Vizio Announces Three Dolby Atmos Soundbar Systems Including 5.1.4 - Page 31 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 328Likes

post #901 of 915 Old 05-07-2019, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Also, setting this up with an LG B6 was a pain due to lack of eARC support.

Just upgraded to an LG C9 and connecting devices between it and the sound bar was a dream!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 915 Old 05-08-2019, 01:47 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The ATV 4K uses PCM with Atmos. Just like the Xbox does. The ARC is typically limited to 2.0 PCM, 7.1 DD+, 5.1 DD, and 5.1 DTS. Of course with eARC you can handle anything but the Vizio doesn't have eARC.

The best solution is to use an HDMI switch on the Vizio HDMi input. Then you can use multiple HDMI devices connected directly to the bar. I currently have six UHD devices and five HD devices connected to the one HDMI input of my Vizio 5.1.2 bar. All from using cascaded HDMI switches.
I think I am going to need one of these. Not enough HDMI ports, I assume they come with remotes.
post #903 of 915 Old 05-19-2019, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I'm trying to run my 4k Blu ray player LG UP970 through the HDMI in on the SB36512-F6 sound bar. I have the 2018 P series Vizio TV. When I change the UHD Full Color to "On" I lose the picture but still get the sound. Does anyone know what setting I need to change to get this to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #904 of 915 Old 05-20-2019, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@VizioService

My SB46514 soundbar is no longer being recognized as a device under CEC/ARC. This seemed to take place shortly after updating my soundbar to the most recent firmware (1.10.15.1) and my P75-C1 display to the beta firmware (7.0.0.1.SEM).

Prior to the firmware updates, everything was working fine. Under ARC/CEC devices, the name of the soundbar appeared. But when I now try to search for CEC devices, 50% of the time nothing is found, and the other 50% "Audio Device" is found.

Main issues since firmware updates:
- I'm no longer able to hear audio when streaming video/audio directly from SmartCast. Audio only works when streaming video/audio directly from my Apple TV 4k that's plugged directly into the soundbar.
- I can no longer control volume with the Apple TV remote.
- I am no longer able to see the volume on the TV screen when pressing -/+ on the soundbar remote
- When pressing -/+ on the TV remote, I get a message that the TV speakers are disabled.

I never experienced any of the above issues until the firmware updates. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot and/or fix these issues?
post #905 of 915 Old 05-20-2019, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiekon View Post
@VizioService

My SB46514 soundbar is no longer being recognized as a device under CEC/ARC. This seemed to take place shortly after updating my soundbar to the most recent firmware (1.10.15.1) and my P75-C1 display to the beta firmware (7.0.0.1.SEM).

Prior to the firmware updates, everything was working fine. Under ARC/CEC devices, the name of the soundbar appeared. But when I now try to search for CEC devices, 50% of the time nothing is found, and the other 50% "Audio Device" is found.

Main issues since firmware updates:
- I'm no longer able to hear audio when streaming video/audio directly from SmartCast. Audio only works when streaming video/audio directly from my Apple TV 4k that's plugged directly into the soundbar.
- I can no longer control volume with the Apple TV remote.
- I am no longer able to see the volume on the TV screen when pressing -/+ on the soundbar remote
- When pressing -/+ on the TV remote, I get a message that the TV speakers are disabled.

I never experienced any of the above issues until the firmware updates. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot and/or fix these issues?
Since downloading the firmware have you performed a factory reset on the sound bar?
post #906 of 915 Old 05-20-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizioService View Post
Since downloading the firmware have you performed a factory reset on the sound bar?
I just performed one now, and it hasn't resolved the issues I'm having.
post #907 of 915 Old 05-21-2019, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiekon View Post
I just performed one now, and it hasn't resolved the issues I'm having.
Thank you for the information. Could you PM me your serial numbers of your television and sound bar so I can look into this further for you.
aaronwt likes this.
post #908 of 915 Old 05-23-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizioService View Post
Thank you for the information. Could you PM me your serial numbers of your television and sound bar so I can look into this further for you.
Update: I was able to resolve the issue by unplugging the TV and Sound bar overnight. Once I plugged them back in the following morning, all was fine!

Previously, I had gone through the process of unplugging the devices but perhaps I didn't wait long enough (2-3 minutes).
post #909 of 915 Old 05-24-2019, 03:43 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How does the Vizio 46514 sound?

hey everyone, i'm really considering buying the Vizio 46514 model ($999) for my smaller room upstairs. just wanted to ask existing users over here if you truly recommend it? how's the sound?

i do have a nakamichi 9.2 soundbar in my living room but feel like trying a different brand this time. based on reviews from cnet and wirecutter, the vizio seems to be a great option.
post #910 of 915 Old 05-25-2019, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Just hooked up the Vizio 5.1.2 sound bar combo for my mother it sounds very impressive given the size the $330 price tag. As opposed to using the included rears, I wired in pre-existing in-ceiling speakers for surrounds. No problems and sounds pretty good. The set-up app leaves a lot to be desired with regards to level adjustment and test signal.
post #911 of 915 Old 06-06-2019, 10:43 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8952 Post(s)
Liked: 5728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johann Viebrock View Post
And they still produce worse sound than real Atmos Speakers
??? Of course. Any Atmos system with ceiling speakers will sound better than an Atmos system that reflects the audio off the ceiling.

But the reflected audio atmos system still sounds better than nothing there at all.

Sent from my Galaxy S10
a61688 likes this.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--70TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #912 of 915 Old 06-06-2019, 10:45 AM
UHD Addict

I only wish they had not done this last update. Is there any way to roll back?

Because prior to the last update my system was almost flawless. But since the update audio from my ATV 4K rarely happens. And audio from the ARC is also a rarity. The old firmware had almost no issues in my setup.

Sent from my Galaxy S10

post #913 of 915 Old 06-16-2019, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Subwoofer spikes and rear surround stands

Logistical questions for someone making the switch from house-living for ~30 years to apartment living (stuff I never had to worry about before):

Does the sub have threads for spikes? Would rather not have the sub sitting right on the floor and potentially annoy the neighbors. Absent threads what would be the recommendation for elevating the sub off the floor?

What stands are people using for the rear surrounds? Most stands I see have comments from people specifically frustrated with trying to mount the Vizio speakers to them either due to not being able to fit the RCA plugs through the stands themselves and/or the mounting brackets not properly mating to the speakers and allowing the plugs to connect to speaker inputs.

Thanks!
post #914 of 915 Old 06-16-2019, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
??? Of course. Any Atmos system with ceiling speakers will sound better than an Atmos system that reflects the audio off the ceiling.

But the reflected audio atmos system still sounds better than nothing there at all.

Sent from my Galaxy S10

According to the following article, and some others that I have read, a good Atmos Enabled system (using ceding reflection) can sound pretty darn close to ceiling installations.

https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...vs-dolby-atmos

It's a very interesting read, and the author also touches on 5.1.2 vs. 5.1.4.
post #915 of 915 Old 06-17-2019, 06:12 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post
According to the following article, and some others that I have read, a good Atmos Enabled system (using ceding reflection) can sound pretty darn close to ceiling installations.

https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...vs-dolby-atmos

It's a very interesting read, and the author also touches on 5.1.2 vs. 5.1.4.
Yes it can sound close. But a system with speakers overhead will still sound better. Personally I have been pleased with the reflected sounds. But I also have no option for dedicated ceiling speakers since my ceiling is concrete.

Sent from my Galaxy S10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
atmos , soundbar , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page