Sk9y Dolby atmos with Xbox one s - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-17-2019, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sk9y Dolby atmos with Xbox one s

I'm trying to get the Dolby atmos to work with sk9y and Xbox one s but they aren't playing nice. Does anyone else have this set up that maybe could walk me through? I downloaded the Dolby app and go to set it up but the Xbox is saying my sound bar doesn't support it or something. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-18-2019, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Good luck. I have an SJ9 and I set it up and it worked fine at first and all games were Atmos although they would cut in and out and they fixed that. Then they went and did an update awhile back and it’s totally ruined it for me. Atmos either gives me no sound or an ear splitting screech and it’s only during games, not on the menus.

But as far as setup you do the Dolby app and then you have to go to audio settings and change it to Atmos by changing the output to bitstream and then selecting Atmos.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-23-2019, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I keep getting a msg that says " there is a problem using this setting. Make sure your audio receiver supports it. Also, make sure to choose at least one audio setting. Both cannot be off. (0x80bd0009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-08-2019, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Are you directly connecting the XBOX to the soundbar? if you have it thru some other device(hdmi splitter or TV via HDMI Arc) make sure that those devices also support dolby atmos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars