Vizio Announces Three Dolby Atmos Soundbar Systems Including 5.1.4 - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 328Likes

post #91 of 915 Old 07-20-2018, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mud sloth View Post
CNET seems to think that these will not include support for DTS:X - https://www.cnet.com/news/vizios-201...e-atmos-train/

That's unfortunate, but I assume Vizio's track record on the price:quality ratio will still make these worth some serious consideration.
Did they mention anything about 4K HDR passthrough at least? and which of the HDR formats if not all can passthrough? Thats essential for getting full quality video and audio out of most TVs currently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 915 Old 07-20-2018, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noydcom View Post
You will soon see reviews of the new VIZIO 36” 2.1 Sound Bar with Built-in Dual Subwoofers that has DTS TruVolume, DTS Virtual:X SB362An-F6: https://www.vizio.com/sb362anf6.html
So do we know what exactly will play through the flagship bar if we stick in a movie that only supports DTS:X? (Can we confirm, btw, that there is no virtual DTS:X at all on any bar past the 2.1) It's not going to be like that Samsung debacle where its downgraded all the way to stereo is it?
post #93 of 915 Old 07-22-2018, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Ok, maybe this is not possible, but maybe I'm over looking something. I have a samsung 60js7000, and if I'm streaming video source from my tv that has atmos, I wouldn't benefit from it because my tv can't output atmos. Am I correct? It does have arc but that doesn't passthru atmos right? I'm looking to get the 5.1.4

Edit
Never mind. Looks like I'll be getting an Nvidia shield.

Last edited by fredox19; 07-22-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 915 Old 07-24-2018, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I am looking forward to the release of this soundbar with Atmos. Its a no brainer purchase for me. I hope its comes out the end of August! Cant wait!
leojj25 and theike like this.
post #95 of 915 Old 07-24-2018, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Once it's released, then we have to wait for the various reviews to determine if it's really worth whatever asking price they set it at. Unless, you are the type to buy something immediately.
Noydcom likes this.

LG OLED55B8PUA
LG OLED65C7P
LG UBK90
ATV 4K
Samsung HW-N950
post #96 of 915 Old 07-25-2018, 04:12 AM

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHiDef View Post
Once it's released, then we have to wait for the various reviews to determine if it's really worth whatever asking price they set it at. Unless, you are the type to buy something immediately.

Good chance reviewers will get it a week or two early like the Sonos Beam.
post #97 of 915 Old 07-25-2018, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparty1020 View Post
Good chance reviewers will get it a week or two early like the Sonos Beam.
True. I was not thinking about the early release manufacturers do. I'm hoping they release something soon. I'm ready to upgrade to an ATMOS bar and want to consider this, but not if they drag this release out.

LG OLED55B8PUA
LG OLED65C7P
LG UBK90
ATV 4K
Samsung HW-N950
post #98 of 915 Old 07-25-2018, 05:13 AM

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
True. I was not thinking about the early release manufacturers do. I'm hoping they release something soon. I'm ready to upgrade to an ATMOS bar and want to consider this, but not if they drag this release out.

I’m with you. I’m probably a week out from just pulling the trigger on another bar if more info doesn’t come out. Just announce a price and release date already. It’s not complicated.
PlasmaHiDef likes this.
post #99 of 915 Old 07-25-2018, 05:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Vizio lost out on a customer I went with an LG SK10Y for half price so I had to..

sigh, woulda been nice to see Vizio's offerings/review/price/etc

still curious for release date/reviews/etc once these are out though

-+ I heard mono with my ears, stereo with my heart, but I heard surround with my soul - Unnamed
-+ My tastes are simple -- I am always satisfied with the best
-+ You ainÂt gotta like me, you just mad 'cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be!
post #100 of 915 Old 07-25-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooglyBear View Post
Vizio lost out on a customer I went with an LG SK10Y for half price so I had to..

sigh, woulda been nice to see Vizio's offerings/review/price/etc

still curious for release date/reviews/etc once these are out though
These are the two I want to cross shop. Did you get in on the BuyDig deal? The Vizio rears will have upfiring ATMOS speakers. I'm intrigued by this but I am not going to wait forever to find out how they sound or the price either. If you have not already, post in the SK10y owners thread with your review/opinion.

