Official Sony HT-X9000F 2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #31 of 120 Old 04-26-2018, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Funny posts here. Ps4 Pro and UHD Player connected to my zf9. And EVERYTHING works absolutly flawless. Not a single time no signal with passthrough....
Maybe u should check ur cables and Settings before blaming the manufacturer...
many others have no Problems as well.
@Koowall
Activated the "optimized format"in the hdmi settings?! Thats what it is called here in europe.
Same thing as with sony tvs

Last edited by Danic99; 04-26-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 120 Old 04-26-2018, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danic99 View Post
Funny posts here. Ps4 Pro and UHD Player connected to my zf9. And EVERYTHING works absolutly flawless. Not a single time no signal with passthrough....
Maybe u should check ur cables and Settings before blaming the manufacturer...
many others have no Problems as well.
@Koowall
Activated the "optimized format"in the hdmi settings?! Thats what it is called here in europe.
Same thing as with sony tvs
Were you able to compare ZF9 to XF9000?
post #33 of 120 Old 04-26-2018, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 19
No, but Koowall and some others were talking about zf9.
jb442386 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 120 Old 04-28-2018, 05:58 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I was thinking of upgrading my HT-CT780 to a newer model, especially because I need 4K pass-through. Right now I have all my devices plugged to the TV and the TV connected to the CT780 through ARC, but that sucks. I'd rather have everything connected to the soundbar so that the soundbar decodes all audio streams first and then passes the video to the TV.

However, this X9000F only has 1 HDMI input (whereas my CT780 has 3) and I have at 2 least 2 devices that I would have liked to connect to the soundbar directly... My NVIDIA SHIELD and my Blu-Ray player. I guess this soundbar isn't for me? Unfortunately the ZF9 is a bit expensive for my pocket. Not sure what to do, thoughts?
post #35 of 120 Old 05-27-2018, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I'm upgrading my TV to a 75" 900F and a x9000f sound bar. I'm a complete newb when it comes to anything regarding sound systems etc. I know I hook up the sound bar to the ARC input and put my PS4 pro into the other input on the sound bar. MY question I guess is when I watch TV will it still play through the soundbar or do I need to buy some type of adapter so I can connect multiple devices?
post #36 of 120 Old 05-28-2018, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNT10 View Post
I'm upgrading my TV to a 75" 900F and a x9000f sound bar. I'm a complete newb when it comes to anything regarding sound systems etc. I know I hook up the sound bar to the ARC input and put my PS4 pro into the other input on the sound bar. MY question I guess is when I watch TV will it still play through the soundbar or do I need to buy some type of adapter so I can connect multiple devices?
Yes, as long as you have HDMI-CEC enabled. It's called SIMPLINK on my LG tv. Also the soundbar needs to be on the TV input. When watching PS4 content then the SB should be on the HDMI 1 input.
post #37 of 120 Old 06-03-2018, 09:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
A comment and a question...

- I had a lot of problems in initial setup - I had sound and then lost it, device disappeared from Bravia Sync, etc - but the solution was about as dumb as it gets. Access the ARC HDMI input, go to settings, and reset to factory default. The moment I did that, the TV and sound bar talked to each other perfectly and I could adjust settings without problem. Seemed counter-intuitive since I just pulled it out of the box, but there you go. Literally fixed all of my connectivity problems.

- Has anyone tried to do a Bluetooth link instead of ARC? I saw that it works identical to ARC if you have a compatible LDAC TV (TV remote will control volume and the soundbar will turn on/off with the TV) I wonder if it will support compressed Atmos? Given it's a soundbar and not a full 7.1 I'm not exactly expecting a fully indistinguishable performance from full bandwidth Dolby, but perhaps ARC and LDAC sound the same?
post #38 of 120 Old 06-03-2018, 10:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1889 Post(s)
Liked: 1089
I think LDAC is stereo only but does gave the least compression of the Bluetooth formats.
post #39 of 120 Old 06-03-2018, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgulled View Post
I was thinking of upgrading my HT-CT780 to a newer model, especially because I need 4K pass-through. Right now I have all my devices plugged to the TV and the TV connected to the CT780 through ARC, but that sucks. I'd rather have everything connected to the soundbar so that the soundbar decodes all audio streams first and then passes the video to the TV.

