Above-screen soundbar with inputs on SUBWOOFER - recommendation challenge! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-23-2018, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Question Need soundbar with inputs on SUBWOOFER - recommendation challenge!

Good day. I have a Sony HT CT150 (soundbar + sub) which has 3 HDMI inputs and sounds decent in my opinion. However, I am rearranging my setup and the 10' cord from soundbar to the subwoofer with proprietary ends is just not long enough. Instead of splicing into this proprietary cable or purchasing a spliced one, maybe now is the time for a cheap upgrade if possible! Do any of you audio wizards have recommendations that fit my criteria?

-Soundbar will go above my projector screen, pointing downward a bit (It will be about 8' high, with 1' of clearance to the ceiling)
-I need inputs in the sub, not the soundbar. (I don't want to run a mess of cables up above the projector screen)
-3+ HDMI inputs
-I plan to do all input switching with the soundbar, and only have 1 HDMI cable going to a projector
-Bonus points if the soundbar is wireless
-Dialogue quality for TV/Movies is important, so a dialogue mode or adjustable center channel volume adjustment preferred
-Bluetooth is nice, but not required
-Price range about $200 (Ideally would sell the Sony HT-CT150 on craiglist for about 100-125 and do cash for the balance)
-I don't mind refurbished or even banged up as I will probably be camouflaging it in a box with fabric on the front
-Regular infrared remote, not RF (I LOVE my sideclick that I currently use with my Fire TV remote)
-Only need 1080p (no interest in 3d and not likely to go higher than 1080p any time soon unless 4k projectors drop a lot in price)

Last edited by MartyNg; 08-23-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-25-2018, 02:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1887 Post(s)
Liked: 1083
I don't think any current sound bars are set up that way. The closest would be a receiver with a passive sound bar but you would still need a sub. Used you might be able to find some in your price range. If you are happy with the soy, I'd splice the wires and extend it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
recommendation , soundbar

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page