If Money Is No Object, What Are The Top 3 Soundbars? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 04-23-2019, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Liked: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by akopperl View Post
Does anyone know if the Creative X-Fi Sonic Carrier is compatible with Dolby Vision and HDR?
***Not sure. You can certainly call them as I did that to find out where I could hear this high priced soundbar. (No where in the U.S. right now - which needs to be addressed as few folks will buy something this expensive sight & sound unseen or heard.)

Here is the AVS Forum’s Mark Henninger’s write up from Cedia 2017:

https://www.avsforum.com/creative-x-...mo-cedia-2017/

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 04-23-2019, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoflashback View Post
***Wow, talk about an equipment mismatch! If they have a $300K projector - - that has to rival or exceed your local theater. But not the sound system!
Kidding of course. Link to the updated build thread is here.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/86-ul...e-theater.html

Adam Pelz ,Acoustic Mafia - Hear No Evil
JBL Master ARCOS Calibrator, CEDIA Designer, Home Acoustics Alliance Instructor LIII, THX HT1+ HT2+ Video
Mercenary Calibrator for Manufacturers, Integrators and System Owners
post #33 of 33 Old 05-10-2019, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am in the same boat as OP. I just moved into a new house and I will setup a home theater in the basement. In my family room, my wife wants a clean look. I have a cabinet and the TV sits on top. Under the TV, there is a slot (5" high) for a STB or soundbar. We are streaming everything so I don't have to worry about a STB. I'd like to place a soundbar inside. Therefore, directional sound won't be possible, but it's okay since the basic idea is to amplify and add some depth to the poor sound from TV during broadcasts and a few movies. I'm not looking for miracles, but I would like to add volume and depth. The wife couldn't care less about sound quality, only aesthetics. I care about sound quality, but I know we will be limited by aesthetics. So I'm looking for a good sounding soundbar without a sub and with no concern for directional audio. I saw some suggestions for the Q Acoustics M4 Soundbar. It might do the trick, but I'm willing to look/listen to anything at any price. I just think the price might be wasted by limiting my placement requirements. Any guidance from this group would be appreciated.

**Cross posted**

Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR646
Front Speakers L/R: Athena Audition AS-B1; Front Speaker Center: Athena Audition AS-C1
Surround Speakers: Advent from 1988
Subwoofer: Dayton 10" 100 Watt powered sub
DVD Player: Oppo BDP-103
Display: Panasonic TC-P55VT60
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page