SB3651-E6 Settings - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-18-2018, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SB3651-E6 Settings

I bought this soundbar a couple of weeks ago and I have been quite impressed with the sound at this particular price point. I'll post my settings that work well for me in my environment, but I'm struggling with the sub/bass levels. Not so much about getting it to sound right, but I'm just wondering what the difference is between the two settings. From what I gather, the subwoofer can be turned off by turning it all the way down to -12. That way you won't hear any ".1" signal being fed to the system. That said, the sub will still work for "low" sounds sent to any of the other speakers. So for example, if there's an explosion right in front of you, you'll hear it through the front LCR and the rumble from the sub, even if the sub is all the way down (the level can be adjusted with the "Bass" setting). But then there are those low sounds that only come through with the sub turned up, or in other words, the sounds the mixing engineer intended for the sub only. The "Bass" setting seems to boost/attenuate the lows overall. I currently have sub/bass at the same level, which seems to produce best results, but being OCD , I would like to dial it in more accurately, so I'd like to know the difference between the two and how to balance them correctly. Thanks!

TruVolume: Off
EQ Mode: Direct
Subwoofer: -7
Surround Balance: 0
Surround Level: -7
Center: 0
Treble: 0
Bass: -7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-04-2019, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
How's the settings working?

I recently bought the same soundbar, so far so good. How have your settings been working out for you? Any changes?
post #3 of 3 Old 08-04-2019, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvertuno View Post
I recently bought the same soundbar, so far so good. How have your settings been working out for you? Any changes?
I changed sub/bass to -8 and I use these settings to this day and I'm very happy. I discovered that I'm getting the best balance by leaving the sub/bass level identical. Blu-ray generally needs one or two notches more sub/bass than compressed sound, such as Netflix. Play around to find the best balance for your room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page