New 2019 LG SL10Y Review/Impressions? - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 82 Old 08-26-2019, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner89 View Post
Anyone have this soundbar and a 2018 LG OLED? I measured and it looks like the soundbar is too tall. You'd think they'd make their flagship TV's able accommodate their flagship soundbars. I have my 65" B8 on a TV stand. Where would be the best place to put it? Wall mounting is not an option. I wish there was such a thing as tv mounted shelves that were made for soundbars, not just DVD/Bluray players.
i was looking for exactly the same thing. I found this, but it's way to expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/BDI-Furniture...1VXHRPB0XM0ENY

LG OLED65C9P / LG OLED65C7P / LG UP970 / Oppo UDP-203 / Sony HT-Z9F+SA-Z9R / Apple TV 4K / Fire TV Stick 4K / TCL 55P605
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 82 Old 08-26-2019, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadennis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner89 View Post
Anyone have this soundbar and a 2018 LG OLED? I measured and it looks like the soundbar is too tall. You'd think they'd make their flagship TV's able accommodate their flagship soundbars. I have my 65" B8 on a TV stand. Where would be the best place to put it? Wall mounting is not an option. I wish there was such a thing as tv mounted shelves that were made for soundbars, not just DVD/Bluray players.
i was looking for exactly the same thing. I found this, but it's way to expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/BDI-Furniture...1VXHRPB0XM0ENY
Yeah we only just recently got our current tv stand so I don't think I want to get a new one just to accommodate the sound bar. I think I'm just going to get one of those universal stands you mount to the back and take extra precautions to make sure it's stable.
post #63 of 82 Old 08-26-2019, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Has anyone mounted the sound bar on the wall below their wall-mounted TV? Does it appear stable given its weight and dimensions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 82 Old 08-31-2019, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
I've had the soundbar now for a few days and it sounds pretty awesome sometimes, especially atmos stuff. I watched ready player one on the first night and it was incredible. One thing I really don't like is how uneven the subwoofer is. I HAVE to put the sub all the way up to +6 otherwise any non-action scenes sound really flat, like they're coming from a cheap speaker with no bass. However, once action scenes come the subwoofer shakes the place. This is a problem for me because I live in an apartment surrounded by neighbors.
post #65 of 82 Old 08-31-2019, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I got the spk8-s to go with it and I'm really disappointed with them. There is some.serious issues with it keeping a stable connection to the sound bar. It will randomly cut out for a second or two at a time and then reconnected. Anyone else having similar issues?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
post #66 of 82 Old 08-31-2019, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbender716 View Post
I got the spk8-s to go with it and I'm really disappointed with them. There is some.serious issues with it keeping a stable connection to the sound bar. It will randomly cut out for a second or two at a time and then reconnected. Anyone else having similar issues?

Mine work fine. Had them for almost a year now and no problem. Keep in mind that If your soundbar is close to a router then it’s a common problem. Same issue is found with the previous and more recent Samsung flagship soundbars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #67 of 82 Old 08-31-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sina Moghbel View Post
Mine work fine. Had them for almost a year now and no problem. Keep in mind that If your soundbar is close to a router then it’s a common problem. Same issue is found with the previous and more recent Samsung flagship soundbars.

Crap my router is in the next room that shares a wall. Have to figure out how to move my router I guess...

post #68 of 82 Old 08-31-2019, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Crap my router is in the next room that shares a wall. Have to figure out how to move my router I guess...

You could always try to switch the devices closest to you to a 5ghz frequency. I believe most wireless rear speakers use a 2ghz frequently which is most common so there might be interference going on. That’s usually the reason why it disconnects on and off or there is stutter in the audio. Try that before physically moving your router.

post #69 of 82 Old 09-03-2019, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have the LG SL10YG and the LG C9 currently. Overall, I am very pleased with both but there is one issue I want to mention and curious to know if others are experiencing the same problem. I have the Xbox One X plugged directly into HDMI 1 on the soundbar and the soundbar and TV are connected to each other using HDMI ARC. Plugging the Xbox One X directly to the soundbar is required in order to prevent any audio delay when using Dolby Atmos. The only problem is that if I enable and pass Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)/Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting through the soundbar, I get a blank screen with audio when starting up a game. I can confirm this with both Shadow of Tomb Raider and Division 2. I can only Choose VRR/ALLM or HDR but not both at the same time. Currently using VRR/ALLM from Xbox video settings and HDR Effect picture mode from TV and it does a good job in adding color vibrancy and ligting up some of the darker areas in game. If the Xbox is plugged directly into the TV, I can enable VRR/ALLM and HDR without getting a blank screen after loading up a game. Only problem with this is that I get audio delay and only when using Dolby Atmos so this is not an option for me. Also noticed that when VRR/ALLM and HDR are enabled, there is still some screen tearing. This is not the case when only using VRR/ALLM. Appreciate it if someone can test this out and confirm whether they get the same results as myself. Thanks.
post #70 of 82 Old 09-03-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:

I also have SPK8-S and they are connected to my SL10YG soundbar but haven't had any issues with them cutting out. I can check and see how far apart they are from the soundbar when I get home from work later tonight. You can try using different channels for either the 5GHz or 2GHz (not sure which one is used by wireless module) frequencies on the router and have the rear speakers and wireless module sitting right next to the soundbar for testing but if it still cuts out, it might need to be replaced.
post #71 of 82 Old 09-03-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVolckage View Post
I also have SPK8-S and they are connected to my SL10YG soundbar but haven't had any issues with them cutting out. I can check and see how far apart they are from the soundbar when I get home from work later tonight. You can try using different channels for either the 5GHz or 2GHz (not sure which one is used by wireless module) frequencies on the router and have the rear speakers and wireless module sitting right next to the soundbar for testing but if it still cuts out, it might need to be replaced.
Good call. I'll try that but it's at least 20 feet away separated by a wall.

