Please help with Samsung N650 set-up - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-23-2019, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Please help with Samsung N650 set-up

Can’t figure out if my set-up is wrong, or if the Samsung N650 soundbar is defective (bought an open box item, which when they don’t work right away, always makes me think that the previous owner had the same problem I’m having and returned it).

The chain is:

Verizon Fios STB -> soundbar HDMI in -> soundbar HDMI out (ARC) -> Vizio P-series HDMI 1 in (ARC)

With this set-up the TV recognizes the soundbar (automatically renames HDMI 1 to soundbar) but the screen says that no signal is detected (no sound or video). Plugging the Fios STB directly in to the TV shows that signal is coming through the HDMI cable. If I open Netflix on the TV, I get sound through the soundbar, so the ARC from the TV to the soundbar is working. If I plug the STB directly in to the TV, then use an optical connection to the soundbar, I get sound. So, it seems to be a problem with the Fios signal getting picked up by the soundbar, then passed to the TV.

Any thoughts? Hoping someone can help before I pack everything up and return the soundbar, though using optical is probably fine if I use the TV HDMI inputs to route all of the connections; I’m not worried about the soundbar receiving less than full resolution audio since I’m just looking for improvement over the TV speakers.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-23-2019, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Correction. Just checked and I’m not getting sound from TV apps to soundbar over ARC. So soundbar doesn’t seem to be recognizing any signal over HDMI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page