Best Soundbar for a Living Room TV - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 03-05-2019, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question Best Soundbar for a Living Room TV

I have a Samsung Q9F 65" 2017 model. I am looking for a reasonable decent output soundbar that is also not so expensive. I live in a moderately sized apartment and have a couch placed about 5 feet away.
My budget is <$500 and preferable ~$300 range.

My TV does not support Dolby Atmos or DTS:X. Are these Audio technologies still recommended?

Please list some options and model numbers so i can check their reviews.

Last edited by cooldude1123; 03-05-2019 at 02:34 PM.
cooldude1123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 03-06-2019, 04:24 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Anybody out there with any inputs?
cooldude1123 is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 03-06-2019, 07:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
markc72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 566
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I just got the MS650 from Samsung. Great soundbar and can be found used open box at various best buy stores or on Amazon for around $350-$400. Check out the reviews section on this site.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.com


XBL, PSN, and Steam: diehardcubfn
markc72 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 Old 03-06-2019, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by markc72 View Post
I just got the MS650 from Samsung. Great soundbar and can be found used open box at various best buy stores or on Amazon for around $350-$400. Check out the reviews section on this site.
Thanks.. Looks like MS650 is just a soundbar.. It doesn't come with subwoofer. It also does not support Dolby Atmos. Wondering if we can get any other item that has both the subwoofer or Dolby Atmos options.
cooldude1123 is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 03-06-2019, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
markc72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 566
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Then your best bet is the Vizio Atmos soundbars or if you can find a great deal on some of the better atmos soundbars out there. I did see a Samsung N950 for $589 yesterday at my local best buy. From what I read about posts about Atmos bars, it's either they like them or do not like them. People think they will be wowed by soundbars, but they are just lower end compared to a normal reciever/speaker setup. Even though the MS650 is not Atmos, it sounds good without the sub, but even better with the sub. Movies sound amazing with both connected. The Vizio's IMO are not that great overall.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.com


XBL, PSN, and Steam: diehardcubfn

Last edited by markc72; 03-06-2019 at 08:55 AM.
markc72 is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 03-06-2019, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: College Station, Texas
Posts: 2,214
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1059 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1123 View Post
I have a Samsung Q9F 65" 2017 model. I am looking for a reasonable decent output soundbar that is also not so expensive. I live in a moderately sized apartment and have a couch placed about 5 feet away.
My budget is <$500 and preferable ~$300 range.

My TV does not support Dolby Atmos or DTS:X. Are these Audio technologies still recommended?

Please list some options and model numbers so i can check their reviews.
I have a Polk MagniFi and LOVE it. It outperforms my older Nakamichi 7.1 soundbar that I had. Good mid range from the soundbar, its ported on the ends, which was surprising because the thing is only about 3 inches tall.
liffie420 is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 03-06-2019, 12:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by markc72 View Post
Then your best bet is the Vizio Atmos soundbars or if you can find a great deal on some of the better atmos soundbars out there. I did see a Samsung N950 for $589 yesterday at my local best buy. From what I read about posts about Atmos bars, it's either they like them or do not like them. People think they will be wowed by soundbars, but they are just lower end compared to a normal reciever/speaker setup. Even though the MS650 is not Atmos, it sounds good without the sub, but even better with the sub. Movies sound amazing with both connected. The Vizio's IMO are not that great overall.
You saw an N950 at Best Buy for 1100 dollars off?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
sovereignstar is online now  
post #8 of 11 Old 03-06-2019, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
markc72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 566
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
You saw an N950 at Best Buy for 1100 dollars off?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Yep, open box adequate just missing manual and remote.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.com


XBL, PSN, and Steam: diehardcubfn
markc72 is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 03-06-2019, 02:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Zoland2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Your best bet is either the Vizio SB3651-F6 5.1 or the Vizio SB3651-F6 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar if you only got up to $500 to spend.

My current mancave room setup:
Vizio V436-G1 4K HDR TV | LG UBK90 4K Blu-ray player | Denon AVR-S740H AV Receiver (running 5.1.2 Atmos/DTS:X) | Xbox One X | Amazon Fire Stick 4K
Zoland2020 is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 03-07-2019, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked: 927
I have the Samsung ms650 in my guest room and it sounds great. It has compatibility with the ws700+ subwoofer which you can always add down the road. Without it, it has the most oomph from other soundbars and it can play really loud with no distortion. It also has L C R channels where most are 2 channel. Of course, with the sub price you are then looking at a hefty tag.

In the soundbar world, I wouldn't get hung up on Atmos. It's not their strong suit anyway.

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 03-08-2019, 01:34 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Grabbed a YAS-207 at £229 ($300) last week and it has done the job wonderfully so far. There are horror stories about the sub at launch but AFAIK the problem was fixed and sure enough I haven't experienced issues at lower volumes. Great little unit.
CD_93 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Soundbars

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off