AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Soundbars (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/195-soundbars/)
-   -   New Klipsch Soundbars at CES 2020 (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/195-soundbars/3114124-new-klipsch-soundbars-ces-2020-a.html)

AVS Forum News & Reviews 01-05-2020 11:29 AM

New Klipsch Soundbars at CES 2020

Klipsch always makes a strong showing at CES and this year is no exception. The company is debuting several new soundbars including a Dolby Atmos model, the Klipsch Bar 54.

Full press release:

---------

"Klipsch Introduces New Feature-Rich Sound Bar Lineup CES 2020

Indianapolis, Ind. (January 3, 2020) — Klipsch®, a tech-driven audio company, is pleased to announce that it will showcase three new feature-rich sound bars at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2020 that are a major upgrade to stand-alone television sound, enhancing movies and music with dimension, clarity and realism. The Klipsch sound bars are crafted from wood and utilize horn-loaded technology to look and sound like the brand’s acclaimed Reference speakers.

The Klipsch Bar 54 with Dolby Atmos® and DTS® Virtual:X technology is a 54” sound bar system with a powerful 12” wireless subwoofer and Surround 3 with Dolby Atmos speakers. The system delivers a full 5.1.4 cinematic experience by bringing sound to life from all directions, including overhead, to fill the room with astonishing clarity, detail and depth. An included HDMI®-eARC technology connection as part of HDMI 2.1 allows for compatible TVs to transmit Dolby Atmos from built-in apps. Built-in universal Wi-Fi works with Google AssistantTM virtual personal assistant, Apple® AirPlay® 2, and Amazon® Alexa® for control through any streaming partner. Add Klipsch Surround 3 with Dolby Atmos speakers (sold separately) for dedicated discrete 7.1.4 surround sound. Available Fall 2020, US MSRP $1,499.

A more compact Klipsch Bar 48 with Dolby Atmos and DTS Virtual:X technology measures 48” and comes with a 10” wireless subwoofer for 3.1 immersive sound. An included HDMI-eARC connection as part of HDMI 2.1 allows for compatible TVs to transmit Dolby Atmos from built-in apps. It may be paired with Klipsch Surround 3 speakers (sold separately) for 5.1 surround sound. Available Fall 2020, US MSRP $699.

The Klipsch Bar 44 is the smallest in the series at 44” in length packaged with an 8” subwoofer for an easy-to-use 3.1 sound experience. The bar features Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus enhanced audio decoding, Bluetooth® wireless technology connectivity, as well as HMDI-ARC to connect to a TV using a single HDMI cable. It may be paired with Klipsch Surround 3 speakers for 5.1 surround sound. Available Summer 2020, US MSRP $499.

These new Klipsch sound bars will be on display in the Klipsch booth (#13506, Central Hall, Las Vegas Convention Center) during CES 2020. To learn more about the Klipsch brand and its products, visit Klipsch.com/CES."

Lasnap 01-05-2020 11:48 AM

I was wondering if the number was referring to Length of the Soundbar similar to what vizio does and it seems it is which is good meaning that if that is indeed a 54" soundbar its the second one I am personally aware of other then the old 54" by Vizio before the decided to shrink the bars down. I personally own a 40" Vizio SB4051-CO here and its paired with a 47" Vizio TV and fits perfectly with the width but if I had a larger TV I would indeed want a longer soundbar and its good to see more OEMs putting them out.

Mike Credelle 01-05-2020 10:50 PM

Pointed this out in another thread, but these were announced at CES 2019, they never came out

3Dhereicome 01-12-2020 08:51 PM

Oh cool, Klipsch Re-announced the same 54A soundbar that was supposed to release, “in the fall.” Now they say again, “in the fall.” 2 entire years later. I’m still very interested but I may just buy the new LG instead.

Pookie Za Kot 01-13-2020 05:39 AM

Really?

My impression of sound bars in general is that they're "throw away" tech, i.e. a $1 Bluetooth chip breaks, and the sound bar transforms from cool to junk.

Save money, buy a used pair of Klipsch Heresy II's for $450 and an inexpensive receiver, quality stuff that will work forever.

3Dhereicome 01-13-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie Za Kot (Post 59091412)
Really?

My impression of sound bars in general is that they're "throw away" tech, i.e. a $1 Bluetooth chip breaks, and the sound bar transforms from cool to junk.

Save money, buy a used pair of Klipsch Heresy II's for $450 and an inexpensive receiver, quality stuff that will work forever.

Lol. What stops the “$1 Bluetooth chip,” on the “cheap receiver” from breaking? I do hate when that happens though on soundbars, if only there was a cable method you could use instead?