However, this X9000F only has 1 HDMI input (whereas my CT780 has 3) and I have at 2 least 2 devices that I would have liked to connect to the soundbar directly... My NVIDIA SHIELD and my Blu-Ray player. I guess this soundbar isn't for me? Unfortunately the ZF9 is a bit expensive for my pocket. Not sure what to do, thoughts?
You can find really good deals on the older CT790 which has 4k pass through and 3 HDMI ports. I see them go for $140 online. I use to have one and I believe it is your 780 with all of the pass through capabilities.
post #40 of 120 Old 06-04-2018, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellebob View Post
I think LDAC is stereo only but does gave the least compression of the Bluetooth formats.
Okay, I'll try setting it up and see what happens...maybe it's not LDAC A2DP? Really not much info on how Sony sets that up for HT but I'll see how my system responds.
post #41 of 120 Old 06-04-2018, 01:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireLikeIYA View Post
You can find really good deals on the older CT790 which has 4k pass through and 3 HDMI ports. I see them go for $140 online. I use to have one and I believe it is your 780 with all of the pass through capabilities.
You are correct about the model capacabilies and that was my first thought too. But I can't find that old model selling anywhere, even at a higher price, where I live.
post #42 of 120 Old 06-17-2018, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I picked up an X9000f sound bar to pair with my new 49” Bravia X900f TV. I’ve got a 4K Apple TV patched into the sound bar with a certified high speed cable, and the Sony provided HDMI cable going from the sound bar to the TV. I’ve had an annoying issue where if you set the ATV to Dolby Vision 100% of the time, the sound bar either passes a sparkly image to the TV (in the Apple TV interface) and drops the video feed frequently. The issue doesn’t happen if patch the ATV directly into the TV.

The only workaround I’ve found is to enable the ATV’s “Match Dynamic Range” setting and set the ATV’s default “format” to 4K HDR. With this configuration the ATV interface will run stable in normal HDR (no sparkles or dropped video), and switch automatically to Dolby Vision during DV content which also runs stable. I hope this helps other folks if you run into similar issues.
post #43 of 120 Old 06-22-2018, 05:15 PM

Liked: 1
Unhappy Only one hdmi input?? Why do this to me sony!?!

Just thought I would give my 5 pennies worth on this soundbar which I bought to go with my new Sony KD-49XF9005 TV.

This soundbar produces an awesome sound. But why oh why has it only got one HDMI input? This is enough to make me cry

I have a Sony UBP-X700 blu-ray player and a Sky Q box. How do I get them both working with the soundbar without getting lip sync issues? Whichever device I plug directly into the soundbar works beautifully. But the other device I have to connect into my TV first and then use the HDMI/ARC port. This then causes a slight sound delay as the picture is processed quicker than the sound gets to the sound bar!?! I can't believe Sony didn't give this sound bar two HDMI inputs like the ZF9. How on earth do I resolve this? I've turned auto-sync on in the sound settings of my Sony KD-49XF9005. There are also audio delay settings on the Sky Q box, but delaying the sound isn't the problem. I need to delay the picture, or speed up the sound?

It seems the lack of HDMI inputs completely ruin an otherwise amazing product.
post #44 of 120 Old 06-24-2018, 08:50 PM

BigFishyBob: Have you tried adjusting the sync delay from the soundbar itself? The manual shows a method to adjust in 25msec intervals?

Bodean: Not officially. However the Sanus Mounts are usually built to hold much heavier TVs, so in theory you would need to just insert some kind of mounting plate between the lower end of the mount (or the VESA screws?) and the soundbar (which has two screw holes, but it's a pretty wide mount). There is no official mounting plate so you'd have to get something like the Sanus SA405 which is a flexible mounting bracket meant for exactly what you ask: attaching soundbars to TV mounts. I can't be certain that one will work but it certainly looks flexible enough to do so.
post #45 of 120 Old 06-25-2018, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymoogle View Post
BigFishyBob: Have you tried adjusting the sync delay from the soundbar itself? The manual shows a method to adjust in 25msec intervals?