LG OLED55B8PUA
LG OLED65C7P
LG UBK90
ATV 4K
Samsung HW-N950
post #101 of 915 Old 07-25-2018, 06:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
These are the two I want to cross shop. Did you get in on the BuyDig deal? The Vizio rears will have upfiring ATMOS speakers. I'm intrigued by this but I am not going to wait forever to find out how they sound or the price either. If you have not already, post in the SK10y owners thread with your review/opinion.
no.. I don't think buydig has that deal anymore but i know what you mean because i saw it on ebay a month? ago.. i didn't even have my C8 and i did not understand price-wise and quality where the soundbars were at so i didn't jump on it

been regretting it ever since my C8 got delivered so when i saw an opportunity for the sk10y, i jumped on it

i was not rushing.. it's just i was ready to make an informed purchase and was down to the Vizio's upcoming atmos bars and the LG's and well.. i just remembered my experience with the ebay thing and since then it never went that low anymore, had to take the opportunity

but still.. definitely want to see Vizio's stuff but from what i read/hear this is more around End of August/Maybe September before we hear/read anything which is too far for someone like me ready to purchase

-+ I heard mono with my ears, stereo with my heart, but I heard surround with my soul - Unnamed
-+ My tastes are simple -- I am always satisfied with the best
-+ You ainÂt gotta like me, you just mad 'cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be!
post #102 of 915 Old 07-25-2018, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
I wonder if I need to run more wires to my rear walls for the upfiring Dolby speakers in the rear speakers. It was such a hassle to run the wires originally through the wall for my rears, I'd dread running more wires for a seperate channel for each rear speaker :-(
post #103 of 915 Old 07-25-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWario View Post
I wonder if I need to run more wires to my rear walls for the upfiring Dolby speakers in the rear speakers. It was such a hassle to run the wires originally through the wall for my rears, I'd dread running more wires for a seperate channel for each rear speaker :-(
The rear speakers and upfiring ATMOS speakers are combined. See the picture of the rears https://www.vizio.com/dolby-atmos

The only wires you will need to run are the typical wires that normally connect the rear speakers. In your case,it seems as though you will just need remove the older wires form the rear of your current system and install these.

LG OLED55B8PUA
LG OLED65C7P
LG UBK90
ATV 4K
Samsung HW-N950
post #104 of 915 Old 07-25-2018, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
The rear speakers and upfiring ATMOS speakers are combined. See the picture of the rears https://www.vizio.com/dolby-atmos

The only wires you will need to run are the typical wires that normally connect the rear speakers. In your case,it seems as though you will just need remove the older wires form the rear of your current system and install these.
But doesn't each rear speaker unit now have 2 channels incorporated into it since now each rear unit has 2 speakers built in (1 front firing, 1 up firing). I would imagine each unit would require double the wiring for custom wiring runs like my setup.

Right now I have one run of speaker wires to each of the left and right rear speakers (I have older Vizio 5.1 surround sound installed now) but I still think I'd have to add another run of wires to each rear speaker location to accommodate the incorporated up firing speakers in each new unit if that makes sense.

I guess I'll have to wait and see!
post #105 of 915 Old 07-25-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooglyBear View Post
no.. I don't think buydig has that deal anymore but i know what you mean because i saw it on ebay a month? ago.. i didn't even have my C8 and i did not understand price-wise and quality where the soundbars were at so i didn't jump on it

been regretting it ever since my C8 got delivered so when i saw an opportunity for the sk10y, i jumped on it

i was not rushing.. it's just i was ready to make an informed purchase and was down to the Vizio's upcoming atmos bars and the LG's and well.. i just remembered my experience with the ebay thing and since then it never went that low anymore, had to take the opportunity

but still.. definitely want to see Vizio's stuff but from what i read/hear this is more around End of August/Maybe September before we hear/read anything which is too far for someone like me ready to purchase
Sent you a PM

LG OLED55B8PUA
LG OLED65C7P
LG UBK90
ATV 4K
Samsung HW-N950
post #106 of 915 Old 07-25-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWario View Post
But doesn't each rear speaker unit now have 2 channels incorporated into it since now each rear unit has 2 speakers built in (1 front firing, 1 up firing). I would imagine each unit would require double the wiring for custom wiring runs like my setup.

