What is the best soundbar with built in subwoofers? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By torii

post #1 of 8 Old 07-30-2019, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 13
What is the best soundbar with built in subwoofers?

What is the best soundbar with built in subwoofers?

YAMAHA ATS-1080 vs YAS 108

I'm not sure which is the better of the Yahama soundbars with built in subwoofers?

Also, I have seen there is the

VIZIO 36” 2.1 Sound Bar with Built-in Dual Subwoofers | SB362An-F6

Which one of these is newer and/or better? Which one should I avoid?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-30-2019, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 995 Post(s)
Liked: 826
I prefer either of the Yamahas, which are similar. Pretty sure the 1080 is newer and better. What's your budget?

Also, what size room and volume are you looking to fill? I wouldn't get caught up in "built in subwoofer", that's just marketing talk. We are talking about 3" speakers usually, and they refer to them as subs just because they're the biggest driver in the soundbar. Realistically they will barely hit 120hz at a decent volume. So don't make it your priority or have expectations that you'll get deep bass. It will be just a lot better than TV speakers and nice upgrade.

The good news is that both of those soundbars can have a separate sub added to them down the road, if you feel you need more oomph.

Ps in my bedroom I have a samsung ms650, and that has a really nice clear sound that can play loud with no distortion. The "sub" drivers are also nicer than most and it can actually extend down pretty good for a soundbar. Not sure what price it goes for these days, but you can also add a ws700 sub too.

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series

Last edited by pbz06; 07-30-2019 at 06:34 AM.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-30-2019, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 93
^What he said.

If you aren't going to use or add a separate "sub-woofer" then choose the soundbar with the most and biggest speakers in it.

The Yamaha's you referenced are good, as are the higher-end Samsung's (MS650).. also check out the NW700.

I'd avoid Vizio personally.. especially considering how inexpensive the Yamaha's can be.

Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-30-2019, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Those two Yamaha soundbars are the same product - the only difference is that the ATS model is sold at Costco.
What is your intended use? TV speaker? Music?
Neither the Yamaha or the Visio are anywhere near the "best". I've listened to them both and in my opinion the sound quality is seriously lacking. For music, the Visio sounds better than the Yamaha, but it still doesn't reach the threshold of good quality sound. You'll have to listen to them to see if you agree or disagree.
I auditioned the MS-650 mentioned above, and it's definitely a step up with decent quality sound and punchy bass for a soundbar without an external sub. That would be my pick, but also consider the Q Acoustics M4, which I haven't heard but gets good reviews.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-30-2019, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How’s the UI on the Yamaha ATS 1080?

Also have you used the Yamaha 207? I was thinking about getting that one even though it has a separate sub.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-30-2019, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 3436 Post(s)
Liked: 1910
this old focal soundbar sounds pretty good in my bedroom. I enjoy it more than some other big box store soundbars some of my friends have. https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...package/1.html
p3trol_h3ad likes this.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #7 of 8 Old 07-31-2019, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 93
^ The Focal looks nice with it's five 4" drivers. It also has HDMI, a port to add an external sub (of your choice) and even a built-in amp to power an external sub (the included Focal Dimension Sub, or your own non-powered sub). Man, if they offered the Focal Dimension Soundbar without that Dimension sub, I'd be all over it (nowhere in my application to place the sub).

Sony MASTER Series | harman/kardon AVR | Klipsch Reference Premiere | KEF UniQ | PlayStation | Mohu Leaf | Hue Play | MediaLight | logitech Harmony | CyberPower PFC UPS
post #8 of 8 Old 07-31-2019, 12:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 3436 Post(s)
Liked: 1910
they do sell the soundbar w/out sub. think 100 bux less if you search. its discontinued so might have to look hard.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5, Magnepan LRS
Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page