Setting up Sony HT-Z9F without HDMI? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-03-2020, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Setting up Sony HT-Z9F without HDMI?

I've purchased a Sony HT-Z9F to use with the Sony 65 inch 950G that I will have first of February. While I'm waiting, I wanted to try out the soundbar with an older TV that I have. This TV has HDMI inputs but no HDMI output, so I connected the HT-Z9F via the optical connection.

In the manual it discusses setting the soundbar up on the TV screen, but I assume I can't do that with an optical connection? Is there no way to go into setting up the Z9F without an HDMI out from the TV?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-04-2020, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflackey View Post
I've purchased a Sony HT-Z9F to use with the Sony 65 inch 950G that I will have first of February. While I'm waiting, I wanted to try out the soundbar with an older TV that I have. This TV has HDMI inputs but no HDMI output, so I connected the HT-Z9F via the optical connection.

In the manual it discusses setting the soundbar up on the TV screen, but I assume I can't do that with an optical connection? Is there no way to go into setting up the Z9F without an HDMI out from the TV?

Thanks
And..... NVM. Discovered the TV does indeed have an ARC HDMI 1 input/output. Setup went extremely well once I figured it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page