Sl10yg Owner's Thread - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #151 of 155 Old 05-03-2020, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I am thinking of procuring the next generation NVIDIA Shield Pro streaming device when available.

Does anyone on this thread use the current NVIDIA Shield Pro or regular NVIDIA Shield for that matter?

Are there any limitations of passing Dolby Vision or HDR10 though the soundbar ( will place it on second HDMI input ) to their TV?

Sony XBR-65A8G 65 inch Bravia OLED 4K TV
Panasonic DP-UB820 UltraHD Premium Blu-ray Player * 2019 Nvidia Shield TV
LG SL10YG 7.1.2 Channel Soundbar + Rear Speaker kit w/Meridian Technology & Dolby Atmos / DTS:X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 155 Old 05-20-2020, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeluce View Post
I am thinking of procuring the next generation NVIDIA Shield Pro streaming device when available.

Does anyone on this thread use the current NVIDIA Shield Pro or regular NVIDIA Shield for that matter?

Are there any limitations of passing Dolby Vision or HDR10 though the soundbar ( will place it on second HDMI input ) to their TV?
As a current 2019 shield pro owner considering the sl10, i would like to get confirmation that it can pass dolby vision through the sound bar as well!

LG 65CX l 2019 NVIDIA Shield Pro l PS4 Pro l Nintendo Switch
post #153 of 155 Old 05-20-2020, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage View Post
As a current 2019 shield pro owner considering the sl10, i would like to get confirmation that it can pass dolby vision through the sound bar as well!
Confirmed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
saiyanzzrage likes this.

LG SL10YG 7.1.2 Channel Soundbar + Rear Speaker kit w/Meridian Technology & Dolby Atmos / DTS:X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 155 Old 05-22-2020, 04:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Liked: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeluce View Post

So I have the SL9YG with Shield Pro 2019 connecting to bar then a LG 65C7 and DV and then ATMOS and DTS:X work fine. The problem I have been running into is when the decides power up there is often some HDCP handshake issue that prevents Vudu and a Disney+ from knowing it is an HDR device. I have to go into Shield settings, turn off DV then turn it back on to to force the HDCP handshake and then the apps show titles in DV. This LG bar replaced a Sony HT-X9000F that worked great, I just was moving that to another TV and went for an supposed upgrade with the SL9YG, but if I can't figure this out in a few days it goes back and I will pick up a new Sony. At the current fire sale pricing of $426 I hope to get it working as at that price it is a great value, but only if it is stable.

LG 77 C9 (Also LG 65 C7 and Sony XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
post #155 of 155 Old 05-22-2020, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post
So I have the SL9YG with Shield Pro 2019 connecting to bar then a LG 65C7 and DV and then ATMOS and DTS:X work fine. The problem I have been running into is when the decides power up there is often some HDCP handshake issue that prevents Vudu and a Disney+ from knowing it is an HDR device. I have to go into Shield settings, turn off DV then turn it back on to to force the HDCP handshake and then the apps show titles in DV. This LG bar replaced a Sony HT-X9000F that worked great, I just was moving that to another TV and went for an supposed upgrade with the SL9YG, but if I can't figure this out in a few days it goes back and I will pick up a new Sony. At the current fire sale pricing of $426 I hope to get it working as at that price it is a great value, but only if it is stable.
Thank you. That was an old post and have since procured and am using the NVIDIA Shield TV. I do not believe that I am not experiencing same issues as you but will keep a lookout for similar issues.

I have the LG SL10YG with rear speaker kit which also replaced a Sony x9000f.

Both work well logistically but in regards to soundstage, etc. the Sony soundbar does not hold a candle to the LG soundbar...So much so that if I do encounter similar issues I would gladly live with them due to the much better sound from the LG system...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
ssaddict likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
lgsl10yg , sound lgc9

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page