Official Sony HT-X9000F 2.1ch Dolby Atmos/DTS:X - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes

post #121 of 134 Old 01-13-2020, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFishyBob View Post
After speaking with Sony support, it looks like the only way to solve this issue is to turn PCM on from the TV. This way the sound isn't compressed which means the TV can then sync it up with the picture. I've had a quick play with this and can confirm that audio and visuals are now sync'ed.
same problem here-where do I turn on PCM?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 134 Old 01-13-2020, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgulled View Post
I was thinking of upgrading my HT-CT780 to a newer model, especially because I need 4K pass-through. Right now I have all my devices plugged to the TV and the TV connected to the CT780 through ARC, but that sucks. I'd rather have everything connected to the soundbar so that the soundbar decodes all audio streams first and then passes the video to the TV.

However, this X9000F only has 1 HDMI input (whereas my CT780 has 3) and I have at 2 least 2 devices that I would have liked to connect to the soundbar directly... My NVIDIA SHIELD and my Blu-Ray player. I guess this soundbar isn't for me? Unfortunately the ZF9 is a bit expensive for my pocket. Not sure what to do, thoughts?
I keep seeing the the Sony HT 9000 only has one hdmi input but I just purchased a new one and there are two-1 HDMI-arc 1-hdmi.
post #123 of 134 Old 01-13-2020, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbdude View Post
same problem here-where do I turn on PCM?
found it lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 134 Old 01-13-2020, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hope you all are doing great in 2020 !

I bought the Sony soundbar ht-xf9000 where I have some issues when I want to increase the volume using the TV remote it has a ~1.5s delay before it turns the volume up and also it increases the volume by 2points (mute button has no delay)

Without the soundbar there is no volume up/ down delay... Does anyone have some workarounds or a fix for this issue or should I accept it as it is.

The soundbar is connected to the the 65X9005F, HDMI 3 arc, both the TV and soundbar are on the latest firmware, bravia sync is on, read some threads on reddit with same problems without any solution, tried factory resets, unplugging everything 100times but no improvements.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks a lot !
post #125 of 134 Old 01-24-2020, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 78
looks like Sony is temporarily discounting these again so pulled the trigger at Best Buy along with special promo that netted me an additional 10% of reward dollars on top of the discount.

will unpack out of the box this weekend but as my Sony OLED A8G does not support eARC and my Panny 820 has Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube apps will explore simply using my TV speakers for cable and desktop PC ( perfect for these ) and plug the HDMI audio out of the 4K BluRay player into the HDMI input on the sound bar.

assuming this will enable lossless audio when available - does anyone see any issues with this approach? this is my first soundbar. coming from a high end separates audio system as ex and her daughter left me so went the house and now in an apartment for the time being...

Sony XBR-65A8G OLED 65 Inch TV
Panasonic DP-UB820 UltraHD Premium Blu-ray Player
Sony HT-X9000F 2.1ch Dolby Atmos Sound Bar and Subwoofer
post #126 of 134 Old 01-24-2020, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeluce View Post
looks like Sony is temporarily discounting these again so pulled the trigger at Best Buy along with special promo that netted me an additional 10% of reward dollars on top of the discount.

will unpack out of the box this weekend but as my Sony OLED A8G does not support eARC and my Panny 820 has Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube apps will explore simply using my TV speakers for cable and desktop PC ( perfect for these ) and plug the HDMI audio out of the 4K BluRay player into the HDMI input on the sound bar.

assuming this will enable lossless audio when available - does anyone see any issues with this approach? this is my first soundbar. coming from a high end separates audio system as ex and her daughter left me so went the house and now in an apartment for the time being...
Yep! It's still on sale and for customers purchasing a 55" Sony TV or larger can get a further discount taking advantage of the evergreen bundle.

Spoiler!
post #127 of 134 Old 01-25-2020, 02:12 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

I was unable to get on screen display with how I had it connected.

Now I connected HDMI out of Panny Blu-ray Player to HDMI input of Soundbar and TV output of Soundbar to HDMI ARC input of TV and now have exactly what I was looking to achieve with the on-screen display.

Tested using Netflix app on Panny Blu-ray Player and getting Dolby Atmos to the soundbar ( with Dolby Vision to the TV ). Not sure how much of a Dolby Atmos effect I am actually getting but it sounds great and more than loud enough ( currently in a smaller 1 Bedroom apartment ) on '25'.

I believe this is going to be a keeper as already louder than I actually need it to be. Certainly the sound is not equivalent to a high end separates audio system BUT definitely more than good enough for apartment living....

Last edited by tonydeluce; 01-25-2020 at 02:51 PM.
post #128 of 134 Old 01-25-2020, 02:55 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

I have read all the posts of this thread and some are stating this does not support 4K pass through?

TV seems to display 4K without any issues when video is sent through the soundbar. Connections are indicated in the post immediately above this one.

Am I missing something?

post #129 of 134 Old 01-25-2020, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeluce View Post
I have read all the posts of this thread and some are stating this does not support 4K pass through?

TV seems to display 4K without any issues when video is sent through the soundbar. Connections are indicated in the post immediately above this one.

Am I missing something?
No your not missing anything. This soundbar does support 4k pass through.
tonydeluce likes this.

(Living Room) Sony XBR65X950G 4K TV, Sony HTZ9F 3.1 Atmos soundbar, Sony UHP-H1 SACD & Panasonic DP-UB420 4K BD players.

(Garage) Sherwood RX-4105 Receiver, Samsung DVD/CD player, Klipsch 2.5 med oak speakers
post #130 of 134 Old Yesterday, 12:01 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

UPDATE: I am getting lossless audio from the Panny DP-UB820 4K Blu-ray player through the soundbar with connections described a few posts above when watching UHD Blu-ray disks with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.

BUT for some reason I believe the Panny is down converting the Dolby Atmos to DD+ and the Dolby Vision from 4K to 1080p on Netflix from the Panny apps.

When I watch Netflix on built in Sony A8G apps, I get Dolby Vision at 4K but the audio is downconverted as to be expected since it is using the ARC output of the TV.

Will explore on the DP-UB820 thread but at this point I believe everything is working fine with the way the soundbar is connected to the Panny Blu-ray player and the Sony TV...

Again, this certainly does not compare to the high end separates audio system I had but I had no idea sound bars actually can sound this great. This soundbar is more than adequate for the living space I am today and actually found '25' to be too loud for parts of movies that have explosions, etc. and have backed off to '20' which I find to be louder than I actually need it to be.

Also not sure about the comments regarding muffled dialog - the dialog sounds crystal clear to me. Also if this soundbar had a middle channel speaker it would literally be inches away from the left and right speakers and therefore not sure if it would offer much. Sure the dialog would be sent to a discrete channel which would likely be same quality as the left and right speakers so I do not believe much is missed.

I do sit about four to five feet away from TV and soundbar in a relatively small room so that may be why it sounds so loud and great. On the other hand, in a large room with the left and right channels off to the left and right sides of the TV, a center channel would really anchor the sound to the screen and permit "off screen" sound effects through the left and right speakers. But for a small soundbar directly under the TV, not sure a 3rd channel would add that much.

Also not sure how much of a Dolby Atmos effect I am getting but Dolby Atmos (especially ) and DTS:X provide a relatively rich sound field and do not hear any direct localization of sound to the sounder speakers - rather a definitive "surround sound" experience.

Don't get me wrong, once I am back to living quarters where I can enjoy a separates audio system with all discrete channels surround me, I will certainly move forward with such. I just cannot get over how much sound ( and enjoyment) I am getting from this soundbar...

Last edited by tonydeluce; Yesterday at 12:05 AM.
post #131 of 134 Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Just purchased the X900F and put it in last night fast, not much time.

I hooked it to a Sony 65 inch Bravia with ARC. I ran the HDMI from ARC to the TV spot on the soundbar. I only have a FIOS box and an OPPO 203 bluray player. What would the advantage be for me to running my FIOS box to the other HDMI port on the bar? I saw that in the quick start guide.

Also when I hit the volume on the remote for the sub, i don't see anything.

When I turn on the TV now, I have no sound. If I power off the bar and turn it back on, sound kicks in.

Just wondering where to start?

Thanks

Brian

Brian
post #132 of 134 Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
There is one of these used, not far from me. Has it been reliable? Any idea what the used value would be?
post #133 of 134 Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForKyleigh View Post
There is one of these used, not far from me. Has it been reliable? Any idea what the used value would be?
No but Sony has these on sale right now. Just google amazon or best buy.

I have only had it a week or two but so far very reliable...

post #134 of 134 Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlvi3 View Post
Just purchased the X900F and put it in last night fast, not much time.

I hooked it to a Sony 65 inch Bravia with ARC. I ran the HDMI from ARC to the TV spot on the soundbar. I only have a FIOS box and an OPPO 203 bluray player. What would the advantage be for me to running my FIOS box to the other HDMI port on the bar? I saw that in the quick start guide.

Also when I hit the volume on the remote for the sub, i don't see anything.

When I turn on the TV now, I have no sound. If I power off the bar and turn it back on, sound kicks in.

Just wondering where to start?

Thanks

Brian
The OSD only overlays for the component you have plugged into the single available HDMI port ( but not for anything connected for audio sent from TV over ARC ).

If you only have ARC on your TV ( like I do ) rather than eARC, the advantage is that you can send uncompressed audio directly to the soundbar…

I have my Panny 820 Blu-ray player connected to this because it is the only source I have that actually plays Dolby Atmos and DTS:X uncompressed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page