Sent from my ZTE A2020G Pro using Tapatalk
post #72 of 82 Old 09-03-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:

Let me know what you find. I will check and see how far my rear speakers are from the soundbar and will report back.
post #73 of 82 Old 09-03-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:

Just checked the distance and the rear speakers and soundbar are 12 feet apart from each other.
post #74 of 82 Old 09-22-2019, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 132
How do you upgrade the FW on this unit..

LG OLED C8 65 2018 BR . HT: JVC RS2000, S Studio Tek 130 1.3 Gain screen, Apple TV4k, Def Tech 9080/C 9080/9040 Dolby Atmos Speakers, Denon X6500H , Panasonic UB820 and a nagging wife.
post #75 of 82 Old 09-22-2019, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello,
I have this soundbar for some months now as a replacement of a previous SK10Y. It is coupled with a LG 65C8.
My problem is with the google's feature.
I have a google mini in my living room and each time I speak to it the soundbar's sound stops.
If the sounder is off, it turns on on the wifi.
In the settings of my google home app the option "Lower the volume" is off.
The mic on my soundbar is also switched off.

Does anyone know how to fix it ?
post #76 of 82 Old 09-29-2019, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederic B. View Post
Hello,
I have this soundbar for some months now as a replacement of a previous SK10Y. It is coupled with a LG 65C8.
My problem is with the google's feature.
I have a google mini in my living room and each time I speak to it the soundbar's sound stops.
If the sounder is off, it turns on on the wifi.
In the settings of my google home app the option "Lower the volume" is off.
The mic on my soundbar is also switched off.

Does anyone know how to fix it ?
So I bought the SL10YG sound bar and the SPK8-S wireless rear speakers to go with my new LG E9 OLED and....honestly just haven't been too impressed. I feel like most of the sound just comes from the sound bar and there's no real perception of surround sound at all. During action scenes I have trouble making out any dialogue since the booms and bangs just drown it out. Could it be that my speakers are at sub-optimal settings or perhaps I need a better HDMI capable that is "ARC-certified"? Spent a good chunk of change on this system and would appreciate any recommendations!
post #77 of 82 Old 09-29-2019, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I mounted mine under the tv and it holds quite well. I haven’t worried about it falling at all. I will point out that the sound bar is tiled slightly down. I assume it is to let the top speakers shoot the sound closer to the center of the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_vag View Post
Has anyone mounted the sound bar on the wall below their wall-mounted TV? Does it appear stable given its weight and dimensions?
post #78 of 82 Old 09-29-2019, 08:12 PM

This is a very stupid question, but how can I know what audio format my Sl10yg is playing? Whether I’m watching a football game or a 4K blu-ray, pressing the info button on the sound bar only shows “PCM”. I can hear a very clear difference, but I want to make sure I’m maximizing my blu-ray experience. Thanks
post #79 of 82 Old 10-04-2019, 02:08 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenestrator19 View Post
This is a very stupid question, but how can I know what audio format my Sl10yg is playing? Whether I’m watching a football game or a 4K blu-ray, pressing the info button on the sound bar only shows “PCM”. I can hear a very clear difference, but I want to make sure I’m maximizing my blu-ray experience. Thanks
I'd say you've misconfigured something on your source (TV, BD player, etc.), the sound bar should ideally show something like "Dolby Audio", "Dolby Atmos", "DTS-X", etc. depending on the source's audio format. "PCM" generally means the source already decoded the audio.
post #80 of 82 Old 10-14-2019, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenestrator19 View Post
I mounted mine under the tv and it holds quite well. I haven’t worried about it falling at all. I will point out that the sound bar is tiled slightly down. I assume it is to let the top speakers shoot the sound closer to the center of the room.
Even though I bought it at Amazon - and love it so far - I managed to get Magnolia scheduled to come out to mount it below the E7 - that Magnolia did sell and install. They offered an option of mounting the soundbar to the TV mount, so that additional holes don't need to be drilled in the wall. Has anyone tried that?
post #81 of 82 Old 12-03-2019, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by defenestrator19 View Post
i mounted mine under the tv and it holds quite well. I haven’t worried about it falling at all. I will point out that the sound bar is tiled slightly down. I assume it is to let the top speakers shoot the sound closer to the center of the room.

please let me know what type of mount you used to mount the sl10yg under the oled!
post #82 of 82 Old 12-04-2019, 08:57 PM

I used the ones that came with the sound bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page