Official Sony HT-X9000F 2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

Old 06-12-2019, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean View Post
Question for owners.

Have my X900F tv paired up with my Sony HT-X9000F sound bar. Have my Xbox X plugged into the sound bar, my Apple TV 4K plugged into my HDMI2, and HDMI3 on TV goes to my soundbar.
I am constantly having sound issues. I use my Harmony remote to turn on say Apple TV. I get picture/video, but no sound. I have to turn off the sound bar, then turn it back on, and then the sound works. Is this a handshake issue with the tv/sound bar?
Kind of annoying. Happens time to time with the Xbox also.
Hi!

your problem could be related to Tv -> Soundbar, but, if you are having problems with audio from the xbox which is directly connected to the SoundBar, please, check if the TV light is On instead of the HDMI.

If you don't get audio and the TV light is ON, could be a handshaking problem. If it it's in HDMI and there is still no audio, check the xbox setting and set it to Dolby Atmos, if that still doesn't help, the sounder might have a problem.

I use the original HDMi cable from the xbox to the soundbar and the provided HDMI cable from the soundbar to the tv. Also make sure it is connected to the ARC HDMI from your television.

I cannot add anything more since I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever.
Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2019, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
As you probably have noticed if you're reading this, Sony has dropped the price on this to $399, and that's what I paid Amazon for the one that arrived yesterday.

Hooked it up today, and before I even start to evaluate the sound, I've got a problem with the Dolby Vision passthrough from my Apple TV. Problem is: it doesn't work.

I went into the settings and enabled 'Enhanced Format' manually, though the Easy Setup may do the same.

Have the HDMI connected to the soundbar, the soundbar to the ARC enabled input on my 900F TV.

I've used a few different HDMI cables, all of which are 'known good' in that they work from the Apple TV direct to the TV with Dolby Vision.

However every time I try to enable Dolby Vision on the Apple TV it reverts to 'previous' (4K, but no DV), basically saying 'check the cables.'

I'll try Sony support but don't expect much help. Heck, they're not great about supporting professional products so why would consumer be any different?

Any advice here is welcome! If I can't get the DV passthrough to work, I'm not even going to find out if I like the sound!

Last edited by Chicago Al; 06-14-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Update:

Soundbar needed a firmware update, so I did that, with no better result.

It took a while to get access to Sony support, you have to set up an account, which I was finally able to do. I sent a query through the site, which got me an email back quickly, with the usual 'unplug and wait for 60 secs' type advice. Of course that didn't work.

For follow up I called the Sony 800 number and got a very helpful young man. He was baffled at the problem, and we kind of talked past each other for a while as I was saying 'pass through!' and he was saying 'but the soundbar has nothing to do with the picture!' Finally we understood each other.

So here's the answer: I needed to connect the Apple TV to HDMI *2* of the TV, and leave HDMI 3 for the soundbar...because as 3 is ARC the signal can go both ways. I was sure that only HDMI 3 of the TV would work with Dolby Vision, but 2 does as well (1 does not).

This works! TV gets the Dolby Vision picture, soundbar gets the audio signal (you have to set this up through the TV's settings), soundbar responds to the remotes for the TV and the Apple TV.

This method of connecting IS NOT DOCUMENTED with the soundbar, in fact all the advice there is, of course, to connect the external source to the soundbar and the soundbar to the TV.

Now I can check other functions, like lip sync and, you know, how the soundbar actually *sounds.*

Hope this will help someone else down the road!

Last edited by Chicago Al; 06-14-2019 at 02:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Al View Post
Update:

Soundbar needed a firmware update, so I did that, with no better result.

It took a while to get access to Sony support, you have to set up an account, which I was finally able to do. I sent a query through the site, which got me an email back quickly, with the usual 'unplug and wait for 60 secs' type advice. Of course that didn't work.

For follow up I called the Sony 800 number and got a very helpful young man. He was baffled at the problem, and we kind of talked past each other for a while as I was saying 'pass through!' and he was saying 'but the soundbar has nothing to do with the picture!' Finally we understood each other.

