1Likes
  • 1 Post By blackbr

post #1 of 3 Old 09-02-2019, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Soundbars with Atmos & eArc?

I've been searching and having difficulty trying to find soundbars that support Dolby Atmos and have eArc. I have a 2019 LG Oled and want to be able to take advantage of Dolby Atmos tracks via Vudeo / Netflix / Built in apps on the TV, so I know I need a soundbar that supports HDMI 2.1 and eArc. The only ones I've seemingly found are the nearly 2 year old Sony HT-ST5000 and the new Sennheiser Ambeo. Are there any others I'm missing?

I have a small 2 bedroom apartment and want to upgrade from TV speakers, but also don't want satellite speakers around my living room at this point, but would like to take advantage of the Atmos sound.

I see the Sony is on sale for ~$1,300, and I'm thinking about picking it up, but the more reviews I read the more issues I see people having with it.

Any thoughts or recommendations? I figured at some point in 2019 we'd have seen more eArc enabled soundbars.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-28-2019, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Unfortunately today only the Sennheiser Ambeo would support both. Have a good one.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-29-2019, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 17
You only need eARC if you connect a Blu-ray player direct to your tv and want a LOSSLESS Atmos stream passed through to your soundbar. I don’t know of other lossless sources.

If you are only streaming Atmos from Netflix or other online source, you don’t technically need eARC, ARC can pass this compressed version of Atmos. That said, eARC is supposed to have better management over lip syncing issues some have using ARC.

Samsung is supposed to have an eARC firmware upgrade on their high end Atmos soundbars any day now.
danbfree likes this.

Last edited by blackbr; 11-29-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page