Best Atmos bar with front of room Sub.... - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 03-20-2019, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Best Atmos bar with front of room Sub....

Hello all,
What do you all think is the best Atmos soundbar setup that has a subwoofer that can stay in the front of the room? I was intrigued by the Vizio soundbars, but my understanding is that the rear satellites have to plug into the Subwoofer, correct? If so, I don't really think that will work well for my room, as I don't have any additional space at the rear of the room where our primary sitting is. I just don't think a big sub will fit there. Being able to keep the sub in the front of the room near the tv stand would be ideal for me I think. Thanks for suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-21-2019, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgaviator View Post
Hello all,
What do you all think is the best Atmos soundbar setup that has a subwoofer that can stay in the front of the room? I was intrigued by the Vizio soundbars, but my understanding is that the rear satellites have to plug into the Subwoofer, correct? If so, I don't really think that will work well for my room, as I don't have any additional space at the rear of the room where our primary sitting is. I just don't think a big sub will fit there. Being able to keep the sub in the front of the room near the tv stand would be ideal for me I think. Thanks for suggestions.
I can think of a few options here:
1. the Vizio bars come with 25' length cables, which can be extended with RCA cables, so you could potentially put the sub up front and run cable to the speakers behind you. They also offer a 46" 3.1.2 bar which eliminates the worry about the satellites.

2. Sony ST-5000 has no rear satellites to worry about, so you could put the sub anywhere

3. LG bars are similar to the Sony, but they do offer rear speaker add on: There's a small wireless receiver that you plug into power and you run speaker wire to the satellites.

4. I believe the Samsung N950 only requires that the subwoofer and satellites each plug into an outlet, because they communicate wirelessly. The N850 has no satellites, so again no worries there.

Good luck!
post #3 of 9 Old 03-21-2019, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I can only speak to the HTST5000 Sony. Has no rear speakers, but the sub is great. Tight, clean and will blow your windows out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-21-2019, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I didn't know the Vizio came with cables that long, and that they could be extended even further by RCA. That would certainly help with room placement. The vizio seems to hit all marks, except I'm not a fan of only 1 hdmi input and I am not fond of their light guide interface. I currently have a vizio 2.1 system though and it sounds amazing, so the 5.1.4 is certainly on my short list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennyrb View Post
I can think of a few options here:
1. the Vizio bars come with 25' length cables, which can be extended with RCA cables, so you could potentially put the sub up front and run cable to the speakers behind you. They also offer a 46" 3.1.2 bar which eliminates the worry about the satellites.

2. Sony ST-5000 has no rear satellites to worry about, so you could put the sub anywhere

3. LG bars are similar to the Sony, but they do offer rear speaker add on: There's a small wireless receiver that you plug into power and you run speaker wire to the satellites.

4. I believe the Samsung N950 only requires that the subwoofer and satellites each plug into an outlet, because they communicate wirelessly. The N850 has no satellites, so again no worries there.

Good luck!
post #5 of 9 Old 03-21-2019, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agincourt View Post
I can only speak to the HTST5000 Sony. Has no rear speakers, but the sub is great. Tight, clean and will blow your windows out.
A lot of people seem to really like this soundbar! I really would like to have rears though, and it seems so large that I'm afraid it would block part of my TV if I didn't wall mount it.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-24-2019, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Samsung HW-N950 is the best Atmos bar at the moment. If you don't want rears, N850 is an option.

LG has a few out soon that will support Atmos and DTSX.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-28-2019, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Seems like most review websites regard this soundbar as the best as well....however reading customer reviews, it seems like this bar has a lot of connection issues....and some say the subwoofer isn't that great. I currently have a Vizio 2.1 bar with wireless subwoofer. It's a small sub, but it sounds incredible. I can only imagine how that bigger one sounds that comes with the 5.1.4 bar! But the Samsung will definitely be in consideration as well. I understand there is even a newer model coming out this year from Samsung, correct? Maybe that one will address the connection issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_to_4K View Post
Samsung HW-N950 is the best Atmos bar at the moment. If you don't want rears, N850 is an option.

LG has a few out soon that will support Atmos and DTSX.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-29-2019, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
You could check out the Nakamichi shockwafe sound bars. They have a 9.2 system (costs the same as vizio 5.1.4) that now supports Dolby atmos and DTS:X in a 7.2.2 or 5.2.4 configuration(depending on speaker orientation and placement). The satellite speakers have long RCA cables that plug into the subwoofers like the vizio soundbars so you can run the speakers to the back of the room with the subs at the front.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-08-2019, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 100
I have the 5.1.2 Vizio atmos bar and i lengthened the rear speakers RCA connectors so that my sub can be placed nearer to the front of my room. Works great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page