So here's the answer: I needed to connect the Apple TV to input *2* of the TV, and leave input 3 for the soundbar...because as it's ARC the signal can go both ways. I was sure that only input 3 of the TV would work with Dolby Vision, but 2 does as well (1 does not).

This works! TV has DV, soundbar gets the audio signal (you have to set this up through the TV's settings), soundbar responds to the remotes for the TV and the Apple TV.

This method of connecting IS NOT DOCUMENTED with the soundbar, in fact all the advice there is, of course, to connect other devices to the soundbar and the soundbar to the TV.

Now I can check other functions, like lip sync and, you know, how the soundbar actually *sounds.*

Hope this will help someone else down the road!
Its pretty nice that it actually got working.
Yeah, some tvs only support the passthrough connecting devices such as ATV to any other HDMI, and the soundbar to be connected in the Arc HDMI, But, if the tv doesn't support eARC, you will not get Atmos support, but I don't know about that tv.

I hope you like the sound of the soundbar.
Cheers!
Old 06-15-2019, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I just got this as well at the on-sale price at Best By.

I struggled a bit getting everything connected. I have two inputs: DirecTV (HS17 with a 4K client) and an AppleTV connected to an older Sony XBR-930D with ARC.

At first, I connected the AppleTV to the Soundbar with the Soundbar going to the ARC input on the TV. I left DirecTV connected directly to the TV.

With this setup I kept getting audio sync issues with DirecTV. I was able to reduce it a little with the Soundbar’s delay feature, but it wasn’t perfect. The AppleTV played/synced just fine.

So I swapped the connections: DirecTV to the Soundbar and AppleTV directly to the TV. I reverted the Soundbar back to no delay/default and everything was syncing perfectly. But I know in this mode, I won’t get Atmos from my AppleTV because I don’t believe my TV has eARC, although I’m not sure. Anyone know if this era Sony has eARC? It has the latest firmware.

Okay, back to the Soundbar itself. I turned on enhanced settings for the inputs and turned Audio DRC OFF. I adjusted the speaker levels to my liking and I ended up using Dolby Virtualiztion as the vertical feature made it sound really “tinny.” It lacked substance when it was in that mode and it didn’t seem to add anything other than make it sound really cheap. However, with virtualization turned on, it sounded much better, although I have no idea if I’m getting any special “surround.” I left auto volume off as well.

Another annoying element is that you only see the on-screen guide with whatever device is connected directly to the Soundbar, which in my case is DirecTV. I see nothing when my AppleTV is connected.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambler View Post
I just got this as well at the on-sale price at Best By.

I struggled a bit getting everything connected. I have two inputs: DirecTV (HS17 with a 4K client) and an AppleTV connected to an older Sony XBR-930D with ARC.

At first, I connected the AppleTV to the Soundbar with the Soundbar going to the ARC input on the TV. I left DirecTV connected directly to the TV.

With this setup I kept getting audio sync issues with DirecTV. I was able to reduce it a little with the Soundbar’s delay feature, but it wasn’t perfect. The AppleTV played/synced just fine.

So I swapped the connections: DirecTV to the Soundbar and AppleTV directly to the TV. I reverted the Soundbar back to no delay/default and everything was syncing perfectly. But I know in this mode, I won’t get Atmos from my AppleTV because I don’t believe my TV has eARC, although I’m not sure. Anyone know if this era Sony has eARC? It has the latest firmware.

Okay, back to the Soundbar itself. I turned on enhanced settings for the inputs and turned Audio DRC OFF. I adjusted the speaker levels to my liking and I ended up using Dolby Virtualiztion as the vertical feature made it sound really “tinny.” It lacked substance when it was in that mode and it didn’t seem to add anything other than make it sound really cheap. However, with virtualization turned on, it sounded much better, although I have no idea if I’m getting any special “surround.” I left auto volume off as well.