Right now I have one run of speaker wires to each of the left and right rear speakers (I have older Vizio 5.1 surround sound installed now) but I still think I'd have to add another run of wires to each rear speaker location to accommodate the incorporated up firing speakers in each new unit if that makes sense.

I guess I'll have to wait and see!
Good point about the two separate wires. If that is the case, hopefully they combine both wires into one casing so it looks like one wire. It will be less clutter that way.

LG OLED55B8PUA
LG OLED65C7P
LG UBK90
ATV 4K
Samsung HW-N950
post #107 of 915 Old 08-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
Subbed, simply because I am tired of guessing what my Samsung HWK-850 can and can't/will and won't do.

I picked it up open box for $500 last year so at least I wont lose my butt on it, but I just want to find an Atmos soundbar that can accept all my sound formats from my Shield, has rears and will pass thru HDR10 and DV to my Vizio 65P-F1.
post #108 of 915 Old 08-02-2018, 08:37 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I am sorry if it has been stated but does anyone know the release date for this sound bar? I am looking to replace my current sound bar.
post #109 of 915 Old 08-03-2018, 04:47 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiel View Post
I am sorry if it has been stated but does anyone know the release date for this sound bar? I am looking to replace my current sound bar.
late summer, is all we've been told so far
post #110 of 915 Old 08-03-2018, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Prezbindowski View Post
So do we know what exactly will play through the flagship bar if we stick in a movie that only supports DTS:X? (Can we confirm, btw, that there is no virtual DTS:X at all on any bar past the 2.1) It's not going to be like that Samsung debacle where its downgraded all the way to stereo is it?
I have the 2.1 bar and I can tell you virtual DTS:X is nothing but a slightly improved version of the previous DTS virtual surround sound their previous bars had.
post #111 of 915 Old 08-03-2018, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpsv View Post
late summer, is all we've been told so far
Thank you - im currently looking at an atmos sound bar as I cant fit the speakers I bought behind my seats. I will wait a little longer.
Noydcom likes this.
post #112 of 915 Old 08-07-2018, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Deleted post

Noyd Communications Inc. representing:
VIZIO, DVDO, 1MORE, Puro Sound Labs
post #113 of 915 Old 08-07-2018, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Even though this isn't an Atmos bar, this is the first review of the 2018 VIZIO sound systems.

CNET's Ty Pendlebury and Steve Guttenberg, wrote a great review of the VIZIO All-in-One (SB3621An-F6) sound bar, giving it 4.5/5 stars, with an 8.7 overall score. The only reason it’s not an Editor’s Choice is because they’ve reserved that for VIZIO's SB3621, which they consider worth the money for the external sub. They highly recommend the All-In-One bar, though, noting that it’s the best bar for $100 and have numerous positive comments.

In a comparison with a Yamaha bar costing twice as much (the YAS-108), Ty Pendlebury and Steve Guttenberg found the AIO to be “the more enjoyable listen”, and note that’s a big accomplishment given how good the Yamaha sounds. They also compared to a $100 Polk speaker, the Signa Solo, but they noted “overall, it isn’t in the same league as the VIZIO”. See the full review at the link below, and some great quotes, below that.

Link: https://www.cnet.com/reviews/vizio-sb362an-f6-review/

Highlights
-very good sound for a bargain price
-The inclusion of Dolby, DTS and Virtual:X sound modes delivers a high level of soundtrack compatibility.
-astoundingly good value, with excellent sound quality and a high degree of flexibility
-The quality of sound it can deliver at this price is kind of amazing
-the Vizio is the more enjoyable listen,
-The remote offers powerful levels of control
-[DTS Virtual:X] works especially well
-bass was full and plenty deep enough that we didn't miss having a separate sub,
-The bar unleashed a tall and wide soundstage while still maintaining good image focus.
-easy to adjust
-the SB362An-F6 succeeds by disappearing and not calling attention to itself
-better bass and more high-end sparkle than the similarly-configured but more-expensive Yamaha YAS-108
-If you only have a Franklin to spend on a sound bar, the answer is yes, you should buy it.
-The SB362An-F6 defies our expectations for how good a $100 sound bar can sound and beats anything we've heard at that price.

