powered rear surround speakers and my surround only works in bass blast mode, movie mode, and atmos but standard, music, asc the surround does not work. I have the latest firmware installed. Also if I reset the bar sometimes everything works fine but sooner or later the surround stops working in those 3 modes. Has anyone run into this issue.
post #1811 of 1823 Old 10-02-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Choi View Post
I have the powered rear surround speakers and my surround only works in bass blast mode, movie mode, and atmos but standard, music, asc the surround does not work. I have the latest firmware installed. Also if I reset the bar sometimes everything works fine but sooner or later the surround stops working in those 3 modes. Has anyone run into this issue.
nevermind i downloaded the manual and i got it working. sorry for your inconvenience.
post #1812 of 1823 Old 10-07-2019, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I can found one for around 500€ new. Do you think its worth? I am also consider the samsung Q90r
post #1813 of 1823 Old 10-07-2019, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoniums View Post
I can found one for around 500€ new. Do you think its worth? I am also consider the samsung Q90r

Q90R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1814 of 1823 Old 10-15-2019, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgodinho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvman View Post
You know, the side speakers do a phase analysis and then "balances" the upfiring speakers (and maybe the forward l/r/c, I don't exactly remember). Is it possible you have one side or the other of the bar very close to a wall or other object?
Yes, my soundbar is near the wall on the right side.
What can I do to improve that (can’️t move the soundbar anywhere else)?
Hi @pvman , can you help me on this one?
post #1815 of 1823 Old 10-20-2019, 01:02 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Guess there was a firmware update yesterday, since lg never provides release notes can anyone tell what's been updated?
post #1816 of 1823 Old 10-20-2019, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leej00 View Post
Guess there was a firmware update yesterday, since lg never provides release notes can anyone tell what's been updated?
Pls show screenshot as on post #1773 in attachment.
And where are you from ?

Last edited by Malki; 10-21-2019 at 12:42 AM.
post #1817 of 1823 Old 11-09-2019, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Hi I have recently run into an issue with my SK10Y. When I put my TV (LG OLED 65C7) into standby the sound bar will turn off saying goodbye. However after a few seconds will turn back on showing “Optical” in the display. If I manually then turn it off it will come back on again.

It’s only connected via HDMI/ARC to my TV. Prior to this behaviour it’s been working flawlessly for about a year. Using the tv to control it etc.

Anyone experience this and know how to resolve it?

Thanks
post #1818 of 1823 Old 11-15-2019, 06:40 PM

Liked: 10
Hey guys. I’ve had my sound bar for awhile and have been generally happy with it sans a few small issues.

Recently though something has started that is really annoying and I’m curious if others have had it happen to them...
After awaking from sleep the sound bar is quiet from the center channel. it sounds like before the firmware update where you couldn’t adjust the center channel. I look at the settings and it says +6 (what I normally keep it at) but it’s indeed quiet. If I then adjust the center channel slider down then up again it seems to “kick in” and is then loud.

At first I thought this was just me being paranoid... but I recorded the same scene in a movie Right after awaking the sound bar and right after adjusting and indeed it is roughly 3db lower until I move the slider from +6 to 0 then back up to +6. Has anyone else had this happen before? I have done a soft reset of the unit.
post #1819 of 1823 Old 11-16-2019, 06:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIDAge View Post
Hey guys. I’ve had my sound bar for awhile and have been generally happy with it sans a few small issues.

Recently though something has started that is really annoying and I’m curious if others have had it happen to them...
After awaking from sleep the sound bar is quiet from the center channel. it sounds like before the firmware update where you couldn’t adjust the center channel. I look at the settings and it says +6 (what I normally keep it at) but it’s indeed quiet. If I then adjust the center channel slider down then up again it seems to “kick in” and is then loud.

At first I thought this was just me being paranoid... but I recorded the same scene in a movie Right after awaking the sound bar and right after adjusting and indeed it is roughly 3db lower until I move the slider from +6 to 0 then back up to +6. Has anyone else had this happen before? I have done a soft reset of the unit.
Yep, been happening to me for months now. Every time the soundbar is powered up, if you adjust the center channel 'down' from whatever its on, it actually gets louder. Then of course center channel volume gets louder as its supposed to. Weird bug I guess but you're not alone.
P
post #1820 of 1823 Old 11-16-2019, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIDAge View Post

I wonder if that's what has been happening to my bar. I have been having to blast it lately because of not being able to hear the center channel and its been a +6. I was thinking why does it sound like its getting worse. I will have to test it out.
post #1821 of 1823 Old 11-17-2019, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgodinho View Post
Hi @pvman , can you help me on this one?
I finally found where I read about the “phase analysis “. It was an AVS Forum review! Here is the links:

https://www.avforums.com/review/lg-sk10y-review.15332

Here is a quote from the review:
As impressive as the performance of the SK10Y is with Dolby Atmos, it's also apparent that the soundstage has a very front-heavy presence. The side-firing drivers are supposed to use Acoustic Phase Matching to create the impression of surround sound, but this was never really the case. Yes, there was greater width, but I never felt like sounds were emanating from behind me. This was easy to confirm using test tones or a highly directional sound design like Gravity.

My guess is the phase analysis may only work in ASC (Adaptive Sound Control) mode.

Last edited by pvman; 11-18-2019 at 12:05 AM.
post #1822 of 1823 Old 11-25-2019, 05:05 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvman View Post
I finally found where I read about the “phase analysis “. It was an AVS Forum review! Here is the links:

https://www.avforums.com/review/lg-sk10y-review.15332

Here is a quote from the review:
As impressive as the performance of the SK10Y is with Dolby Atmos, it's also apparent that the soundstage has a very front-heavy presence. The side-firing drivers are supposed to use Acoustic Phase Matching to create the impression of surround sound, but this was never really the case. Yes, there was greater width, but I never felt like sounds were emanating from behind me. This was easy to confirm using test tones or a highly directional sound design like Gravity.

My guess is the phase analysis may only work in ASC (Adaptive Sound Control) mode.
I don’t quite understand. I’m having troubles with Atmos. ASC can’t be chosen when Atmos is being played.
Maybe just because I have the soundbar near the wall on one side but the other side has no wall I’m having issues with Atmos? Is there any way to fix that? It’s frustrating to have an (expensive) Atmos soundbar and I can’t use it because it sounds significantly worse than 5.1.
post #1823 of 1823 Old 11-25-2019, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 205
I really started to thinking that all the reviews has been made with some sort of tweaked units provided by LG itself. All the reviews are super positive even in the Atmos field. The only very bad review which describes what we all owners are experiencing is the RTINGS review. RTINGS test only what they can buy from retailers.

I ditched this bar in favour of a complete 5.1.2 system (Yamaha AVR + Polk Speakers) and it's another planet but what I can say is that the Standard (Meridian) Mode is the best and the most close to reference.

Video: LG OLED 55 B7v | Calibration: i1D3 OEM, Calman Enthusiast.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V585, Polk s15e, Polk s10e, Polk s35ce, Klipsch N12 SW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
arc , hdr , lg sk10y , sky10y , soundbar , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page