Another annoying element is that you only see the on-screen guide with whatever device is connected directly to the Soundbar, which in my case is DirecTV. I see nothing when my AppleTV is connected.
I Tried searching on the web but found nothing about eARC through an update in the official website.
Yeah, Dolby virtualizer is better than the standard mode, it keeps the soundbar in Dolby Atmos as long as the device connected to it has it as an output.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just picked up this soundbar and got everything working great with my new Sony 950G. The only thing I can't figure out is that there is no visual indicator as to how loud it is. I also have no idea when Dolby Atmos in enabled or literally any setting. What am I missing?
Old 06-19-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mferrari View Post
I just picked up this soundbar and got everything working great with my new Sony 950G. The only thing I can't figure out is that there is no visual indicator as to how loud it is. I also have no idea when Dolby Atmos in enabled or literally any setting. What am I missing?

Hi!
Well, if you are watching the apps from the TV, there is no way to show the HUD of the SoundBar but a way to understand the volumen is the led indicators, if you see two leds light up, that means that the volume is at 11
2 leds means 21 and so on.

Dolby Atmos is only available if two things occurs:
- you have a device that supports Dolby Atmos connected directly to the soundbar.
- your tv supports eARC, which enables the tv to pass Dolby Atmos through that port.

I been using this soundbar 5 months already, and it’s been fun
Old 06-19-2019, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnwood47 View Post
Hi!
Well, if you are watching the apps from the TV, there is no way to show the HUD of the SoundBar but a way to understand the volumen is the led indicators, if you see two leds light up, that means that the volume is at 11
2 leds means 21 and so on.

Dolby Atmos is only available if two things occurs:
- you have a device that supports Dolby Atmos connected directly to the soundbar.
- your tv supports eARC, which enables the tv to pass Dolby Atmos through that port.

I been using this soundbar 5 months already, and it’s been fun
Ok thanks for that! I use my 4k AppleTV more than the apps on the TV to be honest. I'll give that a try because right now the AppleTV goes straight into the TV and not my soundbar. My new tv supports eARC =]
Edit: Thank you! This sounds way better. Oddly my Youtube App on the AppleTV caps at 1080P so I have to use the youtube app on Android TV instead for 4k

Last edited by Mferrari; 06-19-2019 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:07 PM

Official Sony HT-X9000F 2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mferrari View Post
Ok thanks for that! I use my 4k AppleTV more than the apps on the TV to be honest. I'll give that a try because right now the AppleTV goes straight into the TV and not my soundbar. My new tv supports eARC =]

Edit: Thank you! This sounds way better. Oddly my Youtube App on the AppleTV caps at 1080P so I have to use the youtube app on Android TV instead for 4k

Yeah! I have my AppleTV to the soundbar because I get better audio quality in my music and of course, Dolby Atmos in some movies.

Yeah, YouTube on ATV only gets 1080p
You could also try “Dolby virtualizer” instead of using the preset that Sony has

Edit: about the volume: 1 led- volumen 1 to 10
2 leds- 11 to 20 and so on

Last edited by Burnwood47; 06-20-2019 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I just bought one and I am going to try to return it now. I used to have 5.1 system with decent center speaker and surrounds but after some painting in the room etc. my wife didn't want to me mount the rear speakers again. Since I have a 5.1.2 Atmos system in my main room, a sound bar for the 60' TV would be fine.

I have multiple inputs to the soundbar via a HDMI switch which I was using with AVR. So the Amazon FireStick, my Kodi on Pi and BD player all go through the soundbard and then to the TV HDMI. So no worries about ARC or eARC to get good audio.

The demo sounds fine and realistic but with all content I have (from movies to TV) the phanton center channel, espeically when it's dialogue sound shrill and distorted. It's basically unlistenable. I tried Bluetooth from my phone with music and the vocals are also thrill. All the reviews I read online say the soundbar is great so perhaps I have a faulty unit? If not then I am going to see if I can replace it with a HT-Z9FR instead.