Noyd Communications Inc. representing:
VIZIO, DVDO, 1MORE, Puro Sound Labs
post #114 of 915 Old 08-07-2018, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noydcom View Post
Even though this isn't an Atmos bar, this is the first review of the 2018 VIZIO sound systems.

CNET's Ty Pendlebury and Steve Guttenberg, wrote a great review of the VIZIO All-in-One (SB3621An-F6) sound bar, giving it 4.5/5 stars, with an 8.7 overall score. The only reason it’s not an Editor’s Choice is because they’ve reserved that for VIZIO's SB3621, which they consider worth the money for the external sub. They highly recommend the All-In-One bar, though, noting that it’s the best bar for $100 and have numerous positive comments.

In a comparison with a Yamaha bar costing twice as much (the YAS-108), Ty Pendlebury and Steve Guttenberg found the AIO to be “the more enjoyable listen”, and note that’s a big accomplishment given how good the Yamaha sounds. They also compared to a $100 Polk speaker, the Signa Solo, but they noted “overall, it isn’t in the same league as the VIZIO”. See the full review at the link below, and some great quotes, below that.

Link: https://www.cnet.com/reviews/vizio-sb362an-f6-review/

Highlights

-very good sound for a bargain price

-The inclusion of Dolby, DTS and Virtual:X sound modes delivers a high level of soundtrack compatibility.

-astoundingly good value, with excellent sound quality and a high degree of flexibility

-The quality of sound it can deliver at this price is kind of amazing

-the Vizio is the more enjoyable listen,

-The remote offers powerful levels of control

-[DTS Virtual:X] works especially well

-bass was full and plenty deep enough that we didn't miss having a separate sub,

-The bar unleashed a tall and wide soundstage while still maintaining good image focus.

-easy to adjust

-the SB362An-F6 succeeds by disappearing and not calling attention to itself

-better bass and more high-end sparkle than the similarly-configured but more-expensive Yamaha YAS-108

-If you only have a Franklin to spend on a sound bar, the answer is yes, you should buy it.

-The SB362An-F6 defies our expectations for how good a $100 sound bar can sound and beats anything we've heard at that price.

Cool and all. But bring us the Atmos! I’m afraid most everyone that has bothered signing up for this forum will not be in the market for a $100 Soundbar less sub. Could just be me though! You are raising our expectations for the atmos bars now though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony XBR55X900F
Sony UBP-X700
Onkyo TX-NR787
Def Tech CS9040 & BP9020 x2
Pioneer SP-BS22A-LR Andrew Jones x2
post #115 of 915 Old 08-07-2018, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Great buy for a small apartment without breaking the bank but I can't see myself buying a soundbar without a dedicated subwoofer.

The whole Atmos soundbar thing is probably going to convert a lot of people into soundbar users due to the value and sound upgrade.
bpmurr and theike like this.
post #116 of 915 Old 08-07-2018, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
Great buy for a small apartment without breaking the bank but I can't see myself buying a soundbar without a dedicated subwoofer.

The whole Atmos soundbar thing is probably going to convert a lot of people into soundbar users due to the value and sound upgrade.

My wife won’t settle for a “whimsy” Soundbar. Coming from a 10 y/o Panasonic all in one DVD changer and receiver 5.1. Picked up a smoking deal on an LG SK9 but even that didn’t pass the test. Needed surrounds an a better woofer. Wanting to give this thing 5.1.4 a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony XBR55X900F
Sony UBP-X700
Onkyo TX-NR787
Def Tech CS9040 & BP9020 x2
Pioneer SP-BS22A-LR Andrew Jones x2
post #117 of 915 Old 08-07-2018, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by theike View Post
Picked up a smoking deal on an LG SK9 but even that didn’t pass the test. Needed surrounds an a better woofer.
Not sure the subwoofer will be better, though...
post #118 of 915 Old 08-09-2018, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone have experience/review of the Amazon exclusive SB3621n-F8M 36" 2.1

Seems to have DTS:X in this 2018 model compared to the the E8M.
post #119 of 915 Old 08-09-2018, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Correction, DTS Virtual: X

Waiting for mine to arrive tomorrow, just looking for other user experiences.
post #120 of 915 Old 08-09-2018, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Costco has the Vizio SB362An-F6 for $89.99.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
atmos , soundbar , Vizio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page