Soundbar very little improvement over TV speakers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-11-2019, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Soundbar very little improvement over TV speakers

I purchased the Samsung HW-R450 soundbar because the volume on my new Samsung 8 series 65 inch TV is not that good (I have to turn it up to almost 50 for normal sound from the TV speakers) With this soundbar (which was recommended to me where I purchased the TV), it is not that much better. I still basically have the same issue. I have to turn the volume up to 45+ to hear dialogue clearly (hearing dialogue well is my main problem). Is there a recommendation for a soundbar that would do better? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-11-2019, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 951
Vizio soundbars are highly regarded as are Zvox (they promote their dialogue clarity feature). I’ve also heard good things about Polk’s soundbars. Personally, I own a Sennhieser Ambeo, but it’s large, heavy and expensive ($2500), and probably beyond what you’re looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 08-11-2019, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
Vizio soundbars are highly regarded as are Zvox (they promote their dialogue clarity feature). I’ve also heard good things about Polk’s soundbars. Personally, I own a Sennhieser Ambeo, but it’s large, heavy and expensive ($2500), and probably beyond what you’re looking for.

Thanks for the recommendations. The Zvox sounded like just what I needed, but I read a couple of reviews that stated you need to recycle power daily. Do you have any idea if this is true? Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-11-2019, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffettl View Post
Thanks for the recommendations. The Zvox sounded like just what I needed, but I read a couple of reviews that stated you need to recycle power daily. Do you have any idea if this is true? Thanks again.

I’ve not heard that, sounds strange to me. Maybe those people had defective samples? I would guess if it was a widespread issue, they’d be more buzz about it

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page