I've tried all the audio settings including Dolby Virtualizer, turing DSEE on and off etc. and still can't get a decent sound.

Nobody else in this thread appears to be complaining about this so perhaps I received a bad unit? Or should I upgrade and get one with a dedicated centre channel?
Burnwood47 likes this.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchiu7 View Post
I just bought one and I am going to try to return it now. I used to have 5.1 system with decent center speaker and surrounds but after some painting in the room etc. my wife didn't want to me mount the rear speakers again. Since I have a 5.1.2 Atmos system in my main room, a sound bar for the 60' TV would be fine.

I have multiple inputs to the soundbar via a HDMI switch which I was using with AVR. So the Amazon FireStick, my Kodi on Pi and BD player all go through the soundbard and then to the TV HDMI. So no worries about ARC or eARC to get good audio.

The demo sounds fine and realistic but with all content I have (from movies to TV) the phanton center channel, espeically when it's dialogue sound shrill and distorted. It's basically unlistenable. I tried Bluetooth from my phone with music and the vocals are also thrill. All the reviews I read online say the soundbar is great so perhaps I have a faulty unit? If not then I am going to see if I can replace it with a HT-Z9FR instead.

I've tried all the audio settings including Dolby Virtualizer, turing DSEE on and off etc. and still can't get a decent sound.

Nobody else in this thread appears to be complaining about this so perhaps I received a bad unit? Or should I upgrade and get one with a dedicated centre channel?

Hi!
You are correct, since the x9000 only has 2 channels, voice sounds muffled and sometimes the sound effects are way more powerful than the voices.
Music sounds great for me, not thought Bluetooth though since you lose quality, music through HDMI directly sounds amazing.

I did some test of this and found out that BT lose a lot of treble sounds than using HDMI.

You could replace it with the one you are suggesting, if you do so, could you tell me if the difference is noticeable?
Old 07-17-2019, 11:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi!
You are correct, since the x9000 only has 2 channels, voice sounds muffled and sometimes the sound effects are way more powerful than the voices.
Music sounds great for me, not thought Bluetooth though since you lose quality, music through HDMI directly sounds amazing.

I did some test of this and found out that BT lose a lot of treble sounds than using HDMI.

You could replace it with the one you are suggesting, if you do so, could you tell me if the difference is noticeable?
I don't listen to pure music much but TV and movies. For me the dialogue seems harsh. I only tried BT to listen to a podcast from my phone and the audio was almost unlistenable. I might have a faulty unit but will find out this weekend when I try to return it and possibly upgrade.
Burnwood47 likes this.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi!

Quote:
I don't listen to pure music much but TV and movies. For me the dialogue seems harsh. I only tried BT to listen to a podcast from my phone and the audio was almost unlistenable. I might have a faulty unit but will find out this weekend when I try to return it and possibly upgrade.
Went back to the store and they didn't have the higher-end Sony. So I listened to a few units and got the Samsung Q70 soundbar instead. Paid for the difference in cost. With a dedicated centre speaker it sounds so much better than the Sony with dialogue being clear and anchored in the middle of the screen. The only minor quibble I have with the unit is setup. The Sony had a nice on-screen display where you could change all the settings including distances whereas the Samsung has no on-screen display and only a scrolling LED display on the unit itself. And the Smarthings app is pretty minimal also. But once I got the sound locked in the way I wanted, I don't really need to change the audio settings at all. Happy with this.
Burnwood47 likes this.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Went back to the store and they didn't have the higher-end Sony. So I listened to a few units and got the Samsung Q70 soundbar instead. Paid for the difference in cost. With a dedicated centre speaker it sounds so much better than the Sony with dialogue being clear and anchored in the middle of the screen. The only minor quibble I have with the unit is setup. The Sony had a nice on-screen display where you could change all the settings including distances whereas the Samsung has no on-screen display and only a scrolling LED display on the unit itself. And the Smarthings app is pretty minimal also. But once I got the sound locked in the way I wanted, I don't really need to change the audio settings at all. Happy with this.
Looks like a nice replacement!

