Buying JBL 3.1 Soundbar is it a right decision ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-16-2019, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Buying JBL 3.1 Soundbar is it a right decision ?

Hi Guys,

If you guys can help me give some info on this and help me decide in this dilemma that would be really Great. So I am looking out for a Soundbar and a Sub-Woofer Combo to primarily listen to Music but also Movies this would be using my iPad Pro (For Music mostly Spotify, Apple Music and for Movies there are tons of other APPS and stuff) So I want my BASS to be Pounding, Hammering, Earth Shattering. I am a Hardcore BASS Fan !! I like to be my BASS Heavy, Strong, Tight in your Face kinda thing !! So Far I have been using the JBL Authentics L8 Soundbar (2014 Release Product)

https://www.jbl.com/JBLL8BLKAM.html

Though it does a fairly decent job of performance, I started realizing with my kind of expectation I need an external Sub-Woofer (Period) and so I started scouting for alternate solution.

I am mighty impressed with the BOSE 700 Soundbar and the SUB that comes along with it, But I realize that at this point of time I simply cannot afford it. So I am thinking of an alternate solution and that is the JBL 3.1 Soundbar

https://www.jbl.com/bar-series/JBL+B...ck-USA-Current

I wanted to know from you guys would this be a right step in the right direction ? keeping in mind my requirement ? I generally play my stuff using AIRPLAY on the iPad which the JBL L8 can, but the JBL Soundbar 3.1 does not have an Airplay Feature. However a little birdie tells me Man C'mon get over this !! This Monster called the JBL 3.1 Soundbar is gonna rip apart your concept of Airplay inspite of playing through Bluetooth with its outstanding sound quality(If BASS is what you are looking for nothing can beat the signature sound of JBL) but my concern is will playing Bluetooth over AIRPLAY Technically not playing Inferior Quality Sound ? Even though the Source and quality of the source is the same ?

Should I go with it ? without worrying over playing via Bluetooth and not being able to use and stream it over AIRPLAY ??

Guys Please advise ?

Thanks in Advance !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-17-2019, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 93
From my experience Airplay is better than Bluetooth, so I wouldn't want to lose it, personally. Have you checked out the L16? I've been drooling over it for a while but it's a bit expensive for what it is, IMO.

Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS
post #3 of 3 Old 07-17-2019, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3trol_h3ad View Post
From my experience Airplay is better than Bluetooth, so I wouldn't want to lose it, personally. Have you checked out the L16? I've been drooling over it for a while but it's a bit expensive for what it is, IMO.
As far as I know, there is no anecdotal evidence to prove that Airplay will sound better than Bluetooth. The sound Difference with having a seperate dedicated subwoofer with 6 channel drivers in the soundbar itself will be huge as compared to the L8. There is no comparison as far as I know between the two, The JBL 3.1 Soundbar in terms of sound that it produces will blow the water of the L8. That is no brainer !! but Still I am confirming it here !!

Last edited by augustya; 07-18-2019 at 03:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page