HT-ZF9 vs Nakamichi? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-09-2019, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 41
HT-ZF9 vs Nakamichi?

Starting research on soundbars for a purchase later this year, even though I know new/better models may be announced for next year. But purely based on what’s available today, I keep eyeballing the Sony ZF9 w/ rears and the Nakamichi.
I had considered the Vizio system, but the idea they only provided 1 hdmi input is annoying and I can’t stand their light guide system for the settings.

I just got a Sony 900F tv, so the Sony soundbar is intriguing just for compatibility reasons. I think it looks nice too. The inputs are sufficient as well. I also like that I could place the bass speaker in the front of my room as opposed to the back, as my room design doesn’t really have a great place for a large bass speaker to look nice back there. Front of the room is ideal.

The Nakamichi has more hdmi inputs which I like. Not necessarily a fan of the trapezoidal design. But it seems like the sound and effects might be better with this system since it has more speakers. I would only be able to get the 1 bass speaker system as the back of my room doesn’t have room to accommodate two bass speakers.

Any thoughts between the two for those that might have had experience with each? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-09-2019, 07:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I own a Nakamichi 7.1 Pro DTS:X and I love it. The rear speakers are wired to the back of the subwoofer so it is true surround and not simulated. I bought it refurbished directly from the manufacturer and saved $150US. I'm looking forward to the Atmos firmware update as I have never experienced Atmos sound before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page