I found that this soundbar has actual up-firing speakers, can you actually tell the difference in Dolby Atmos/DTS:X compared to the x9000f?
Old 07-22-2019, 02:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Looks like a nice replacement!

I found that this soundbar has actual up-firing speakers, can you actually tell the difference in Dolby Atmos/DTS:X compared to the x9000f?

I never listened to Atmos tracks on the Sony so cant comment. I tried to listen to Atmos on the Samsung but not having much luck. This is because my main media player is a Raspberry Pi3 running Plex and it cannot decode TrueHD tracks. If I play a Atmos sample track from Dolby's web site the Plex server converts it to PCM so I think that destroys the Atmos data. And if I try to play an Atmos sample track that is encoded with DD+ then all I get is static so that is no good either. I am going to have to get hold of a bluray disc with an Atmos sound track.

I think Amazon Prime and Netflix have Atmos tracks but only with their 4K content and I don't have a 4K set

Be that as it may I am very happy with the sound bar. If I want to experience a movie in Atmos, in my living room I have a full 5.1.2 Atmos system that is has very good sound.
Burnwood47 likes this.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:09 AM

Quote:
I never listened to Atmos tracks on the Sony so cant comment. I tried to listen to Atmos on the Samsung but not having much luck. This is because my main media player is a Raspberry Pi3 running Plex and it cannot decode TrueHD tracks. If I play a Atmos sample track from Dolby's web site the Plex server converts it to PCM so I think that destroys the Atmos data. And if I try to play an Atmos sample track that is encoded with DD+ then all I get is static so that is no good either. I am going to have to get hold of a bluray disc with an Atmos sound track.

I think Amazon Prime and Netflix have Atmos tracks but only with their 4K content and I don't have a 4K set

Be that as it may I am very happy with the sound bar. If I want to experience a movie in Atmos, in my living room I have a full 5.1.2 Atmos system that is has very good sound.

Oh ok, well, I’m happy that you are happy with the replacement!
If it already sounds better because of the center channel, it may be pretty good in terms of audio.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quick question
When I hit HOME on the soundbar remote, I have the 2 options under WATCH: TV and HDMI. Can someone explain how these work? I have my ATV4K plugged into HDMI 2 on my X900F, Soundbar is HDMI3/ARC, and Xbox is plugged into the Soundbar. Should I not be using TV, and selecting the HDMI option for each?
Burnwood47 likes this.

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Room 2 Sony X900F 65" TV  || Sony HT-X9000F sound bar
Xbox Live : BoDEAN
Old 09-08-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Quick question

When I hit HOME on the soundbar remote, I have the 2 options under WATCH: TV and HDMI. Can someone explain how these work? I have my ATV4K plugged into HDMI 2 on my X900F, Soundbar is HDMI3/ARC, and Xbox is plugged into the Soundbar. Should I not be using TV, and selecting the HDMI option for each?

You use TV when you have anything connected directly to your tv (ATV) to use the ARC channel. If the TV supports eARC, (can’t remember if the soundbar supports it as well) you can get Dolby Atmos from the ATV or any content from the tv itself.

HDMI is used to display the device connected directly to the soundbar, getting Dolby Atmos with no problem as long as the device supports it.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You use TV when you have anything connected directly to your tv (ATV) to use the ARC channel. If the TV supports eARC, (can’t remember if the soundbar supports it as well) you can get Dolby Atmos from the ATV or any content from the tv itself.

HDMI is used to display the device connected directly to the soundbar, getting Dolby Atmos with no problem as long as the device supports it.

Thanks
So if the ATV is HDMI 2, which is not the arc, use HDMI input on soundbar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Old 09-08-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Thanks
So if the ATV is HDMI 2, which is not the arc, use HDMI input on soundbar?

If you are referring to audio, it doesn’t matter as long as it isn’t Atmos content, otherwise, you should connect the ATV directly to your soundbar.

I had my Xbox connected to the soundbar, and when I used my ATV, I disconnected the cable from the Xbox and connected it to the ATV.