Bodean: Not officially. However the Sanus Mounts are usually built to hold much heavier TVs, so in theory you would need to just insert some kind of mounting plate between the lower end of the mount (or the VESA screws?) and the soundbar (which has two screw holes, but it's a pretty wide mount). There is no official mounting plate so you'd have to get something like the Sanus SA405 which is a flexible mounting bracket meant for exactly what you ask: attaching soundbars to TV mounts. I can't be certain that one will work but it certainly looks flexible enough to do so.
I'm pretty sure that is to delay the sound. But the sound is already delayed, that's my problem. I need it the other way around, I need the picture delayed or the sound speeding up.
jb442386 likes this.
post #46 of 120 Old 06-25-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFishyBob View Post
I'm pretty sure that is to delay the sound. But the sound is already delayed, that's my problem. I need it the other way around, I need the picture delayed or the sound speeding up.
After speaking with Sony support, it looks like the only way to solve this issue is to turn PCM on from the TV. This way the sound isn't compressed which means the TV can then sync it up with the picture. I've had a quick play with this and can confirm that audio and visuals are now sync'ed.

Still would have preferred two HDMI inputs. If Sky start broadcasting in Dolby Atmos I won't be able to pass that down the ARC channel.

Anyone had any experience with HDMI switches? I've heard bad things, so a bit wary of going down that route.
post #47 of 120 Old 06-25-2018, 07:52 PM

I have had no problem for years with HDMI switches, but generally speaking things get more complicated when you get out of 1080p range. You would need to find one with HDMI 2 full bandwidth support, so for example the Monoprice Blackbird 4K model that lists 4k60hz support. The biggest drawback is simply that you need to either stand up or use a second remote to make the input switch, and of course that your TV may not be smart enough to detect needing a specific game or picture mode when you do.
post #48 of 120 Old 06-26-2018, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymoogle View Post
I have had no problem for years with HDMI switches, but generally speaking things get more complicated when you get out of 1080p range. You would need to find one with HDMI 2 full bandwidth support, so for example the Monoprice Blackbird 4K model that lists 4k60hz support. The biggest drawback is simply that you need to either stand up or use a second remote to make the input switch, and of course that your TV may not be smart enough to detect needing a specific game or picture mode when you do.
Do you know if it passes HDR & Dolby Vision?
post #49 of 120 Old 06-26-2018, 03:39 AM

This box specifically says HDMI 2.0b which is the best you can get for now until all of the HDMI 2.1 TVs/soundbars/etc start trickling out end of the year.

You need a minimum of HDMI 2.0a for proper HDR support. Anything 2.0a/b will support Dolby Vision.
BigFishyBob likes this.
post #50 of 120 Old 07-21-2018, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Couple Questions.

1. Is there any reason to use Bluetooth connectivity over HDMI connectivity when using this soundboard with the X900F TV?

2. As of this morning (nothing has changed in my setup from what I can recall) I am getting no sound from my Apple TV and Xbox One with this sound bar. I can hear system sounds when going into my X900F menu. My setup is the HDMI 3 (ARC) to my TV IN on the HT-X9000F sound bar. My Xbox is plugged into HDMI 2 on my X900F, and my AppleTV is plugged into HDMI4.

If I run the Apple TV or Xbox directly to HDMI jack on the sound bar, Sound and video works fine. What am I missing (hopefully its obvious).

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Room 2 Sony X900F 65" TV  || Sony HT-X9000F sound bar
Xbox Live : BoDEAN
post #51 of 120 Old 07-26-2018, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post
Couple Questions.

1. Is there any reason to use Bluetooth connectivity over HDMI connectivity when using this soundboard with the X900F TV?

2. As of this morning (nothing has changed in my setup from what I can recall) I am getting no sound from my Apple TV and Xbox One with this sound bar. I can hear system sounds when going into my X900F menu. My setup is the HDMI 3 (ARC) to my TV IN on the HT-X9000F sound bar. My Xbox is plugged into HDMI 2 on my X900F, and my AppleTV is plugged into HDMI4.

