Yamaha YSP-5600 and eARC - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-17-2019, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Yamaha YSP-5600 and eARC

I'm looking at getting a Sony A9F or G OLED Set in order to get around the lack of HDR on this soundbar. Has anyone used the 5600 with a TV using eARC with any success?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-14-2020, 04:00 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Guys, Im new in the forum, I´ve founded this thread for the technical service from feintech, the manufacturer of the HDMI audio extractor I have bought to see if I can solve the problem with the audio between my Lg C9 and my soundbar Yamaha YSP5600. I need to know if there is any way to get atmos sound while keeping the hdr the dolby vision because I am a really bit frustated.

If I connect directly the YSP5600 soundbar’s HDMI output directly to the TV’s HDMI ARC I have sound, but only PCM from TV apps like Netflix or Prime. In MKV files from an external hd connected to TV by usb only DD or DTS, never Atmos even if the sound bar is capable of playing Dolby or DTSX True HD.

I still can´t post links here so you can view the specs of the HDMI HD audio extractor in the webpage of the manufacturer, the model is Feintech VAX01201

If I follow the suggestions of the manufacturer in how to connect extractor with the TV and the soundbar I did the next: the HDMI IN connector of the Yamaha ysp5600 to the HDMI2 output of the VAX01201. The HDMI output connector of the Yamaha ysp5600 to the HDMI ARC jack on the TV. Then connect the HDMI VAX012011 output to an HDMI input on the TV. With this configuration I can´t hear any sound....

Can anybody help me please? Do I need to buy another hardware? any comment will be welcome!!

Thanks in advance.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-14-2020, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey how you going. Straight off the bat. The YSP-5600 does not have eARC. So unless it’s a streaming service on your tv providing Dolby Digital Plus then the tv can not output Atmos. You are best to play whatever you have that outputs Atmos through your soundbar and have the soundbar send the image to the tv. If you have a device with Dolby Vision, the soundbar can not forward Dolby Vision image so you will have to buy a HDMI Audio Extractor. Audio to the soundbar and Video image to the tv. I think a lot of people are hoping that Yamaha produce an updated YSP-5600/2700
Soundbar that can do Atmos and passthough Dolby Vision. Time will tell... If you need a device that can play MKV files then Nvidia Shield is your best bet and get the model that allows you to attach a USB stick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-14-2020, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1889 Post(s)
Liked: 1095
you need an HDMI splitter and possibly an HDMI switch. Because every device has to communicate with the source device (ie apple TV, roku, blu-ray, cable, etc.) sometimes the inexpensive splitters will default to the least capable device and send that signal to both devices. So you need a splitter that will send the lossless audio to the 5600 on one output and the all the video capabilities on the other. Here is one that works.
https://www.hdfury.com/product/avr-key/

If you have multiple devices you might need an HDMI switcher before the AVR key. In this case it might be better to go with one of their matrix switches that can do the audio as well. HD Fury makes a few depending on needs and number of inputs. They range from $250-$500. There might be some less expensive Amazon items that will do it but it is a bit of a crap shoot, but worth a try if budget is tight. I know of others but they are even more expensive. The 5600 is a great sound bar and it's a shame not to use it to its full capabilities or degrade your video if you run the HDMI device through it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page