It’s kind of weird to do this every time if you are watching Atmos content from your ATV all the time, if not, I would suggest keeping your layout as it is.
bodean likes this.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If you are referring to audio, it doesn’t matter as long as it isn’t Atmos content, otherwise, you should connect the ATV directly to your soundbar.

I had my Xbox connected to the soundbar, and when I used my ATV, I disconnected the cable from the Xbox and connected it to the ATV.

It’s kind of weird to do this every time if you are watching Atmos content from your ATV all the time, if not, I would suggest keeping your layout as it is.

Thanks. I’ll leave the Xbox connected. Too much hassle to always be switching

Burnwood47 likes this.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all,
Hoping for some help. I just bought this soundbar for my son for his apartment. I am wondering about the LED light on the subwoofer. Now in videos that I have watched, the LED is dark green. However, on my son's it looks yellow. I went into the settings and did the secure link and it actually found it and said it completed successfully. I'm just not sure if the sub is really working or not because of the light being yellow and not dark green. In Sony's book, it doesn't mention anything about the light being yellow...so maybe the color green is off? Any thoughts?
Old 10-08-2019, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBoundSinner View Post
Hi all,
Hoping for some help. I just bought this soundbar for my son for his apartment. I am wondering about the LED light on the subwoofer. Now in videos that I have watched, the LED is dark green. However, on my son's it looks yellow. I went into the settings and did the secure link and it actually found it and said it completed successfully. I'm just not sure if the sub is really working or not because of the light being yellow and not dark green. In Sony's book, it doesn't mention anything about the light being yellow...so maybe the color green is off? Any thoughts?
The light should be green when the subwoofer is actually linked to the soundbar and receiving a signal. I would suggest you reset the soundbar to factory defaults and perform the full setup process all over again, including setting the distance and audio levels for the soundbar and the subwoofer. I've got two of these systems, and it's been my experience that the soundbar loses sync with the subwoofer when the secure link is enabled more frequently than it does when secure link is NOT enabled. You may want to attempt using the system with the secure link disabled to see if the light on the subwoofer remains green after setup.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
The light should be green when the subwoofer is actually linked to the soundbar and receiving a signal. I would suggest you reset the soundbar to factory defaults and perform the full setup process all over again, including setting the distance and audio levels for the soundbar and the subwoofer. I've got two of these systems, and it's been my experience that the soundbar loses sync with the subwoofer when the secure link is enabled more frequently than it does when secure link is NOT enabled. You may want to attempt using the system with the secure link disabled to see if the light on the subwoofer remains green after setup.
Thank you...what is the procedure for the factory reset on this soundbar? I'll try googling it and see what I come up with.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 190 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
Go to SETUP/ADVANCED SETTINGS. You should be able to reset the entire system from that menu.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:40 PM

Quirks

Hey all,
So I have the HT-X9000F hooked up to my son's 70" Vizio 4K set using ARC. My son uses the tv remote to turn it and it powers up the soundbar, however he keeps getting a message that the soundbar was found and tv remote control can control the volume. He gets this every time he boots up the TV. Also the Xbox One X is hooked up to the HDMI on the soundbar. When he switches to the input for the soundbar on TV set, he keeps getting the setup screen for the soundbar and has to choose HDMI. Any ideas?
Old 10-14-2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellBoundSinner View Post
Hey all,

So I have the HT-X9000F hooked up to my son's 70" Vizio 4K set using ARC. My son uses the tv remote to turn it and it powers up the soundbar, however he keeps getting a message that the soundbar was found and tv remote control can control the volume. He gets this every time he boots up the TV. Also the Xbox One X is hooked up to the HDMI on the soundbar. When he switches to the input for the soundbar on TV set, he keeps getting the setup screen for the soundbar and has to choose HDMI. Any ideas?

I can’t really help with that “soundbar was found” since it never happened to me, but the sencond part, it will always show that home screen letting you choose TV or HDMI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement