Problems connecting old soundbar to new TV - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-19-2019, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Problems connecting old soundbar to new TV

I have a 7 year old Yamaha soundbar that was top of the line at the time. I believe it was almost $2k so I would like to avoid replacing it. I got a Sony 950G about a month ago and I initially got the soundbar hooked up and working fine until a couple weeks ago it stopped receiving the signal from the TV. I have changed out the cords, tried both optical and HDMI and messed with the audio settings and can’t figure out what’s wrong. I eventually get it working by turning it off /on a bunch of times and cycling through the different inputs but it’s getting tougher and tougher each day to get it working... any idea what would have caused it to go from working fine to not working at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Samsung UN75H7150 - 75"
Denon AVR-X4100W
DefTech 8080 Center Chanel; 8060 Towers; 8080 Surrounds
HSU VTF-15H MK2
Xbox One
Directv Genie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-24-2019, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Please give us the model number of your Yamaha soundbar.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-10-2020, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam320 View Post
I have a 7 year old Yamaha soundbar that was top of the line at the time. I believe it was almost $2k so I would like to avoid replacing it. I got a Sony 950G about a month ago and I initially got the soundbar hooked up and working fine until a couple weeks ago it stopped receiving the signal from the TV. I have changed out the cords, tried both optical and HDMI and messed with the audio settings and can’t figure out what’s wrong. I eventually get it working by turning it off /on a bunch of times and cycling through the different inputs but it’s getting tougher and tougher each day to get it working... any idea what would have caused it to go from working fine to not working at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am having a similar issue with my new Sony 950G and my klipsch rsb-11. When I do get the tv connected to the sound bar I can't adjust the volume with either the tv remote or the sound bar remote. I am wondering if the Sony 950G and it's new eARC is the issue for the Klipsch. Both the sound bar and tv have the most up to date firmware and software.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-15-2020, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel Smith View Post
I am having a similar issue with my new Sony 950G and my klipsch rsb-11. When I do get the tv connected to the sound bar I can't adjust the volume with either the tv remote or the sound bar remote. I am wondering if the Sony 950G and it's new eARC is the issue for the Klipsch. Both the sound bar and tv have the most up to date firmware and software.
I have corrected the sync issues between the Sony 950G and the Klipsch RSB-11. This sound bar has a Dolby Audio decoding and the Sony 950G outputs Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby Digital. It always took a while to pair the sound bar but after it paired it would work. The only problem was raising and lowing the volume. To get rid of the volume issue I went into the audio output setting on the 950 and turned off Sound Mode Sync. Turning this off allowed me to raise and lower the volume on the sound bar through the TV. Toggling Dolby Digital Plus to just Dolby Digital allowed the sound bar to connect instantly. I imagine that the TV defaults to Dolby Digital Plus first by default and then tries to Dolby Digital. Its been three days and I haven't found an issue yet. I'm glad I don't need to buy another soundbar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page