Strange problem with connecting a blueray to a soundbar
I have a BDP-S590 Blueray that I want to hook up to Vizio SB36512-F6 soundbar and play atmos material. Originally, I had this configuration.
* Blueray hooked up to HDMI-2.
* Soundbar hooked up to HDMI-1 which is ARC.
* Play blueray with atmos symbol.
This worked, but the soundbar never detected Atmos (indicator never turns green). I then tried to plug the Blueray player to the HDMI In port of the soundbar, but while the movie goes through I get zero sound. Some further analysis.
1. I tried playing netflix from the blueray. No sound.
2. I replace the HDMI cable and try different port. No change.
3. Swap the Blueray with a roku on HDMI in, which appears to work fine.
4. Played with changeing between PCM and bitstream. Never result in
Any idea why the blueray works plugged directly into the TV but not when I plug it into the soundbar? Why is only the audio affected.
FYI: This turns out not to be a soundbar issue but a UHD incomptibility issue. The soundbar is connected to HDMI-1, which is the ARC port, which is also the port that can be UHD enabled. Sony BDP-S590 isn't compatible with UHD, so when you connect it to a UHD enable HDMI port, there is no audio. It works on the other ports because the other ports are not UHD enabled.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:11 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.