If I run the Apple TV or Xbox directly to HDMI jack on the sound bar, Sound and video works fine. What am I missing (hopefully its obvious).
Fixed by plugging the Xbox One into the sound bar, while the Apple TV is now plugged into the tv. Not ideal, as I would rather have everything in the tv (but it seems the xbox one x needs to be plugged into the sound bar for dolby vision.

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
post #52 of 120 Old 08-03-2018, 08:47 AM

I have problem with this soundbar,when I watching movie dialouge is low but efects are so loud,does anyone could provide some settings ?
post #53 of 120 Old 08-12-2018, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have my xbox one hooked up to the sound bar (so I can get Dolby vision). Then I have the HDMI 3 Arc on my X900F tv. However if I plugged my Apple TV 4k into any HDMI on my tv, I get no sound from the sound bar.
What am I missing here? The TV is X900F

post #54 of 120 Old 08-12-2018, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post
I have my xbox one hooked up to the sound bar (so I can get Dolby vision). Then I have the HDMI 3 Arc on my X900F tv. However if I plugged my Apple TV 4k into any HDMI on my tv, I get no sound from the sound bar.
What am I missing here? The TV is X900F
When you're using your Apple TV, have you tried pressing TV on the soundbar remote?
post #55 of 120 Old 08-14-2018, 07:23 AM
dcl

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hey guys, I recently picked up one of these soundbars + a 55" Sony X900F tv.

Got the included HDMI cable running from the ARC port in the TV to the soundbar and it's passing through the audio, but I can't help but notice the audio and video is a tiny bit out of sync. I haven't tried too many sources, but it's definitely noticeable whilst watching Netflix through the TV's build in app. It's incredibly distracting and I can't relax and enjoy anything because of it.

I've tried using the most basic sound modes but can't seem to improve it. Any ideas?
post #56 of 120 Old 08-17-2018, 07:18 PM
dcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcl View Post
Hey guys, I recently picked up one of these soundbars + a 55" Sony X900F tv.

Got the included HDMI cable running from the ARC port in the TV to the soundbar and it's passing through the audio, but I can't help but notice the audio and video is a tiny bit out of sync. I haven't tried too many sources, but it's definitely noticeable whilst watching Netflix through the TV's build in app. It's incredibly distracting and I can't relax and enjoy anything because of it.

I've tried using the most basic sound modes but can't seem to improve it. Any ideas?
Just tried YouTube via the TV's built in app and the a/v sync was terrible.

At this point I'm only really using the soundbar for music 😞
post #57 of 120 Old 10-05-2018, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Just tried YouTube via the TV's built in app and the a/v sync was terrible.

At this point I'm only really using the soundbar for music 😞
Have you tried this:

"After speaking with Sony support, it looks like the only way to solve this issue is to turn PCM on from the TV. This way the sound isn't compressed which means the TV can then sync it up with the picture. I've had a quick play with this and can confirm that audio and visuals are now sync'ed."
post #58 of 120 Old 10-08-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNT10 View Post
How happy are you with the setup? I'm currently thinking about the same one and would really appreciate some feedback from others,
Thank you
post #59 of 120 Old 10-08-2018, 07:13 PM
dcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopysony View Post
Have you tried this:

"After speaking with Sony support, it looks like the only way to solve this issue is to turn PCM on from the TV. This way the sound isn't compressed which means the TV can then sync it up with the picture. I've had a quick play with this and can confirm that audio and visuals are now sync'ed."
I'll give it another shot. But I do believe it's something I would have tried earlier.
Is there any negative to using PCM sound?
post #60 of 120 Old 10-09-2018, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
I'll give it another shot. But I do believe it's something I would have tried earlier.
Is there any negative to using PCM sound?
I thought you might have, but I figured I'd post that just in case.

Not sure. I'm looking to buy the 55" X900F and the HT-X9000F soundbar. I live in a condo so I don't need a 7.1 or 5.1 system as it would be overkill. That's why I like this setup, nice and small with good sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page